youtube.com/watch?v=G7al41LVYog
youtube.com/watch?v=6WtwJPEJCA0
youtube.com/watch?v=fD0Xg5idU_o
youtube.com/watch?v=dXxrOPXxhpA
youtube.com/watch?v=fp-CfgwqF3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying their lack of pragmatism isn't what killed them in the first place

youtube.com/watch?v=G7al41LVYog

Can we take a moment to apreciate this intro?. I still don't know how a shitty song about "opening your heart" with sonic characters on it can make you hype. Even fucking big the cat looks kinda cool here.
Sure, the game is a glitchy mess and aged like milk, but at least they fucking tried on bringing something good and unique to the table.
Now I look at Forces with pure disgust. What happened to Sonic Team?

Hey fuck you man, Crush 40 is great

You're a fucking idiot performing a fuckton of unnecessary of mental gymnastics. That intro is fucking amazing and kino. No fucking shit it's gonna make you hype

"CAN'T HOLLLLLLD ON MUCH LONGER (BUT I'LL NEVER LET GO)
I KNOW IT'S A ONE WAY TRACK (TELL ME NOW HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST)
I'M NOT GONNA THINK THIS WAY
NOR WILL I COUNT ON OTHERS
CLOSE MYYYY EYES AND FEEL THE BURN
NOW I SEE WHAT I GOTTA DO
GOTTA OPEN YOUR HEART IT'S GONNA BE ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT YEAH"

^ Listening to that makes me wanna beat the fucking shit out of someone.

>Sonic Team openly refuses to do another Adventure-style game out of desire to move the franchise forward
>Forces is a pseudo-sequel to Generations that doesn't innovate on the gameplay in any meaningful way
The mindset these guys have is boggling

>Eggman standing on top of the egg carrier

pure kino

I had chills watching this intro for the first time on my dreamcast back in 1999

They have a gotta please everybody mindset. Even if they drop a homogenous, slapdash, lazy piece of shit of a game, they're in a position to blame the fans for, "not knowing what they want."

Never an issue for the Mario series, only Sonic.

Sonic 2006 was Sonic Adventure 3 and look how that turned out.

The problem is that none of that shit meshes well together. It's literally just "Oh, shit. We don't have enough resources to make a game with just Sonic stages? How do we pad the fuck out of the game?

The only thing about Adventure that I actually want in a new Sonic game is the fact that Sonic was still a fucking platformer.

Can we take a moment to think about how shit and backwards sonic team are. They took the series in a really shitty direction. Half the new characters they introduced are weird and pointless, and the soundtracks for all their games sound like shit from daytona usa. They took a decent, fairly simple franchise and turned it into a bloated sickly mess, finally culminating in the game that hopefully got them all fired, sonic forces

Oh, yeah, it's a Friday night Sonic Jams thread. Post your tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WtwJPEJCA0

Reminds me of those weird philosophical quotes they put on the JP boxarts for the old Sonic games.

>To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

I only liked the Sonic levels in the Adventure games. Every other characters stage was a fucking slow chore. I don't want to go slow, I want to go fast. It's a fucking Sonic game and Sega can't get that one fucking job right.

>Mania
Fuck off loser.

Sonic Adventure was a high budget game that had the job of showing off the dreamcast hardware, making sonic relevant, and forging new ground.

Sonic Forces is basically Sega keeping Sonic on life support. They have no confidence in the studio anymore.

game's better than you think

i liked tails

Forces was originally supposed to be about the avatar only, until Sega's western branches opposed the idea. Then the project was reworked to be more like Generations, since Lost World's new gameplay style was met with a mediocre reception.

So basically Sonic Team DOES has ambitious ideas for the franchise, they're just not always smart ones or lack global appeal.

Tails was fine.

The flaws of 06 have nothing to do with the Adenture-style gameplay. (which was actually really butchered in that game)

What?
youtube.com/watch?v=fD0Xg5idU_o

Adventure 2 is the better game mechanically

>Tails levels: race against a dumb AI or maneuver with a clunky robot

this is the most stupid game design you can put in a sonic game. you should be embracing going fast, not playing bootleg minigames.

Don't reply to him. That autistic fuck is in every Sonic thread.

Adventure 2 completely butchered the Treasure Hunting and Shooting playstyles, so no, not really.

only thing adventure 2 did better was live and learn and the chao garden

Tails can go fast as fuck. SA2 Tails levels are terrible though.

The two styles that blow the most yeah

Sonic Unleashed was more ambitious than SA1.

If you remember this game fondly you are remembering it incorrectly

youtube.com/watch?v=dXxrOPXxhpA

There was nothing to butcher, SA1 Knuckles was clunky and Gamma's only good stage was the last one.

youtube.com/watch?v=fp-CfgwqF3c

SA's soundtrack was so damn good.

