Daily reminder display lag is more important than input lag

Daily reminder display lag is more important than input lag
99% of monitors offer input lag between 9ms to 14ms which is great
Display lag (response time) is more important because more than 8ms you see ''ghosting'' and moving artifacts

Daily reminder even if you only play single player games you shouldn't buy 4K tvs or TVs with old VA panels
youtube.com/watch?v=aem49GvJMZY
youtube.com/watch?v=9spojeNB0jw
Explanation: youtube.com/watch?v=1AHDZqMuvgM

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv
displaylag.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow is it 2009 again?

Daily reminder that no one cares you fucking nerd LOL

Daily reminder, you dumb as fuck they both matter you dont ass.

Most Korean monitors are high in input lag but have the responsive time... you will feeel the daily for sure.

Daily reminder that people who are actually good at games aren't affected by input lag/response time and only shitters care about it because they think their subpar monitor is why they're losing

i noticed this on my screen, 60fps looks still shit on my screen but silky smooth at friend's

>buying a TV for gaming

>Most Korean monitors are high in input lag but have the responsive time
That's where you are wrong
Models may vary
Some samsung and other korean crap may have 11ms input lag (which is excellent) and very fast response time
All TVs are made in fucking China and it's a matter of having a great electronic board and a responsive panel (like the newer MVA and S-IPS)
A fucking TCL or Vizio which are sub-par chinese brand usually have better response time than expensive brands

it doesn't fucking matter
you're not a professional player
you'll never be a professional player

surely you mean 1ms and not 11ms

This you fucking turbonerds.

There is no input lag fewer than 9ms
The 1ms marketing regards to pixel response time (response time in short)

This. Buncha nerd gobbledy gook.

What is the best 4k tv for gaming under 800$?

Not sure about the pricing, but I'm very loyal to Sony. Samsung is crap these days.

rtings.com/tv
displaylag.com/

I wouldn't buy anything OLED though

>want to get into PC gaming
>HDR is basically non existent in PC games deeming 4K on PC a meme
>only console games get properly implemented HDR

This doesn't make any sense. Is it because of the TV market and how it co-exists with consoles. Why are monitors getting shafted? And why is a 25" monitor the same price as a new OLED?

Koreans were supposed to bring out OLED like 5 years ago.

It was like 1ms lag and 1000hz.

>And why is a 25" monitor the same price as a new OLED?
DEPENDS. Asus and Acer love to make "Gaming" monitors with useless garbage for a high price
Usually a 200 dollar samsung or lg will do the job better than any TV regarding response time

AH IPS is 100x better and cheaper than OLED in color and brightness
Newer VA is pretty good for better contrast ratio

Probably Sony 43XBR800E

OLED was probably just hype.

Daily reminder that if you think input lag doesn't matter you don't play any real genre where input lag actually matters like shmups and fighting games

It's super hyper thin... I believe people will have to buy soundbards because there is no physical space for speakers
Or they are including some kind of sound base for the TVs
I'm not sure but I prefer the samsung approach to LCD which is improving LCD technology (with QLED) instead of using something that has short lifespan and is very easy to burn in
Sony and Philips will be selling OLED soon(made by LG) so expect a lot of marketing hype

2016 version of 43" model (43x800d) is actually better that 2017 (800e). Only for 49" and larger models the 2017 versions are better.

I always hated large TVs
I bought a 42" in 2013 and 2 months later I sold and bought a 27" monitor
I can't understand the appeal of a big screen. You lose all details

>tfw still playing 720p on my 6 year old monitor

Get on my level plebs.

>uses a 16:9 monitor

you are almost there user

It's a matter of viewing angles. I have a 43" TV in my bedroom which I watch from 1-1.5m distance and 65" in a living room that is usually watched from the sofa 2.5m away. How do you lose details if the picture has the same visible size in your field of vision (assuming the same resolution)?

2.5 meters is too much
You already lost all your ability to see the picture with details
43'' in 1.5M is too close but not that bad. I believe the ideal is 60cm away in a 27"
Everything more than that is just a waste of money and fidelity