Why on earth aren't you hype?

Why on earth aren't you hype?

I don't play shit versions of shit games.

For what

because vanilla was shit except for the better community.

that and 60 of these fucking threads get made every dam day so fuck off.

It's like a year away

I am fag

I am hype. I decided to sign up to a Vanilla private server just to see if I would still be into it and I've been having a blast. I've had a lot of fun moments with overworld pvp and cooperation that retail has been lacking for years.

Because I played that shit back in the day the first time around, and I'm aware that the next two expansions brought so many significantly positive changes, I simply have no interest in regression. This is just nostalgiafag circle jerk shit, WoW got better than vanilla, I have as much interest in going back to vanilla as I do in playing their current trash.

what this user said, we have to wait atleast a year until the server launch

unless it has updates like OSRS it'll be shit

Vanilla was awesome because I was 16 and it was something new. Unless they implement some changes/modernization (especially graphics) I won't even touch it.

>Classic servers start off vanilla.
>Eventually progress through Burning Crusade and Lich King, but with everything redesigned without flying mounts in mind, the level cap remaining at 60, and no dungeon/raid finder.

it doesnt have pandas.
it doesnt have draenei
its not very well balanced.

other than that, i did play nostalrius and got my vanilla fill a year ago.
WoW Classic should have come out directly after blizzcon.
just saying "we are working on it" after all the requests they get and they saw how private servers are doing is just not enough.

The standard answer given by people who didn't have any friends to play with when vanilla was out or missed the boat entirely.

Why did you name two positive things before a negative?

every kid knows to always name the positive stuff first.
this is a basic for social interaction.

When I think back to vanilla all I remember are soul killing grinds

not coming to consoles

Classic:
>raiding dominates all other forms of character progression, no need to log on except to raid or grind gold for raiding
>raids are primitive and 100% demystified after 13 years

Retail:
>varied forms of character progression (raids, mythic+, arenas, world quests)
>raids are vastly more intricate, fresh and exciting

Thoughts on this? I like the idea of a slower leveling pace, but if you play optimally the vanilla endgame is pretty cancer.

>mfw people think it'll still be the same game if they lower the cost of respeccing

Sorry, even reducing the cost by 1 copper means you're playing a watered down casual version.

Eh. I need to see some hard facts of what's going on before I am. Rather keep playing on my private than pay Blizzard.
>inb4 not real vanilla
Yeah well, is free and not retail so.

Well, yes and no. Yes, the game is naturally focused on endgame raiding and endgame character progression is pretty much 90% raiding, but the whole idea is that you raid in order to get equipment so then you can go out into the world and play the game.

That is, going out in the world and pvping, helping people with quests, gathering resources, farming some drops, running instances for drops... etc etc.

But yeah, raiding does give you the best equipment, but pvp equipment is very competitive even at the Blue level. And, regardless of that, you're acquiring the gear to play the game more fully.

Nigger I've been playing vanilla servers off and on for the past 5 years and lower respecialization costs would be the single fucking greatest thing they could do.

Everyone who wants to pvp and pve at the same time will be able to without being disenfranchised for paying 100g per changeover. It's more people doing more shit.

It's a fucking good idea, "watered down casual version" or not.

>but with everything redesigned
You think they will redesign anything?
At best, they will just put a stop to progression once the game hits that point, redesigning would take a lot of effort and resources, you are fucking delusional if you think this is gonna end up well.

I don't like vanilla, retail is more enjoyable to me. If we get TBC or even WOTLK down the line, I'll be interested.

I enjoy retail the most still.

Because my favorite class is worse off and braindead in Vanilla.

Grinding for hours or paying some chinese for gold is really fun right

because its garbage aside from the nostalgia value

Because the majority of people who are excited about this game have forgotten how bad some aspects of the game were.

Most of the people who re-sub are probably going to un-sub when the nostalgia wears off.

Don't get me wrong, there's going to be a lot of people that stick around, but I'm curious to see if they even maintain enough of a server population to justify having more than a single server of each server type.

I'm so excited I'm going to take two weeks off from work when it releases.

It's very, very, very, very easy to estimate that at least 200k people will stick around to play it.

If a private server in fucking Russia can get -10,000- CONCURRENT players, a massively advertised Blizzard sponsored server can do much better.

Nice, you'll at least be able to get to level 50 and run out of quests.

