ITT: Games that eases/cures depression

ITT: Games that eases/cures depression

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9FmXz10HcDI&list=PLA39A03B6FBD9F81F&index=33
vice.com/en_us/article/bnp8dm/max-payne-was-the-game-that-understood-my-depression-233
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

His smile brought back mine.

Bump

I just want a hotel dusk thread with 300 or more replies. Is that too much to ask for?

Never played it, does it emulate well?

I think it depresses me more, since it reminds me of Cing's bankruptcy.

I even replay "again" once in a while to get my dose

Love both this and last window it's a shame they went bankrupt. These games are fucking max comfy.

Hotel Dusk and Last Window were well thought out vidya, issa shame Cing didn't produce more since they went bust. Chase Cold Case Investigations has a budget Hyde and only has one case.

I've played through it emulated on my android phone and it runs pretty well.

In fact, I would recommend emulating it on some kind of handheld device since the game is orientated in playing + reading it like a book.

I have a paperclip

Hotel Dusk is my favorite DS game. We never got Last Window

literally is the definition of a visual novel, hah

It made me severely depressed that we're never getting a conclusion to Kyle's saga.

It ends just like that, a big fucking cliffhanger

>not importing it

After donating the scarlet star, Kyle Hyde received a shitton of good karma, married Rachel, caused Ed another heartattack and raised children.

Another Code was fucking shit. It sucks because Ashley a cute and Hotel Dusk was awesome.

Yeah, thought for some parts it will get trick if you're emulating.

Like there's this one part where you have to blow on a mic, this one where you have to touch 2 places at once, some where you have to close the nintendo DS lid.

Some of them are light spoilers but just be aware that you might need some trickery to progress those parts when you get stuck

It hurts so bad

Post your favorite character animation

I can dream dammit ;(

Even considering how oversized it all is, her shoulders always seemed too wide.

It's a chubby kid wearing an oversized jacket

We will never know what happened to him

We're never going to see a 3rd episode where he and Kyle finally take Nile down

;_;

>tfw not a problem solving wanderer meeting a bunch of interesting people in a more interesting, yet still very real world with all the bad that brings.

Looks like it's time for a replay. I'm trying to hang in there boys. Good luck to you on your way.

youtube.com/watch?v=9FmXz10HcDI&list=PLA39A03B6FBD9F81F&index=33

this series always cheers me up

ironically, since this series has so many sad moments

Most of the DS library does this for some reason

Even the cheesy Atelier game

The Max Payne series in general.

1 is about vengeance
2 is about loss
3 is about rediscovery

vice.com/en_us/article/bnp8dm/max-payne-was-the-game-that-understood-my-depression-233

I liked P.Layton and 999 should i try it?

I need to finish last window, cant be asked to sit down despite blazing through Dusk
>It ends just like that, a big fucking cliffhanger
Wait what

>some where you have to close the nintendo DS lid
woah i just picked up Hotel Dusk for my 2ds (yes i know im a fag) can i still beat it?

Kyle solves the mystery of the building, but the criminal ring Nile is still on the loose.

I'm so sorry for you, you're about to experience a satisfying game conclusion but you will forever feel the phantom pain of the series not ending

Nope.

Man I was just thinking about this game earlier today. I wish it was on the 3DS eshop, I owned the DS cart but I dunno where it is and I don't think I ever got a chance to play Last Window.

O_O Holy shit, you are correct.

Absolutely, my dude

yes

not even flipping the sleep switch on works?

Given that closing the DS lid puts it to sleep the sleep switch on the 2DS should trigger the same effect.

Can we talk about how White and Foster were both separate foils to Hyde's personality taken to extremes?
>White represents his feelings towards his father and is wearing a suit
>Foster lost his partner and is looking for revenge against the people who took him. Represents Kyle's feelings about Brady and is unshaven and wearing a cheap jacket.
>Kyle has both of their backstories without a drive for revenge and is wearing an outfit like a mix of theirs
That's how I saw it at least. That was really cool.

thanks user i was worried for a bit

Katamari Damacy cures all sadness

I finished the game a while back but I'm still kind of confused on certain plot points. Somebody mind giving a summary on the game's lore?