Evolve Thread

Friendly reminder that 2K is the SOLE REASON this game failed. 2K wanted the game to fail.
TRS did everything in their power; but 2k even PREVENTED THEM FROM UPDATING REGULARLY, hence the countless issues and even the obscene monetization; which TRS tried to fight.

Do not let this martyr die in vain. Do not let the JEWS ruin our sacred hobby.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/696942/ama_request_game_designer_who_writes_ingame_lore/dh51gnw/
gamerant.com/evolve-turtle-rock-valve-split-explained/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/696942/ama_request_game_designer_who_writes_ingame_lore/dh51gnw/

That picture is false though

It's really not.

Go ahead and tell me what's in Destiny 2's cash shop that affects gameplay

Mods, Engrams and more. Single use skins, I could go on, But I won't. Because I don't play rehashed garbage.

Cosmetics is not gameplay
Mods are not in the cash shop

That's not what's been said prior.

Noone is talking about Destiny 2, let alone a "feature" in it.

>No way to get skins in game like Evolve vs Everything given to you through normal gameplay like Destiny 2 and was still talked about due to the single use skins

Fuck off

The presence of a cash shop affects gameplay, it affects what kind of content and features the game will have. It doesn't just affect one aspect of gameplay, it affects the whole of gameplay design.

Mods, actually. The game has a harder Light Level wall than the first (which was already stupidly steep), with Mods playing a major part in it due to infusion changes. It was kinda of disappointing to see Eververse return, actually. Especially considering the way they introduced it just makes you want to punch someone in the face.

Good. Let it burn. Let this whole fucking industry burn when we spit in the face of our tormented saviors. The relationship between TRS and 2K was the utmost toxic; TRS hated working with them and did everything in their power to tell them to fuck off.

They're the only reason we didn't have to pay for maps and modes ONTOP of existing characters (Which was the only thing planned to be paid due to the sheer costs and effort to produce). Evolve was GOING TO BE F2P from Day one, but 2Kikes and Take-Jew wanted their money.

>Evolve failed for its ingame shop practices.
>Not because of its repetitive, running-simulator gameplay, and lack of variety between games.

There's only one cash shop item in destiny 2, "Bright Engrams" that you can earn ingame after about 2 hours of playing

Inside them is cosmetic items like shaders, emotes, ships, and transmog armor. And the ones the that effect gameplay are Armor Mods and sparrows. Which you can also get separately even if you don't want to play for an hour to get the Bright engram...

>No way to get skins in game like Evolve
T. Didn't play the game.

>repetitive, running-simulator gameplay, and lack of variety between games.
Also a fucking lie.
>What are Mutators?
>What is every single character is diffrently tooled up
>What is Defend?
>What is Nest?
>What is Arena?
>What is Rescue?

And you faggots claim to care about Videogames.

You're no better than the masses of normalfags and SJWs you shit on.

Adding to that, mods also drop from just playing the game, but the only way to combine your rare mods into legendary ones is to have an ilvl of 280. Even while you can technically get random rare mods in the bright engrams, they hardly affect the game play and Evolve was selling a monster in one of their first DLCs.

The presence of microtransactions affects gameplay, even if they're cosemetic. They affect how the game is designed, what kind of content and features will be in the game and how and when they will be accessed by the player.

So yes, you can operate and play in this tailored environment without specific aspects of gameplay being affected by the cosmetics, but the very environment in which you're playing was designed around the idea that there will be a cash shop, certain aspects of gameplay were changed and altered to better accommodate the presence and encourage the use of the micropurchases. So while the cosmetics might not affect the systems and mechanics while you're actually playing, they were already affected by design when the game was being developed, what you have access to and the content in the game were already affected by the presence of micropurchases.

Think of it like a car on a race track. You might not be able to buy better tires or better fuel to get an advantage over other drivers, and all you can do is plaster your car with corporate sponsor logos, but the track you're racing on and the rules you're playing by were designed with the idea that most drivers are going to plaster their cars with those logos, its not about the race anymore, its about selling those cosmetic items and the actual game itself is designed to do that.

