Have an MMO itch, name me a MMO with decent social interaction and good gameplay

Have an MMO itch, name me a MMO with decent social interaction and good gameplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lCbqcWESWPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit I play FFXIV sometimes and I have the same itch you got. The game don't exist.

Real life

>The game don't exist
/thread

>with decent social interaction

How is this suppose to be a thing? You want to play with many other people. You are doomed to play with assholes all the time

>arched back
>thigh gap
WAY too lewd

It's a meme by braindead casuals.

So far ive played 3 mmo's some more than others.
FFXIV is good if you want to rp in general, lots of emotes n shit.
Gw2 has a pretty friendly community but dont expect hardcore gaymers or anything, most are older people around 30's-50's playing casually
WoW is the same as Gw2 in terms of age but instead are/act hardcore in terms of PvE and sometimes PvP.
So pick your poison user, I've also played Tera, Blade and Soul, DFO, Dragons Nest and Runescape. (All of which dont hold much to the 3 listed.)

>pokemon character
pokemmo?

I tried FFXIV but never got far, worth giving a second shot?

The best example for decent social interaction is old WoW. Subtle pushes that make you interact with others is what I want.

I'm looking for something to tide me for classic WoW, nu-WoW and GW2 don't interest me due to shit social aspects

Shilling pic related for like the 20th time.

It's fun and avoids a ton of mistakes that ruined modern MMORPGs. It feels very old school and gives you a lot of good reasons to interact with other players. Only problem is the graphics are shit.

>muh vanilla
Just because you were 12 and shit at video games doesn't mean it was good or there is any less faggot dicksucking going on. Just get in a guild you fucking mouthbreather.

>Just join a guild lol
>Join a guild in pre-dungeon finder WoW
>Decent amount of conversation, get to know guildies
>Join guild post-dungeon finder
>No one speaks except on rare occasions

Not even nostalgia, dungeon finder ruined the social aspect of WoW

I recently returned and tried to spark up a conversation during runs and no one says anything... might as well play single player.

Just get on vent you retard. It was literally only the shitters talking in random dungeons.
Fucking casuals like you shouldn't be allowed to post on my board.

>Game gets simplified
>People complain about game getting simplified
>LOL FUCKING CASUAL

nu-Sup Forums everyone

>mmo
>gameplay

just go play zelda or something man

WoW was always braindead simple, it finished what EQ started so even toddlers could enjoy it pretty much killing the genre.
Now we have stupid fucks like you having nostalgia over a shit game and it drives me insane.

youtu.be/lCbqcWESWPo

this looks terrible

>Getting triggered by people liking things you don't
>M-Muh nostalgia

Fuck off autist, classic WoW is one of the best MMO experiences that is still good today.

Puzzle Pirates. Just did a relaunch on steam too.

I had some guy who was beta testing this shit try to drag me into this game out of Wildstar

You need to kill yourself if you believe that.

I want to fuck chicken-chan

WHAT? That shit was my jam when I was a kid. Guess I'm reinstalling

>MMO
>Good gameplay
Pick one.

I like maplestory

I miss Guild Wars 1. Maybe I should just rebuy it and waste my life again.

It's sadly a ghost town. There are still people who play it, but it is largely played solo with heroes these days, just like FFXI.
They still occasionally do small updates and events, too.

vindictus is a f2p MMO, it's poorly optimized and has a fuckton of cancer RNG but the core, combat of the gameplay is incredibly fun

it's been out for like 7 years and isn't really active either, but the combat is very fun and there's a wide variety of characters too

i'll warn you now though, a huge majority of endgame content is grinding the same bosses over and over again daily for a shot at rare drops to earn you money, so you can get better gear so you can fight the next boss with higher stats easier

MMOs are dead and there is no bringing them back, they've been supplanted by sandbox lobby multiplayer games.

makes sense
you dont need a large playerbase to progress though, you can solo a huge majority of the games content and endgame is when you need parties, parties go up to 4 people max so you only need to find 3 other people

OP wants an MMO with social interaction too though, I don't think that's really possible nowadays so im just shilling vindictus because it at least has good gameplay

wildstatr would be better if the UI wasnt more busy than the 5 freeway near LA at rush hour

Not ffxiv
Everyone's either a dumbass or a teenage salt-factory.

I got lucky, and a lot of people do, but most of the time you'll be running shit with some idiot healer that doesn't understand that their damage matters too or a tank that keeps their tank stance on or a dps that can't follow a simple order of buttons.

You're 10 years too late.

I think the audience for it is and has always been small, if he want social interaction he should check out the SWG's private server that's trying to mimic how it was before SOE tried to copy WoW, or the spreadsheet simulator known as Eve.

I wish games like Wakfu weren't complete shit.

Do you play Arisha or Vella you slut?

this is true. As soon as I memorized all my keys, I just disabled it

i really like it but i just cant get into it, just like any other mmorpg on the market right now

You misunderstand, that pleases me.
Post character name fucker
Better be on West

I dropped it months ago

game is too dead, burnt myself out on it and I HATE running dungeons. It was okay exploration-wise though. Surfing the coasts to get my lowlevel ass into areas I had no right being in was great

a recent server merge happened
west + east got combined into one server called North America

Are there any pokemon mmos still alive

Bump for Pokemon MMO not BR shit

where's her diaper?

Don't bother with XIV. Nobody talks and the people that do talk make you want to strangle them.

Unova just came out in pokemmo. You could get /vp/ or Sup Forums to do a shared playthrough and have fun in the journey to catch them all

>MMO with decent social interaction
That's gone forever user, it's gone because people want to progress in an online game without having to rely on other people for anything, we live on an age where everything has to be instant gratification. It's the dumbest thing ever, but that's just how things are.

Social interaction in MMOs has been systematically killed off with automation. Why talk and negotiate with other people when there’s an automated auction house, or try to find a party when you can get instantly grouped with randoms? Old Tibia was a prime example of a social MMO, even buying stuff from an npc had you standing in a queue in the shop, with only one player able to talk to them at a time. Now it too has fallen victim to it, you can get from level 1 to 50 without ever having to talk to another person.

i actually like these posts, they honestly act like you literally cannot make friends in game anymore or trade and whantot.
i mean Sup Forums does get pissy over discord so not really surprising. still feels bad you guys literally cant manage to socialize unless forced to. best of luck on the future buddies.

Forgot bb, I only play a few days when I get an itch as well
Now post it

I try to socialize with people whenever I play an online game, people playing MMOs either don't give a shit or are too busy trying to progress to pay any attention to you, I've had no issue doing small talk or doing dumb shit for the sake of it on other games like 100% OJ, TF2, even fucking Guilty Gear.
The issue is that MMOs are the genre that should require the most socialization, yet it keeps trying it's hardest to make it unnecessary.

The fact is that making friends is definitely possible in these games, but MMOs used to have forming social circles as a requirement for progression and completing content.
Now, people want to be able to do everything on their own, so MMO devs design the game with solo play almost solely in mind.
In XIV, WoW, and nearly every other MMO out right now, all you need to do to progress is spam the dungeon finder which hooks you up with other random people, and you complete everything without saying a word.
Making socialization an option rather than a requirement defeats the purpose of MMOs.

Too much grind.

I don't mind the graphics, matter of fact, seeing a game with shit graphics excites me because it's an indicator that it's resources went elsewhere.

That being said, it's fucking risky. At best, it's a MUD that was created in 3d, which would be fucking great. At worst it's just a flaming pile of shit empty world populated entirely by autists.

PSO ephinea

Play Vindictus and make a Lynn

ill grind ur lynn