We all agree that 3>1>2 and everything else is shit, right

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_dKrnExJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntzur65KH9I
youtube.com/watch?v=2AUOLcJAGXw
youtube.com/watch?v=xfoDdF8kEFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i liked reach

>I used to not care. I just went along with orders and hoped that everything would work out for me. But after all that's happened, you know what I've learned? It's not about hating the guy on the other side because someone told you to. I mean, you should hate someone because they're an asshole or a pervert or a snob, or they're lazy or arrogant or an idiot or a know-it-all. Those are reasons to dislike somebody. You don't hate a person because someone told you to; you have to despise people on a personal level, not because they're red or because they're blue, but because you know them and you see them every single day, and you can't stand them because they're a complete and total fucking douchebag.

2 had the tightest most accurate gameplay
3 was the most fun with the best community
1 was a pile of nigger trash

MP
1 > 5 > 3 > Reach > 2 > 4

SP
3 > ODST > Reach > 1 > 2 > 4 > 5

there are no good halo games

>Reach, ODST, and 5 over any of the original trilogy

Yeah...no.

>12 years later and we're still failing to hate people on an individual level rather than via "self versus other" generalization

Odst was amazing tho and reach was arguably the pinnacle of halo

4>5>reach>1>3>2

2>3>ODST>1

For singleplayer except 5 sure. Halo 1 you had to backtrack all the levels you did starting from the midpoint of the campaign, so many samey rooms with the same geometry too. Was awesome back in the day as it shat all over goldeneye with it's local coop feature but the campaign aged badly over the years. I was disappointed by Halo 2's campaign, one of the first game I drank marketing coolaids with ilovebees, finish the fight, epic earth battles etc. Was half the game I was expecting campaign wise.

1 > 2 > 3 > ODST > Reach > 5 (multiplayer) > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 (campaign)

In literally what way is Reach the peak of Halo? It was the game that fucking killed it and marked the series as a failed to-be CoD clone.
>sprint
>evade
>cardboard vehicles
>map design made by literal 5 year olds
>color palette composed solely of brown, grey, and black

>ODST
>not a overpriced piece of shit with the one redeeming factor being MUH ATMOSPHERE and MUH COMFY

Best trilogy in gaming

Campaign
2 > ODST > Reach > 3 > 4 > CE > 5
Multiplayer/Custom Games
3 > 5 > 2 > CE > Reach > 4

Was this the omen that foretold the decline?

>reach and ODST's campaigns that fucking high
WHAT IS THE APPEAL?

Bungie no longer being involved was the omen.

ZBNS Reach was better than Halo 3. Don't bother giving me (You)s.

Halo has the 2 best campaign levels in the whole god damn series. Regret and Delta Halo. It has a weak start but it later becomes the best campaign in the whole series.

>ZBNS Reach was better than Halo 3.
Again, in literally what way?

The main gun shot in a straight line.
Health packs.
Forge was good enough to allow for decent designs without being bogged down by people focusing too much on making their map pretty.
More fun weapons.

ODST was great, what are you talking about?

>The main gun shot in a straight line.
And the other main gun was the most broken gun in the whole franchise surpassing the Magnum from CE. Just TRY to fly a banshee or walk literally anywhere on spire without getting bombarded by these no damage drop off, sniper rifle accuracy guns. Kills a Banshee in literally ONE clip.

>Health packs.
non-existant in multiplayer and about 3 of them are in each campaign level

>Forge was good enough to allow for decent designs without being bogged down by people focusing too much on making their map pretty.
Too bad everything that was made in it was already done in 3, but also didn't look like shit because every map had to be made in the same generic grassy field lagoon filled with the same grey textured objects. Halo reach forge maps are like having a permanent black and white filter on.

>More fun weapons.
What? The Plasma Cannon that auto locked on to enemies, requiring no skill to use whatsoever? Fun. The grenade launched was good, too bad that the DMR rendered literally anything that wasn't a sniper rifle or energy sword useless.

It had great levels for sure, but for me how the campaign just stopped when it got interesting and how the earth battles were just 2 levels at the beginning gave me serious blue balls. I would probably appreciate it more if I didn't ate the marketing up.

>complains about the DMR invalidating other weapons
>likes literally any other halo game
This isn't the series for you, bud.
The Banshee was still ridiculously powerful in the right hands, you just had to not play like a retard.

5 was good though, at least the MP.

4 on 4 halo 2 lan parties with two consoles; one in each room = best years of my teenage life

>posting rvb
>thinking 3 is the best
fuckin lmao

2>1>5>3
Kill yourself

The multiplayer is good for what it was made to do, and nothing more.

