Would a good tutorial in this game fix the genrally low skilled player base...

Would a good tutorial in this game fix the genrally low skilled player base, or does the nature of Tekken itself mean that players will always gravitate towards character specfic strats and ignore FUNdamentals?

OP, if you are looking for a good fighting game to master, Tekken isn't it. People will try to do infinite juggles whenever possible.

lol

>Low skilled playerbase

What?

Fighting games are only FUN when played locally anyway.

t. someone who has never played Tekken

probably a green rank scrub.

I don't know why Tekken has the rep for juggling when the damage per move is off the charts.

Is it you who comes into every Tekken thread and talks about color coded online ranks when the game is criticized or is there more than one person?

Why Noctis, why?

Tekken really needs a tutorial, there's so much that you have to figure our yourself or scour through youtube videos to find out. Giving players easy access to important information is always a good thing

Because shit in Tekken actually deals damage so it's possible to actually fucking end rounds in two good combos that don't last very long, unlike in ArcSys fighters where combo damage is shit relative to how long they take to execute.

Suck my dick bitch, I play games for fun and learning off my own matches is all I need. I ain't studying to play video games the fuck you think this is?

Nothing is worse than MVCI where you do 40% of a character's health bar int the first 5 seconds of the combo then an extra 20% in the next 20 seconds

Daily reminder that slut is the only relevant thing from her franchise

Then don't go in the tutorial you fucking moron. Having a clear tutorial in the game would benefit so many players.

There's so much shit that has no explanation like button buffering, low/high crushes, multithrow breaks, counter hit properties, and the list goes on. Bamco is really shooting themselves in the foot on this, especially when there's games like GGxrd that has a huge tutorial that goes from the basics to really specific situations

I fucking hate how fighting games have latched onto protracted combos as a selling point. I actually like higher damage and shorter rounds.

Okay

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, MvC and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

Tekken is hard as fuck

Maybe, what pisses me off is that the game give you some important advice in the hints between loading times, why the hell they would do that and not making a proper tutorial? They could even use that shit story mode to teach some very important stuff.

There's only one 1-button combo that I know of in tekken 7 that's even worth mentioning and it's not even close to a max damage combo. Not only that but rage arts are extremely easy to block in neutral and only add maybe 10% more damage as a combo finisher.

This is another textbook scrub complaining post, whining about big damage combos while conveniently ignoring that the meat of tekken is in the movement and spacing. If you button mash against anyone other than your little sister you are going to get punished over and over again by a player with an actual brain

It's just a copypasta, don't bother

there is actually a reason they dont: a huge tutorial will scare off casuals.

>Tfw got demoted back to green ranks
It hurts bros

I think casuals jumping into online, then getting bodied over and over with no idea what to do is more off-putting than an optional tutorial

Colored rank is all anyone talks about in the general so there a gotta be more than one.

Yeah but even JDCR has said a ttutorial would be a good thing so I'll trust one of the best in the world over you.

I don't think it will fix the low skill because the game requires a lot of knowledge in match ups..Example being which strings you can duck, side step, punish etc. That kind of stuff you don't usually find in tutorials. A tutorial will help new players get in the game a bit easier, however.

So was he.

All these criticisms are retarded and the real problem for new players is the mountain of initial difficulty that it takes to learn opponent strings.

If you watch high level play you usually see each player only throw out a select few moves, a fraction of the 100s each character has. That's because most strings that they dont use have clear weaknesses that aren't immediately obvious unless you've seen it before and know what beats it. But then obviously scrubs aren't going to know how to counter them, and they'll get demolished by 1 or 2 strings over and over again.

It's the fault of it being a long legacy game with most veteran players learning this stuff over years and years, and new players being thrown into a game with 10+ years of shit added over the sequels. No tutorial will ever be able to fix this.

Color coded online ranks just mean you won like 15 matches of ranked

He makes a fair point here, how are you going to complain about the "low skill" playerbase, there are good players out there

Tutorials in Fighting games are just a meme. Guilty Gear's comprehensive tutorials didn't really have a huge impact considering its playerbase. There are tons of resources online, so if anyone who has the competitive drive and is willing to invest the resources he is able to do so.

