There are no bad Kirby games

There are no bad Kirby games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xC-QxYMdsOg?t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=5T9NralDMew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pissed kirby's breath smells like your souls

Which of these two games would you rather play, Sup Forums?

>Kirby's RPG
An RPG featuring Kirby! In it, Kirby must collect the various MacGuffin stones to stop the ancient evil from awakening.
Kirby's Copy Ability takes the form of various "classes" he can switch to each with their own attacks and abilities. Some Copy Abilities can even be used in the overworld to solve puzzles and unlock new areas/paths.
Kirby doesn't fight alone as he assembles a party of allies to join him in his quest. These allies all have their own abilities, attacks and role in the story. Some may be familiar faces, some brand new ones.
Combat features turn-based combat but moves are executed with a series of timed button combos deepened further by some character customization.

>Kirby's 3D Adventure
A sprawling 3D action game featuring Kirby!
Suck your way through large 3D environments using Kirby's various abilities in the first true 3D action adventure Kirby game. Use Kirby's Copy Ability to suck up weakened foes in combat to gain their powers to use in combat or as tools to explore the world.
Combat is fast-paced and features a lock-on camera with directional inputs with each copy ability having its own moveset. The game features large open areas to explore in any direction as you collect enough MacGuffins to reach each world's boss.

Epic Yarn is shit unless you enjoy games that put you to sleep

They're all decent.

You're a massive homosexual, you know that?

I thought they already made a Kirby RPG? I don't keep up with the series

Oh boy, a Kirby thread. This is what I was waiting for. Hope you anons are ready for a short storytime.

I dunno, I find it really hard to like the "canvas curse" ones

I an lurking this thread.

In order to contribute to the thread a bit, I agree that there are no bad Kirby games. However, everyone has their opinions, and I find that I don't like Dreamland 2 or 3 very much. Haven't played through 64 in its entirety so I can't judge it. Doesn't mean I think they're bad, I just prefer the Super Star gameplay and I'm glad it's kind of become the main style of Kirby.

tough choice, I'd think I'd pick the 3D adventure, though I would certainly play a Kirby rpg like that.

youtu.be/xC-QxYMdsOg?t=16s

I didn't understand Kirby Canvas Curse.

There are no good kirby games either.

did not enjoy rainbow curse

Gooey is cute! CUTE!

There are no good kirby games either.

True, none of them are bad. They're all shit.

Name a single Kirby game that has anything even REMOTELY resembling a challenge.
It's the most baby toddler buh buh gaga tier video game IP I could think of.

I'll agree to this. The worst I've ever felt about a Kirby game is boredom.

Also Fighter Kirby is best Kirby. Look in your hearts, you know it to be true

I'm waiting for my copy of Robobot. Once that arrives it'll probably be hard to get any work done.

I hope you are having a great day, user!

I hope Sup Forums is ready to bully the spider.

What about a 3D Kirby RPG

Blowout Blast and probably one of the older spinoffs; I've not heard much good about Pinball Land outside of it being functional. Kirby is still one of the consistently best-quality franchises of its age and variety of games.

If 3D Adventure basically plays like cutesy Devil May Cry and I can unlock Style Switch-equivalent then fucking TAKE my money immediately holy shit.

Also I'd prefer a more fleshed out non-F2P Team Kirby Clash Deluxe over a turn-based RPG. I really like the way TKCD plays and I think more boss and class variety with more of a story would be awesome.

I think Kirby works more as a 2D game than it would as a 3D game, so I'd probably pick RPG, but who knows.

Nice bait you fucking retard

cry more

Bullshit

The end. Hope you anons enjoyed it.

>one of the only kirby games that's actually challenging (if you're getting 100% that is)
>shit

Do we even know if Kirby can read?

*Ahem*

>inb I-It's good!
NO.

Cute.

i love kirby but there are some bad ones

At least it tried something different, but yeah it looks pretty damn mediocre to me. At least Kirby Switch looks solid and it's coming relatively soon.

oh my.

very cute story for a very cute pink boy

There aren't any good though

>switch kirby brings back combining abilities, making 64 completely irrelevant now
IT’S NOT FAIR BROS, THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY REASON TO PLAY THE SHITTY MESS THAT IS 64! 64BROS ARE FUCKING DONE

3D Adventure by far, though i'm not sure how they'd make it work

Could just be another deceptive version of it like in Squeak Squad where it's really limited compared to 64. To me it seems like a middle ground where it's much more expansive than SS but less expansive than 64.