>The Banshee was still ridiculously powerful in the right hands, you just had to not play like a retard.
More like you just needed your enemies to not be retarded and to look up at the literal giant housefly and shoot it 15 times. Also
>likes CoD garbage like Reach
>tells others they are playing the wrong series
The DMR is objectively more OP than any other primary in the Halo series. It has more damage than even the Halo 2 BR with more accuracy, and completely no damage drop off unless you're attempting to shoot someone across forge world

Actual character development. Master chief is a stagnant character, you literally know everything there is to know about him after the first mission in CE. In Reach and ODST the characters are all unique and interesting, they show some character and play off each other, while in the main 3 you kind of just float about objective to objective as you're told, while cortana says some cringey shit that aged terribly. Also
>Mah suicide mission story
>Mah atmosphere and comfy aesthetic

Atmosphere.

Did they intentionally fuck this up so it wouldn't compete with 5?

>It has more damage than even the Halo 2 BR
No it doesn't.

>Master chief is a stagnant character, you literally know everything there is to know about him after the first mission in CE.
Chief is supposed to be a self-insert you moron. And he's still a thousand times better than the Rookie and Noble 6 who contribute absolutely no dialogue.

> In Reach and ODST the characters are all unique and interesting, they show some character and play off each other, while in the main 3 you kind of just float about objective to objective as you're told, while cortana says some cringey shit that aged terribly.
Who gives a shit? They have no charm whatsoever, They are all your generic military shooter soldiers with no personalities. Simply existent to move the plot forward and give the MUH DARK NARRATIVE some surprises with their sacrifices. Johnson and Cortana are much more memorable whilst also being less intrusive of the overall gameplay. I also like how you mention literally nothing about the gameplay of the games. You know these are shooters right?

>Reach’s cast has character
Literally who apart from Jorge?

And the levels themselves are fucking boring. No setpieces whatsoever and most encounters are just 3 brutes, one grunt and one jackal. Last mission is a literal defense mission. You can't make this shit up.

All of them are good except for one. That trash has not aged well

Well, aren’t we proud to be Captain Bringdown.

Don't be retarded.

This doesn't take into account the fact that the DMR's do absurd amounts of damage to the head which allows them to 3 shot. Of course BR's do this aswell, but they were regulated to bursts so if you missed one bullet in the burst you wouldn't 3 shot. And the BR was also less accurate, and had way less range. The DMR could 3 shot people across the whole god damn map of Boneyard

You're missing the BXR and Doubleshot killtimes.

I recall the last mission being you descending into the depth of the Earth (with a random cop for some reason) to rescue your superior officers girlfriend before he does?

>which allows them to 3 shot.

He's being an idiot, dude. Don't respond to him.

Halo 2 had best online multiplayer

>mfw 0.6 incoming
youtube.com/watch?v=bs_dKrnExJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntzur65KH9I
youtube.com/watch?v=2AUOLcJAGXw
youtube.com/watch?v=xfoDdF8kEFI

only played the first two on xbox. both were pretty boring but imo 2 was worse.

Terrible taste 2bh

For multiplayer, 3 > 2 > 1, and it's not particularly close. Keeping in mind 2 was an outstanding game, but 3 was the perfect FPS and also had a fantastic, active community which puts it in my top 5 games of all time.

>Sup Forums likes halo now

The gameplay was more or less the same, with ODST just having a weaker mc because he was a human and Reach having abilities that barely make a difference. Also, rookie's characterization came in the way he acted during cutscenes, dependant on player choices in game. Noble six got his characterization in mentions about him during dialogue and in game pick ups. He's literally a better spartan than master chief skill wise.
>Implying Buck, and the entirety of Noble team, except for Jun, weren't memorable.
Go fuck yourself. Cortana is shit btw, literally replayed CE 2 days ago and her dialogue is ludicrously cringey and half the game could have been avoided including the release of the flood, if she'd just told you what she knew instead of being a retarded bitch.

Yes? They 3 shot if you hit headshots, which is easy as fuck since they are the most accurate gun in the franchise bar the sniper rifle. This gun alone made fucking every map on Reach a hide behind corner and poke your head out for 2 seconds game.

I'd like to know where you're getting this information from, because it was always a 5-shot.

get fucked newfag. halo used to be the most detested thing on Sup Forums until cod 4 came along.

For multiplayer it's 1 > 3 > 2.
Online for 1 is still alive on PC and still a lot of fun.

thanks for reminding how bad this board used to be

Emile is edgy, Carter is the squad dad, Kat is the squad mom, Jun is just a shitbird, and noble six is literally supposed to be a stone faced killer that was sent around by his superiors to murder anything that they needed to get rid of, and his character reflects that.

Never played 1 on PC cuz I only had an Xbox at the time of its release, but 1 had a fantastic campaign.

(you) ODST had more set pieces than the original trilogy combined and you know this.

And 's next line will be:
"For bodyshots, yeah"

Shouldn't this be a clear indication that it's time for you to move on?

