Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 are good games

Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 are good games.

Other urls found in this thread:

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Allyson
mu6.me/139882
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

6 has the best Mercenaries

5 is okay but 6 is mediocre

5 was pretty much a co-op mod for RE4, the only giant difference was the inventory system, which was much more restrictive and live on 5 so it made the game that much more hectic. I seriously do not get people who would appreciate 4 but not like 5, it's like do they have friends at all? 5 was a fucking blast as couch co-op. It wasn't as good as 4 but almost there.

6 was fucking trash.

5 was really good with a friend
6 was fun, but it would've been better without all the fucking set pieces. The best parts were in Ada's campaign when it just put you in an area with a ton of zombies and no stupid gimmicks

This. Running through ooga booga villages with a friend to grind for golden eggs ( and later figured out how to duplicate them ) was a lot of fun.

I had good fun playing 5 with a friend. It's one of the last games I can think of with couch co-op that we finished. Seems like local multiplayer is mostly dead.

Also, without a friend 5 is horseshit. Fucking AI using a whole heal spray on you when a zombie scratched you with a fingernail.

Man, can you remember all that controversy over RE5? It seems like a distant memory having people freak out about Chris shooting Africans in Africa. Imagine if they'd made it today, Christ.

Counterpoint: No they're not.

RE5-6
Gameplay: Mediocre to Good

Story: Japanized garbage wesker can dodge bullets etc etc. Nothing compared to the previous stories which, while being imperfect, at least attempted some level of believably (even though people criticized the earlier RE games at the time for being unrealistic).

But it was fun

I just treat it like a parody and it becomes good.

>Chris punching a fucking boulder
>die laughing

Agreed. Watching people hate on them showed just how whiny 'gamers' are.

RE5
>Waaaaah why can't you move while shoot I want this to be like my Call of Duties!
RE6
>This game is too casual they need to go back to their roots! I miss tank controls!

6 ruined everything that was good about 5's co-op. RE5's one feather in its cap is that it has some of the most fun co-op ever, because you actually need to engage and work with your partner to survive.

RE6 ruined everything by making resources exclusive to each player.

I kind of liked them but co-op makes them have absolutely no replay value for me. Do people actually have friends who replay these games? I sure as fuck don't.

After all, not really cause Sheva's there anyway

They're decent action games. What they aren't is good RE games.
RE6 did a better job at actually implementing the co-op, as in 6, your partner can't die if it's an AI.
>he doesn't replay re games
All the games are replayabe

Factually? No
Opinionally? Fuck off

Most of them are definitely replayable but not when I have to babysit bad AI. Hence my disdain for co-op.

But you don't have to do that in 6. The co-op AI may as well not be there as it has infinite ammo and can't get hurt
>watched a bunch of your coworkers die in a mansion
>watch your city get blown up
>watch your sister get kidnapped multiple times and almost killed by a superpowered guy
>said superpowered guy kicked your ass twice, kidnapped your most trusted comrade and is trying to kill your new comrade and destroy the world, with the only thing in your way being a boulder
I understand where Chris is coming from

Yes, they are.

They are objectively bad. Particularly 5.

/thread

The Ai was awesome in zero
You could also control both characters with the same controller

Unfortunately the typical neo gaymurr cant read simple instructions

>and Resident Evil 6
You lost me. RE6 is the only RE game I've played that I actively hate.

5 is infinitely better than 6

How was the AI awesome? All it did was stand behind you and get grabbed by shit. Like guiding an autistic child with a leash through a horde of zombies.

it stood out of way, always rescued you and only used the items you told it to

this is better than 99% of the co op ai today

I recently got RE 1, 2, and 3, all vanilla PS1 versions.
I'm really starting to get sick of how in RE1 it takes 5-8 pistol shots to kill a zombie and a shotgun takes on average 2. Does it get any better with 2?

It's called survival horror for a reason numbnuts. Play on Beginner if you can't handle it

It's called game balance, you'll notice that shotgun ammo is much more scarce. You should rarely be shooting zombies anyways.

>Resident Evil 5
Loved killing waves of nigers

>shooting zombies
>not knifing them
become more proficient at video games, fucking scrub

I'll never understand the hate 6 gets. It's an excellent game.

>try to knife them
>they just walk through and make me have to use a green herb
You mean Jill? I'm playing on the original PS1 version, and even with Jill I get stuck a lot with little ammo.
I know that the most efficient way of doing things is running past most of the zombies, but I have never played a classic-style Resident Evil before, so that's pretty tough.
The controls aren't too bad honestly, but the lack of an auto-aim in the original version is driving me crazy.

It's arguably the worst AAA game ever made.

>You mean Jill? I'm playing on the original PS1 version
Original original or Director's Cut? Because Director's Cut has a Beginner Mode where zombies die in 3 shots

Does anyone want to coop through five? Got it on steam but no one to play with

>RE6
>worst AAA game ever made
Literally impossible with publishers like Ubisoft, EA, Activision,etc. failing to produce one good game in their lifetime

the OG with actual music.

For its alleged arguability, no argument for that claim is ever made.

Which one? Only Director's Cut Dualshock had altered music, the original Director's Cut retains the music.
Also, if you're playing the actual original and you're North American, there's no auto aim in addition to lacking the extra modes of Director's Cut

oh, I didn't know that.Sorry for not being clearer.
The original original, complete with the rectangle box.

