Is it just me, or does this series suck? Hear me out. I just finished the jungle world and this is GODAWFUL...

Is it just me, or does this series suck? Hear me out. I just finished the jungle world and this is GODAWFUL. There's so much padding and annoying backtracking, the controls and camera are terrible, the cutscenes and the voice acting make me cringe hard, and worst of all the combat is mindless mash X to win.

I don't understand. How did this do so well and spawn so many sequels? IT'S NOT GOOD

Kiara was so hot tho becaus riiku want fuk but couldnt get it and trhat made it hotter

This is now an Aqua thread. post 'em.

awua hot but she look like other girl from the game that was out on ps1

Yup, all valid criticisms, skip it and go to KH2FM, it's better in every regard. 'Cept the story, that's still retarded.

Her voice is shit.

name some better action RPGs

She's just stoic. Keeps her emotions in line. A rare quality in women.

Nioh, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Witcher. It's not hard.

she has no emotion elike kairias emoption

>had hope that the VA would improve in 0.2
>somehow got worse
This series needs a Jap VA option, i already missed Norio Wakamoto Xehanort

>combat is very bland
>areas even blander
>story is stupid
>world feels uninspired

Must be nostalgia glasses. Never played it as a kid, picked up a PS2 and the game and hated it so much I couldn't get past the jungle world.

You had to have played it when it came out. Shit was mindblowing back then and the controls didn't feel dated. Keep in mind it is 16 years old. Probably older than you. The gameplay is more refined in KH2. Slog through it if you really want, but if you want a good, coherant story and perfect gameplay look elsewhere.

And it doesn't hurt to be a disney fan as well. That was half the appeal for most.

English VA is okay. No problem. Would probably make cute sex noises.

best girl

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

KH frontloads a lot of its shitty worlds, however only the combat and exploration get any better everything else stays pretty meh.

2FM fixes most of the first game's faults. Every other game is complete trash.

dark souls is an exercise in janky tedium.
>bullshit hiding behind EVERY single corner like some kind of romhack
>have to lure enemies out one by one, takes a fucking eternity or else you get swamped and stunlocked to death
>more of an exercise in saintlike patience than in gitting gud
skyrim is the VERY DEFINITION of tedium. i don't think i even need to explain that one, everyone here knows it. i haven't played nioh or the witcher yet. i'm not even saying kingdom hearts is good, but i like action RPGs (or at least the idea of them) and there are so few good ones that i know of, so kingdom hearts at least scratches that itch to an extent.

YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY

>Probably older than you.
I kek'd. Thanks, user

Pretty much this. The original came out only a year after DMC. If you wanted hack and slash with some weight this was one of your few options.

PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASEEEEEE

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASE, OH BABY, DON'T GO.

Why did all the voice actors stop giving a shit after 2?

PLEASE, OH BABY, DON'T GO

the first game really sucks

If i had to voice the kind of lines they have to read for years, i would just go into autopilot as well.

SIMPLE AND CLEAN IS THE WAY THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEEEEEEEEL TONIGHT.

>he thinks the JP audio is good
You do know the Japan hated it so much that the dub was added to final mix for that reason?

>mindless mash X
depends on difficulty, like most games. That will get you killed on most bosses. It's also a level based RPG so, like most of them, you unlock most of your abilities as you level up and start with very basic attacks.
>cutscenes and voice acting
What were you expecting? It's Disney/FF. Are you trying to take the story seriously?
>controls
What's wrong with it
>camera
yes
>backtracking
definitely yes at the start

The gameplay is in fact good and not a button masher. That's all it needs to be good.

>everyone in 358 and BBS sound like fucking text to speech
>Except for Jesse, who acts his heart out.

Guy deserves a medal for putting up with this writing for so long.

>How did this do so well and spawn so many sequels? IT'S NOT GOOD
it was released in 2002, barely anyone could do camera in a 3d action game correctly.

No, that's just how Square does the international versions of all their games during the ps2 era, they HD collections already reverted to the japanese audio, even the unvoiced scenes have japanese audio now.

>Mash X
>Boss parries you and counters
>[slo-mo]"AAAAHHHH"[/slo-mo]
Wooooow. So mindless

>Kingdom Hearts came out 5 years after FF7
>It's been 15 years since Kingdom Hearts came out

Fucking christ.

YOU'RE WRONG!
I KNOW KNOW NOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT, THAT KINGDOM HEARTS

HEY
HEY
HEY

SORA YOU LAZY BUM

IS NIGGERS

So why the fuck has Nomura gone dark again with KH 3 news? My fucking god I love Nomura but him going silent for months kills fucking hype. He had the entire internet sucking his dick after the Toy Story trailer and KH hype was at an all time high. Why the fuck would you not capitalize on the hype with regular news? Holy fuck Nomura what are you doing?

Will we ever be able to go to Destiny Island again? It always shows up in a cutscene but I really miss being able to explore it.

In all the various KH releases is there one that has DDD on PS3?

You can always play in Japanese to be fair.

It's not the best game ever, but I argue it's a game that definitely gets better the more in it you're in, with more options, variety, and content to work with. KH2 in general is also a big step up from a purely gameplay POV as well.

DDD HD which has some new content and changes is only on the 2.8 Collection which is only on PS4 so far

It is still better than most games

question, did you play the final mix version? if not then you're opinion doesn't mean shit

Okay I believe you

Based posters.The game is good.

How come Sora can literally cut buildings in half, but Lingering Will can murder him in 2 seconds? How did Lingering Will get so fucking strong just sitting in a desert for 10 years?

>dark souls is an exercise in janky tedium

>Ventus is now a time-traveler

If you actually played on a real difficulty, you would be here complaining about how much bullshit clayton is.

>Blacks... But why...

And Marluxia

>How come Sora can literally cut buildings in half, but Lingering Will can murder him in 2 seconds?

Because Lingering Will is stronger than what it takes to cut a building in half?

> How did Lingering Will get so fucking strong just sitting in a desert for 10 years?
By being the lingering will of a keyblade wielder known to be really fucking strong?

i guess it takes a high iq to delude yourself that fighting the same group of enemies that you mastered an hour ago over and over and over just to reach the part you're actually having trouble with is fun.
in music when there's a hard part in a piece you're learning you know where you start practicing? at the part that's hard. or just a little bit before it. once you've mastered it you start to include the parts around it. but you don't start from the top every fucking time, that's stupid. you'll just get marginally better at the part you're already good at.

Terra had the potential to be a keyblade master, meaning he was really fucking strong and LW runs on pure rage with no restraint, he managed to beat a fully powered Xehanort after all