Will they ever bring back Splinter Cell? The last one was underrated as fuck

Will they ever bring back Splinter Cell? The last one was underrated as fuck.

nah single player don't sell

they fucked up big time. they should have retired Sam's character and brought in new blood. but nu-Ubisoft isn't creative enough to do that so they made a lazy non-canon "sequel". now the entire original fanbase is gone and stealth games are hard to market to the modern audience.

Just waiting for Xbox BC for all the games.

The multiplayer for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow was dark as fuck. Nothing matches the atmosphere of the multiplayer maps.

Wrong picture I meant to post this one.

The series died when they dumped Ironside.

t. Ironside

Blacklist is a top 3 SC game.

Crysis Wars, Mesa map. Daaaamn, I miss it so much.

which is funny, cuz i thought spies vs mercs was dope as shit

i dont know if you had your eyes open during blacklist but the story was a fucking abortion
it was not top 3 at all

Nobody outside of a handful of people cares about the switch of voice actors.

that's because you weren't a part of the original fanbase, you didn't grow up with these games. you don't feel any connection towards ironside. but unfortunately for ubisoft, with niche franchises like this, the original fanbase is the most important. they thought they could sterilize the splinter cell series for a modern audience and they got slapped in the fucking face just like they deserved.

The story was serviceable. Something you'd see in 24, nothing offensively bad, just a bit dull. Gather a team, argue all the time, avert the terrorist threat, etc.

the story was alot less than serviceable if you have any standards

Blacklist didn't do that well financially because its release was poorly scheduled, the marketing was shit and the expectations were way too high. Ironside was in the worst SC game (Conviction) and he was shit in it as well, so I had no hard feelings about him getting replaced.

SC wasn't my favourite series, but I did play it when I was a kid, I still have a Russian bootleg DVD with the first four games I bought with the money I stole from my parents.

What didn't you like about the story exactly?

Yeah, so if they release another splinter cell it will be Splinter Cell: Siege. A precision engineered marketing product with a multi-year post-development plan.

if you had all four games at the same time then you were not a part of the original fanbase. people like me waited years for the next installment and bought it on day one. ironside's performances in those games are some of the most eager and sincere you'll find in any video game. also double agent is the worst splinter cell game and ironside was fantastic in it. conviction's co-op mode thoroughly redeemed its weak main story.

Or just a single play Ghost recon wildlands...

>giving a shit about coop

Chaos Theory had the best multiplayer.

Blacklist had the worst multiplayer.

This is fact.

it was a good story and it could have been a standalone game if they packed it with three or four more levels. i was pleasantly surprised to see how much effort they put into an optional mode that most people didn't play.

CT > SC1 > BL > PT >DA > Conviction

>Blacklist is a top 3 SC game.

kill this meme please

Blacklist has a few shit parts, but only few.

>DA that low
I've not played it, but why?

I've heard many regard it as the last true SC.

I just remember there being a godawful menu where you would pick your action instead of it being assigned to a button. Like you had to scroll though a list to knock someone out in real time and i stopped playing it

Blacklist was by far the best game in the series. It was fucking awessommmeeeeee. I don't care much for the stories in these but the stealth gameplay was easily the best in any game eva. Well, MGSV was pretty comparable but I still think Blacklist had better stealth.

You take that back. That game is utter shit.

>amazing game
>also has a great, completely separate coop campaign
>AND fun pvp multiplayer
It's a full fucking package and I love it. It can't be topped, they shouldn't destroy the franchise trying.

That's the thing. Almost anyone can agree this game would have been an amazing 24 game. In fact Kiefer should have been cast.

The game was decent. Ghosting was fun, killing everybody was fun. Major gripes are of course no lighting or sound system and no analog movement speed.

>thinking anything other than Chaos Theory was the best in the series

nigga really

Grim was god tier in Blacklist.

Which one was worse?

It'll almost poetic that they go down the crapper together.

One was overambitious the other underambitious. V is definitely the better product. But they both have terribly boring levels and that's a death sentence to any stealth game.

The series as a whole is just really good. Only one bad game really.

Blackedlist was the last good Ubi SP game.

you have to shoot nikoladze in the head in the final mission of the first game or he'll run away and you'll fail the mission.