>Every other characters stage was a fucking slow chore.
The only "slow" characters are Amy, Big, and arguably Knuckles depending on how long it takes you to find all the emeralds. Tails is just Sonic on easy mode, and Gamma's stages are designed like a timed arcade shooter.

I'd honestly argue that Gamma's stages are the most fun to play after Sonic's, even though the gameplay style itself doesn't really belong in a Sonic game. Shame it became more clunky feeling in SA2.

>Posts game grumps playthrough
>Fucking game grumps
>Playing the shitty DX port

Yeah no. Fuck off

Honestly with the revival of nostalgia in modern design all Sega needs to do is look toward Sonic Adventure for the aesthetic Sonic needs.

Ironically Forces probably would've be received better if it revolved around just the OC.

Hey guys hear me out

what if

guys get this

what if

listen

guys

what if Sonic Mania: Adventure?

what is it about sonic that attracts autism?

>porting the game onto superior hardware is somehow responsible for how fucking bad it is

>What happened to Sonic Team?

Sega games don't have to be good enough to sell consoles anymore. Which is why Sonic heroes and Ow the edge:the game feel like shovelware in comparison to the dreamcast games

It's an entire franchise built on style over substance, and because everybody knows it's shit people who don't know what's up think it has underdog factor making it extra cool to like

The use of primary colors in the character designs.

The lack of any subtly in Sonic's personality.

SADX makes a mediocre game look even worse because it's filled with bugs and has worse collision and controls than the Dreamcast version (which is exactly why GG played DX). Also the visual style is slightly changed for the worse.

Adventure fucking blows. 3d sonic was NEVER good and NEVER will be.

Holy shit, is Forces bad. Anyone else get the glitch with Classic Sonic where he just shoots straight into the fucking air? It's like the super bounce from Adventure 2 but I have no control over it. Anyone else accidentally boost through a cutscene/set-piece and die?

>nu-sonic team remakes sonic adventure
>physics are broken and spindash jumping no longer works
>speed boosters everywhere
>wisp capsules up the ass
>BURST!
>Orca chase now a QTE

no thanks. Sonic team is dead.

I haven't played the game since it was released on the dreamcast so i say this with quite a nostalgic view.

From what I remember Gamma's stages were fun but quite bugged, and the camera worked against you horribly at times though this was the case for the other characters also and 3d games of this era.

Amy was okay if a little slow, Knuckles stages were wildly inconsistent from really easy to stupidly obtuse, tails was easy mode Sonic, Sonic's levels were probably the best and most memorable and they should have just cut 2 other characters to stretch the stronger characters. Big was a mistake that the studio acknowledges' the fans acknowledge and the voice actor acknowledges. No redeeming qualities.

You forgot
>most bosses are remade and are now carbon-copy "Boss runs away while you chase it" Fights

>implying
Every game is ambitious and creative, Sonic Team just runs out of funding and drive and creates a bug-ridden shitty game with poor controls and camera.
If you think Adventure is an exception to that you're a nostalgiafag that has played that shitty game so much you've adjusted to everything and think it's a good game.

Any enjoyment involving the OC in Forces stops once you leave the customization screen. It controls like shit and utilizes weapons that have no depth outside of constantly spamming the attack button.

Modern Sonic sucks in Forces too (for some different reasons), but his inclusion was executed competently enough that it probably kept the game from getting 3-4/10s from everyone. Classic's inclusion just sucks completely.

It being a popular series.

Basically any big noteworthy franchise is gonna have a bunch of weirdos following it. I mean pic related is no better than all of the Sonic fanart like to make fun of. It's just that Sonic in general is a whipping boy to the industry due to SEGA running the series into the ground so Sonic fans are a much easier target to make fun of.

Even the glitches weren't game-breaking. The camera angles were the only. The only thing that genuinely aged is the animations

Sonic Adventure honestly didn't just felt like it was trying to be a Sonic game, but an actual video game. Each playable character had their own game mode instead of piggybacking off of Sonic's. Every stage looked barely anything like the last and had it own set of enemy AI.

Did it age poorly? Yes. So did DK64 and every other non-Mario 3D platformer before the 2000s. Overall for the time it came out, it did deliver on a lot of new and fun mechanics.

>SA1
>Mediocre
I don't think we're talking about the same game here.

desu I would have had a vague interest in the game if it had been entirely focused on the OC solely because the game would have probably been a hell of a lot more polished (and also actually finished).

Homing Attack was the worst thing to happen to Sonic, and is indicative of how badly designed 3D Sonic games are as a whole.

I think SA1 is mediocre, like most Sonic games. I don't really care if you agree or not.

Characters are very two dimensional, any attempt at deep or complex characterisation is overwritten and obvious so that even autistics can empathise.

Colours are vibrant and character designs are simple enough for autistics to draw and do their own self inserts (introducing so many new characters/animals in latter games only encourages fanfic coldsteel sonichu type shit).

