From where you're kneeling must seem like an eighteen carat run of bad luck

From where you're kneeling must seem like an eighteen carat run of bad luck.
Truth is, the New Vegas thread was rigged from the start.

I know this is a FNV thread but I just wanted to go by and say that apart from the cool world, F1 and 2 are utter shite.

1st for grenade machinegun

Stuck in old world blues and dropped

New Vegas in new engine when?

I'll never understand how the Courier managed to become such a killing machine after getting shot in the head.

Can't be as bad as my latest playthrough. Stuck in an endless loop of taking gas damage 2/3s of the way through Dead Money and my last safe save is right before starting.

you're not wrong.

You're wrong

Change in personality after severe brain trauma? The 9mm probably tore some stuff up but also severed inhibitors in the brain. Or imagine being so fucking pissed that you just want to kill

To quote Old Ben: "Shit indeed happens."

you could just use the console to fi that. or are you on xbox or something

Can you guys fuck off to /vg/ for once and for all.

Revenge.

Mens' sheer determination is motivated by one of three things: pussy, revenge and honor.

>Archive Invalidation fucks up the clean shaven hairstyle even with no body replacers/hair replacers/face replacers.
help

All Fallout games are bad, what's your point?

What if my Courier is a girl?

no thanks go away and filter the thread moron

[s]d[/s]

On PC. Was just hoping to enter some gas, toggle god mode on, leave the gas and turn it off and hope it would work. Just killed my buzz of playing through it

What would you recommend?

No, FO1 has some of the best characters in vidya.

Game is linear as shit every playthrough you go to primm, mojave outpost, nipton, novac like clockwork. So exciting to see one line of dialog change because I have 40 explosives

Load your save before starting dead money and move on with your life

Player characters are always ridiculously competent.

>Not rushing quarry like a bull headed big balls having ass kicking legion slaying ncr crushing courier motherfucker

Pleb desu

>nv

lol

>he’s never taken the stealth boys and snuck past the cazadores and go to NV in 30 mins from the start of the game

It changed my play through

And Lanius notes that you have two gunshot wounds on your temple.

>he never went straight to the Divide at level 1

She still likes pussy

isn't there a whole board for recurring video game general threads

Those faggots only talk about fallout 4

I spent so much time scavenging shit in the villa it seems like a shame to just drop it and move on. Although it wasn't particularly fun. Any of it.

Nothing there is worth keeping.

L
E
T

G
O

She did

Can you fellas help me out? I want to get a gigantic, comprehensive list of pros and cons for each faction in New Vegas. Why Yes Man, NCR, Legion, and House are all good/bad
I want to truly understand which one is the best

Why do you keep making a general on Sup Forums for this shitty game when /vg/ exists?

Yes Man is whatever you want it to be. He just points you at a bunch of factions and you can either use diplomacy or wipe them all out.

But that's total shit, Yes Man always end up being a complete failure ending, as expected of a fail safe ending

So I finally bought the dlc after playing vanilla to death any build recommendations for going through them?

Okay, here we go. Since I ignore your political stance I'll try to name everything I can think of and leave it up to you to choose if you like what you see.

NCR
>democracy
>prosperous
>peaceful
>well intended
>corrupt
>over expanding
>might collapse if it gets a hold of Vegas
>chases after Enclave members whose involvement with it comes from family
>imperialist

Legion
>brutal
>dictatorship
>cult of image; Caesar follows ideas but the Legion follows Caesar
>risk of collapsing as soon as Caesar dies
>well protected roads
>complete subjugation to the state
>most prepared to survive in the wilderness
>not dependent on old world technology to survive

House
>pragmatic
>holds no grudges
>his enemies are just obstacles
>only cares for Vegas
>leaves the Mojave on its own
>will deploy security as personal favors
>more focused on securing the future rather than working on the present
>nostalgia has led him to make mistakes that could cost him his life
>dependent on machinery to survive

Yes Man
>no rising nations
>every settlement remains independent from any goverment
>Vegas is open to everybody
>securitrons keep people from lording over each other
>will only protect people on Vegas
>Mojave is the same it was before NCR and Legion came

Just started playing New vegas bounties 2 and holy shit is it good. Any other quest mods worth checking out? I will probably play everything made by someguy2000, so preferably made by another author.

