Why do people play Overshit when Team Fortress 2 is 1000x times better with countless taunts and fun?

Why do people play Overshit when Team Fortress 2 is 1000x times better with countless taunts and fun?

Do people play just because its popular meme?

It's 3 reasons mainly:

>they want to be popular with the "in" crowd
>Overwatch is by the numbers safe for the tumblr kids who get triggered easily (hence why you can't say anything mean without being permabanned)
>waifus for the permavirgins

When it first came out Valve was paying no attention to TF2, and Blizzard was constantly adding new content and making balance changes to Overwatch, now people are just kinda stuck playing Overwatch because well your friends play it, and its what you played for the past few months, slowly but surely people are leaving Overwatch though, unless Blizzard starts doing things right again.

In a word, marketing.

Also OW looks prettier and runs better.

Ow has;
>Marketting
>Interesting/unique/outstanding designs
>Semblance of a plot/universe
>Cross universe shenanigans with HoTS

TF2 compared is:
-Ugly
-Cartoony
-So Ramdub
-Outdated
-Forgotten by pretty much everyone that didn't care for it to begin with

I hate OW passionately, but I find it perfectly understandable to lean towards it.

>tried it
>didn't like it
the end

The source engine is literally the worst piece of fucking shit ever created when it comes to multiplayer shooters.

I played both TF2 and Overwatch

Overwatch sports much better game design. I don't have nostalgia goggles blinding me since I tried them both out in the same week and came to my conclusion at the end of that week.

Combat feels way better, and is more visceral than TF2's. That's all there it to say. Sorry, but Valve got outdone.

because people will suck off blizzard no matter how shit they become. they haven't made anything good in a long time, yet people are always eating their shit up. similar to ubisoft

I dont know
tf2 and paladins seem better to me

>I hadnt played tf2 in a while but i started playing around 2009 or so.
>Start playing now.
>Cancerous pyro's everywhere.
>Fireballs shot at me every 10 seconds.
>Game is still full with horrible cosmetic items that dont fit the cool lore tf2 has. (Will never change, i know.)
>Ive grown older but still shit ton of kids in the game and old angry russians.

I think the magic is over for this game. Atleast for me.

Air Thruster is great.

not really, the arma engines are shit, and the engine pubg uses is garbage too

>looks prettier and runs better
Okay, retard.

Overwatch panders to casuals

Also played Overwatch since it came out. Was a big fan at first but as i kept playing it slowly got more and more boring. Always the same shit and no real motivation to play it. Overwatch's community is by far the most cancerous one ive personally expirienced. Also ranked grinding is just super boring and not worth it. Also the game is turning more and more into some political fuckfest. From my perspective atleast.

Team Fortress 2 isn't very good either.
Bicker all you want, TF2 isn't compelling to play just like OW. They're shallow as fuck.

>better game design for Overwatch
>visceral
>reddit spacing
you should be ashamed of this post

This.

>more visceral than TF2
>laying into someone with a machine gun just makes them flop to the ground like they're taking their nap
>explosives make people jump for joy, then flop to the ground and take their nap
Real fuckin' visceral combat, call me back when there's gibs or blood or even anything to indicate that you haven't just made someone pass out when they're "eliminated." Goddamn Disney movies are even willing to say "killed."

>>Interesting/unique/outstanding designs
HAHAHAHAHA
>>Semblance of a plot/universe
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is 0 difference between Overwatch, Battleborn, Garden Warfare, TF2, Lawbreakers, Battlefront or any of these other generic multiplayer shit games but Overwatch is popular on twitch so it wins

Imagine
>play TF2 for the first time
>attack on capture point
>immediately killed by demo stickies
>20 second respawn
>kill demoman
>immediately headshoted by sniper
>20 second respawn
>kill demoman
>dodge sniper
>get backstabbed by spy
>20 second respawn
>kill demoman
>dodge sniper
>kill spy
>killed by 3 level 3 sentries sitting in a corner
>all of these sentries also have an engie with a dispenser sitting right next to them

>There is 0 difference
Are there people who seriously believe this?

Name one (1) difference strictly related to gameplay

Imagine
>Play overwatch for the first time
>pick a character that looks cool
>gets banned

ammo management
movement options

>cool lore
Lol

>>Play overwatch for the first time
>go into competetive mode
You're not retarded enough to think you get banned ruining matches in quick play, right?

Personally, only one or two classes in TF2 meshed with me. Whereas there are a bunch in OW that I like.

Also, sometimes in TF2 you can get pretty locked in at a choke point. If you coordinate ultimates in OW you can overcome this.

OW also has Mei

>TF2 is 1000x better
How can you say that with a straight face, it's way past is prime and is bloated to hell. All the old communities are dead because of valves ineptitude on top of them piling on useless items including eye cancer cosmetics

Camping in corner is not fun

I like both.

no fpbp yet huh?

Yeah, it pains me that if they were to make a TF3 , they would need to shoehorn some female characters in, or there would be backlack from the betacucks that the all male roster was sexist for some reason.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if Zhanna joined the group, she's so fucking cute, goddamn.

And people also take TF2 like it's not the hot meme anymore. I've heard a lot of people say they miss play TF2 and that "it is a shame the game is dead", when when it's still the same game it as always been, and it literally has the same player count it had 5 years ago.

Isn't Source's entire networking directly derived from id tech 2?

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Why is all Overwatch 'original content' just redraws of ancient/popular memes/facebook reposts/whatever with an OW character? Where's the originality, you hack frauds?

Stop playing sniper

>only overwatch does this

>is 1000x times better with countless taunts and fun?
Same could be said about Battleborn, biggest problem with it is how ugly the characters are.

And yes, Battleborn has taunts and better gameplay than Overwatch.

Overwatch has my husbando.

Answer the question, you shameful excuse for a shoop.

Never said that but grud on a greenie, it's like a perfect storm where OW fell into a hole of tumblrites with basic cropping skills who decided someone holding a gun and saying "delete this" is the absolute peak of humor.

fuck off randy

I'm not really sure what gave you the idea that I am personally responsible for every Overwatch themed reaction pic.

please post one of your top quality memes then

Literally the only two likeable character in OW.

TF2 was great, but after hundreds of hours and a community ruined by F2P bronies and BRs I wanted something different.

>it's not the game, it's the community

I don't save memes. back in muh day they were called reaction images

It's the same shit with all the classes
10 engies are sitting at a corner and you have to wait for your team to kill them until you can advance

fuck off permavirgin

Well, it's the lack of community these days. Community servers are dead. Fun is dead. Enjoy your Valve matchmaking.

have you noticed how tf2 fags favorite reaction images are "xD so randum" gmod animations?

>playing for the wacky meme servers instead of the game itself

Yes, and I never found those xd wacky faces and thrown ragdolls Gmod animations very funny, either. Maybe I'm just boring.

>wanting serious servers for TF2 of all things
No thanks

Commander class could be hot tbqh. Can look at maps and buff people or drop ammo or something.