How many hours are we looking at to beat this game?

How many hours are we looking at to beat this game?
What the fuck is co op like?
Should I get this or Wolfenstein or assassins creed?

Serious answers only. All off-topic comments will be reported appropriately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hECquPt0xwA?t=87
twitter.com/AnonBabble

clocked 75 hours

>Should I get this or Wolfenstein or assassins creed?
ahahahahahaha

15-25 hours.
One person controls Mario, the other controls Cappy. Cappy has freedom of movement on the XY plane but can't go up or down.
I dunno.

20 hours if you're a game journalist or a nintendo fan

>75 hrs
>15 hours

I'm seeing some disparities here. Explain yourselves.

I'm about 75 moons away from 999 and it took me around 50 hours, though it should have taken me a bit longer as I used guides on some moons that I could not figure out.

15 to beat
75 to get every moon

It's around 10 hours if you play it normally.

A simple story playthrough should take from 10 to 15 hours if you don't really bother with anything outside of the "plot". 100% can easily take 50 hours though.

my switch says i have 30 hours logged so far

not bad!

main story is around 12 hours
unlocking all the content - 30 to 40 hours
100% - 50 to 60 hours

15 speedrun
75 100%

I'm not spending $60 plus tax on a 10 hr game. Looks like it's assassins creed for me then. At least it will have some replay value.

Did you read none of the replies to your thread?

Did you actually read the other posts?

15 hours for me and thats all i could stand. Fun game tho.

I literally beat it the day it came out. 10 hours TOPS if you've ever played a fucking video game before.

Yes there is a NG+ post-game, but its the same fucking levels with just more moons added.

It's good, but I never feel like playing it again. Its just way too easy.

holy fucking shit you're retarded. it's not a 10h game. read the fucking thread. YOUR thread.

no, wait. don't. just fucking kill yourself.

I've made my decision. This thread is over now. Delete it mods.
All further comments will be reported, so avoid a ban and move along.

But it is... just because you replay the same levels with more collectibles doesn't mean you haven't beaten the game.

are you actually implying that you only "beat" a game when you 100% it?

What the fuck was the point of this thread? Just to shitpost?

>are you actually implying that you only "beat" a game when you 100% it
That's kinda the point of a collectathon, isn't it?

10 hours tops if you only got the bare minimum of moons and never stopped to enjoy the game's worlds. You autistic game rushers are a cancer to the industry.

No this thread is the boob.q

it's not a 10h game.

just buy assassin's creed, it's perfect for retards like you.

/thread

I just beat Tekken's arcade mode in 20 minutes. Holy shit, why would Namco release such a short game?!?!?!

He's an obvious shitposter, yes.

>How many hours
Took me around 25-30. I took my time and tried to do most of what I could in each Kingdom before moving on. The game overall last longer than this though.

>Co op
Never tried it, but I know that 2p controls Cappy.

I've never played the other two, so I'm going to say Mario. I know that Wolfenstein is much shorter and ymmv on singleplayer FPS games. Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed. If you love the series, you'll probably like it. If you don't and/or burned out on open world, you probably won't like it.

It's gonna last you for a long ass time.

The main story might be 25-30 hours, but if you're going for the 100% as any respectable Mario player should, you can expect a good 120+ hours out of it.

Wolfenstein is fun but short. I bought both and liked both. Assassin's Creed is not worth it.

7-8 hours to beat
Can get 15+ if you enjoy it enough to do end game content

>7-8 hours to beat

nigger what? It's like 25-30 for the main story, and there are like 1000 power moons in the postgame after you beat Bowser.

You're exaggerating.

And so are you.

No, I'm not exaggerating. There are exactly 999 power moons in the game. And the main story does take that long, unless you're speedrunning trying to get it done as fast as possible.

There is no way it took you 25+ hours to beat this game unless it was your first video game. I beat it in two sittings with about 130 moons with a little past 7 hours clocked

WHY ARE YOU REPLYING TO OBVIOUS BAITS

Anywhere from 15 to 70 hours depending on how much you like to explore and collect moons.

Coop is basically just girlfriend mode

I took my time and enjoyed it. I wasn't rushing through trying to beat Bowser as fast as I could.

It took me 5 hours to learn to beat the game in just over an hour. Not worth the pricetag, it should have been a $10 appetizer for the next Mario game.

