Pillars of Eternity thread

So I decided to start over and play as a Bleak Walker paladin, how should I build him to get as many dialogue checks as possible?

High resolve, might and perception.

What he said. If you go full tank you can ditch perception for int. Remember to use foods, equipment and resting bonuses to increase your stats for talking.

What about intellect, isn’t that important too?

>tfw restarted 20 times trying to decide on a class and character
>totally burned myself out
I know it's a wee bit silly since you control a party of various classes, but it still stumps me

Go with the "boring" choice of greatsword fighter and become pleasantly surprised.

Yes, Int Per and Res are the main talking stats, but paladins really need that might. Go for int if you are tank/support, Per for dps.
Don't be a Pallegina the 12 might paladin.

How does a 15-8-8-15-16-16 sound?
Yeah I was 20 hours in playing as a druid with flashy spells, but decided I would rather play as the tanky character in the front

Looks doable. That 8 con might hurt a bit if you play Path of the Damned in early game.

That’s fine then because I will probably play on normal or hard so I don’t have to min max too much

>Playing on POTD
Meme difficulty designed for the most masochistic

Then it's good, have fun playing.

I want to be a spear wielding paladin in this game, how good are spears?

Decent, there's not many unique spears, but pikes have one of the best weapons in the game, Tall Grass.

The new DLC items are straight up broken, especially for how early in the game they're found. Surprised Sawyer didn't have an option that said "Add overpowered items?" for the sake of balance.

POTD is pretty easy though.
Yep, plenty of spears for tanking and damage. Also there is do it yourself-spear where you can add 2 unique enchantments(from two different 4 enchantment list).
Also there are pikes if you want 2h action.

Here we fucking go.
The cruel and aggressive dialogue options seemed like too much fun and my faggot druid couldn’t handle that
Thanks mate

Can we talk about the second game here? I'm pissed that Priests and Druids no longer get all the cool spells with each level up and are forced to choose like the plebians. God damn it, balance man.

Just make a Wizard if you want cool spells :^)

Who's the best party member and why is it Durance?

Holy fuckinh compressed images, better change it to PNG instead. Too bad my PC fried so I’ll have to play it on PS4 which controls much better than I expected

>console

what are you doing

Holy shit this, I made one for the laughs and ended loving it.
Even more fun with the new DLC items, hat looks good and has nice stats and the belt gives me firebrand and good stats.

>ocean folk
nigger

Actually, Wizards lose out too. They can only pick one new spell per level up and they can't learn spells by buying them off Grimoires anymore. Seems like casters are basically just like the other classes now.

Took the lightest skin available tho

>tfw Kind Wayfarers makes the most sense for my characters background/history but I want to do resolve speech checks

Is it within the character of a Kind Wayfarer to be stern like that?

You're right, It's Durance, but Zahua comes close.

Yeah, they lose out compared to PoE 1, but at least they didn't get dicked as hard as the other casters. No cipher spells under 3 secs, and priest buffs are garbage because of the new keywords. Druids are a meme.

Can druids not cast huge thunderstorms anymore?

What really? I here I was thinking about porting my wizard to Deadfire.
Time for a new build.

Yeah, they can. They just take longer to cast now.

Makes more sense than being an old grandpa who has to take a nap everytime he casted a couple of spells

Of course. Kind Wayfarers ain't bitches. Hell, their special talent is to heal allies when they kill someone.

Hold on a second. It's true that they start only gaining one spell on the first level, but that goes progressively up. At level 8, you're getting 8 spells for leveling up. They start off weak but will have an insane repertoire by late game.

looks like a depressed + scarred Patrick Stewart

And there's still Grimoires to an extent. You can't copy spells out of them for money, but if you have the Grimoire equipped, you can cast any spell on it without having it learned yourself.

Not if it's from a school your subclass can't cast :^)

Durance and Eder combined.

>Subclassing
Fuck that

Transmutation is ok for a singleclassed wizard, but the other schools are fucking garbage, I'll agree on that.

They need to add slow mode to PoE 2. I need that crutch.

How's the beta in the second pillars? It looks the same as the first pillars but does it play differently? I know all about the 'don't fix what isn't broken' so I won't be upset if the game is vastly similar to the first.

It should be fucking turn-based to begin with.

They changed way too much, if you ask me. I miss the health/endurance system, I miss the vancian casting, I miss general talents, I miss slow mode, I miss six party members instead of five, I miss priests and druids having a billion spells from the beginning.
It's still pretty fun, though, and the encounter design is much better

Whats even the point of favored and disfavored dispositions? I mean you cant really interact with this much..
Its just there...Useless information, you will realize what sort the characters are anyway..

As a Priest or a Paladin, the more you act like a favored disposition, the stronger the buffs you get to your abilities. It's neat.