Although it definetely wouldn't hurt to have one. These games are created with the competitive crowd in mind, why the fuck aren't tutorials, framedata and such not standard by now

The training mode is actually not bad for this, you can set the opponent to sidestep/crouch as soon as actionable so you can see which of your strings are unsafe, but it would be nice if it mentioned any of that in game

Explain.

I've been playing fighting games for a long time and never have I gotten so good with so little time in the lab, because I feel like it's right in front of you what a character's effective moves are and then it comes down to simple fighting game fundamentals.

Which isn't to say that I'm complaining, I actually really like how intuitive the game is, I just don't see what's supposed to be so hard about it.

I'd say the amount of knowledge you need to be able to punish specific characters makes it hard to learn, along with the fact that you can get punished extremely hard for small mistakes.

It's hard to beat someone who knows every single thing about your character and knows exactly which moves to punish and when they have frame advantage etc.

fighting games tend to have weak playerbases because people with scrub mentality can't handle losing

In almost every fighting game I've played the usual bread and butter combos knock off approximately 1/3 of your total health, and Tekken really isn't any different with its juggles. Any damage above that usually comes with defensive options, so it's not guaranteed, or it's from taking advantage of stage elements.

You're 100% right, but I consider that to be an experience barrier rather than something that has to earned.

So do Bamco have to pay royalties to Tecmo for Lars being a Hayate rip off?

t. someone who is bad at Tekken

Does anyone play this on Xbox?

I do.

It's on sale for like 30 britbongbucks and I'm thinking of buying it.

Are there a lot of people playing?

What makes him a Hayate rip off?

It's no bustling but you can get games.

I'll probably get it then. Appreciate the input.

Like, honestly, the only thing I can see is brown hair and they both had amnesia at one point.

Hayate does virtually all of Lars' key moves.

Can I get some examples, I'm just not seeing it. Hayate's stance is completely different, and just the difference between DOA's floaty animations and Tekken's rigid ones don't translate well.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I do want to see a comparison.

>people will try to do infinite juggles whenever possible

so just like every other fighting game?

I don't know what you want me to do here, I'm not going to make gifs.

Nah that's fair, I was asking for too much. I don't think I've played enough DOA to see the similarities.

I know you probably meant it as a joke, anyway, but I find Lars to be an established enough character on his own.

>fighting Bryan
>know snake edges are coming
>even have an idea of when to expect them
>watch the animation start just when you thought it would
>still just stand there like an idiot
>get launched, combod, and KO'd
>go on a huge loss streak against a single Bryan
>ragequit
>come back 10 minutes later and play again
every time

>fighting anyone
>know low attacks are coming
>even have an idea of when to expect them
>start blocking before the animation start just when you thought it would
>still get hit because because of the input delay + online

That's honestly more of a problem for the casuals than other players. The only thing people want to do now is just jump into ranked and try to climb, which is fine. But, fighting games are the worst place for it because a scrub/casual doesn't know enough about the game/genre to deal with other players.

I played the tutorial in BlazBlue for like 3 hours and still don't understand it or play any better than I did at the start. So no, I doubt it would help Tekken. Casuals don't have the patience to sit through it anyway.

No? Tf you mean a tutorial? Having the move list on the pause menu alone is way more than you got with fighting games back in the day.

Hell, Tekken 7 now just straight up lists the input commands for like 5 juggles for each character.

They need to get Aris to do tutorial videos for the game his short guides are how I learned to play the game.

I want a dynamic Aris coaching system so his voice can teach me tech and call me a little bitch when I fuck up.

spooky is streaming vampire saviour

twitch dot tv teamsp00ky
get in hear faggots

>spooky
>dead 2d fighter
>twitch stream
no thanks

whoops i guess it's just on spooky's stream. commentary knows what their talking about. the skillion is a monthly(?) in ny for vsav
also
>he doesnt use streamlink