Homing attack was a pretty harmless inclusion until Heroes.

Also sonic and co. have typically heroic objectives even if they're villains so that even if you're a bad guy like shadow you can still save the day and make friends which probably appears to friendless autistics at the age of 12/13

Fuck your platitudes, Adventure was great. All they have to do is make another Adventure with budget higher than an indie game and we'll be back in business. Everything since has only been shit, fucking Boost. Worse idea than NSMB.

I don't care about you or your shitty opinion but just know that you're wrong famalam. =)

>wisp capsules up the ass
>BURST!

What the hell is even up with the Wisps? I know Forces is using the Lost World engine, but did the Wisps decide to settle on Earth or Sonic's world or wherever the hell they are after Colors? I thought I remember them all leaving.

>Orca chase now a QTE
>mfw

I think the main issue is that it stopped being an "attack" and started being a primary way of navigating the environment and a lazy way for the devs to ensure that the player follows a certain route.

>Homing Attack was the worst thing to happen to Sonic
The concept behind the homing attack is good, Sonic Team's execution of it is bad. Instead of it retaining your momentum so you can use it as an additional tool for in-air movement (somewhat like how it's being implemented in Utopia), it just cancels out all momentum completely and pops you straight up into the air, leading to very spammy moments in level design.

how? imo it was a pretty good way to (at least to some degree) ease the transition into 3D
do you think the kick attack shouldn't have been in Mario 64, and they should have forced you to jump on top of fuckin goombas the whole game?

>I don't care about you or your shitty opinion
Yes, you do. Don't lie.

>linearity is bad guys hehe amirite

It's the 3D sonic cycle.
1. Introduce a new style of game that's rough, but has potential
2. Release one or two games that tighten the formula up, but still need improvement
3. Get lazy and fuck it up with half assed shit that you rushed out for the holidays

That was once the boost games came in and got rid of all the forward momentum a homing attack could provide.

I really don't, I just wanted to let you know that you're wrong and you have shit taste is all.

>they literally put the homing attack in sonic 4

might as well put lock-on in a 2d zelda

Can't remember the exact details, but some of the Wisp population stayed on earth to help Sonic as thanks for freeing them from Eggman, or some shit like that.

Some of the Wisps stayed behind according to Runners.

Yes, Runners.

Sonic Runners of all fucking things confirms that some of them stayed on Earth.

How sad.

Homing attack in Sonic 4 was shit, but putting boost mechanics in like they did with the Rush series is something I honestly want to see more of.

Runners was fun. Nothing special, but fun. I loved how you could play virtually everyone from the series, equip chao, and all the homages it threw back. The remixes of certain themes was also cool. Runners Adventure doesn't look as good.

>and got rid of all the forward momentum a homing attack could provide
I think all of the boost games outside of Forces have balloons that will retain your momentum when you perform a homing attack on them. Why the same isn't implemented to everything else is a mystery to me.

What's sad is that you're still replying to someone who doesn't give a fuck.

No, I actually think Mario 64 did a great job of giving the player a wide variety of ways to fight in three dimensions. To me, Homing Attack is basically giving up on making 3D combat functional and letting the computer do the work. The fact that it was invented after Mario 64 came out, and it still hasn't gone away, is what really irritates me.

that quote is so strangely beautiful.

its meaning basically is 'fuck whatever the others say, if you need to do something, FUCKING DO IT!' but its worded in such a way, that i dunno how to describe.

it is believed that this quote, the one on the back and the no regrets one, are Sonic catchphrases, but i wonder, who came up with them? and why sega decided to put them?

>you're still replying to someone who doesn't give a fuck
Yes, you are.

>Sonic Adventure
>ambitious
>creative
Nostalgiafag detected. Sonic Adventure is nearly fucking broken, it controls like shit, it animates like shit, it sounds like shit, and it always has. It's shit.

sigh Sonic games are so fucking beautiful

Adventure was shit.

The difference is that Mario is slow moving, and doesn't have the same verticality Sonic does. Hitting enemies as Mario strolls across the map is no problem. Hitting enemies while Sonic's rolling around at the speed of sound while leaping entire buildings is.

Nigger, YOU look like shit, smell like shit, sound like shit, and basically are shit. Kill yourself you worthless sack of shit nigger monkey.

You are very clearly an autistic so I'm just going to leave it at that.

I'm surprised that I've never seen anyone talk about how Perfect Chaos scared them as a kid. The visual of a skyscraper-sized monster with a horrifyingly long jaw destroying an entire city in just a few seconds seems like great nightmare fuel for little kids.

Because of Inzuka loving them, he'll never let them go, same with the Zeti, why do you think Zavok is the only clone to actually act like the real one and even talk while Shadow was a bot , Chaos got one shotted in a cutscene and Metal was a replay of his generations battle?