>>nostalgia has led him to make mistakes that could cost him his life
I don't remember this at all, elaborate please?
Otherwise thank you for that post

the whole point of the game is for you to figure that out on your own.

So that means no discussion?

The only real problem I had with fallout 1 and 2 is the combat jumps between everything kicking your ass, and then suddenly you curbstomp everything with no real strategy in either. Characters and worldbuilding was good though.

It's just a wild west independent ending where people are free and no group is lording over them

NCR=Probably the closest to "the good guys". Bureaucracy n' shit, expand too fast and can't hold all their territories together, but they're pretty much the only stable government 200 years after the War
Legion=I mean, slaves, putting people in crosses... While Caesar is a person of knowledge most of his people are nothing more than common bandits and raiders. Their territories back East may be paradises but we don't get to see them and they give a bad first impression so fuck 'em
House=Megalomaniac asshole. Doesn't give a damn about normal people, only about his dreams about the Old World and what he may be able to do in the future. Also makes you exterminate every faction that doesn't agree with him
Yes Man=Literally depends entirely on your Courier's personality. If he's the worst psychopath this side of the States then Vegas is screwed, if you're a good person but only know how to be a typical errand boy with no leader skills the Mojave may be better off in NCR control. If you've played the DLCs, understand why certain people failed in what they did, the state of Vegas, and generally think you'll put the interest of Vegas in front of everuthing, go with yourself and rig the game

So can we all agree the best ending is Yes Man? The games theme is letting go of the past, learning from it, and trying something new.

The Omertas, for example. They are only allowed to exist because they remind House of how Vegas was in his youth. No matter the harm they cause to the city, the fact that they plot to kill the entire population of Vegas for Caesar's Legion or the fact that slavery is enabled in Vegas thanks to them using drugs to keep their whores and thugs under control.
He needed a brutish tribe to complete the illusion of past Vegas. He could have stuck to the tribe of Elvis imitators to obtain a Vegas feel, but he wanted the real despicable experience.

>Yes Man is a complete failure ending
Unless you really fuck it up literally everyone besides the followers of the apocalypse can have a happy outcome. And even then the followers are just where they were in the beginning

Why would anyone choose to allow Lanius's retreat at Hoover Dam? surely, even with 100 speech, it'd be a better option to simply gun him down then and there (assuming Vulpes and Caesar are already dead) to ensure that the Legion becomes dismantled allowing for NCR victory, right?

>NCR=Probably the closest to "the good guys"
This is what I hate. They're shown to have their problems but literally everyone benefits in their ending if you play your cards right, even the fucking Enclave will benefit.

You find plenty of resources to survive throughout the dlc if you explore even a little so I don't understand how you got yourself into that situation to begin with

Rolling my third playthrough. Doing stealth/yes man thing. Love the game, but only persistent complaint I have is the lack of weapon modding

Oh right, I keep forgetting that the houses on the strip are literally tribals in suits, that's a good point user

Absolutely

This, especially with Fallout 2.

Fallout 2 Early Game: Running from most encounters and scraping by the ones you don't run from

Fallout 2 mid-to-late game: Gunning down fucking everything without a scratch

unless you purposefully make a gimped character it's hard to have a playthrough that isn't like this.

That you're a mouth breathing underage and that you should shut the fuck up when adults are speaking

go and see the shitshow that is the Fallout general yourself, /vg/ is a hellhole where games go to die.
Do you honestly think these threads are worse than the console war / gaming "journalism" / race baiting threads that make up 90% of the catalogue?

Been a while since I last did a NCR ending, but I think Goodsprings struggles under the taxes and a few of the old timers have to leave.

