Return to form or final nail in the coffin?

Return to form or final nail in the coffin?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/880446/Resident-Evil-2-Remake-NEWS-PS4-PSX-2017-Nintendo-Switch-Xbox-One
projectumbrella.net/forum/BH0BH2-Laboratories-Are-Not-Same
youtube.com/watch?v=6AI3pmwKnMw
youtube.com/watch?v=dlf4fEH2qz0&t=65
youtube.com/watch?v=8no8YlwLRKc
youtube.com/watch?v=pSsh3fHMuwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

return to the coffin

Neither. Has nothing to do with Resident Evil, way better than the shit show that was RE6. Don't really know what to expect in the future to be honest, also don't really care, they could have just as easily called it "Adventures of Bayou Billy 2" and it wouldn't matter.

They make far too many sexy girls for it to ever end user. Just started Rev 2 and Moira in raid mode is literally making me have erections

This. I don't really care about this franchise anymore. RE7 was okay but classic RE is still dead.

Then why comment?

As far as modernizing a stale franchise goes, this is one of the better ones.

Roll on Resident Evil 2 Remake

It just felt like a watered-down version of RE1 but in first person. The second half of the game was also a complete mess. Overall it was okay. I'm interested to see where they go with RE8 but I'm not exactly foaming at the mouth for the next game. If RE8 is as mediocre as RE7 I'm probably going to just give up on the franchise.

>Don't really know what to expect in the future to be honest
Soon.

*eventually

Soon.
express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/880446/Resident-Evil-2-Remake-NEWS-PS4-PSX-2017-Nintendo-Switch-Xbox-One

Much more went right than it went wrong.

When you think about current Capcom modernizing Resident Evil this could have gone so much worse.

Hope the logo design gets changed

PAL region logo was perfect

I like the one on the Japanese cover.

Neither, it's different from all previous games. but if one of those two than definitaly return to form.

nail in the coffin

Evil Within 2 is a better Resident Evil than 7.

TEW2 is shit.

Both TEW1 and RE7 are better.

t. RE4baby

It's weak.
Revelations 2 was the last good game, and before that it was 0 and Heroes Never Die.
The series may as well be dead given how piss poor everything has been as of late

Interesting lateral move at first, gets bogged down by franchise cliches halfway through.

>RE7
>better

cmon dude

Neither but a step in the right direction, RE needed to move away from TPS. Hopefully REmake2 will make the wait for a return to form easier.

4 and 7 are the only good games in the franchise.

Add REmake there and I'll let you go with only a slap on the wrist this time, stranger.

Whoever made that image has extremely horrible taste and should consider suicide

They did return partially to form. Most of the original design is there. It plays more like RE1 than the previous five games do. For those who actually like Nemesis it has that too, in a different form.

Because most of Sup Forums doesn't have a social outlet, it's just nice to imagine your opinions concerning something you're interested in heard by someone, anyone.

>4
>the path that made RE what it is today
No.

I didn't like it. It's too Penumbra/Amnesia style, which are good horror games, but didn't feel like a RE.

I loved it but there is no way they are going to do another small scale story like RE7 which is part of what made it so good. They've already got Chris mowing down molded in the DLC so probably have no idea what they got right.

>'you have horrible taste!'
>doesn't articulate why
Your words are as empty as your soul
I like Nemesis, not because Nemesis walks around and follows you, but because of the choices you make and that it was more actually open and didn't force you down linear areas.
Also, VII is close to RE1 because they played it safe and copied areas from RE1 (Mansion and Old House)and all their original areas are shit(Guest House, Lucas House, Caves, Boat)

What does it share with those games besides the perspective?

That's true, I'm just not a FPS guy. I could never get over it. I dream for the static backgrounds of 1-0

Oh I agree. The thing that bothers me most about the design of RE7 is that is has decent characters and dramatic interaction but they insist on having no 3rd person cutscenes. It would be fine if there were no cutscenes at all but they went with the shitty in-between that is 1st person cutscenes.

pls delete this ;_;

>CV and 0 are good
>4 is bad

How exactly didnt feel like a RE game? It even has tank controls, being first person didnt change that. The puzzles are there (something that has been missing in the RE formula for years) and the survival aspect is pretty good with how it makes you manage your resources. If anything, this game gives you even less ammo than RE1 and 2 did, at least on madhouse. RE7 Its a good game but gets weaker as the campaing goes on, i will give you that.

Well, I'm talking about the first hours of the game, but the fact that you are quite weak and have to run away most of the time.

They got it right with the perspective and audio/visual design and the Bakers were probably the scariest thing to come to the series in a while. My only complaint is that some of the areas felt to cramped and linear and I think they could do better from a level design perspective.

