Battlefront 2 Campaign

>campaign starts off decent enough
>maybe it won't be so bad
>fifth mission starts

>suddenly they're traitors because father reasons

>join the rebels in the next level

>they accept Iden and Del with very little hesitation

>rest of the game is a traditional "villain becomes a good guy" Star Wars flick while you single-handily destroy most Imperial bases and get out unscathed

>1/8th of the missions aren't even about Iden because they believed everyone would get bored without the original trilogy characters

>Lando is suddenly a joking moron who doesn't know what he's doing half the time

>the only AT-AT section is on-rails

>Iden tries to save her father from his ship before it crashes, and he just tells her to go because she got stronger, despite literally having tons of stormtroopers and her former comrade try to kill her throughout most of the campaign, and having the ultimate opportunity to try and do one last attempt

>she leaves him without much further thought

>she and her squadmate fall in love despite very little indications beforehand, because forced romance

>last mission gets interesting, which is ironic because it has Kylo as the playable character

>it's over in ten minutes

>former comrade goes "lol I'm not dead, and I'm going to kill her...but I'll do that later"

>sequel bait ending

>"Iden's story continues in multiplayer"

They fucked it. They had a simple concept that could have gone places and they fucked it. I didn't even think that was possible. Why did they play it safe?

Thanks user. Its not even worth the campaign after all.

The sequel bait is probably going to be the campaign dlc coming this december.

Gee an EA game is fucking trash? Who would have thought?

Because apparently one mary sue feminist pandering character in the universe wasn't enough.

Can we ever get a Star Wars game where the bad is a bad guy through and through? Enough with the fucking redemption shit at the end.

empire at war did this pretty much.

You expected a deep storyline?
NAW NIGGA WE SHOOTAN STORM TROOPERS AND SPENDIN ON LOOT BOXES TURN UP

Both KotOR games

Didn't the original battlefront 2 have you play as a clone trooper going from the republic sides all the way to the empire?

To be honest Lando and that alien dude seemed like they were the best part of the campaign. They had fantastic delivery.

Pretty much. And it's not like you played as a bad guy.

It's been said that the 501st got the best of the war. We also got the worst. On Felucia, the Seps dug their metal heels into the muck of that alien hellhole and dared the Republic to come in after them. So we did, only to be met with the month after month of flesh-eating diseases, shrieking nocturnal predators, and other sights that haunt me to this day. Cut off and for all we knew abandoned by our superiors, our only hope was Aayla Secura, our Jedi commander. Without her iron will, none of us would have come out of that mess with our sanity, or our lives. When her death came, I hope it was quick. She earned that much.

When the 501st was finally rotated out of Felucia, Aayla Secura made a point of seeing us off personally, calling us the bravest soldiers she had ever seen. It's a good thing we were wearing helmets, because none of us could bear to look her in the eye.

>I didn't even think that was possible.

Well, you DID buy BF2.

>people bought this

actually neck yourself

Your goals are lofty. I'd settle for a proper Star Wars single player game for starters. Those chuckfuckles at EA had the exclusive SW license for 4 1/2 years now and they've yet to release a proper single player SW game like we used to get. They even shut down the one developer who had a possible candidate in the works. I can't take another 5 1/2 years of that shit they've been doing until that goddamn license deal runs out. I hope whoever made that deal gets blinded by rabid woodpeckers.

Did anyone else feel like the game was SEVERELY gutted and rewritten in the last few moments?

The beginning of the game starts off pretty strong. The entire idea of Inferno Squad cleaning up Endor and beginning work on Operation: Cinder was actually really interesting and I found it to be a lot more engaging than I thought it would be. I thought Iden was an awesome character and was excited to see where her story was going.

Then, with very little set up whatsoever, Del gives up his entire perspective on life because Luke Skywalker helped him out of some space bug jizz and took the cat's collar from Men in Black out of a box then left. Iden, who has the Empire running through her blood, has NO set up whatsoever.

