youtube.com/watch?v=bsW38Ed1ABU
piecesinteractive.se/
store.steampowered.com/app/741350/Titan_Quest_Ragnark/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying dlc

Screenshots don't look that good desu
Who would want to return to TQ after GD anyway

Yeah, I'm surprised TQ looked that bad.

What kind of goofy publisher okays a DLC for a 10 year old arpg? Did they contract Crate to make it at least? I doubt it since Crate was working on their Grim Dawn expansions.

Why the fuck aren’t they making a sequel instead

Why would they contact Crate, it's not their franchise
Someone just wants to put THQ licenses to use

I always thought TQ's abilities looked really dull and unsatisfying. Is that not the case?

Why the hell wouldn't they just make a new norse themed arpg?

They are. I would argue that even GD has some of the issues from TQ.

jesus christ wat

I just started a new rogue/spirit char last weekend

going to give this time for others to play through it and then if old TQ players like it I'll get it in December

More effort, while you can create a new team of newbies and put this project on them so some nostalgia driven retards that still think that TQ was the peak of ARPGs would want to buy it

You are absolutely right.
I really forced myself through the game because the “classes” are the most uninspired and dull shit I have ever seen in a hack and slash game. I guess it’s fine if you just want to play as a hoplite wacking enemies with your sword.

rogue\spirit is shit.

i played.

They absolutely are. Every single build you just amplify your BASIC ATTACK with random procs and pick up a couple of passive boosts. It's total shit.

wtf? I love DLC now.
On a more serious note, anyone here played it?
Is it long? Is it good?

>it's real
put on wishlist but too pricey for now.

I could've tried this if it weren't for the fact that TQ is the slowest ARPG on the planet

i suppose for the same reason Grim Dawn was TQ under the hood. It's cheaper to take the old engine you already have, clean it up and make something using it instead of making a new engine for a new game.

but when TQ Anniversay Edition came out at least they introduced that speed dial that drastically reduced the game's sluggish movement speed. I set it to the top speed value and never looked back, it was a good QoL improvement.

guess the new guys who own this shit now wanted to test out making something original before making Titan Quest 2 from the ground up?

I'm a fan of new expansions for old games

Anyone who likes games with atleast a decent setting and art style

Postal 2's Paradise Lost expansion was pretty dang good, so I too like expansions for old games.

I thought I was in the minority. It’s too bad when it’s such a great setting.
>durr defense mastery with defense buffs
>durr warfare mastery with attack speed buffs and shit

rogue/spirit caster is great, I dunno what you're talking about

poisoned staff attacks are stupid good

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'VE DELETED ALL OF MY TITAN QUEST VAULT FILES ALONG WITH MOUNTAINS OF EPIC AND LEGENDARY GEAR JUST A WEEK AGO

Why would you do that?

OH SHIIT ITS REAL
t. faggot who loved TQIT (400hr+) but couldn't get into GD due to artstyle/setting/monsters

what's the closest i can get to a viking arpg besides this

god damn I'm a sucker for snow settings during winter

youtube.com/watch?v=bsW38Ed1ABU

The only half decent class is rogue because you have throwing knives, bombs and traps. But they get out shined by the AA proc so you don't get to invest in them. GD introduced some diversity but it still suffers from the same issue.

Because I was "done" with the game. I've switched to Grim Dawn and wasn't planning on coming back to TQ ever. Boy was I fucking wrong.

Also, they added new cheevos just a couple of hours ago. I was at 99% just yesterday.

What the fuck. Anyone taking one for the team who could show what the new mastery features?
I’m happy for the recent influx of Nordic mythology settings, it’s criminally underused.

Is it about killing thousands of the same enemies and sorting through thousands of useless trash loot that you don't need or want? Because that's exactly what I was waiting for.

I never finished TQ because friends reee'd. But I loved it because I'm more of a fan of Base Attack + Boosts and Procs and shit than 'Press 1 to Special Attack'. I'm currently doing Elite run through on GD anyway with my Cabalist. 500%+ bonus attack to pets. Shame I still get my ass kicked by things if they all die (and they do die rather easily).

