What went wrong with Dawn of War 3?

What went wrong with Dawn of War 3?

Relic having no fucking clue what the heck they're doing mostly

Blood Bowl 2 is a niche within an already niche genre. Its insane Dow3 which was once pseudo mainstream for PC is doing worse. How did Relic drop the ball so hard?

It appealed to no one. Warhammer fans didn't want it because it was dumbed down and not what they originally played, and outsiders weren't interested in Warhammer despite attempts to draw them in.

It was the worse elements of dow1 and 2.

Only the shitty factions to play as.

not to mention it alienated most of it's niche with cancerous practices

Tried to make everyone happy but made no one happy.

>Orks
>shitty

The game was probably made on a shoestring budget and then they made dumb decissions on top of that.
The game is bad and it showed hard. Most people lost interest before the game was even finished.

Didn't have best faction. Honesty I'd buy DoW3 if it was just an HD version of the first game with bigger maps and more units. 8 player FFA was fun and I don't know if this game can even support that.

Ok Orks aren't shitty. Space marines are so played out and eldars are fucking stupid. Orks are good for a laugh but not enough to get to me even think about this game. it still doesn't have the only faction I'm interested in the Imperial Guard

Is it true that most of the old devs left or most of them were actually on the team? Heard conflicting things.

>Didn't have best faction.
I want to think that this isn't why I haven't bought it but it's true. I don't like playing Eldars or Eldar themed anything, because in lore they're badass but ingames are always pansy looking. I like Orkz but not that much. So there's just Space Marines left.

Any other race is much more appealing actually. Tyranids, Necron, motherfucking Tau, the Imperium and Chaos, all good choices for a w40k game and pivotal to the franchise, and all of them always ignored.

That and the game being meh.

>Tried to make everyone happy
especially moba and sc2 players, who will never leave moba and sc2.

It's unclear but one thing is certain: before DoW2 release Relic had financial problems and lost key devs from back then. Most of them went to other dev teams like the Homeworld 2 Remastered for Gearbox and most of the good ones to Blackbird Interactive (Deserts of Kharak) and in that game it shows its "Relic-like" approach to design and graphical/ambiental superb detailing.

DoW2 was on a budget and was badly released. The GFWL servers hurt the game a fuckton, but it was okay-ish received by starved fans. It was cripplingly bad designed and balanced on the first release, and mindnumbingly boring to play, but it had potential. With the next expansions it was polished to something playable to even cool if different. Next to that, there's the CoH2 asswipe and from there on it's nothing like old Relic games.

There's the original director working on this one supposedly, but that doesn't really mean anything if most of the designers and artists are on Gearbox and BBI. Also the original CoH director died around that era too, in a car accident.

I wonder how that board meeting went?

Terminators doing backflips.

FRONT FLIP HAMMER SMASH WITH THE GODDAMN GODSPLITTER

I think the game would have a better chance if they had more races but after trying that free weekend I feel its too little too late. I don't believe the current dev team could properly remaster the first couple games even with enough time and money.

The flop from DoW3 and Eternal Crusade killed my hope for any future 40k games.

The OP image is after their free weekend. That's pretty dire. I don't even think new races can save it.