How do you even tell how many hours you've put into the game?

Cool. That doesn't mean that the average will be 20+ hours. I only rushed levels I didn't really enjoy. The water levels.

15-20 hours to beat the story
30 hours to get to 500 moons
70 for completion

Shitposting is becoming too advanced. We should stop before the shitposting becomes sentient.

Switch tells you

I bet 20 hours will be average. Most people outside Sup Forums don't play games like autistic jackrabbits rushing toward Bowser, while not enoying the worlds.

That's your experience and can't you see that you obviously rushed through it? I can't stand people like you who don't understand other peoples perspectives...

How is it not simple to understand? If a player spends a good comfortable hour in every level, and then goes back to spend 1 more hour in every level before playing the final level, that is nearly the 25 hours right there.

Holy shit man...stop being so fucking close minded. It's painful to read, and autistic as fuck.

The absolute bare minimum is probably around 10-12 hours. However, that's barely even scratching the surface of the game's content. I have about 35 hours played and I wouldn't be surprised if I hit 50 hours by the time I finish it. That's a lot for a Mario game.

So you just rushed through each level in under half an hour, while not stopping to explore or collect extra moons/coins? You don't sound like you know how to enjoy a game.

Nigga he's deciding whether to get Mario or Wolfenstein/AC. What the fuck kinda question is that?

>You beat it faster than me!
>Must be autistic!
Yeah, no reasoning with you. Game is 7-15 depending on how many Mario games you've played. Nothing else to be said.

while I agree with your statement. You can't /thread yourself. /threading is like having someone else seconds your motion.
like now
/thread

I have 70 hours logged. First play through I 100%ed it and got all 880 moons and then I stopped playing at Bowser's Kingdom on my second playthrough.

7-15 hours to get all 999 moons? First time?
How? I'm impressed.

>Answer my questions about Mario
>I'll just ignore everyone's responses but one and then say I'm getting assassins creed
It's a shitpost thread.

>I beat it in two sittings with about 130 moons
>130 moons
I am not necessarily going to say that you were playing the game wrong. But damn, that's not how it was intended to be played.
And it is not how most people play it. You're the minority here.

Each world has a "main story" that lasts about 30 minutes if you do only that.
Each world also has 30-50 moons, of which you can get some before you complete that main story and the majority AFTER completing the main story. So, if you want, you could quickly beat each world's main story, then stay another hour or two looking for all the power moons and regional coins. There're some smaller worlds and some bigger worlds. It'd be an overall of 30 hours to beat the main story this way. If you just rush it, it's less than 10 hours.

You need 500 moons for the final challenge, but there are over 800 moons to collect.

First playthrough, without using the internet at all, it should take you about 40 hours to 100%.

I don't understand, did kids grow up only caring about getting 70 stars? Everyone in my town played for 120.

Coop: Cappy can go up (jump) and down (ground pound)
youtu.be/hECquPt0xwA?t=87

Yes, you sound pretty autistic, because your only goal is beating Bowser as fast as possible. We could all do that in well under 15 hours, but that's not what normal people would want to do. Most people would prefer to explores the game's worlds, mess around with capturing enemies, and collect more than the game's bare minimum collectibles.

>40 hours to 100% without the Internet
I don't see how that's possible. Getting every single moon, purple coin, and enough cash to purchase every piece of clothing would take well over 40 hours on a blind play through.

15 hours for completion. 75 for 100%

>are you actually implying that you only "beat" a game when you 100% it?

it's because of people like you that videogame industry is now shit

You "beat" a game when you are done having fun and are satisfied.

Just because you decide to stop playing once you hit an arbitrary flag, doesn't mean that others felt the need to stop enjoying themselves there.

what are you a faggot?

Yes, you only beat a game when you 100% it, or at least get damn close to that point. Beating Bowser does not mean you beat the game. That just means you completed the main storyline.

Nah, you beat a game when you have beaten it. If you feel satisfied with a games, that simply means you are done with the game.

>you beat a game when you have beaten it.

Way to not actually say anything or add to the discussion at all.

Yes. When something is beaten, it is beaten. I think we all understand that. Thanks.

