youtube.com/watch?v=MsrengWxaM8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=qVZBHTN_ZuU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=cD5jO1H_llU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=y6w7atxi0BI
forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17546.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing, it's only overrated by classic-fags and furries

Nostalgia because honestly, it's the weakest of the ps1 trilogy

It was the height of Final Fantasy in terms of graphics and presentation while preserving the charm and traditions of Final Fantasy.

Or, more simply, it was the last Final Fantasy game in the series.

Hated it. Fucking missables everywhere and I like to play once or twice through an RPG blind.

There's no reason for the game to have lock-out in towns now that the entire game is on a single download or disk as well. All the data is there. Let us into those fucking cities and give the sidequests back if it's ever to be remastered.

Is this a physical release? Thought it was digital only.

XV is the best FF game you oldfag

Best RPG world. No generic caves and many very unique towns with distinct races and culture, each with their own story.

No materia/GF switching every 10 minutes either. The only bad thing is the battles too long to start.

Together with 4, this was the one of the worst games in the franchise when it came out.

the bait is

r e a l

This here

10/10 artstyle, world, soundtrack, great characters, and a story with some great moments, plus it draws heavily from previous games of the franchise. It's the swan song of old Final Fantasy

Oh hey, it's this fag again.

Music is worse than 7 or 8

>Terrible trance system
>Lackluster character development
>Steals its plot twist from 4 and somehow makes it worse
>Bad build customization
>Gross furry character design on top of shitty chibi art style
>Slowest combat in the series
>Backtracks on years worth of gameplay updates
>But Zidane is so funny and cool!

Awful game. Worst PS1 Final Fantasy.

>tfw one of the three people in the world who finds the music in VIII utterly unbearable outside of a handful of ambient tracks like Ultimecia's Castle, which are goat
VII has some pretty good music too and is even more impressive by how different it is from all that came before it, but IX is the only one where I would just leave the game running to listen to the background music sometimes.

>great characters

What tracks from it are even good? I can name 5 FF7 tracks off the top of my head which could be top 10 all time in FF

I could basically list half the soundtrack, but the ones I thought of first are these
youtube.com/watch?v=NEBir7BGBeE
youtube.com/watch?v=4_RiW1C_Oao
youtube.com/watch?v=Is2OoPJB-nI
youtube.com/watch?v=KKAoSY5bhSw
youtube.com/watch?v=BiOsoWGIMSo
youtube.com/watch?v=zxQgbTRbT8o

None of these are really that memorable for me. The only track that stood out to me is the main theme

Most likely a matter of taste, but just to put it into perspective, the one track from VII that absolutely blew me away from how good it was in my latest playthrough was this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=2YWRiq-plxw

I don't even really like that one. What about these?
youtube.com/watch?v=--ijjuvQMW8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=MsrengWxaM8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=qVZBHTN_ZuU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=cD5jO1H_llU&t

Funnily enough I only particularly like the Forgotten Capital one, I actually dislike the Jenova and Bizarro Sephiroth themes for the same reason I dislike most of the battle music in VIII: It sounds far too upbeat, like party music, while I prefer my boss themes to be overbearing and threatening. Which is in particular the reason I like the one in IX so much, it's one of the most overbearing boss themes in the franchise.

>no generic caves
kek

What do you mean steals plot twist from 4?

Zidane was a fun MC which was a breath of fresh air after the broodyness of Cloud and Squall.

dude you're just proving him right

>that cover art

GAG

it's one of the few FF that's actually a fantasy game
great ost
fun characters
amazing pre-render art
personally i really enjoyed the skill learning system
and personally i enjoyed tetra master more than triple triad

probably that the villain is the hero's brother and they're both from space?

it's top C O M F Y

But Kuja didn't turn out to be a mind controlled good guy in the end

i really hope that's just some kids photoshop

nothing. Nothing makes it good

bad music
annoying load times
shitty equipment system with minimal character customization
stale fantasy setting neophytes praise for being true to the series despite half of the SNES and NES games having some kind of high technology aspect
plot rips off the War of the Worlds/puppet kingdom plot IV and the cloned super soldier story from VII
final dungeon is a straight line
last boss is famously irrelevant to the plot outside of fanboys' headcanon

that's some good bait but it need polishing
no one is gonna take the bad music part
that's going full retard

FF9 had technology too

>COMFY
>because that's what makes video games good
Get shot

Yes, comfy mood can make a game way more enjoyable, but it's not the O N L Y thing making FF9 the greatest JRPG to date.

>not liking comfy games

>nu Sup Forums is so contrarian they talk shit about something once hailed on the board.

I'm getting to old for this place.

FFIX is a fucking masterpiece and the most beautiful game Ive ever played, If it had a better battle system Im sure it would be revered as the best JRPG of all time.
Too bad that the brainlets cant appreciate the details and the love poured into the game.

>Square didn't keep the OG files and a proper HD remaster is impossible
>tfw

Well after 7 the only competition for a remake is 6, 4, and I guess 8.

Trick question, it's not good.

3 could get a better remake
5 and 6 could both get proper remakes like psp 4

Name a town you can’t go back to in the final disc

This.

>fantasy world with fantasy characters
>f-furfaggots
yeah ok go back to your jpop band and girl cloud

One of the very first times that I got the weirdest boner. Kuja is one hot motherfucker.

