At what point will we reach toystory Graphics?

At what point will we reach toystory Graphics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXouFfqSfxg
youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA
youtube.com/watch?v=R8NeB10INDo&
youtube.com/watch?v=zIqKsbr7xk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2010
then why does a 2018 game look worse?

youtube.com/watch?v=bXouFfqSfxg

youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA

youtube.com/watch?v=R8NeB10INDo&

real time 60fps not even pushing my GPU to any limits

sorry, but a tech demo =/= realtime game

toy story =/= realtime
toy story =/= game

what's their obsession with rocks?

Not until we find a replacement for silicon. Rendering a single frame in a Pixar movie takes *hours*. To get the point where we can render at even 30fps to get a playable product it would take processors several orders of magnitude more powerful than we're currently using and we're already maxing out what our current tech can support. We'd need a breakthrough that replaces the current microprocessor technology.

that's some good looking rock terrain

which is why im asking when games will reach toy story. learn to read retard

We've surpassed toy story visuals in real time graphics ages ago, fuck off with this stupid reddit meme!

It's a console game

Self shadowing is a huge waste of resources for real time rendering.
It will be ages before it can be even considered.

post proof or shutup

>At what point will we reach toystory Graphics?
Also we've surpassed toy story visuals ages ago.
Look at Battlefront II...

81 minutes, 60 seconds per minute, 24 frames per second, two hours per frame

26.6 years of rendering huh

When consolefags learn to stop eating shit and collectively holding back the potential of the medium

rendering with never not take hours per frame because the tech is constantly being pushed

but in terms of mid 90s to early 2000s pixar, we've easily reached that fidelity with realtime lighting and texture work

see
If you want actual released video games just take any triple A from the last few years like the new Battlefront II.

Toy Story looks like shit and takes place in small environments.

Right because Pixar only has one computer.

Toy Story 1 made use of nurbs not polys...

>wooden floor with a mirror finish
lol

I can't wait until games look this good.

Self shadowing has been used everywhere in video game in this decade!

They already did. KH3 is not some technological marvel.
People only use it for comparison because it has the same room and the same characters as Toy Story.

>Self shadowing is a huge waste of resources for real time rendering
>It will be ages before it can be even considered
hwat?
It's been basic shit for a good while now.

What game devs really need to work on is morphing and such. Basic animation principles require that characters need to be able to stretch and bend and otherwise alter their form to suit the current action. Most video game models don't do this.

Toy Story is one long pre-rendered cutscene. Video games are rendered in real time.

Holy shit that image is so stupid it hurts to look at.

one is prerendered images made by dozens of high end PC, rendering for weeks for an hour of footage

the other is one console rendering around 30 pictures evers second

this
>specular on the eye
>HURR DURR WE CAN SEE LIGHTSOURCE BEING REFLECTED VERY COMPUTATIONALLY HEAVY
literal retards fall for this shit

jak and daxter does this

are you a retarded?

This pretty much desu

Consoles are like religions, they are always holding back progress

This is such an autistic argument I can't believe someone even made your image, noone is asking for a million polygon low detail games when they talk about better graphics, they mean devs need to stop being lazy and stop catering to decade old hardware so we can have nice models.

WHAT THE FUCK I HATE TOY STORY 3 NOW!

Seriously that's one retarded image.

That's cool, but that's a tiny area and nothing else going on.

>that springy duck head guy
>fishing rod with legs
>little car with hands for wheels
I love these little abominations, is toy story the best pixar movie to date?

except more than 100k particles...

I can't wait until games sound this good.
youtube.com/watch?v=zIqKsbr7xk4

Yeah, it would run like total shit if it were an actual level in a game, that's his point

That picture is like 15 years old.

actually not, as seen on youtube with people playing around with 100k+ particles playable levels

kek

That transformation is actually a lot more complicated than the animation in most games these days.

not really

>He posts, using a machine that was made possible because of religous monks copying knowledge by hand day and night.

Really activates my almonds

Imagine what they could do if not held back by religion

To be fair, there is a difference between having a lot of time to render something for an animated movie and then instant rendering for games. Cutscenes could be better and I'm not sure why they're not

>Those ground textures
Fucking disgusting

kek

Imagine what you could do if not held back by shitposting.

imagine what I could do if I could do anything

Worst image on the Internet.