I hope they resist the temptation to go too large scale with the next game though, part of what made this one so good was the intimate creepyness and mystery of the setting

Barely anything. RE7 probably has the most in common with Outlast and Alien Isolation.

It's the best horror game since Silent Hill 2.

CV>Nemesis fight me

That adds so much to the tension though. How is that any different from Nemisis? I did wish there were more molded to kill though, I think it would have balanced things out more.

Nemesis's very existence makes 3 better then that shitshow that was CV.

Pretty good, a step in the right direction. I especially liked the sheer amount of sometimes plot-relevant content that you can miss if you don't explore like an autist. I don't think it should have been an RE game and the Umbrella stuff has been the least interesting part since game one.
It also looked like shit. Like even on a godly computer at max settings, it was just aesthetically muddy and jaggy and blurry and there seemed to be a weird .00000001 second delay between a character's body moving and their hair/eyes/clothes etc. You might not notice, but your brain does. It's a real shame.

neither, just meh

ironically, the late game turns into classic RE -
probably because the devs ran out of budget and were forced to make an actual game instead of constantly relying on QTE garbage and cinematic interruptions - but overal it's disliked the most

>CV
Had some good music, only really bad area is the base Alfred takes you to as Claire, had some good villains and bosses, the lore was perfect and Steve, despite being horrendous at the start, got enough development to make his death somewhat sad.
>0
I replayed that just a few days ago and it is not as bad as I remember. In fact, the only bad things about are limited to 3 things
>the story (and how it intersects with 1)
>the final area
>the magic elevator in the lab
And the last one you could clear up by just trusting News Bot in this Project Umbrella thread
projectumbrella.net/forum/BH0BH2-Laboratories-Are-Not-Same
>4 is bad
Changes the series to full blown action, ditches the puzzles and exploration, lets you buy health items, there are unlimited saves and checkpoints, everything that happens in the main story is completely pointless to the rest of the series (with Separate Ways being where the actual plot is at), the lore may as well not be there outside of one file, and the castle and island are shit in comparison to the village, which I actually like.
If the game was just the village, I'd like it a lot more

Either your graphics card is fucked or you played on a PSQuadruple and are lying. Game looks amazing.

RE3 was always only okay to me. I like the setting and story for CV way more. Plus the music is god tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=6AI3pmwKnMw

>qte

What? When?

Beating up retards is generally frowned upon.

Even Mia ??

>the Umbrella stuff has been the least interesting part since game one
If you only play the main series excluding CV and never read any files. Seriously, Umbrella Chronicles does some pretty weird shit with Umbrella, and Gun Survivor does weird stuff as well

No way RE7 is disliked the most. That’s definitely 6.

Neither really. It's leaning towards return to form but the second half of the game could've been better. It nailed emulating the spirit of the RE1 mansion but fell sort of flat once you left it for other parts of the game. Overall I liked it. I'd really like to see its gameplay in an urban/industrial setting with t-virus monsters.

RE7 is a better horror game at least.

I don’t get RE3’s appeal. The environments were nothing special and the crafting mechanic felt out of place. It’s still decent but I don’t understand why it’s a favorite for a lot of people.

*sigh* I really need to put this list into a pasta so I can keep repeating the same thing to everyone questioning the RE of RE7.

>Act progression from mansion to guest house to caves and lab
>Emblem doors with emblem keys
>Ink ribbons and save rooms with magical chests
>Limited inventory
>Herbs and med combination
>Slow zombie enemies, fast hunter enemies, tank ranged enemies
>Multiple bosses with several distinct stages
>Melee, pistol, shotgun, grenade launcher, flamer, magnum
>Grenade types
>Single use small keys (lockpicks) for optional bonus containers
>Simple puzzles (not much variety though)
>Someone drops a supergun so you can beat the final boss
>Ends with helicopter ride to the sunrise

Literally the only thing missing is color-coded waifu characters and Engrish dialogue. Shame about the F.E.A.R writer writing the story of F.E.A.R again too though. Complete with an old carcass projecting creepy dark haired girl hallucinations

Uh user.... I think you need to re-read that post chain.

>post 0 games will never have good music
youtube.com/watch?v=dlf4fEH2qz0&t=65

>why it’s a favorite for a lot of people.
It is? I usually see REmake, 2 or 4 as people's favorites.

>I don’t understand why it’s a favorite for a lot of people.
I'm guessing it's because of Nemesis, crafting, Jill, dodging, moving up stairs freely and the city.

Game doesn't look fucking amazing or anything but it definitely doesn't look horrible. Tune down a few of the visual effects that are bound to crop up in any modern game like vignetting and chromatic aberration. Shame you can't turn off the absolutely RETARDED blood filter over your screen that's present for the entirety of the game regardless of your fucking health.