>wow classic is announced, causing large amounts of discussion on its flaws
>this hopefully looks like the end for nostalgiafags who have been creaming over how good vanilla is with rose-tinted glasses as they finally get to experience just how terrible vanilla really was
>it seems likely that blizzard will change a number of things in classic and get things wrong
>nostalgia blinded retards will never go away because of this, claiming that it's not real vanilla

2020 release? idiot

when I was a teenager I was much more interested in the social aspect of the game and just experiencing some giant world with all sorts of shit to do. Now that I'm nearing 30 the shallow social aspect doesn't interesting me and there's nothing there that I haven't done before

I enjoy playing retail more than I would playing classic

I think most people are okay with "some" class changes, but to be real all the things people want were added in TBC and Wrath. Cramming in gameplay balance changes, and class tweaks from TBC into Vanilla will probably require a big overhaul in balance.

I also don't see the reason why Hybrids want to do everything with all specs. Can Sub Rogue be PVE now please?

>didn't have friends to play with
nigga wat. you roll a toon and make friends. who started WoW with real friends? the user you quoted is simply a faggot.

kill self blizzdrone

Because it hasn't come out yet. like, come on man, I want to not have a life even more.

Wow classic barinlets never seem to understand. This is EXACTLY what is going to happen when classic releases in 2-3 years.

1st day
>Everyone is hyped!
>Streamers are playing with thousands watching!
>People are discussing shit with eachother and coming out of their shells
>Guilds are made and everything seems great!

1 month later.
>Nobody is streaming because nobody wants to watch a streamer sluggishly grind to 60.
> Community goes back to being socially autistic.
>Nobody runs dungeons because of either difficulty or used to just dropping when the group wipes.
>Everyone follows the same youtube cookie cutter builds for their classes
>Tons of outlets and guides for quick leveling
> Nobody talks to anyone
> Extremely small community of bitter elitists is all that's left.

Get over it you fat fucks. It's over. You can pretend and act like you'll be a social fucking butterfly, you can act like you're gonna go with unique choices for your TP's but in the end you're just gonna be another quiet little faggot who follows a guide and will be just another reason the game will never again be what it was in 2004

WoW is shit, always was just like every other MMO. Stupid grinding, shitty mechanics because the internet and toasters can't handle it and a community full of autistic nerds and old people.

Yeah! MMO's suck! Unlike my weeb games! Or my Starwars!

you obviously didn't play on nost.

why do you fags even pretend to have a real opinion on this shit?

Same thing happened there you fucking brainlet.

Because it isn't coming out for at least a year.
Stop asking.

nah dude it's going to last at least 6 months

>I will only socialize if mechanics make me do it

the absolute state of gamers

See TLP servers in EverQuest. They do this, but eventually a raid guild will progress it and people sperg out.

Is that a free or paid server? I imagine the overall interest would probably change a bit based on that and how much Blizz charges for their vanilla servers, but I agree that's a pretty good metric to gauge interest in a classic server.

I look forward to seeing how active the servers are.

That's kind of how introverted people work m8

I don't think extroverted people would even play WoW

The things that made vanilla good weren't mechanical. Classic gameplay won't bring back Barren's chat, the diverse community, or the age before data mining and wikis. I won't say Blizzard hasn't made the game worse, they have, but you're dead wrong if you think you can turn back time, Chromie.

>socially autistic
Socially retarded or autistic. Choose one.

>It's more people doing more shit.

This right here. Why is it a good thing to isolate people into PvE and PvP camps on a given server unless they have enough of a steady income to pay for weekly respecs on top of whatever other expenses they might have (and if they're raiding, there will be plenty of expenses)? Don't you want there to be a big enough pool to draw from without having to dip into cross-server play?

>playing blizzard's shit in this day and age

I actually think it tastes good

nope

they're going to make more vanilla content and keep it that way

Barren's chat was shit, the diverse community was shit, and private servers are active in this day and age despite datamining, and they had wikis back then, no one called them wikis though.

I've been playing on private servers for months and it's literally nothing like you've described. There is very clearly still a market for this sort of thing, and the sense of community remains intact within that market.

Try playing on the private server. The only thing that's changed is that people are older and some have meta'd the endgame out.

Considering how few people actually reach endgame in WoW, it's not really so bad.

Wouldn't it stop being "vanilla" if they added new content?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I am but it's not like we are going to see something in the next year, so there's a long wait untill they even speak about a date

Not if they do it right. They still shouldn't touch the game for several months, and not until after Naxx has been out for some time.

What would be the best way to do that? What content could be added that wouldn't be retreading stuff introduced in the expansions?

>can get syndicate rep from killing crushridge ogres
>syndicate mobs drop orange bandanas

Not even something as simple as that.

because i want to play ret pally but they blow cocks and probably won't get fixed

Horizontal progression, which is pretty hard to do right. FFXI is the only place I've seen it done properly.

If you hate everything about vanilla, why do you want vanilla?
>they had wikis back then
Oh, excuse me, you're just a little bitch. You weren't there for Vanilla unless you had to get your information from random forum posts.