>sorting through thousands of useless trash loot that you don't need or want?

you mean like how the game filters out loot that is trash anyway and you have a nifty portal to sell said good loot quickly?

There’s the Viking Wolves of something something that came out recently and there’s a new Rune game on the way which is surprising as fuck

At least you can sort the loot by rarity. I end up only picking up greens/blues after a while. Less trips to vendors and you still make bank from gold/selling stuff.

pls be good pls be good pls be good

I love TQ, if the norse setting is done as well as I felt the greek setting was, then I'll be happy

>buy titan quest dirt cheap on steam sale
>expect game to have toggle auto attack
>lol no click every single time you want to hit
>refund

So the game has a shit mechanic and also has a mechanic that allows you to ignore that mechanic? Game design awards, here we come.

>264 hours
like a little baby

>DLC is 20$

they must be insane

Who's gonna play this with me?
and also buy me the DLC

piecesinteractive.se/

The developer. Looks like their most famous game is Magicka 2.

Just hold the mouse button down, dumbo.

Most arpgs after diablo have this filter. Are you retarded?

>dlc costs 4x of the base game
AHAHAHAH

Greece was very good. Egypt always felt like a chore. Asia was ok except for the unending great wall.

The best thing TQ did was have humanoid monsters equip the loot they would drop. You could spot a satyr rocking a glowing sword and you'd know you can get it after killing him.

You're definitely not alone: in an ARPG that takes pride in different class combos synergies these classes leave a lot to be desired. GD still has a lot of dumbass skills that are extremely unsynergistic and have a very niche use, but there's less of them, not to mention the constellation system gives a lot more freedom and variety in building your class. Still, a lot of classes rely way too much on passives and auras instead of actives and unlike PoE, which has a similar issue, which has some interesting stuff around theorycrafting and itemization, itemization in both TQ and GD is underwhelming. The class-progress leveling system also significantly slows your progress in building the class you want, since half of your ability points will be spent on class progress passive that mostly give uninteresting effects of more HP/Mana/attributes. That means that half of levels in the game will give you nothing, but more HP/Mana/attributes.

So? Are you saying that something being good or bad depends on how many games do it?

looking at the screenshots it seems like there's 0 new assets

>bunch of childhood games I loved are getting new expansions and shit
>Age of Empires, Mythology, Duke 3D
>now Titan Quest

wait what.
holy shit

boring setting on its own tbqh. need to mix all of the european mythologies to get anything approaching interesting

Base game is also $20.

It's not a shit mechanic, it's the core of the gameplay. You play to get more items, to get better items, to kill more quickly so you can get the perfect item you want. If you cannot even understand this then you should never ever touch ARPGs, because they will only make you mad. You remind me of people, who complain about Warframe being grindy. Warframe is not grindy, it is fucking grind.

How does this dlc work ?
Do you need a character that completed the content or what ?
Last time i played tq was like 8 years ago, i don't have my saves.

Any good Diablo clones/ARPG that don't that?

Egypt's maps were too wide spread for an ARPG, it made me skip more than half of the fights.

And I don't remember the great wall being that long, it had a boss right next to the fountain that dropped absolute shit though.

Nobody was actually stupid enough to buy it for 20. It was 5 even on the release day.

>It's not a shit mechanic, it's the core of the gameplay.
These are not mutually exclusive, user.

Unironically Diablo 3: you will always get new tools while you level, making leveling actually exciting and interesting. Where Diablo 3 lacks is the true end-game, where initial variety wears off and you understand that classes are more tied to class sets than abilities you can use.

Diablo 3

>Modern games keep eating shit
>Publishers going back to proven properties
>Develop expansion
>Relearn the magic

>Why the fuck aren’t they making a sequel instead
They probably are if the expansion sells. Part of developing a sequel is to have people go in and learn the magic of what made successful games successful. I watched some of the Nightdive SS2 streams. They had devs going through and noting aspects of the original game in establishing the profile of what was good or bad.

The skills are really dull but the ragdoll physics are hilarious when your damage gets high.

It's still $5 if you buy your key from a reseller.

>Base game is also $20.
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition is $3.99 for me.

