If I just wanna play Zelda, get a Wii U/Switch?

I don't care about the TP and WW remasters (WW is overrated and content starved, TP will be missed though). But on the other hand, Wii U is dead and buried so if something I like comes out on Switch, I'll end having having purchased both a Switch and Wii U which is stupid.

Wii U lets me play Breasts of the Wild for less than 250 with games and a regular controller. Switch lets me play Breasts of the Wild for 350+ without a regular controller. The difference is roughly 100 bones at the end of the day.

What should I do bros?

I own both. If you just want to play botw, get a pc.

pls comment

Make up your mind.
I picked up a used WiiU few months ago for few reasons:

1. I don't have Wii, and it had some games I've been interested of. And WiiU is 100% BW-compatible with Wii games.
2. Because it is practically a Wii, it also can run GC games natively. No discs though, only rips.
3. Piss easy to "jailbreak" with Homebrew + fill with emulators too.
4. HDMI connection = shit works on modern TVs.

If money isn't an issue, Switch. Easily

Switch has a future, and will probably get all the good games the Wii U had as ports

>nintendo system
>future

you guys never learn

That depends on if you want to play games that will come out or older games. The switch is obviously going to be getting new games for a while but if you want to play old shit get a wii u and hack it. It has native support for wii, gamecube, gba, ds, snes, etc

hello sub 50 IQ poster. This is a video game thread, not a console war thread sorry bud, check the catalogue

Wii U
> Dead System
> Failed System with old games
> Cheaper

Switch
> New System
> Doing very well, and looks very promising
> Will get all the Nintendo games that matter from now on, not to mention that it has deluxe versions of Wii U games
> PORTABLE
> More expensive (understandably)

Your choice, OP

The Switch will obviously continue to get more games and a lot of Wii U games will get ported. While the performance is identical the Wii U itself is a bad console riddled with problems, the biggest being it's Gamepad. The Switch will also get you the portable mode and longer controller battery life with it's controllers compared to the Gamepad.
But there's nothing wrong with owning a Wii U if there are games that won't get ported and you want to play no matter what.

Doesn't matter what you choose, but please don't think a $300 PC could play BotW like some shills want to make you believe

If it's between those two options I'd say Switch. If you have a capable PC just emulate it.

It's a forgettable carbon copy open world ubisoft experience not worth buying a console for. People only give its 7/10ness a pass because it's a Zelda game.
Now post that retarded daysminsseconds image, Nintendies.

If BotW is the only thing you care about get a Switch. It's the definitive version with many more exclusives and enhanced Wii U ports coming in the future

Switch is looking pretty promising and runs slightly better than the Wii U version, but the Wii U version will also save you some money. Your choice.

there's absolutely no reason to ever get a wii u

Switch

Wii U is ded ded ded DED

Can you comment on the difference between GAmePad vs Switch battery life? If I'm being cheap by keeping the defaultg Switch pads, playing in docked console mode, will they last longer than the GamePad battery?

Yeah, looks like everyone is saying Switch. The initial price tag is pretty apalling to me but I never bought a PS4 or X1 so I suppose I have to take the plunge at some point. Fucking sucks there isn't a console only version of Switch for $50 or $100 less.

>What should I do
Pirate it on CEMU like a non retard

The difference is you can play BoTW anywhere, and it looks better on the Switch.
All WiiU games are being ported.

The Wii U is cheaper, can play Zelda and absolutely crushes the Switch in terms of games when softmoded.
The Switch is a new console with double the price but has games still coming for it. Anybody reasonable would get the Wii U now and a Switch maybe a few years in the future.

>Will get all the Nintendo games that matter from now on.
That is a stupid way to think. That means only games that the masses liked are worth playing.

There's no guarantee that games like Bayonetta 2 or The Wonderful 101 will make a port to switch, those were some good games.

Docked the Joy Cons have a 20 hour battery life
The pro controller over 40 hours, both recharge fast.
The Gamepad is supposed to have 10 hours but quickly degrades. It showing ads (!) even when the system is turned off (!) and the fact when you want to use the Wii U pro controller that you have to connect it to the Gamepad, discharging both devices (!) is awful.
The Gamepad is a mediocre concept that hasn't been thought out well and does everything wrong in terms of hardware and software

I own a Switch, I'm legitimately considering buying a cheap Wii U to softmod because it can play both Wii and Gamecube games natively.

how long till i can buy a switch and pirate games for it

The Wii U gamepad battery is BAD

It wasn't as terrible when I got the Wii U at first (brand new)...but towards the end of the system's lifespan, I had to keep it plugged just to make sure it doesn't die instantly.

If you get a Wii U used, I'd imagine you'll be getting Gamepads with shit battery life too

I've never had a problem with the Switch controllers battery life

Switch, you'll get more use out of it in the coming years, especially since it'll have better support for games and Wii U ports (bayonetta and the like)

The Gamepad has an official upgrade battery pack that makes it last closer to 8 hours.

Can you even buy a new Gamepad without the console?