Other than that basically everyone gets a great ending.

well you shouldn't be in a discussion about the factions if you don't "truly understand" them.

The enclave are just a bunch of old farts they aren't gonna restore the organization or anything.

>Fallout 2 mid-to-late game: Gunning down fucking everything without a scratch

You can take on 7 man enclave teams without a scratch?

The problem is that I'm taking constant gas damage while not even in the gas. No amount of stimpacks or purified water is going to keep me alive forever.

Unless you don't care about NCR victory, are neutral, and have the whole "honor in batlle" thing going on. Being face to face with the fiercest warrior on the legion and having a philosophical conversation with him in kind of good therms is rather nice

Mr. House will always be my favorite choice. For one, I love the character, I love the voice actor and he has some of the best dialogue in the game.

It's impossible not to romanticize Vegas in the game, so when House does it, I can't help but agree. I don't need to be an autocrat, I'm happy living out my days as House's 2nd in command, living the good life in Vegas while at least trying to make things somewhat better for future generations, while enjoying what time I have left in luxury.

Nothing can be fixed for the Courier, he's not going to see a significant enough change that the world finds itself returning to normalcy. NCR would make things better for more people, but House would make things better long term.

I've had NV in my Steam acc for years now, but never assed myself to play it. What are some mods equivalent to STALKER's AMK or maybe even some of the crazier mods? I'm talking additional weapons, additional enemy NPCs, additional quests, additional random events, that sort of thing. Not too interested in gfx overhauls.

Lonesome roads ending is in some ways the not official ending of fallout itself. The fact it's the only time it changes "war never changes" is what makes it for me. To me the line in all the games wasn't a statement, it was a challenge. Could you prove that humanity could change? And if you follow the independent ending, you prove that humanity can change and try something new. "If war can't change, then men have to, through the roads they walk." Theres always gonna be more fallouts considering its a cash cow now, but this is how the story really ends for me.

Yeah, I do like the speech options you can have with him. I just figure it'd be a bit weird for an NCR aligned character to allow him to retreat. I can see why anyone who doesn't give a shit about the NCR would tho.

Take the quest from the centurion at the docks to collect fingers and pass enough speech checks to get Legion to "accepted". Then turn in 30 fingers at once to get "liked" and access to the legion safehouse. Stealth kill random NCR troopers at the outposts since they respawn for easy fingers. Then get vilified by the Legion so you can farm their hit squads for the higher tiered gear as you continue about your business. Get to liked with the NCR and Brotherhood next for access to safehouses, gear, etc. Then get vilified by the NCR to get Ranger gear from their hit squads. Finally enter the strip and talk to House resetting your negative rep to neutral while having all the benefits from previously. From there, complete stuff for the Legion that won't piss the NCR off and vice versa, then end up supporting House at the end of the game.
Maximize your rewards. It's the only way I play the game.

Because people like Lanius have other stories to live through.

>Avoid those encounters with your trusty car
>Get power armor by passing an easy as shit speech check
>Go to san fran and get the gauss rifle
The enclave hit squads really werent that tough, especially if you were properly equipped and had at least sulik in your team with a decent smg.

>For one, I love the character, I love the voice actor and he has some of the best dialogue in the game.

Yes. I love that he's an autist who likes to collect snow globes and has a robot harem.

I tend to lean more towards House because, at large, I think he can cause the least hard to the whole wasteland if things don't go as planned.
I mean, if the NCR or Legion get a hold of Vegas they have basically earned themselves a few more decades of existence, and that could very well mean fucking up at one point and getting everyone killed.
House keeps Vegas isolated, which might be the best for everyone involved. He's also feeding some electricity to the NCR, so it's not like he'll kill them. They will have access to Vegas's benefits, only under his watch, which I find no issue with.

Sure don't get me wrong, IF you're NCr aligned not killing him is literally the worst decision you could do, even worse if you've killed Caesar before

I never bothered getting the car.

Literally /ourguy/

The concentrated gas damage or the hardcore mode dot?