If you want enemies to go down easier in RE1, pick up the Director's Cut. DC Dualshock is the only version on PSN, but it comes with Beginner Mode and Arranged Mode for $10

6 is good in spots but ultimately poorly conceived. 5 is that weird kind of middling where nothing is explicitly wrong yet absolutely zero fun is being had, it's like the worst kind of mediocre a game can be.

5 yeah,but 6 was a HOT doo-doo sandwich

RE5 is best on the PS3 with the Move.

I would but I have no money to spend on buying the Steam version atm. I have to settle with digging through my piles of old disks and finding the pirated copy I had years ago.

Thats okay, its surprising that they havent dropped the price significantly yet. At least in NZ its still like $30

I simply can't enjoy both games, I had more fun doing knife only runs in RE2 than trying to finish RE6.

I guess I'll go pick that up later, maybe the original Director's Cut on PS1 then.
Are 2 and 3 a little more lenient on the number of shots it takes to kill an enemy?

>I had more fun doing knife only runs in RE2
You say that like knife only runs aren't fun.

>Are 2 and 3 a little more lenient on the number of shots it takes to kill an enemy?
Both are very lenient and you'll often have more shots than you need unless you fuck it up your aim regularly, play Claire A then Leon B on 2 as it is the continuity canon (there's a reference in RE4 to a scene that only happens in Leon B). RE3 is super easy due dodge mechanics, which makes doing pistol or knife only runs a joke, still a fun game, best mercenaries mode in the series in my opinion.

Who was the random blonde girl near the start of 5? Did she ever get explained, just seemed strangely out of place.

Yes to the first, no to the second. Mercenaries is good in both.

This. I bought a cheap used move set just for RE5 Gold.

Man that scene had me on the floor. Fucking japs lmao

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Allyson

Is this picture b8?

Holy shit, I don't remember any of this being mentioned in the game.

It wasn’t. No clue where that backstory comes from. Probably just made up by whoever edited the wiki.

No

It's in a file and in a viral blog Capcom made pre-release to promote the game.

I just don't understand the reactions here. I would argue RE 3 is inferior to 2 and Veronica is underrated. RE 4 and 5 are very much enjoyable titles, but i'll admit much of the genre defining characteristics weren't in either.

Classic fag here. This came i the mail today, i plan on buying every physical RE PS4 game. I have... “memories” of RE5. I can’t say much more about it tham that. I was only 17 in 2008.

>normal mode has the eternal mercenaries problem of npcs not spawning and killing your combo
>no mercy there are so many explosive enemies killing each other that you can get a massive combo with no effort

>RE 3 is inferior to 2
RE3 has more variety and Mercs in RE3 is my favourite minigame in the series. Also, Nemesis is the best monster, 3 has better areas in general (Raccoon City streets, clocktower, hospital, etc.), a better final boss and a better ending (so long as you let Nicholai take the helicopter)
>Veronica is underrated
Looked like ass, the Antarctic base as Claire kills the game and those shitty fucking moths in that section stop me from replaying.
Everything else is ok to amazing though, and the music is the best in the series.
>RE 4 and 5 are very much enjoyable titles
They're not the kind of games I'd play RE for. I play RE for puzzles, exploration and story/lore/characters. Not action
You importing Biohazard Umbrella Corps? No physical copies outside of Japan and I believe the Japanese version comes with the soundtrack

That image is more purposely contrarian than bait. Kind of one and the same.

Fuck. Shit!

Oh well... only PAL PS4 physical games.

I'd suggest importing it off of PlayAsia. Pretty sure it's only $30 plus shipping and taxes
I'm getting the Revelations Collection for the Switch and I don't even own a Switch. And Umbrella Corps' story matters so little you can just use the wiki page as it's all text before the start of a mission

Id rather pretend it didn’t exist. Capcom wouldn’t put the Resident Evil name on it.

You can't pretend it didn't exist thanks to this audio clip
mu6.me/139882

I ain’t clickin that shit nigga

It's a site for audio file sharing.

>playing anything not made by Shinji Mikami
fuck off

So. I don’t want to leave my exho chamber. Umbrella forces or whatever can eat someone elses dick, as long as it don’t touch me.

>what is RE2

Then I will tell you what it says.
The game takes place in 2012 and 2013. The voice clip is of Wesker saying
>Rumors of my demise have been... greatly exaggerated
That clip is 100% canonical

no Mikami? no buy. I don't know what RE2 is and I don't want to

i agree, one thing i disliked about 5 tho was i beat it in a day, but i played the shit out of mercs and have no issues playing it again for like knife runs and shit, i will agree that its much funner with a friend... 6 was great with mercs and i liked the multiple story modes, was easier to play it by myself but again it was funner with friends, it had some annoying qtes tho and i didnt like the snowmobile part but some of the enemies were really dope and the few scares it got out of me made up for the bad parts of the game

Resident Evil 5 was probably one of my favorite Coop experiences but 6 wasn't really something i enjoyed.

>RE0 didn't have online co-op when Outbreak did a year before
>CAPCOM didn't even bother trying to implement a co-op mode for the 2017 HD version

Co-op would require the entire game to be reworked around it. It'd either need something like RE5 where the partner has to wait at the door (which will interfere with normal gameplay), or it'll be like Outbreak where people can leave the room whenever they want and that increases load times.
Also, sections of the game are played without the partner, like the first 10 minutes, a few bosses and an entire section (the lab)