When we achieve realtime path tracing with enough samples to not look grainy and dynamic scenes.
Won't be long now.

toy story was not path traced

nor was it ray traced, just to be clear

Then much sooner.

we've already surpassed toy story in every way

The original is made to illustrate a point.
This image however just further strengthens the claim of the original, while going completely ballistic over details.

what was the point of the original then?

Probably 200-800 years.
We simply don't have the technology right now, but I can see it happen.

more like a million years, as we all know toy story is more realistic than reality

That picture has been debunked so thoroughly that the only people who still post it are trolls.

>Toy Story in 1995
>1 frame per 6 hours in realtime
>Video game in 2017
>30+ frames per second in realtime

Woody is actually not specified in terms of triangles. The Reyes algorithm is based on using more complex ("spline") surfaces, which are split apart until each surface is smaller than a pixel. Only at that point is a surface converted into a quadrilateral for shading calculations. This means that the spline surfaces will always be perfectly visually smooth, and that the number of quadrilaterals will vary from frame to frame.

>debunked
Diminishing returns are real though. Even if you're super fucking skilled and put countless hours into whatever you're modelling.

the original was based off of misinformation
turbosmoothing a model will never add detail to it
only underage retards still believe this decade old pic

What type of computer do CG artists and animators who work on Pixar movies even use?
Could anyone afford one?

they use high end workstations to create the source material then they render the film with a render farm which is basically hundreds of computers dedicated to processing the film.

UNIX workstations with Quadras and network-based operating systems running RenderMan.

you're a fucking moron however if you don't understand and

If you run into diminishing returns with modeling a single character, extend that to making multiple characters.

We still don't have RTS games with realistic battles of 20,000 units on each side where every unit has a detailed model.

I wonder if it has something to do with the U4 engine, a lot of games on that engine seems to do that

Why does it seem like nothing is actually on the floor? Something about the shadows is throwing me off... they're probably too blurry.

unreal supports everything listed in that absolutely retarded image made by some retard to bait in other retards like you

Your example is showing diminishing returns too.

You could make just 1000 detailed models and there would be virtually no difference. Hell even if we say just make 10.000 unique models the work would be cut in half and there would be absolutely no observable difference.

>U4 engine,
no engine can render toy story yet.

you're a goddamn retard and missed what he said entirely

retards like you are why I hate Sup Forums for anything remotely serious

No, I understood perfectly and exposed the flaw in his logic.

Better fuck off, retard.

no what he said was that if throwing a bunch of polys on one asset doesn't make a difference, you can use those polys to have a bunch of assets on screen

yet you arent posting a game with better graphics than toystory. maybe you are the retard....

Simulate a realistic city using procedural generation to create 1 million unique faces.

Simulate a planet with 7 billion people.

Simulate the universe down to the quantum level.

It will be a long time before we reach the point where you cannot add more to a game with more processing power, it if even happens at all.

For 2010 those graphics aren't too bad.

has been posted in this thread already...

Because it's a shitty game made by a washed up studio only just clinging to relevance via nostalgia faggotry and weebs.

It's still wasted resources in his example though. The point should be to use polygons in the most optimal way possible by just covering each point just as needed.

we've not reached that point, not even close

Nigga it's 2010 not 1995. Of course the graphics are nice, they still hold up perfectly fine after 7 years.

How are you rendering the water? Are you using something like blender or openGL/DirectX

the only thing posted was a tech demo, that wasn't real time, and still didnt look better, just used post processing to trick brainlets like yourself

go back to your consoles, kid. adults are trying to talk

>overbloomed window light
Except it was shown you can see through it later in the trailer, nice cherrypick

Also left looks more like a toy, right screams "old as fuck 3D work" not even plastic, just poor 3D rendering, the fact that it has more polys is negligible compared to the fact that left looks more Disney-ish, more like toys and is rendered 30 times per second, eat a dick contrarian.

lmao it uses VXGI

toy story is the one that fakes shit, literally hand placed AO and GI, hand picked where shadows are rendered and where not

Also Battlefront II

Also all of the tech demos look way way better, both technically and visually. You're just a filthy redditor who's latched to some stupid /r/gaming meme

Toy story is inaccurate shit taking place in tiny rooms!