"Oh, we're blowing up our home planet lol"
"WHAT THE EMPIRE HAS GONE TOO FAR WAT ABOUT THE MEN. NOT JUST THE MEN BUT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN TOO"
"i dunno lel"
"we rebel now"

Then the game takes a huge nosedive into mediocrity and is all over the god damn place. Plus, they advertised the campaign as reaching from Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens; which is easy to do if you almost end the game at Jakku THEN DO A FUCKING 3 DECADE TIME SKIP TO THE LAST MISSION THAT TAKES PLACE DURING THE FORCE AWAKENS

Like, seriously. Did they hire serious talent for the first third of the game then give the rest to Mr. Burns' room full of monkeys on typewriters? Iden's story went from engaging to ludicrous in the span of seconds.

Plus some of the dialogue is laughably bad.

"I heard once that rebellions are built on HATE."

Fuck. Like, you can tell they had the right idea going into this. A story in which both sides aren't a binary good/evil and instead are a more grey middle ground. That's what I was hoping for. Instead we get that the Rebels are Space Jesus and The Empire is on par with Rocky and Bullwinkle villains.

>Protangonist who is a good guy is a PoC Female
>Her father is the bad guy. He is a white male.

Disney is so transparent.

>game has an 'are you laughing yet?' section

I'm not gonna defend the campaign but Lando being Lando was pretty good.

As far as Star Wars go I've only ever been interested in learning more about the universe, lore, and how everything fits together. That pretty much ceased to exist when Disney decided that they'd rather make their own movies than follow what many had considered canon for a long time.

Jacen Solo/Jaina Solo would have made a better Antagonist/Protagonist than Kylo Ren/Rey even if they had to cut most if not all from the books. I guess the only problem they would have run into is the reoccurring theme of, good guy turns to dark side. However the story of Jacen and Tennel Ka is way more deep than Anakin and Padme. Doing an immeasurable disservice to the franchise giving it over to Disney to direct without some ground rules has entirely ruined the series.

>buying EA's Battlefront

Here's what I thought the campaign should have been.

>Be Stormtrooper sergeant
>Deathstar II gets btfo
>Star Destroyer you are stationed on jumps away but is cut off from the rest of the fleet
>Spend several missions amassing scattered Imperial resources to strike back against the Rebs
>As more and more Moffs and Captains get brought into the fold, bickering ensues
>A disagreement ensues with two sides: Warp into the dark reaches of space and rebuild or essentially blitz the Rebels and most likely die in the attempt
>Rebels warp in with a new weapon: their version of a gravity well Star Destroyer (maybe they captured one or one defected?)
>Captain of your SD sends your unit to go disable that ship's gravity well.
>Shortly after boarding the Rebel cruiser, your Star Destroyer gets destroyed.
>Game ends when your squad sacrifices. With the well down, the rest of the Imperial fleet jumps into the far reaches of space to bide their time.

I'm not much of a writer but I"m actually pretty proud of that one. Thoughts?

>Paying a full price for a demo's worth of content at launch
>Needing to pay more or spend months to unlock stuff that should have been available from the start

I dunno if it's the millenials that are retarded or me, but back in the days you'd download the demo for free from the internet or get it for free with a games magazine. The demo would have about 2 or 3 out of all the playable characters/classes and if you liked it you would pay full price for the ability to play all the classes.

Now you pay 60 bucks for a few classes and need to either grind or pay even more to unlock them, what the actual fuck.

Can you imagine if THPS2 came out back in 2000 but you could only play as Eric Koston or Andrew Reynolds and to play as Tony Hawk or Rodney Mullen you'd have to either spend 40 hours of in-game time or fork out another 20 bucks to Activision for an access code?

I'd play it but then I'd think about Half Reach or RO so I'd call you an unoriginal hack.

I sincerely have no clue what either of those things are.

Meant Halo Reach and Rogue One but I'm retarded so take my opinion as you will.