Gotcha, I have rumbled disabled on my PS3 controller because I hate constantly charging shit. Switch it is, I cannot deal with constant recharging and being bound to the wall plug with the Wii U gamepad. I suffer enough having to keep my OG 3DS plugged while marathoning games. Thanks a bunch fellows, seriously helped me out. Anything out there that's cheap or to watch out for Black Friday on the Switch?

>Do you care about new games?
Get a switch
>Do you care about old games?
Get a WiiU and hack it

Yes.

You're better off getting a switch now and going out physically and hunting down games

Super Bomberman R is 25 dollars at Best Buy. A huge new update just dropped making the game a very worthwhile purchase at 25 dollars.

>It showing ads (!) even when the system is turned off (!)
Literally never happened to me because I turned ads off.
>and the fact when you want to use the Wii U pro controller that you have to connect it to the Gamepad, discharging both devices (!)
Just leave the Gamepad in the charging cradle. You can even turn the gamepad screen off when not playing on it from the home menu.

I remember when I was a broke college kid. That's funny.

Save up for a Switch. The console is actually gaining a lot of traction and will see many first and third party titles that the WiiU just didn't have.

At least in my country some offer it for 290, so expect similar small deals. If you care about physical copies most Switch bundles only include a download version.
If you see a Pro Controller on discount might get it. It's expensive but worth it. A discounted micro sd card isn't 100% mandatory but still nice to have for the future

Switch.

I got the Wii U version and there's no issues whatsoever, but knowing I could be carrying the Switch version around with me everywhere sounds awesome. With the Wii U you can play the game on the GamePad, but its limited to only being around the console, otherwise it loses connectivity.

The Wii U had a better start with third parties which is ironic. Switch should do better in the long run though, if sales are to go by.

Get a Switch, play WW emulated on Dolphin with some HD patches. WWHD on the WiiU has too much bloom in my opinion.

It's still a million times more complicated then just straight connecting your controller to the console.
The fact alone that it shows ads is disgusting

You're absolutely retarded if you buy a Wii U at this point for Zelda to save 100 dollars.

The Wii U is a trash system with no online at this point, it has maybe 10 worthwhile games outside of Zelda.

>no golden BotW cart

Triggered.

No, it's not. You press the start button on the Wii U, the gamepad turns on in its cradle, you pick up the Pro Controller and play away. The screen being on might even be a plus for certain games, a small second screen if you will. If it has no function you can turn it off, but the thing is still being charged so it's ultimately preference.
Also the Wii U ASKS you if you want to opt for ads and if your retarded ass opts for them then you've just made your bed.

I loved my Wii U. In fact I still do. And now that I have fully completed Mario Odyssey I was actually planning on digging up my Wii U again in order to play a Wii game. Since it's by far superior to my original Wii.

But take it from me. For as much as I like my Wii U, I've barely used it since I got my Switch. In fact these weeks between now and the release of Xenoblade 2 will be the first time I've used my Wii U since I got my Switch.
And it's not that I don't like the Wii U. I do. But I still much rather play on the Switch.

I almost got BotW for the Wii U instead of getting the Switch at launch. But I figured if I was going to get a Switch eventually anyway I might just get it right away and then get BotW for it instead.
And I am really glad that I did. Because my Wii U is still tucked away in a drawer most of the time. And yet I use my Switch all the time and I love it. And I love BotW. Had I gotten it for the Wii U instead I would have regretted not getting it for the Wii U.

The first, the best, the newest.

Neat.

No. The first, the newest, the best.

Get a life and a job faggot

Your stuff looks super clean

Nothing on cemu is better than just playing it on the console

Wii U can play any game from any nintendo console that isn't the 3ds and switch. For free.
Switch can play mario and xenoblade for $60 plus tip each.

Which one sounds better to you?

>The fact alone that it shows ads is disgusting

You can turn those off. And those ads only happen like once a month. They're not even ads, just promotions of upcoming games. The 3DS does the same with SpotPass.

You are really blowing that out of proportion.

>If I just wanna play Zelda, get a Wii U/Switch?
Switch of course. WiiU is a legacy system at this point
However I had a huge nintendo backlog so I had to buy it

>a small second screen
An idea that doesn't work. You might think that it's like on the DS where you can quickly check your minimap while racing but it's not. With the Gamepad you have to physically move either your head or the fucking heavy Gamepad. For the handful of games that use it in a good way there are 20 that don't use it at all or gimp their controls on purpose to force you to use this crappy thing (see Star Fox Zero)

>heavy Gamepad
soyboy spotted

I clean once a week after work.

How can you play 3DS games for free?

Well deserved.
They never even thought about lowering the price, it was $300-$400 from the launch to it's painful death. It's strange because from the 3DS when they lowered it from $250 to $150 Nintendo knew that a price drop can shift a lot more units

what part of "that isn't 3ds and switch" do you not understand?

nice

Nice that 90% of games support the Pro Controller huh? Also
>heavy
I'm literally 50kg and think you're a limpwristed cunt as the Gamepad weighs almost nothing at all.