>Evolve
>Was actually kinda fun
>Monsters were typically neat to play as, always liked playing Lazarus
>Dies because shitters like Sterling bashed it for cosmetic skins, leading 2k to snub it

>Destiny 2
>It's literally Diet Destiny
>The campaign, while neat, is nowhere near as cool as the lore established in the first, story was effrctively killed for 'Muh kewl superheroes'
>Gameplay is literally the first with a few new weapon types, none of which are actually inovative
>PvP gutted for MUH ESPORTS
>Eververse gets advertised after literally the first mission
>Sharding is somehow even worse than the first game, despite millions of player you'll never see anyone else
>Is maybe an even bigger letdown than the first game, and is an even bigger platform for DLC
>Will be supported for two more years, get an even more jarring sequel, and said sequel will also be suppirted for two years
Fucking God damnit.

>Single use skins
Holy shit how greedy can you get

You still have to drive faster than the other cars and no amount of plaster or sponsors will help you do that.

They're both garbage and both exist solely as platforms with which to push additional content sales.

>PvP gutted for MUH ESPORTS
Now, the only reason why I don't agree with this is because they haven't done anything towards the creation of an esports league. They said they would be happy to support the players if they want to, but they don't want to do anything right away because that would be too preemptive. Usually when an Activision branded game wants an esports league, they make it themselves first and that isn't the case with Destiny 2.

>Historic revisionism
I loved Evolve but that's a fucking bullshit and a lie. It was content being sold as DLC, in a content starved game that affected gameplay directly. It was overpriced too. It was a shitshow.

You're the liar here buddy.

>He doesn't know the "full story"- which even then is just bits and peices

If Valve let them make the fucking game in the first place, we wouldn't be here.
But Nu-Valve doesn't make games.

Some clout will smear my name. That's fine. I don't care about me.
What I care about is revealing the truth. What I care about is exposing 2K. What I care about is this game getting the fate it truly deserved.

2K sabotaged this fucking game since they bought it at that fucking auction.

But the point isn't about driving faster anymore, it's about the cosmetics. You can race around the track the fastest, but that's not what the owners care about, providing the experience of winning the race isn't what makes the most money anymore, they care about all the money made from corporate sponsors. The rules and track are now designed for photo ops, not for racing

That's my point. You can play the game without the cosmetics directly affecting the gameplay, but the gameplay was already influenced by design. The presence of a cash shop/microtransactions influences core game design, it dictates what kind of content is in the game, what is going to be held back for additional content sales, what game modes will be included, what kind of features the game modes will have, etc. etc. this is all affected by the presence of a cash shop.

So while you maybe playing the end-result of this design process without buying any skins, the game you're playing was tailored to incentivize buying those skins. What you can actually do and have access to within the game, that gameplay that isn't affected directly by skins, is indirectly affected by them at a fundamental design level. That's how games are making money now, through supplemental, additional purchases.

Are you retarded?

You seem to be.

>I haven't played the game so I'll believe some faggot who said something I would randomly believe

Random mods drop from the cash shop once you reach a certain light level, and once you hit that light level, you can buy mods with in-game currency and combine them to make better ones. It's only pay to win if you want to spend 200 dollars on paid engrams to get a single mod

I fail to see your point. It's still there.

Before you make a thread at least play the games you're talking about. The Destiny 2 premium shop gives no in game advantages.

itt: destiny shills.

I like both games, Destiny 2 is very generous with it's exotics and Evolve was just 1005 fun all around. Fuck the haters

I don't even genuinely belive there's any real haters of people who played the game for more than two fucking minutes. But hey, let's parrot one fucking brainlet journalist's meme for eternity and never question the thing.

Yes of course that's how games are making money now. Destiny made more money off the micro transactions than actually selling the first 2 DLCs combined. The truth is though, the shop was a later addition to the world of Destiny. What can you honestly tell me in Destiny 2 would want get you to purchase a skin that wasn't already apart of Destiny already? Having someone emote when they kill you in pvp? Listen, I understand that micro transactions are on the minds of the developers, but stuff like "what's a cool emote that can get people to spend money" isn't in their heads when they're designing raid mechanics. As long as micro transactions aren't game defining then I don't care. Evolve had a problem actually keeping content away from its players inside micro transactions with more than $60 worth of DLC not in the season pass.