>Reach having abilities that barely make a difference.
Fucking retarded. Armor lock completely killed the balance of the game making every shootout 10 seconds longer. And nerfing all vehicles into the ground, which the DMR was already fucking in the ass. Sprint made every fight that were in CQ result in 2 melee hits because an enemy player from the other side of the room could sprint to you before you can turn around after your radar signals you. Evade also did this as the it made hitting the player near impossible unless you had a shotgun and as much as the name implies it's supposed to be used defensively. It was bar none the best offensive armor ability in the game granting you a free kill if you evading at someone and tapped melee button 2 times.

Please, I'm begging you Reachfag. Enlighten me in literally anyway how the Reach cast was memorable. They were the most basic as military drama cast you could get. All gruff as fuck with no personality outside their armor.
>cringy
Ah, now I see. I'm arguing with a underage.

Go replay it, aged terribly.

>Kat is the squad mom
If I had that one image of the skeleton saying what, I'd use it here. Instead, I'll have to settle for this macro.

>All gruff as fuck with no personality outside their armor
Gorge alone had more personality than everyone from the original trilogy. Also, if yoy don't think Cortana has cringey dialogue, go replay CE, she's the worst character in the series.

The rest of it is you just being bad, the entire time I played reach, I never had an issue with this.

I did replay it. It's still wonderful with great ai, large open levels, great variety in enemies, good pacing, and the good kind of challengin when played on Legendary, not the bullshit kind like the 1 hit kill jackals of halo 2.

Not him, but no, it's a clear indication that this place is not inhabited with the original users, and has in fact changed both in identity, and in population.

In conclusion; you have to go back.

So they are all basic personalities you can find in any piece of media? Emile wasn't
>edgy
You'e just saying that because of the skull, he was just as generic and boring as the rest of the group.

More than half the game is backtracking, the vehicles handled like shit making the last part of the last level an absolute shit fest compared to the same sequence in 3, the entire trilogy could have been avoided if cortana wasn't shit. Other than that, it is solid.
But legendary is Bullshit where you use the plasma pistol the entire time and you can't convince me otherwise.

>it's a clear indication that this place is not inhabited with the original users
You just said it, it's time for you to move on.

>Gorge alone had more personality than everyone from the original trilogy.
Elaborate. The only notable thing he does is sacrifice himself like the rest of the group does to add to the whole MUH DARK theme that this piece of shit had.

Even if yoy consider them to be generic, which they definitely are to a degree, they were still better than the characters in the original 3.

Dude, as history moves on, people begin to realize that just because a game represents something infuriating to a lot of hardcore gamers, it doesn't make those games bad. WOW, COD and Skyrim are stagnant as fuck and representative of a lot of bad shit over the years of vidya existing, but that doesn't make them bad or unfun games.

>I never had an issue with this.
Apparently over 7,000,000 did as after Reach the sales of the series fucking plummeted

CE has best campaign
2 was the most impressive sequel
3 had best multiplayer
ODST has a good soundtrack though rest is forgettable
Reach has a good soundtrack and multiplayer though not the best

>they were still better than the characters in the original 3.
How? You're the only person I know of that even gives a shit about them. Most people still love Johnson and The Arbiter, and beg 343 to bring them back. Nobodies has done the same for Reach's or ODST's casts. The fucking -marines in 1-3 were much more memorable than a single member of noble team

He's pretty much the only person in Reach to show emotion beyond "irritated frustration". Sure, the game's storytelling hurts him just as much as the rest of the cast, but he's still a likable character: a SPARTAN-II native to Reach, surrounded by vengeful, apathetic SPARTAN-IIIs, fighting for not just humanity, but for his home and all three of his "families".

Why do I give a shit? The description you given me could apply to a character straight out of a CoD game.

Dude, he's at least Gears of War worthy. Step off the fucking edge.

3 > 1 > 2 > ODST >>>>>>>>>>> Shit > Reach > 5 > 4

Covenant carbine > BR > DMR >>>>> A-shit rifle

*Ass salt

Reach is the best Halo

You got that completely backwards

sup faggots

Not really the ">" arrow thingy means the thing on the left is superior to the thing on the right.

3>Reach>ODST>1>2--------------- I didn't play the rest because 4 looked trash

Objectively: 2>3>1>ODST> Halo Wars >4>Reach>5

What games have Chief as a cameo character?t

I miss old Arby and the Chief

Good taste

>He fell for the "Halo 5's campaign is bad, so it's multiplayer must be good, r-right?" meme

What sucked about ODST is it was ORIGINALLY to be DLC. Had it been released for $10 cheaper and as a DLC to 3 it would have gone down as the greatest DLC in history. Instead it was remembered as a 6 hour campaign only game with a horde mode, which is unfortunate because for all its shortcomings it was brilliant for atmosphere.

2 had the best mp because of the button combos

>this thread didn't turn into an RvB discussion
Sup Forums is fucking gay