If you can find a wii u cheap it's worth it for stuff like Bayo 2 and W101. Especially as you can hack it so you don't have to pay for games

>buy console for hundreds of dollars with the main reason to not having to spend money on games when you already spent money anyway
Piracy is a nice bonus but not the largest factor when buying a console. If I don't have money I would just get a trash computer and pirate everything

>No TurboDuo

> millions of normalshits that bought a wii for wii sports passed on the WiiU because they thought it was an accessory
tragic

Qyestion: how soon in advance does Nintendo announce a hardware revision. Looking into selling my Switch because I feel a dry spell coming on, and YOU KNOW they're going to eventually come out with a console-only version. Might as well sell it while it's worth anything.

Thankfully the market knew otherwise and I snagged an unwanted christmas gift for 180€ with NSMB and the upgraded gamepad battery.

>YOU KNOW they're going to eventually come out with a console-only version
Not really because the name wouldn’t make sense. It’s called switch because it can switch modes.

My TurboGrafx is in the closet. I need to get an HDMI thing for it.

>selling a console because there MIGHT be an unconfirmed dry period with all odds pointing against it
There will be a hardware revision, but no docked/handheld only version. And definetly not a docked only one

They're not going to let the name stop them from milking new hardware revisions.

The Gamecube wasn't actually a cube you know?

Feather duster or damp rag?

The Gamecube's selling point wasn't the fact that it tried to be a cube.

One of the big poofy dusters that attracts dust so I barely have to touch anything with it.

>The Wii U is a trash system with no online at this point,
But that's wrong you fucking retard.

Online games still work. You just can't use Miiverse to draw gay pictures and comment anymore

You literally have nothing to support that though. Idk if you mean "console only" as in handheld or if you mean they'll make a console version (no handheld). If you're banking on a home version I wouldn't hold my breath, if anything they'd do a handheld only version and even that is iffy at best.

With the Wii U and the 3DS's 3D feature they learned their lesson with confusing customers. Other than the Gamepad and the 3D, the Switch's switch feature actually works, is intuitive to use and they main selling feature everybody knows. They didn't release a Wii without a Wiimote or a DS without a touchscreen

Why wouldn't there be a dock only Switch? The production costs would be a lot cheaper without needing a screen or worrying too much about form factor.

It certainly makes more sense than a portable only version. All that would cut out of production is the plastic dock and the HDMI connection. That's probably less than $20 a unit saved.

Nice, gonna grab one of those since I collect figmas and they're a pain to clean.

They literally did it for the 2DS and N2DS

Admit it--the whole 3D thing was a flop.

Because Nintendo's online modes have such a long afterlife
rip mario kart wii it still hurts ;_;
The confusion would be more expensive for Nintendo than having a potential small minority. The Switch will inevitably get a price drop anyway making such an early drastic change obsolete

softmod a wii u bruh

Except nintendo built the switch entirely around the idea that its the strongest handheld around. Its marketed as a handheld you can play on your tv. There is no way they will ever do a console-only version, except MAYBE as a super budget system at the very end of its life and even that I doubt.

Wii U Gamepad: 491g
Switch (with Joy Cons attached): 398g
New 3DS XL: 329g

They'll just call a docked version Switch Home or something.

It's not comparable to the WiiU naming issue; that ACTUALLY was a new console Nintendo was trying to sell with a name that made it sound like just an upgrade or peripheral to the Wii.

The Switch and Switch Home can exist together. Nintendo wouldn't give a shit which one you brought.

Why the fuck are you telling him to admit it like anyone even mentioned it before you?

>no one mentions load times are shorter on WiiU

By a few seconds, it only matters if you speedrun or some shit.
Against handheld mode, higher resolution and better performance it's a rather small tradeoff

And the 3DS was marketed as a 3D capable machine. It didn't stop Nintendo releasing new versions with those features ripped out.

If Nintendo can make a console for cheaper they will.

>TP will be missed though
Twilight Princess was crap.

There is a lot of loading in BotW just casually playing. It can easily save you over 2-3 hours of gameplay.

>higher resolution and better performance
nice meme, Switchlet

Their inital plans were 3D only at $250. It didn't sell well because of the price, a large portion of the population can't see 3D and parents were outraged because the 3D can harm children's eyes. Only after lowering it to $250 and multiple hardware changes and revisions it took off
The initial plans of the Switch are the "switching" at $300. The concept works well, is the main reason why people buy it and it sells like crazy right now
Yea but I don't remember it being that bad
>720p/30 with a couple frame drops
versus
>900p/30 docked with few frame drops
>720p/30 portable with even fewer frame drops

*by lowering it to $170, not $250. Also the 2DS helped a lot as well. Without these cuts and changes the 3DS would've flopped hard

Because the whole POINT of the system is you can play it like a handheld and then dock it for console modu. If they made a handheld only, it might as well mean they can the 3DS. If they do a console only, then there was no point to the handheld capability.

What features got ripped out?

Because I'm sure a majority of people never even touch the 3d slider after the first few novel times, whether whether they didn't want to put up with the eye strain, or they wanted to conserve battery life.