I, for one, would prioritize VI and V in that order, but an actual remake instead of a bastardization of III is something I would really want after them. But I wonder if we'll get any of them, or in what form for that matter, depending on how FFVIIR does.

the cute boi

Just one? Esto Gaza.

Jesus, that's the PS4 cover art?

Why has every single character from FF looked like a complete and total soyboy ever since the Squeenix merger?

Return of the medieval style from previous FF games, and Vivi.

>*Kwehs your path*

post more best girl

why did Amarant even exist? He feels like a literal who that isn't really worth much of anything in the game

seems like he was put in purely for the "heh, nothing personnel, kid" aspect

It unironically became rather enjoyable the more you played, Chocobo Forest is the worst map of the three by far

Good stuff:
>one of the better 3D era FF protagonists, isn’t a brooding fuck but someone who actually helps others to overcome their problems
>absolutely gorgeous visually, every place feels unique and you can see the effort that the artists put in them
>wonderful OST, especially the more melancholic tracks are beautiful
>characters actually have proper roles instead of being boring do-it-alls

Bad stuff:
>still don’t like the Necron asspull, no matter how many fan theories people create for it
>the battles load slooooooowly

But the most significant thing for me is the fact that it’s the final classical FF game, really feels like the end of an era. It even feels like the developers knew how it would be one, as the game has this real sense of ”finality” to it.

When i played through the first time, my brother sat with me most of the game, and we argued over if Amarant would join the party.

I was convinced that he was just too generic, characterless, and ugly, to be a main character. I ended up losing 5 dollars, over a bet that he was not a main character. Im still a bit salty about it, fuck Amarant, he is a nothing burger character.

Quina makes the game good

It's a fun game, but not one of my favorites (Still like 3,5, and Tactics the most, FF2 is honorable mention for spawning SaGa). Also zidane is one of my least favorite FF MCs in my opinion Probably because I'm an autistic loser irl and Zidane just hits on everything to at least moderate success and gets to fuck Garnet's ass every day[/spoilers]

I too became obsessed with this sidequest. Helps that the song was GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=y6w7atxi0BI

>when even the Gogo of your game manages to bring in top tier banter

I'd have drunk sex with Freya.
Not a furry though.

>not taking aspirations from characters you idolize and self improving

>frogs and dragons
>Furshit

Uh...

>vivi
>Steiner
>quina
>freya
>garnets Ass

>Not great characters.
You get out.

I think Zidane could have been better with shorter hair, maybe look a bit tougher.

Amaranth also manages to have good scenes. He's pointless, true, but his short character arc is still good.

>Final Fantasy
>good
This doesn't apply to any game in the series. Certainly not to the slowest game in the series.

>that cover art

Lol its so fucking bad

XV-kun why haven't you necked yourself yet?

VIII is better and sold more, IX is the black sheep of the PS FF.

But its the highest rated final fantasy who cares about sales

And you responded to it. Good job.

Actually, he's right. Final Fantasy is a lackluster series.

>But its the highest rated final fantasy
Man, FFIX fags really have a warped view of reality. Like Majora fags for the Zelda series.

VII is the highest rated tho

Its the perfect final fantasy with best story, cast and music
Its like they take FFVI and make it 10x better
Call me when they make another game like that

Well gameplay-wise it's far closer to IV

The ability learning system is retarded though the fact that you keep old items for synthesising I think is a little better than going to a town, buying all the marginally better shit then selling your old crap, repeat

He's just an idiot, like most FFIX fans. It has no similarities to FFVI. In setting, visual design, music or story. I guess you can find some very slight similarities in gameplay. But that makes any FF game "like FFVI".

Played it recently. The things I disliked were the final boss, the trance meter, the pace-breaking event time camera's and the combat system. The soundtrack wasn't the strongest either. Everything else was OK I guess.

The quality and success of each entry affects the sales of the proceeding game.

>games are not even connected
>people actually believe this

Sounds like an excuse. From VI to X the only flop is IX, how well the others did is not relevant. IX was bad on its own.

IX is good because it tries to pull all the best elements from previous games and put them into one. Sure, you could argue that makes its unoriginal in some ways but it also makes it have fewer flaws over all. The only thing that really annoyed me was the slowness of the battles, but it's hardly noticeable if you turn up the battle speed all the way.

Hahaha

The PS1 games all had less sales than the last. FFX was seen as a brand new start and rekindled peoples interest

Adding to this, that is a reason why IX is the favorite of the series' creator Hironobu Sakaguchi. I even made my own mod for it too because I enjoyed the game so much. The game was good but a little easy so I tried to increase the difficulty a tad while still staying pretty vanilla. If anyone cares forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17546.0

But the game that followed it was the second best selling game in the franchise. In part because people thought it looked more like FFVII and VIII.

explain this, VII fags

World building and pacing. The music doesn't hurt.

It's a classic

It's 2017 and the US still hasn't learned to use the tasteful, dignified all-white with logo only covers for FF games, come the fuck on.

>Assault Of The Silver Dragons
>mfw the Lindblum fleet shows up
>then the Red Rose

>can't find higher res version of the ps4 theme backgrounds
kill me

Are you saying 7 gets a remake because they have high definition assets? Because that's wrong. They create a whole new game

comfy

Big reason why they took that long break after 13 in my opinion. Had to make people forget.

Shani should've joined instead. Someone with some black magic other than Vivi would've helped.

>Beatrix makes her entrance into the battle by body checking a goddamn dragon with an airship