You're correct, this was it
Everything is so stacked to favor the NCR. You can get the Brotherhood to like them, the Enclave, the Followers, even the fucking Kings
Plus, the only companions that so much as tolerate the Legion are Rex, Lily, ED-E, and Raul, and even then Raul's reason is just they never did anything to hurt him. I've never seen anything wrong in game with choosing NCR, bad dies, good lives. The issue is they're entirely wrong and the wasteland would be better off with even the Legion, so why didn't the developers make it more neutral?

Letting Lanius live is basically the only way the legion will be taken down. But you would need to kill ceaser as well. With lanius in charge theres gonna be a massive change in leadership which ultimately leads to infighting due to how incompetent he is as a leader. Killing him just means someone actually competent like vulpes will get in charge. The ncr needs to understand that you cant solve all problems by shooting it in the head.

Just play through it unmodded for your first playthrough faggot unless you really want some shrek looking enemies that a 16 year old modder made. How do you know you want all that additional shit if you havent even played the base game

Play vanilla with a bugfix mod first.

Up to the part with house literally exactly how I played, I wanted as much special shit as possible
I didn't go with house because if you went with Yes Man Ulysses gives you a cooler looking jacket

I like how in Fallout 4 they regurgitate that phrase so many times it becomes tiresome. The main character even says it into a microphone in concord if you find the right building. Like it was made by teenagers.

Either Avellone or Sawyer said that Lonesome Road's themes is how they'd like future Fallouts to continue. We all know Bethesda will keep on selling post apocalyptic CoD but oh well

I played Fo3 at release and enjoyed it enough to know I'd enjoy New Vegas. I've perused many NV threads in the past, I know I'd dig on it.

But I'm not asking for the amateur enemy packs, I'm asking you folks for the ones you find quality in. Not some random ass crap pack where the ragdolls bug out more than usual considering gambryo.

>Kill house
>Have high strip rep anyway
>"Courierwhyyousupporthousehesatvlolyoufaggotstoplivinginthepast"
>All my options are to defend the man I killed months ago

>not installing the alignment fix mod

Lonesome Road was just a disappointment honestly, I don't know what they expected in giving the Courier a backstory, I like him as a pure blank slate RPG at its finest

I honestly like introducing that part of their backstory into my roleplaying. It forces me to get a bit more creative.

Not playing on hard core. Just happened to walk through some gas and walked out, didn't realize I kept the debuff. A quicksave and walking through a couple doors later and I'm fucked.

I went modless first time through, I do that now. Ironically I never went independant since then so I dont know what he says to independant couriers

Fair enough, but I still disliked Lonesome Road
In all fairness nothing could top Old World Blues, that should've been the last one, go out with a bang

>IF you're NCr aligned not killing him is literally the worst decision you could do, even worse if you've killed Caesar before

Why?

You should be killing Ulysses anyway for wasting everyone's time throwing a shitfit about literally nothing.

I really enjoy the finality that comes with Lonesome Road, though. And while it irks me how much it punishes pacifist players. All DLCs do, but Lonesome Road is a real bastard about it by making the entire DLC fighting.
I enjoy the fighting, though. I also like the themes they touched upon at the end.
I might just be in the minority here.

>Get F:NV and install some essential mods
>spend hours creating character
>do mandatory main mission then some side missions
>come to the point where i have to choose a side (legion, yes man, house etc)
>can't decide what to do
>close game
>months later
>itchin' to play F:NV
>Create new save and do the whole cycle again
>reach the same dilemma
>close game

never was able to finish the game. im shit with choices

desu you probably have to be a bit of a badass to be a courier in a post apocalyptic setting, especially in ncr territory

>Play all the dlcs in order
>Get hyped as fuck with all the hints towards uly
>Finally hear his voice in that audio log in old world blues
>Finally play Lonesome Road
>Its just a bunch of corridors filled with damage sponge enemies while uly just says "Bear and Bull" over and over.