>There are no bad mainline Kirby games
FTFY

The core series is consistently 7.5/10 minimum and some are among my favorite games. The spin-offs also have a really high rate of quality but it's more like ~80% of them are good. Sadly 2017 wasn't that good of a year for Kirby considering all 3 games that came out were spinoffs, and they were:
>Free to Play Action RPG with Microtransactions that is fun but due to its setup requires some fucking grind/time waiting or money to be spent (although the prices are not crazy)
>a "3D" game that had no copy abilities and was more of a puzzle-action game; best qualities were the little love letter fanservice bits to Dreamland 1
>Battle Royale, which is an attempt at 3D Kirby (probably to test waters) but seems pretty basic and full of gimmicks; mostly disappointing compared to its potential more than anything

Star Allies looks fucking tremendous though.

That seems to be it. Much more robust than SS because you have more elements and it seems EVERY ability can get an element, but there's also combo-specific attacks (including team ones where the helper can buff Kirby's move with a timed press) and at least one 64-style combo since Curling Stone is back.

/thread.

>Kirby thread
cool! Also I have to agree, while there aren't too many amazing Kirby games, at worst you'll get a mediocre game

this and Rainbow Curse are trash

Wrong

>Star Allies looks fucking tremendous though
it really does, I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Kirby game

3D Kirby game. It's about fucking time we get a proper 3D experience.

Amazing Mirror is pretty amazing when you're playing with friends. Seriously, I've never had an experience like that game before and it sucks that it doesn't have local play for the 3DS.

If there is one thing Battle Royale has done right is that the abilties are really fun to use with each having a good amount of moves you can use. That game just made me want a 3D Kirby already.

that was cute, thanks for that.

3D Adventure please?

"Is Kirby's DDDream Land the Dark Souls of Platformers?"

Yes.

Exactly. Abilities is pretty much half the fun in these games. The level design in Kirby games have never really been anything special. Pretty basic areas that you go through. The fun comes from experimenting with abilities and the odd gimmick/puzzle that the level throws at you.
The challenge would be translating something like Green Greens into 3D without making it feel too flat. You need to take into consideration that Kirby can fly indefinitely. Or, they could just give him finite amount of jumps a la Smash Bros. I think either is fine, but the latter would probably be easier to design a game around.

I never got to play any of the GBA Kirby games sadly, it looks fun from what I've seen though

Dunno about that but I fucking love Robobot
Do you think it'll come back? Shit was incredible.
Pic related, felt good after I was too pleb to 100% TD due to drum dash.

Give amazing mirror a shot, you can just play Kirby's adventure since nightmare in dreamland is a remake of that.

Nightmare in Dreamland had some new abilities and mini-games though, but the two are more ore less interchangeable.
Kirby's Adventure is definitely a technically impressive NES game, so I'd say it's worth playing for that reason.

Epic Yarn is one of the absolute best Kirby games though.

>There are no bad Kirby games

Sure there are, user. Here's two.
And I say this as someone who deeply loves nearly all Kirby games--but these two are just irredeemable garbage, with the former made for literal babies and the latter made for absolutely no one at all.

No good ones either

It's certainly the most comfy Kirby game that's for sure, it would've been a shame if it was only a prince fluff game like they originally intended.

>fell out of Kirby after rage quitting Triple Deluxe
>never got robobot
>never see it in stores
did I mess up? I rage quit TD because my reflexes were too slow to get one of the flower medals and I was so autistic at the time that I had to get EVERY medal before I moved on to the next level

>literal children among us

He's been known to talk and have thoughts on things, not only in Avalanche.

Honestly Robobot might be my favorite Kirby of all time.

you messed up lad, finish TD and play robobot trust me it's worth it.

Don't forget that Nightmare in Dreamland also has 4 player co-op plus minigames. I had a blast playing those with my friends.

Robobot is way better than TD

Robobot was my GOTY when it was released, fucking great title. Do it user.

Playing Epic Yarn on the holidays is seriously one of my coziest time, you should try it out user.
youtube.com/watch?v=5T9NralDMew

I have an extreme love/hate relationship with Mass attack, on one hand it was the first Kirby game I actually owned when I usually just played on my cousins' systems, on the other I never finished the game because I was missing a Grand Total of TWO collectibles, locking me from the final stage, i'm still mad at that game on the behalf of 13 year old me

Max comfy, especially the snow world.

Kirby did have limited jumps in Blowout Blast, Air Ride, and Crystal Shards, so it shouldn't be much of a problem if HAL already tried of a problem. Level design would need to have more focus if they are going 3D, but Green Greens is pretty easy since the first game you're on a grassy plain which later have you enter a forest, and go up a hollow tree to fight Whispy Woods. I think they could come up with enough creativity from the first world alone.

Hey, it was your first game. Can't get mad at you for loving your first Kirby. Just wish it was something better, like any of the GBA/DS ones.

True, but Triple Deluxe had a better set of bosses in my opinion. But the final bosses for each game are tied for me, they're that good.

try getting 100% in that game, it's insanely aggravating and nearly impossible.

Agreed. Can't really say the same about the overall game but Sectonia is great.

>pyribbit
>good boss

Don't feel bad user.