What is your stance towards piracy Sup Forums?

What is your stance towards piracy Sup Forums?

whatevs

I like free shit.

there is no benefit to buying games
piracy gives me repacks so i can download the same games for less gigs

It's awesome

As a pirate, I feel moral superiority towards people who buy games and keep this shitty industry alive.

Fine for older games since they're basically abandonware sometimes

>I like being a nigger and not giving devs their due
ftfy

>being racist
>in 2017

Games are overpriced and companies making them are full of sjw scumbags so yeah, I use it all the time. I am 27 years old and have never paid for a video game in my life.

If the industry is so shit why are you consuming it's products

Piracy is like masturbation. It's ok to do it but in poor taste to advertise when you do.

Why cant I find a working version of that lady layton game? The first time I can go into one of these blind...

Life is too short to spend money on anything other than food and bills. Would rather pirate entertainment and work less.

I feel it's somewhat morally acceptable if the game is made difficult to get, is older than at least 5 years, and the publisher/developer won't get a decent amount of money for it anyway. It's different depending on the game and who made it.

>being a pedophile
>in 2017
ISHYGDDT

>implying devs are due anything at all

I’ll buy games from devs I feel need support for their effort.
But your typical AAA shit, EA, Activision orUbisoft, I’ll pirate on principal alone, then never play cause theyre always pretty much shit.
I have pirated some games and enjoyed them so much I’ve bought a copy and then never played them, just to saite my guilt.
I’m not a very good pirate...

>devs their due

how about they get a real fucking job if they want money.

I stopped torrenting because streaming movies illegally is easier and safer, there are no games worth pirating, and paid music streaming is reasonably priced and convenient

Only overpriced AAA games.

Paradox has a ultrajew structure and I don't want to pay for a dozen 15 dollar "expansions" that are really just pieces of a whole game.

Everyone here is pro-piracy except the shills.

Try before you buy

Or sometimes I was never going to buy the game anyway and just want a few hours of fun in singleplayer (call of duty games)

Kinda weird, but I don't really pirate games after Steam became what it is.

Generally being behind the curve so to speak also means most games I play are on sale or significantly reduced in price.

have you seen how much shit DLC there is for CK2?

Paradox are a joke now, too lazy to finish their games so they release casualized half assed products(HoI4, Stellaris) and hope the DLC fixes it later, fuck them.

The only correct answer.

I buy cheap games on steam since i don't like having malware and bitcoin miners on my PC :^)

When the majority of black people stop acting like trash then maybe ill stop being racist.

This.

Devs are real software developers and they get paid biweekly like the rest of us programmers. When you buy a vidya, you're putting money into the Jewish money purses of publishers. Take a long walk off a short pier, publisher shill.

The only reason why a poor third worlder like me can play any modern game

best torrent sites? after kat and extra went down Im having a hard time finding another one

Gaben has already taught us that in order to beat piracy, you must offer a product better than the pirates. There's about 20 different free WoW classic servers, but people are excited to play blizzard's.

I don't care
Warez will always exist
Everything can be cracked
People are crying for MUH PIRACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY where 95% of a game budget was spent on marketing and games are stagnant, fuck all interesting things are coming out
If people made good games I would buy them

Only true of the big publishers which you shouldn't be playing their shitty ass games anyway.

I used to pirate every game that released and at one point gaming lost it charm because I had so many fucking games I didn't know what to play.

I stopped doing that and I am enjoying vydia a lot more. It also kinda feels better that I got those games with my money and get a bigger desire to play them.

Not here to change anyone's mind. I do support people who pirate because they can't afford vydia.

use tpb

It's become such a chore and modern games are so bad and incomplete on release that I rarely bother anymore.
Just wait 2-3 years then get it on gog for $5.

This.

I only pirate movies
buy games

I personally avoid it for any new or still supported games, but I don't really mind when other people do. It only bothers me when it's a good game that sold poorly or when someone acts smug about it.

rarbg

its fun with friends

>he doesn't boast about his masturbation habits
What's it like being a massive newfag?

I see piracy somewhat justified only when there is no convenient, legal way in your country to get the game. As far as video games go, that's mostly stuff that isn't available outside Japan.