Yes? Tell that to the people defending 20$ dlc not me.

Any info on the DLC? New masteries?

>fighting imps in an underground room
>hit one so hard it flies through the ceiling and over the wall

if this is an other 100 hours I'd pay 15-20 bucks

Just saying, don't be mean.

what's so good about TQ, why do people like it

Yes, they are not, because now we are talking it's not about issues with the games, it's the issue with the genre. And when we are talking about issues with the genre we are talking about subjective opinions. I can humor myself and argue with you about that, but I don't see the reason to: you dislike ARPGs, plain and simple. You may like some of them as an exception, but you don't like the staple of the genre.

>Become a Runemaster, a magical warrior fighting with both, spells and weapons

store.steampowered.com/app/741350/Titan_Quest_Ragnark/

It's easily 100 hours due to there being 3 difficulty levels, unless you just pick your lvl75 character and do it only once on legendary.

>one of the best and most loved ARPGs ever gets a more content
>nu-Sup Forums shits on it
The state of this fucking board.
Go play battle front 2 or asscreed you fucking cucks.

It's for a niche crowd. I'm an autist for Diablo style arpgs, and equally an autist for dual classing systems, so Titan Quest strokes my jimmy something good.

>go full hoplite so i can be like the heroes of the past
>fight satyrs
>poke poke poke
>fight cat women
>poke poke poke
>fight skeletons
>poke poke poke
>realize i've just been clicking monsters for the past few hours
>realize game is shit
>never play again

It's another loot-sloshed arpg, it's like the Pringles of the genre.

Anniversary Edition was free for anyone who already owned Titan Quest on steam, which was dirt cheap to get for many years.

Probably gonna pick up the expansion pack. Love norse shit, and enjoyed TQ though never played the first expansion pack (which is in the AE by default). Looks like it also adds improved graphics slightly as well (at least as possible for an 11 year old game).

Just read the steam page? Adds a new mastery as expected, mentions that its the longest act by a good margin apparently. Also engine improvements. Also apparently adds some stuff to the base game but not sure what.

Good diablo style game with mythological setting. Dual class selection with a lot of options for playing the character. Game isn't for everyone though as the skills are often heavily focuses on regular attack buffs or otherwise less "flashy" stuff compared to other games.

>Finally: wear pants!
Thank fuck.

>best and most loved
it was a fat porker who hit on us during a dry spell.

ARPGs have always just been liked by autists user.
Just look at this faggot He multiplies the playtime by the amount of difficulty levels.

>literally autoattack + passives the gameplay

If you don't have Titan Quest by now you should commit sudoku

just cheat them back in. Perfect time to start fresh again if you love it so much.

What's the issue here? Don't get attached to numbers or breakable posessions dude.

Your post has so much memery, omg your so funny holy shit. Green text, green frog, cuck, oh man you are the true Sup Forums. kys

>He multiplies the playtime by the amount of difficulty levels.
Let me guess, you've only played Diablo 2 on normal? LMAO.

you still have to point your mouse over the enemy you want to attack, and its usually very messy

they could just let you lock onto an enemy like any other top-down arpg

Just play Path of Exile instead

>generic diamond dozed Greek background
>decent setting
Pick one.

No, its just that normies go through it once and then move on. I do exactly that because I like ARPGs but I don't like REPLAYING ARPGs because that gets really boring.

Grim Dawn had the right idea with the Crucible, take your maxed character and wade through enemies without having to talk to certain npcs or find certain dudes on the map. Gets boring.

So you wouldn't sperg out if someone said that some CoD has a 50 hour campaign because it's actually 5 hours with 10 difficulty levels? Or do you just gloss over this kind of autism in the games you like?

>Ragnarök
News to me.

or grim dawn, since its made by the original TQ people

>improved ragdoll physics
If they mean more hilarious I will buy it without even looking at other content but if it mean more "realistic" no fun allowed I will pass.

>just play this shitty trading simulator instead of an actually h&s game, bro!

That is one attack and passives to the max.

>people already complaining about auto attacking in the TQ ITT
>just play passives & AA: The Game bro
What did user mean by this?