15 hours to beat the game
70 hours to get all but one moon
5 additional hours jumping rope

Nothing needs to be discussed, because it's an objective concept. Beating a game is accomplished when you complete all parts of the game. Throwing around subjective definitions like "I beat the game when I feel satisfied with it" is idiotic.

This. You beat a game when you have completed it. I don't know why this needs to be discussed.

mfw got to 100 on jumprope on my first try and see all these shitters taking hours to do it

including my brother

988 moons right now... I guess 30 - 40 hours

I also got 100 jumps in the first try, with no sweat. Don't understand what this fuss is about.

However, getting 100 in volleyball is complicated without controlling cap as 2nd player.

Is 500 moons a seperate milestone?

Use the scooter. It takes a few tries to get properly positioned under the rope, but it's automatic after that. After 50 you just tap the jump button immediately after the scooter hits the ground. The scooter removes the variability in jump heights. I closed my eyes after reaching 100 and got to 150 through rhythm/controller vibrations alone.

Yeah, it unlocks the last world.

I can't get this off my mind anytime I see that fucking hat.

>Beating a game is accomplished when you complete all parts of the game

Right, so 100%ing it, not just finishing the story.

>I also got 100 jumps in the first try, with no sweat. Don't understand what this fuss is about.

We're not all autsits like you.

>only reads and replies to the post that had an image

brainlet confirmed

unironically this, you'll enjoy it more.

Exactly. Completing the story just means you finished the main quest. You haven't beaten a game though, if there are still side quests, collectibles, etc. remaining.

You can check. Just look at your save file in data management.

Glad Nintendo has added assist mode in Odissey for faggots like you. Otherwise you'd be crying over the loss of the Golden Leaf.

Is there any way to see how many hours I've clocked on a game other than "More than X hours"

>5 additional hours jumping rope
I wish this was a joke, it took me at least 3 hours before doing that shit

100 jump ropes shouldn't be that hard, yet it's considered one of the hardest challenges in the game.

It's easy once you realize that you're not supposed to jump as fast as possible after 50, that's what messing people up. There's a rhythm to it and it's not that hard to stick to it without mashing a jump button like a sperg.

Volleyball is actually harder, but you can cheese it with 2P mode.

>Is there any way to see how many hours I've clocked on a game other than "More than X hours"
Check your save file under data management. I may be wrong, though.

>75 hours
What?

>How many hours are we looking at to beat this game?
45 to 100% it, 15-20 for just the main story.

>What the fuck is co op like?
Player 1 controls Mario, player 2 controls Cappy. Both have camera control and play 2 can fuck over player 1 inadvertently.

My opinion, this. Fuck those other games.

>18 and a half for main+extras

If you're a speedrunner maybe

NO ONE IN THIS THREAD IS ACTUALLY POSTING THEIR PLAYTIME

They probably fucked around a lot, took me 45 to 100% it. That image seems correct if by main+extras they mean getting to Darker side and beating that.

Let me get this straight 100%

A game length and worthiness of a buy is determined by the collectibles?

LMAO. Guess that makes the collecting in Assassin's Creed the epitome of game design.

It really IS okay when Nintendo does it.

Mario will take you about 6-9 hours.

Only autists will go for 100%. It's the equivalent to finding hidden packages in GTA3 for all the fuck it does for you or what new/fun you will have doing it.

Yeah, I'm just going to wait for a sale. Either when someone sells their copy for half-price, or if/when Nintendo makes a 'Selects' label for Switch games. No game is worth $60.

I already sold it for 50 bucks (only bought it for 50 dollars too. I would recommend just waiting for a sale if you don't actually want it now.

Took me like 12 hours to beat main storyline.
30-35 hours to get "real ending".
still haven't got all the moons

>Nintendo games
>going on sale

top kek, might as well wait for a few years for it to go nintendo selects

>How many hours are we looking at to beat this game?
the main story can be finished very quickly, requiring only 124 moons (there are 880 unique moons in the game). Maybe 3-6 hours depending on your pace. Post game is much longer depending on how far you want to go. Another 10-20 hours easy. You need 500 moons to unlock the true ending.
>Co op
one player controls Cappy (the hat) and the other mario. The Cappy player is just sitting around sometimes though (like in the 2d sections) so they sort of get the shaft. Not bad overall though

I would buy this over those games assuming your okay with gameplay that doesn't try too hard to be anything other than pure fun.

It's GOTY material in my opinion.