ITT: Series' that died with honour

Appropriate in the wake of the new Star Wars stuff.

Burnout is an obvious one.

HEY HEY YOU YOU

Darkstalkers

Oh, Virtua Fighter and Left 4 Dead

Played the shit out of Burnout and Burnout 2

Those were the fucking days

Damn, why don't they make a new Burnout in the same model of Takedown? You can even shoehorn some of today must-haves:
>multiplayer levels, where you must coordinate with 2 or 3 other players starting points and how to cause destruction
>lootboxes with decals and customization options for your car
>DLC with new cars/maps
It was so fucking fun

burnout was always shit

>implying anything past revenge is good
swore off EA games after playing Revenge

what the fuck did you just say about my gamefu

You are shit

Imagine what they could do with the visuals. 3 looked life like as a kid.

What would the OST be?

this
Takedown was easily the best in the series.

Well it died with honour unlike the PC equivalent

Genuinely the worst game I have ever played

Don't remember a lot about Paradise outside of the open world, soundtrack and maximum grafix. What was wrong with it?

EA's totally going to do this in a few years and simply call it "BURNOUT." It won't meet their expectations, they'll force the studio that made it to make an expensive Star Wars game, and then they'll kill the studio.

Half Life
;_;

I enjoyed Paradise immensely despite the lack of real, exciting and varied tracks.

NFS: MW 2012 was a stellar spiritual sequel but I'm happy Burnout died with honour

>Burnout Crash

Wait no nevermind, thread cancelled.

Paradise was fun, but the open world nature of the races meant that there weren't any true race tracks. It required knowing the best route for getting to the finish, and it was too easy to miss a turn or go off of the best route.

>Paradise is almost a decade old

Mega Man Battle Network went out on a really high note with 6 after 4 and 5 weren't as good as 2 and 3.

Just remember that its never too late for some hacks to destroy your favorite series.

Megaman is general had an OK end.

I DONT LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

NO WAY NO WAY

Is this how you guys envisioned vidya as kids?

>"It's the fans' fault MML3 was canceled" -capcom

I remember feeling like a game being canceled or just not making another sequel was some great betrayal, now I think of it more as a mercy.

Source? Is that Jill?

hot hairy chest

There are days when I want him back but immediately remember what's happening and I'm glad he isn't here

I'm talking just about exe of curse

I think wo

Guess it really is better to Burnout than to fade away.

F-Zero maybe. Was Climax good?

Dominator was way better than it had any right to be. It was just some stopgap game to get us to Paradise.

It's like the ultimate culmination of Burnout gameplay up to that point.

No Crash Mode but people whinging over that are losers.

Resident Evil Apocalypse

STALKER series

AND WHEN YOU DROWN
YOU WON'T EEEEVENNN MAAAAKE A SOOOOUND

Yeah, some say it was the best 2D game in the series but I personally liked GP Legend's track layouts and music more.

Fuck man, you had to remind me that we don't have Burnout anymore.

I remember wasting entire days of my life playing Virtua Fighter 4. getting silly fucking shit to dress up your characters, training a shitty AI to fight like you, etc.

Same. I'd rather they never make another Star Wars game again than have them milk it until it's so bad it just dies because people finally get sick of it.

But of course Disney will wring every last drop from the corpse of Star Wars. It won't die peacefully. As far as I'm concerned it did with Lucasarts, but still. The Star Wars name will continue to fall. I can't wait until it dies.

Virtua Fighter is too pure for this cruel world

Most people would say 3 was where it hit its stride.

only revenge was shit, being able to hit traffic removed all the challenge

but paradise was shit

Nah

Bump

>tfw in first place but still lose to the time limit