Rampage

Are we finally gonna get a good, fun video game movie adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Just another Hollywood Summer blockbuster film.

I don't think there's much to care about. It's going to be a fun kaiju that we will all forget about in the future.

Well yes, but isn't that exactly what the game is?

Yes, yes it is. As long as they don't go overboard with making it "deep" it looks like a decent way to kill an afternoon.

Like the game.

>Hollywood whitewashing George
Why are they doing this?

We got that 22 years ago.

>they got rid of the human mutant backstory

No.

really liked the n64 version, the ps2 version some years later wasn't that great.

Downplay the King Kong similarity because some stupid exec thought people will see a brown one as a ripoff?

eh, Rampage isn't that great, a bit mindless. Learning about the ad campaign of the arcade game from Midway classics was probably the best memory i have of this game, the devs really liked their shitty dull game, and i respect that.

What the fuck is the "story" then?

>good
>fun
>video game adaptation

Normal animals mutated by some asshole exec's experiments.

hollywood celebs fight george, liz and ralph.

it was aliums or some shit too

And in the end it'll show that humans are the real monsters/animals

the Asshole Exec bringing toxic mutants into the angle isn't new for Rampage, they got that bit right.

They will inject the monsters DNA and stuff into the main cast and they will become the monsters

Super Mario Bros was the best video game movie, I truly don't understand why people hated it.

>Flamethrowers
>Hookers
>Best actors
>Awesome action scenes
>Kickass music

If you mean "the experiment flies through the air", then that's weird, yeah. But they already confirmed the villain is an evil blonde girl who made the mutagen.

>a good, fun video game movie adaptation?
Street Fighter already did it!

>it's not in line with Mario Cannon
>it has changed hand from director to director until finally they settle on one
>Bob Hoskins said he hated the film

it's good because it's bad.

It had almost nothing to do with the Mario series at all beyond names and very vague similarities.

I liked the Silent Hill movie, it was pretty decent considering.

Claire Wyden, played by Malin Akerman. Maybe she’ll mutate into the final boss or something.

I'M GOING TO KICK BISON'S ASS
SO HARD

youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI
Are they seriously taking this in a somewhat serious direction instead of playing up the camp?

Well The Rock's in it, so that's a plus.

It looks camp as fuck, what are you on?

It looks like every other summer disaster movie.

Lizzie from Rampage is actually a scientist mutated into a giant lizard.

The Rock + the Ape are definitely going against her at the end.

It's the rock trying to stop a gorilla and a wolf and a crocodile from tearing down a city.

Yeah but they're ALL mutated scientists in the games.

Better have thicc chicks getting naked desu

You can't top Mortal Kombat as far as vidya movies go

>White Giant Gorilla
>They aren't humans transformed into monsters
>Not busty scientists but a negro instead
>All white people are bad
>The Rock

Is gonna be another huge piece of shit

To be honest I prefer turtles mutating into human teenager ninjas than teenager ninjas mutating into turtles and a rat.

Prince of Persia was pretty enjoyable

One is fantastical and makes it easy to suspend your disbelief.

The other is kind of gross and creepy.

Has the rock ever been in a good movie?

>All white people are bad
Stop grasping at straws, you paranoid faggot. It's dumb monster schlock.

And? If the game used mutated animals, what would have changed? Rampage is giant monsters smashing buildings. The "how" and "why" should be afterthoughts.

Both are fantastical.

WHO in the world unironically liked that game?

race to witch mountain

We already did.
It's called Street Fighter.

I liked the one where he chased one of the guys from american pie through a jungle. It had Christopher Walken.

Scorpion King, and any of the Fast and Furious movies he's been in.

>remake

>People upset that this isn't humans mutating into monsters
When the most popular example of this shit (the Hulk) can't even get fucking movies made, what makes you think a studio would do so for a throwaway videogame movie?

For every one of you that want to see a woman mutate into a giant godzilla ripoff, there's 20 that think that's stupid as fuck. Also, that actress would have very little recognizable screentime.

But will VERN be in it?

a lot of people. What?

>scorpion king
He wasn’t in that though. Just a cgi representation of him
>f&f
Ehh ok

As much as I love the Mario movie, I wish I lived in the reality where they went ahead with the original concept while Morton and Jenkel made a Dinohattan movie separately.

You do realize that if they were mutated scientists, they'd be A-list actors, right? You really wanna see some guy from Game of Thrones turn into Ralph? Or Ashley Greene as Lizzy? And heaven help them if George was, like, Kevin Hart or something.

Millions of people.

cute

How did they get away with it?

World Tour was based.

>He wasn’t in that though. Just a cgi representation of him
The Scorpion King is not The Mummy 2 you mong.

What game is this?

You know they can just tease human growth/transformation at the end of the movie right? That's the next logical step beyond animal experimentation. That way they don't have to commit to it but serves as a nod to the original games.

I thought my brother was joking at first, but it turns out it's really based on this game. Odd how I can't remember it, since I wasn't too young and constantly near my brothers whenever they played SMS, Mega Drive, Playstation, Sega Saturn games, what not. Although it was quite rare for me to glimpse upon their PC games, which he did say he played in (or maybe he doesn't remember how he played it and just thought he did on PC).

I'm still pretty dumbfounded by the whole white gorilla thing though, but he seems excited for the movie, at least. Such a odd pick to base a movie on, but eh, it's what they're tackling on as of recently.

Another game to scratch off from my "games that were somehow a part of our childhood" list. I'm still recovering from my first ever played video game being a Sega Saturn Hulk game, which I'd constantly pester to play and somehow, could barely remember.

>Rock: The only way to save them is to become them
And then he drinks an entire barrel of toxic waste.

That's okay, the Saturn Hulk game was shit.

>WISE FWUM YOR GWAVE