Am I the only one who got some reddit fedora tier pseudo intellectual vibes from this game?

You can just go with vanilla class, can you not?

Why cant we have a crpg where the situation and conditions dictate the right answer instead of retarded stat dependent system?
so you come to an npc and based on what he says you try to guess his character(or maybe you know it from previous gameplay) and the based on the rest of your party and the conditions (game state how much quests you finished what sort of party members you ave and how they interject in the conversation) and common sense psychology you choose a specific answer or question based on what you want form the character.

Of course you did, the writers are literally that with a few exceptions.

the thing with PoE games is enjoying the bits of gold amidst all of that, user

Damn it I also want to start over instead of being a kind wizard especially when I can be an edgy pirate in Deadfire

First changes coming

>Victarion

good taste mein freund

If they have a suggestions box, then write down your woes about the game in it. Divine 2 was a much different game in its beta stages, they listened to the feedback and changed some things accordingly. The same could happen to Pillars so please be vocal about the things they need to change.

Why are they so adverse to just adding a slow mode to the game like in the first one? I don't want the combat speed to be slower in general, it's fine as the normal speed. I just want the option to make it slow if I want.

>still no Necromancer class
Fucking hacks

When's he going to stop balancing?

I wish I could play the PC version with a controller.

never

No, trust me, these are all good changes. The balance man is working right for once.

The day he dies

>Pick Rogue
>Can't even pickpocket

Should I reroll now?

>Godlike voice acting
>Great lines
>Sweet interaction with your companions
>Fun battle
>Did nothing wrong
Admit it, he was the best villain

Yes. Anyone can sneak around if they want to

did they actually include that now as a portrait?

when PoE2 releases
he's done after this game

Dumped eighty hours into this with a passionate and funny Orlan Chanter.

Thinking about replaying before PoE2 comes out as a Priestess of Berath. Cutting off head with ma greatsword while being all stoic and rational about it.

Is that a good idea for some actualy roleplaying

The whole world needs balancing. Le balance man will never stop

he barely interacted with the party the whole game

he's a weak antagonist

He was barely in the game. Really shitty villain with dumb reasons for doing shit. Worse, your character has no reason to interact with him for 90% of the game aside from some vague idea that he might explain shit to you.

my second character.

>Trying to create a character I will be okay with for two whole games

This shit is impossible.

>It's in beta
>Beta isn't leaked
What the fuck

>genocide
>did nothing wrong
Go back to lick that whore ass goddess user.

You can always play as a good character who goes bad efter his keep gets destroyed in the sequel or whatever

Saw an idea in another thread that made we want to start a new character.
Basically a ranger who’s pet dies in the intro of Deadfire, chooses the Ghost Heart subclass, and turns into a gunslinging pirate with a ghost pet instead of a faggot ranger with a bow.

You can even dual class with a cipher and say that your Watcher powers grew

Are modern rpg writers unable to write a contemporary villain?

this is what I'm doing with my Bleak Walker

It always confused me how tanks in this game, at least the paladin tanks I played, don't really use the actual tank stat

Me too, friend.

There is just too much choice for me to handle.

How do you build this guy?

High might, dex and per, leave everything else at base. Something like 18 might / 15 dex / 14 per

Does Fighter have talents that support this dmg build? I always figured they were more or less supposed to be tanks.

absolutely, they perform better as tanky damage dealers in my opinion, pure tanks are shitty after 3.0. go for talents like critical defense, armored grace, weapon mastery etc

I hear you, but unless you're playing at the highest difficulty and really need to worry about min maxing, then you can really just pick whatever sounds interesting to you. I know this can be hard for some people, because you can't stop worrying about efficiency and what you (unknowningly) give up when you decide to a certain way.

How is Josh's favorite character pallegina? I always found her boring.

This.
Just turn the difficulty to normal and play whatever you like and have fun

With The White March, there are companions of every class in the game right? When I played at the release, I opted for one of the classes that wasn't covered by one of the companions.

So what custom portraits did you guys use? I found this one that was pretty neat, but even then it's hard to find pictures that won't completely stand out from the artstyle and look out of place

Her design is sweet though.

I always use helmets that cover everything

Nice design, she's so dull though. I hope they improved her in the sequel at least.

Looking to do a Pale Elf Rogue build. Any pointers on how to build? Or should I look into a different race for a rogue

PoE 1?

Having a lot more fun playing a dual wielding paladin than a druid, glad I started over tbqh

Yes sorry forgot to mention that, also thinking about using stillettos and daggers instead if sabres or whatever for immersion

Death Godlike is good...

but then the missing headslot does hurt a bit...

Pale Elf would be fine melee, since they're survivable