Can you create level 1 characters in the current WoW? Do you get to do the same zones as during vanilla but with modern mechanics?

because its years away. make a thread then.

>Do you get to do the same zones as during vanilla but with modern mechanics?
no. cataclysm changed all the vanilla zones ages ago.

But user I am exited for Battle for Azeroth

Why would I be hyped for something that is YEARS away. You cucks keep talking about it like it's coming out next month.

Because of this. I'd rather move forward and see if an alternative can be created in the future, to build on what's already been achieved.

I'm not 16 with unlimited time anymore.

>if you play optimally the vanilla endgame is pretty cancer

Which is the very point everyone keeps missing. Raiding is cancer, the shift from 'Vast open world adventure' to 'Theme park pinata' is what made WoW shit, the QOL improvements they made were supposed to be chemotherapy to flush out the negative aspects keeping people from joining.

Once you do the raids you're supposed to start again, on a new adventure in the huge ass fucking world they built. To explore different leveling routes and even entirely different factions and make new stories and friends along the way. You can level as an undead for example and never actually touch the fucking Barrens.

The gear grind of raiding is there to cock tease the "hardcore" faggots into playing longer for one more new drop. But once you are BiS full cleared, congratulations you completed WoW. Now either go find a social experience or fuck off.

This is the issue with Retail. The "straight to end level" raiding mindset makes all the content of each expansion utterly pointless because everyone just cares about the raid loot. Hell they rebuilt the entire fucking world in Cataclysm and it was rendered moot because all anyone did was beeline it to 85 to fight Arab Wind Wizards.

Even BC only gets a bye because it introduced Heroics and semblance of class balance whilst retaining relevance to about 60-70% of the old world. By Wrath the Old and Outlands was entirely obsolete.

This is where Blizzaard fucked up. Instead of building upon their world, they created micro-realms detached from one another, and by the time they tried to bring it back together it was too late.

Why don't you go to legion people like you is the reason they are going to fuck up the original game

I liked barrens chat but it was shit, recognizing something for what it is, doesn't exclude a love for it.
>You weren't there for Vanilla unless you had to get your information from random forum posts.
>he didn't know about thottbot and allakazham
>mfw

dont you have to pay for a regular subscription, and then more money on top of that just to be able to play a 'classic' server?

why not just play a fucking free private one like lh?

That's a pretty bad excuse. Vanilla WoW is still a pretty easy grind compared to a lot of the really old shit. It takes a few weeks of play to hit 60 rather than one week.

That's why you pay some Chinese guy to grind for you.

I remember how long it took to find groups for instances, forever. And then you have to stick to a schedule for raiding. It'd really be a second job.

>playing on a vanilla private server atm
>there's a guild called "legacy waiting room".
>do a dungeon with three of their members
>tank facepulls, Doesn't use LoS to pull casters,and actually fucking back pedals when he manages to learn how to use his gun.
>One of the dps gets tired of how slow it's going
>Tank : "lol, he's going to have a rough time when legacy launches xd"

Two and half hours to clear WC, just fucking shoot me.I can't wait the day legacy launches so I can see all the retards comeback out of the woodwork.

nobody knows yet. another reason why these threads are pointless, all they are is shitposting generals and spreading retarded fud like that.

How would you propose emphasizing adventure over raiding? What about more shit like the AQ war effort, but with the end result being the unlocking of various 5-10 man dungeons and other zones rather than (or in addition to) raids? Something like requiring a server wide effort to capture a zone bit by bit and make headway into hostile territory, with new Alliance/Horde encampments being patched in over time?

Because a bunch of literal mongoloids are going to fuck it up by asking for shit that's on their current version.

How big are the titties in Classic?

Hello wrathbabby

because it wont be overrun by 3rd world russians and chinks hacking it and ruining everything? did you even play nostalrius? it was great until all the fucking chinese flooded in and started botting. probably be easier to control this shit on an official blizzard server.

You know what my friends were doing in 2003? Playing PS2 games. Because I was 10.

Ret is middle of the pack in legion vanilla Cuck. SHould have mentioned Woltk Ret atleast.

You don't have to raid. Also, a lot of people just pug shit nowadays because almost everyone knows the fights.

Raids won't be that serious today
Everyone knows the mechanics for everything, and honestly stuff like MC is pretty brain dead tier.

Nost was growing until the day it died. Elysium is not nost and suffered a mass exodus for their poor infrastructure and openly colluding with the chinese.

>You don't have to raid.
Wouldn't be worth it for me. That's the most intriguing content in the game to me.

Because they have announced jack shit and it's likely a year or more away at best

Then pug it.

I've been unsure if I should play warrior, mage, or shadow priest
I think you just convinced me to play a warrior after all