>Evolve had a problem actually keeping content away from its players inside micro transactions with more than $60 worth of DLC not in the season pass.
That's not entirely true. There was delibrate, intended ways around this supposed "keeping content away from players"

Skins are not content. They do not add anything meaningful.

The existing characters had several intentional ways of playing them without ever needing to spend a penny. This was TRS's way of telling 2K to fuck themselves.

He's saying it's ultimately pointless when the Blacksmith actually gives you Mods and Weapons for just scraping old rare mods,armor,weapons,helmets,boots,etc. He also gives shades which you can scrap to get shit from the cash shop that's how I got this

Point being whether or not the micro-purchases are cosmetic isn't relevant. Both Evolve and Destiny used predatory additional content models, they were both designed first and foremost to be vehicles for those additional purchases, and this design philosophy and process 100% affects gameplay for the reasons I've already stated. It affects the core and most fundamental features and elements the game, I'm just sick and tired of ignorant people claiming cosmetics don't affect gameplay. Their mere presence alone affects gameplay.

>Arbitrary late-game thing hidden in a fucking sidequest, when it literally doesn't matter anymore because it's nearly the end of the fucking game
>Not P2W

It's not considering they give you free legendarily and exotics early on. and it's not hidden it's literally at the Hub all you do is go right.

>evolve was designed first and foremost to be vehicles for those additional purchases.
Again, this is not true.
The line was.
"Unlike L4D which was essentially a fixed program, Evolve is designed TO BE EXPANDED UPON. New maps, new modes, new monsters, new hunters, new wildlife..-"

TRS had nothing to do with L4D post-release.
And even less to do with L4D2

>Skins are not content. They do not add anything meaningful.
But the inclusion of skins affects game design, the game modes, features etc. They want to make money selling the skins and the gameplay is tailored to incentivize the use of micropurchases, even if they're only skins.

I'm not talking about L4D, I'm talking about Evolve and Destiny, which are/were vehicles for additional content sales.

Evolve was NOT a vehicle for additional content sales until 2K forced it to be. Do not forget this key fact.

Valve is part of why Evolve failed. They have this blood on their hands.
gamerant.com/evolve-turtle-rock-valve-split-explained/

For the guys playing Destiny 2 ITT, When does the Osiris expansion start?

Evolve was a shitty game. Fuck you Kevin for talking me into buying it. The first few matches, sure this is different. After that, boring as fuck. That's why it failed. It sucked.

Nah. You didn't buy it.

Actually, everything mentioned in this picture can be obtained playing the game regularly without spending a cent in the cash shop, and the cash shop currency is given everytime you rank up (lvl up).

Mods actually drop from any engram you find ingame and you can purchase them with ingame currency.

The only reason that will affect anyone's gameplay is because you didn't even spend a minute playing the game and making progress.

>it's arbitrary and doesn't matter anymore
>thus it's p2w
????

What a bullshit picture.

It failed because it’s a garbage concept with garbage execution.

t. brainlet

I don't remember people caring about buying cosmetics, the problem was people who bought the game also had to buy new monsters and new hunters, they weren't free.

>finding enjoyment in an asymmetric multiplayer only game

This

Mods from bright engrams (which you also get for levelleing up) are always blue, if you're actually halfway fucking decent at the game you know the best way to get them is spending glimmer for them at the gunsmith, you absolute shitter. I'm was 305 on 3 characters within a month without spending a single cent.

>Every game absolutely must have a single player story campaign and be a modern war shooter!

but you can not buy better weapons or armor sets or rise your light lever paying on the eververse

>asymmetric
what's wrong with this
>multiplayer only
what's wrong with that
we had that shit in 2003
stop acting like this is a shocker.

We will be avenged.
We will avenge those before and after our coming.
Kane lives in Death.