I'll admit sacrificing oneself to destroy a super weapon and save a ship isn't the most original, but I think with everything leading up to it it might be a cool Star Wars campaign. Idk like I said I"m not a writer.

>Lando is suddenly a joking moron who doesn't know what he's doing half the time
Please tell me this isn't true. They tried turning him into the funny comic relief character that brings nothing to the table, a la Finn?

Its Disney. They see Blacks as entertainment.

Are the Campaign missions actual linear missions, or are they just edited versions of the multiplayer maps?

Tie Fighter and EaW, Oh and the Original Bf2

>a PS2 game with a basic singleplayer campaign has far better writing than a triple-A game

B-but muh strong independent female who can silence Darth Vader with a glare

If they wanted a redemption story why not use Kyle Katarn? He actually had good reasons to defect after so much dedicated service to the Empire. He finally saw the truth on how his family was killed not by rebel terrorists, but an imperial staged attack with rebel ships.

Sad but true, man.

>his level has him delivering banter with an alien squadmate throughout the entire mission
>later has to cross a lava pit by himself
>sees an AT-AT a few steps away on a production line, decides to use it as a bridge to get across
>goes to a machine
>"lets see if this works"
>you press it, AT-AT walks backwards
>"that didn't work. How about this one?"
>you press another button, it moves forward
>"ah, I don't have time for this!"
>game literally tells you to "just shoot the thing"
>you do and the AT-AT falls over and Lando can jump across it's back
>"works for me"

sorry, not canon.

EA should be sued for false advertising.

>megacorp that's only purpose is to generate profits tells him something isn't real anymore because it's their license
>he actually believes them!

iS THAT MY BOY SHARPE

The same reason that they turned the MC into a manjaw.

>he actually bought that game
kindly kys yourself

Disney was a fucking mistake. Kind of hoping Lando doesn't show up at all in TLJ. God forbid you have a somewhat morally ambiguous character he was in ESB or the ace pilot and hero of the rebellion in ROTJ.

Nope, gotta have them quips.

How is this show? Been reading Cornwell's Starbuck chronicles and like that a lot. I'm thinking of maybe reading his other stuff and maybe just watching the Sharpe series to keep the burnout to a minimum.

>Why did they play it safe?
What the fuck did you except from them? Creativity and talent?

Yeah. I think the campaign could actually have been good if the story beats were extended by like, three to five times as long.

Begin with more Inferno Squad fucking shit up. Make the sight of the Death Star getting kekked more impacting and the escape from Endor less like a fun time in the woods.

Then increasingly shady missions for Operation Cinder. I mean, that was their intention, but they only actually did two, and the characters only objected by Iden being pissed no-one would tell her what the sats were for and Del being surprised Luke saved his life. Needed more, inceasingly shady stuff to test Inferno Squad's morals.

Personally I'd end the first game with Iden and Del disobeying Admiral Dad and gtfo of that planet that was going to be blown up.

so is there a pirate copy out there yet?

I bet this creature thinks they are some sort of rebel.

Sharpe himself is based, the other chars are pretty good and is has a lot of hot chicks in it, but the actual show is very low budget. Accept that a 100-strong company is like 12 guys in the show and be aware it's like 20 years old and you'll get into it.

Episode 8 should have been a commercial failure. It was a shit film and it kicked off an entire shit series.

>starbuck chronicles
whut
anyway I reccomend Utred's series.

>Emperor had a plan to reel in Imperial worlds from defecting
>this involved incinerating said worlds with satellites

For what purpose?

underage fags need to leave

who is red guy with blue digital face

because it makes more sense than cloning himself a million times, I guess.

lurk more faggot

>"I heard once that rebellions are built on HATE."

I can only imagine the smugness on xer's face when they came up with that zinger.

>ps2 game where you play on multiplayer levels with bots featuring small cutscenes before and after hacked together at the last minute will be remembered longer than this shit

There hasn't been a good, original story for the star wars IP in years.