>It nailed emulating the spirit of the RE1 mansion

dude can you stop saying that if its not true at ALL

Yeah but the city wasn’t even open. You were just running through various alleys most of the time.

Oh and I forgot the branching paths.

But it did, if a bit condensed.

Sorry, I wrote a shit sentence. I meant to say that the late game in RE7 is disliked the most overal, although it most resembles classic RE because it just allows you to play the game without all the cinematic garbage interruptions and linear level design in and around the house locations

6 is definitely the worst game in the series

Don't remind me.
youtube.com/watch?v=8no8YlwLRKc

>*sigh*
>addressing an argument nobody made

Get your head checked little homie

>nemesis better than 2, 4 bad, CV not thank you god

what the actual fuck man

but it didnt

it nailed the texas chainsaw massacre feel, if anything.

True, but some people still liked roaming around compared to the RPD. Still like 2 more though.

So is the End of Zoe/Not A Hero stuff going to give some insight into where they are going next? I haven't played any of the DLC so far

2 has the streets, sewers and UMBRELLA lab too.

>REmake HD edition
>characters look like they're walking on a painting

It's better than nothing, but still.

I mostly just meant the point and click-yness of roaming around, finding key items, and solving weird puzzles to progress. But yeah as far as atmosphere, I suppose it was more Texas chainsaw/evil dead-like.

*jpeg run through a smear filter
I think they lost the original assets

>Act progression from mansion to guest house to caves and lab
There is no real lab in VII. And only RE1 and REmake had a Mansion, Guesthouse and Caves.
>Emblem doors with emblem keys
When they were in the classic games, you could grab majority of them in any order. In VII, the order you grab them is scripted.
>Ink ribbons and save rooms with magical chests
Cassette tapes are only available on madhouse
>Limited inventory
Even RE6 had that. That doesn't make it RE. In fact, I think a lot of games where the focus is crafting have a limited inventory as well.
>Herbs and med combination
Again, 6 had that as do most games about survival and crafting. Only connection is herbs and that's probably something Capcom forces every game with the name 'Resident Evil' to include.
>Slow zombie enemies, fast hunter enemies, tank ranged enemies
Except the enemies in classic games looked different. And when in RE1 and 2 were there 'tank ranged enemies'. The closest thing to that is the plant things in RE2, but they aren't tanks.
>Multiple bosses with several distinct stages
The bosses don't have stages. Jack has two stages, but the second comes out of nowhere with no build up.
>Melee, pistol, shotgun, grenade launcher, flamer, magnum
Do you know how many games have those weapons? Call of Duty has those weapons.
>Grenade types
CoD has that as well.
>Single use small keys (lockpicks) for optional bonus containers
Wow, an actual point. But, a lot of games have those nowadays.
>Simple puzzles (not much variety though)
Classic RE had fun to do simple puzzles.
>Someone drops a supergun so you can beat the final boss
The formula was supergun that causes explosions. Only 0 broke that rule. REVII has a Samurai Edge that feels like it does nothing.
>Ends with helicopter ride to the sunrise
It's executed poorly though, with Ethan talking about shit nobody cares about. Rewatch the endings of classic RE games, all of them have characters talking about what's next, not doors.

True again. Although you only hung out on the streets for a brief moment. I hope REmake 2 changes that, so we can see more of the streets.

I'll take it over 5 and 6

Madhouse diffuculty is fucked. How the hell am I supposed to beat chainsaw mia?

>nemesis better than 2
2 is the game you remember as being great. 3 is the game you replay and realize how great it was.
>4 bad
See>CV not thank you god
Go play it again. The second area as Claire kills the game for me, and the fucking poison moths are so fucking bad.
Also, game looks like ass. It's so bad that it gets to me, and I don't even care about graphics that much

Haha no, 3 is fine but i have much more fun with 2. I still play 2 regularly

Are you playing on PC by chance? Close to your monitor?

Agreed. Nothing wrong with 3, but 2 has way more replayability imo.

Not that user but i play it on ps4 on a tv. The backgrounds look like ass period

RE7 made me love RE again and it has some of the best villains in the series and a sick atmosphere.
I honestly hope the next RE builds of what 7 did.

Note to self: Don't go on Sup Forums on fridays and be drunk somewhere other than home. fuck

I love RE5. Probably my all time favorite co-op experience and it was fun to finally see Wesker meet his demise.
youtube.com/watch?v=pSsh3fHMuwU

You’re good bro. Nothing better than a comfy Friday RE thread.

The game was great, but the boat and salt mine had 0 reason to exist.

i play cv regularly

>it has some of the best villains in the series
An alright joke character
A dull generic southern mother
A dull generic crazy person
A dull generic loli girl
Compare those 3 to
>Brian Irons
>Nicholai
>Sergei
>Alfred and Alexia
>any version of Wesker