Are we still in denial that this game is a masterpiece?

Are we still in denial that this game is a masterpiece?

It's a masterpiece of digital entertainment if you don't actually play video games.

If you play video games then you'll be put off by the mandatory walking-talking segments, terrible friendly AI that runs into enemies, laughable action segments and level design.

Not a masterpiece, but the soundtrack and MP are pretty great.

great voice acting and good writing. soundtrack does its job too

>denial
i its a garbage game
and a pathetic movie with a shitty plot too

It's ok. Evil Within is better for the same gameplay loop. Story is overrated but it was enjoyable; ending kind of ruined it but that's a tiring autist debate I'm not having

i am deeply offended that anyone could call a lame zombie story a masterpiece. The moral dilemma presented is not even a contentious choice.

It is. Sup Forums is full of cancerous contrarians.

There's no denial, it's legit criticism. I finally got around to playing it last summer and any outlet giving it a 10/10 or "THE CITIZEN KANE OF GAMING, EPIC!" is clearly only doing so to try and prop up the medium. The game should lose massive points for the plethora of areas where it's painfully obvious to advance you need to find a ladder, spam climb near bright yellow paint, or grab a pallet in literally any water section.

This is a video game board not a movie board

>terrible friendly AI that runs into enemies
I was more put off by the terrible enemy AI that runs into you. If you killed most stormtroopers in Jedi Knight II, the remaining ones would toss their weapons down and run away. Meanwhile, in Last of Us, if you gunned down every enemy except for one, it didn't matter if that last guy was wielding a rolled up newspaper or a handful of nickels in a sock, he would still charge you headfirst. A game from fucking 2002 gave the enemies better self-preservation mechanics.

It's a solid 8.5. It won't age well. The stealth gameplay was generic as fuck.

fpbp

I enjoyed I am alive .ore than tlou.

FPBP

bought it on ps3 a few months ago. now that I'm on holidays i hope to play it! i love naughty dog and spooky games, so I'm pretty excited

>not a contentious choice
>threads about the ending regularly hit bump limit almost five years after the game's release
You vastly underestimate the amount of retards who actually think Joel did something wrong.

It's a pretty good playable zombie road movie with a sassy daughterfu. It's solid but does not have a lot of replay value. Somewhat looking forward to the sequel and hoping the only good thing about the sequel wasn't the recent PGW trailer that was good fap material.

the existence of clickers automatically means it can't be a 10/10

Why's that?

>zombie anything
>masterpiece
Doesn't exist

REmake and RE4