Having serious concerns about not only blowing up your loyal home planet, but also doing it on the orders of a dead emperor after you just got your ass handed to you is fair enough.
Literally everyone being cool with it and telling the one person saying this is a dumb idea to shut up is full fucking retard.

>>campaign starts off decent enough
Already wrong, it starts out retarded and keeps getting worse.

"What I remember about the rise of the Empire is… is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word."

We will never get a good Star Wars story again, especially not a good Empire story.

What are the chances that Iden and Del are Rey's parents? The epilogue keeps mentioning that they had a daughter together, and she'd be the right age.

sheev was never good not even in eu

He wanted to destroy the Empire. He wanted to make sure that when he died the Empire would die with him.

Literally the Emperor's ghost.

What is this shit
The clones were mindless brainwashed flesh robots

Interesting how the start of the game starts out really strong and then declines the moment the writers had Inferno Squad become defectors. One of the early missions where you fly a TIE-Fighter into the hangar of a Rebel capital ship and proceed to wreck absolute havoc had extremely good presentation. The rebels on the ship recognize you as special forces and are absolutely terrified as you cut a swathe through their ranks. It was cool and all memes aside I really like the way Iden Versio was presented in the early parts of the game.

Aaand then Inferno Squad defects from the Empire for very flimsy and rushed reasons that don't make a whole lot of sense considering they are people who have lived under Imperial rule all their lives and have likely undergone extensive indoctrination during their time at the academy and their special forces training. One thing is having doubts about the mission and airing those doubts, another thing is turncoating the moment you don't agree with your orders. If they really wanted to have Iden and Inferno Squad turn traitor, they should have made that the climax of the campaign instead of it happening 2 hours into it.

It's really not, the campaign was a fucking parody.
There's a moment in the story where Iden and Del bring down 3 Star Destroyers in one go, the dialogue was so cringe ("omg ur a genius!") that I cannot, CANNOT, believe that this was written by a professional writter

>The Empire is on par with Rocky and Bullwinkle villains.
Rocky and Bullwinkle was better written, that show has some glorious fucking puns and it makes use of it's evil villains effectively. You can't say the same for this trash.

The clones exhibit many and diverse personality traits and even have the mental capacity to experience existential crises due to the knowledge of them being clones grown in tubes. Of course they're all the same to a large extent and they are trained extensively to obey but they are most definitely not just "mindless brainwashed flesh robots"

A lot of this is explored in the Clone Wars animated series, which I believe is still in the official canon after the Disney purge.

What is it with Star Wars and daddy issues?

How did they know that order 66 would be issued before it was issued?

I always feel like it was such a dumb fucking move on George Lucas to make the republic's army be clones.

When a king is taken in chess, all the pieces that were ment to defend it failed and useless

Well the clones were briefed about it and trained to be ready for Order 66.

Just as Navy submarine crews are trained to be at all times ready for launching nukes without hesitation.

Good times of battlefront 2

>i remember how quiet it was....

Hilarious how game that old is better overall lol

>a plan to reel in Imperial worlds from defecting
I thought it was more "if I can't have it, nobody can"? It makes sense since Sith philosophy is all about individual strength, and Empire was Palpy's personal achievement. An idea that somebody could capture the leadership after his possible death, maybe even his murderer, would probably be extremely distressing to him.

Reminds me of Hitler. When he knew that Germany was going to lose the war he ordered every factory and monument to be blown up. Luckily his generals and ministers disobeyed.

>Hilarious how game that old is better overall lol
Why wouldn't an older game be able to be better than a modern one? Good game design, unlike technological advancement, is not a gradually improving constant, it is something that is either good or bad, depending on how many efford you put into it.