Tpb is still going strong

Just always use a VPN

somehow there hasn't been one private server with competent staff/half decent code. no one trusts private servers after nostalrius/elysium/(insert small mismanaged private server here)

I don't pirate PS4 games as I play online with friends
Everything else is whatever
Sometimes purchase humble bundles

People value their time more than their money, so they're pay (to an extent) for quick and simple ways to get what they want even if a free option exists.

>People value their time more than their money

If that sentence were true, Sup Forums would have like 99% less shitposters.

PIRASY IS OK

Kind of was in the same boat. There's too many games and you end up trying those for 10 minutes or something. I know it's fucking stupid to pay for a game that you feel obligated to play it to the end. I think at least for me it was mostly because I only got maybe a game or two in year as a kid, so it made you appreciate it more. Even back then some of those were pirated games bought from somewhere.

I've used tpb for a while and never gotten a letter, no vpn. Am I just not pirating "high profile" enough things?

I would download a fucking car if I could.

how big would be the download?

also depends on if ur isp is a shitter
some will just send endless warning letters, some won't bother

It's easy to do, noone can stop me and I just don't care

why not use a vpn there are free ones with plenty of bandwidth to do anything

Taking advantage of it before the world turns to shit in my old age and it cost money to breath or take a piss.

About 2 TireBytes

>using TPB in 2017

>devs their due

I guess I just never saw the point in setting one up. If I ever got a warning I would

its cool that i can get things for free

It's okay to be a pirate

and what if you get one and its too late

I use it as a demo

I refuse to pay for toys and I won't play a game on PC unless I can pirate it

The only problem I have is that installing them is usually too frustrating for me and I end up deleting the pirated games without playing at all.

This. I can use the money saved for my other hobbies/

Oh you

But indie games suck and I don't want to support them

Sometimes I pirate, sometimes I don't. Government don't give no fucks, so it's alright. Wether I pirate or don't? Depends on the publisher. If Platinum or CDPR releases a game you bet your ass I'm buying that shit.

It is alright if you are pirating old games for emulation, since they are hard to come by depending on where you are, to go around region locking or if you want to check out a game before you buy it.

cant argue with that logic
so do I, emulators are also great

the current humble bundle is $30 with 100% going to 5 charities (you can choose which one(s)) if you haven't checked recently. here's some good games from it:
Starbound
Darkest Dungeon
Stardew Valley
Her Story
Stronghold Legends
Arma Gold
Magicka
The top three are around $ 25.00 with steam sale prices

I don't give a fuck
Pirate whatever, buy whatever

Its a warning, isnt that the definition of not being too late?

I don't use a VPN or proxy or any kind of IP protection. How long do you guys think I should wait before it's a good idea to pirate new games?

Do anti-piratefags buy all their movies,music, and books new as well?

not that user, but not every country cares about piracy at all

Nobody buys any of that shit anymore grandpa.

Only morons have opinions on this matter.

I like free stuff. I also like stuff being archived in case its creator decides to remove it from existence.

piracy is good leverage on the industry. crap game gets released? pirate it.
obviously if people pirate too much they wont have money to make games and it will be harder to justify investing in games.
all we can do is hope it doesnt get thrown out of balance and fuck up the industry.

Then why do anti-piratefags feel it's okay to pirate other media but not video games?

i pirate everything nigga, even multiplayer games, i think it's pretty neat

Its great.

Nioh's PC port is a crashy mess, so I'm glad I'm not paying for anything before they fix it.

Download Qbittorent, It has a built in search function that works well and you don't have to deal with shitty malware ads on the websites

Where do you live?

There are no anti pirates here. Only shills say they are against piracy. I guess there could be a few genuinely butthurt people who spend hundreds of dollars on games

I've pirated tons of games, and never gotten a single warning about any of them.

The only thing I've ever gotten a warning about was an episode of Vampire Diaries that my gf couldn't find a stream of.

hypocarcy and double standards

Nobody reads books anymore, people listen to music on spotify, watch movies at the theaters on redbox or on netflix

I'm an unemployed neet and don't give a shit

even normies know about streaming websites, alot of them also buy a kodi box to streamline the process, and watch it on their tv