Is it just me or is there something off about Bloodborne? Like I don't know, compared to DeS...

Is it just me or is there something off about Bloodborne? Like I don't know, compared to DeS, DaS and DaS2 it just doesn't feel right you know? Like something is missing, it feels like it doesn't have a heart like previous games and that Miyazaki was just doing it for a paycheck.
Don't get me wrong, I still think the game is fine and all but it just feels kinda bland compared to previous games. Thoughts?

I think it had more heart than DS2 and DS3

From what everyone says, its easier than dark souls, which is fine by me

The fact that the online community died out so quickly should tell you enough. Great game but people clearly didn't want to continue playing it.

yeah its called FRAMERATE

Because PSN is shit and the summoning system in BB is worse than the Souls games.

>BB has less heart than Cash grabs like DaS1 and 2

It's so obvious to see you're a jealous PC Turd

BB = DeS > DaS1 > DaS3 >DaS2 > NiOh > Witcher 3 > Lords of Fallen

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the game requires a ps+ subscription for online, so that would be a huge factor. Also imo for some reason the game isn't that interesting to replay as compared to souls games.

I always felt something similar and made me realize what it is. Bloodborne feels incredibly lonely. In DS you had phantoms running around everywhere and invaders coming at you in waves. In DkS the same thing but with the convent features making it so you can get fucked over by others.

I think you are dead wrong. The art style, the music, the atmosphere, the boss designs, the story. In all these, Bloodborne is way better than any of the other souls games.
As for difficulty, some find it harder, some find it easier. It's depends on what your playstyle is.
For me, Orphan and Ludwig is far far harder than any of the bosses in te series.

I still like DaS 1 better though. But that might just be because that was my first souls game.

I tried playing souls a couple of days ago and the combat felt incredibly flat and shallow.
Many people stopped playing precisely because shitters could not handle FRC roots being bullshit hard and people with top korean gems were magnitudes stronger than the story gem shitters.

This actually a pretty good observation.

I couldn't really get into it. I think it was the setting and lack of atmosphere.

>lack of atmosphere

kys

>Lack of atmosphere

If you don't like the setting thats totally fine, it does get a bit repetitive. but this game is drenched with atmosphere in a way few games have come close to touching. The fact that the game's story, tone and aesthetic are tied to a gameplay element is a one of the biggest reasons I adore Bloodborne so much. But thats just my opinion, I understand why some people dont like the game

Eh, I bought into the hype and it just wasn't for me.

Fair enough, did you like the souls games?

I never played any of the newer Souls games but I did like to mess around on Demon Souls at my buddies house years ago. I just wanted an action game at the time for my PS4 and it was getting a lot of hype. Shame because all of the Dark Souls games are on sale right now for a good price, but I know I would lose interest in them fairly quickly.

Main game made the horrible mistake of locking most gear behind bosses.
In the souls games every enemy you fight, every item you pick up could reward you with fashion, combat changes, lore etc.
BB doesn't have this for the most part, making exploring very boring once you pick up on it.

>Bloodborne feels incredibly lonely

I fucking love it. Not hearing anything but the music and the disturbing noises while walking through the streets of Yharnam or the Forbidden Woods. All the while looking like Jack the Ripper or some other lovecraftian based badass. This game satisfies me in so many ways. Damn good.

Bloodborne is what really got me into the the Souls-like games, I played DeS and DaS before hand but they were always missing something for me, Bloodborne just nailed it with it’s gorgeous horror aesthetics and chilling soundtrack. The gameplay feels more like a character action game ala DMC too so that is a positive in my book.

If it were on PC I reckon it would be regarded as the best Souls game by Sup Forums

>Thoughts?
I disagree. If we're talking about atmosphere and love for detail, BB is on the same level as DeS and DaS, which makes sense because Miyazaki wasn't much involved in DaS2 and he also hates working on sequels, which is why DaS3 wasn't anything special