>two storylines
>Both start in the Prequel Triology and end in Disney Trilogy
>story 1 has you play as an elite ARC Trooper leading a smaller band of ARC troopers (for coop). As you go through missions visiting iconic worlds and battles your second in command/ clone brother begins to confide in you his growing resentment of his lot in life and the nature of your subservience to your Jedi commander, an old Jedi Master. While you maintain a good, friendly relationship with your Jedi commander you begin to find yourself torn between your duty and your heart. Order 66 commences you find that for whatever reason your programming does not kick in and you try helping your Jedi Commander escape.As you are both about to escape , you are ambushed by clones led by your number 2/brother. As you plead your case the Jedi master runs him through and tells you to help him force his way through. As you hold your dying brother and watch the Jedi cut his through you realize that all you have in your life is your clone brothers and in that moment you shoot the Jedi master in the back, betraying and killing him. You then reaffirm your loyalty not to the empire but to your clone brothers
End part 1 of Clone Saga
Story 2
>You are a newly commissioned Droid Field commander (yellow head) with a prototype relay system similar to Droid commandos which allows you to not only operate without the presence of an orbiting space station but to extend your own command field to present battle droids. As this allows you to either lead sizable formations in relative stealth as well as maintain ground even in the lose of support you find yourself and your battalion in several obscure battles, performing guierlla tactics against Clone staging bases and recapturing prieviously lost bases. As Order 66 commences and the large droid factories are shut down you are one of the few beings left with active battle droids. As a product of a ended war and no chain of command, you are a Rebel without a cause

I’m too lazy to finish typing all this shit. Basically the clone campaign would have the Main character become more villainous and ruthless as more and more of his brothers die, culminating in him being the sole survivor of his platoon with the Final Boss being the Droid MC. The droid MC would turn into a mercenary to provide funds for maintaining his army, performing missions for the Rebel Alliance as well as developing a heroic personality through them. He would later be a pivotal resistance leader/founder. After you complete the boss fight for both endings the True ending flashfowards to reveal that both MCs died in the fight showing a droid chassis overgrown with flowers and a storm trooper armor set against a rock on barren dirt . Fanfic over

Is it just me or did it seem like after Vardos the writers gave up? Or re-wrote the story? Considering the trailers that indicated an actual imperial focused game it seems jarring, also most of the cutscenes stop in favor for everyone gathering round a holo-map to explain the story.

I said I would buy the game if the main character remained a bad guy. Guess this game disappoints in all fields and I saved my money this time.

> Republic Commando 2 never

>I cannot, CANNOT, believe that this was written by a professional writter

they just hired some IGN shill as the main writer

>op post
only reddit hate on nuBF because they are the only one who have bothered playing the game.

he endlessly quotes and retweets articles that shower him and his bland poc womyn protagonist with praise

dude's a hack and doesn't even look like a dude to boot

probably swedish

I'd play it, but you know that Disney won't even take a look at it unless you add in several token black and "strong independent womyn" stock characters, as well as a few Asians and vaguely arabic people to boot. LGBTQ's wouldn't hurt your chances either btw.

Also you'll have to add in some references to immigration and Trump in there somewhere as well.

>rebels
>good side
Pick one

>Iden defects over literally the exact same plot that Cipher 9 gave not one solitary fuck about

It's retarded. Sheev only cares about himself, he wouldn't waste time and resources on a "what if if someone kills me" scenario, it's bullshit.

It's gettin Litty Up in Herrrr

>all of those "avenge your emperor" ads
>the campaign completely pulls a 180 from them

>TFW a ps2 game has better writing and conveys more emotion than a AAA title in 2017 and a Movie it's lore is based in.

Isn't getting murdered by your own apprentice part of the Sith tradition? Why destroy your own legacy in death when you know a lightsabre decapitation is apart of your religion?

So it's a shitty version of Finn's story that only starts as an experienced Imperial Death Squad so they could advertise it as edgier than they'd ever have the balls to do

Can I pirate this?

The Sith ways were only ever a means to an end for Palpatine. He only saw them as a means to acquire power. He had no love for their traditions beyond using them to control those beneath him. He's the definition of a False Prophet.

I'll say it again every time SWTOR or it's expansion's plots are mentioned: it should have been a single player RPG