Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QgVX3HzSV7g
m.youtube.com/watch?t=117s&v=U_8nNnA-Vu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That old man is dead now

Why is it so aesthetically pleasing?

He was never alive

Legends say his body was sent to space

Why people hate this box art so much? It's fucking orginal, subtle and charming. The game is a bullet hell war full of explosions and bumping music, and the cover implies that at some moment you passed through earth, where a serene old man is playing banjo in peace and tranquility unaware of all the chaos you been trough

>397199141

>Raminder that now movie and game covers will just be shitty edited photos

I read recently a article explaining this cover art.

""We knew the game didn't have a lot to offer, but we wanted to make the package arresting. Keith called this kind of thing the 'heavy huh factor.' If we couldn't do anything else, we'd try and get the potential purchaser to stare at the package and try and figure out what just happened. Today it might be called a WTF moment."

>We knew the game didn't have a lot to offer
But Phalanx is fucking good

Was Keith also behind the marketing and box art for Forsaken?

Feels

fucking

bad,

man

>having no armor on your wrist
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Proof?

Never in my life have I ever been so mislead by the box art then with this piece of shit. Even my parents apologized after they saw the shit that went on in this game when I was a kid.

I mean it takes until the end for it to get weird as fuck anyway and most kids barely made it through the first couple stages because of the retarded puzzles.

if doomguy is the guy on the center, from where does the gun in the bottom supposed to come from?

it's the demons

Don't feed the troll, user. Or else, don't feed the retard.

And then, John was a zombie.

Kemco has been around so long why are all of their goddamn games still indie games?

Is this considered good box art?

because they've never wanted to expand past that level. They make generic rpg maker games and make huge profits doing it.

That game came out in... I wanna say '93?

If he isn't dead yet he's at death's door.

what the fuck is that brown thing to the right of the guy

man, video game covers are such shit nowadays
no really, can you show me a good video game cover that has come out in the past 5 years

DOOM 2016's reverse cover (the actual cover)

mirrored version when?

I miss these

nigga if that dude ain't dead yet he ain't never gonna

I made 2 versions

youre a fucking lifesaver

You da man.

Is the singer supposed to look like a guy?

So its safe to say LamaL won the original duel seeing as how he is in this box art as well. But does he have the strength to defeat the legendary conjoined twins known as Erionnoire?

My nigga

>half-life 8

This should clear it up:
youtube.com/watch?v=QgVX3HzSV7g

how did this ever get printed

>state of the art high resolution graphics
Buzzwords worked well back in the 80s too

the trees in the water are actually people
there's a woman's face in the water

I’ve always loved the simplicity of FFIV’s american boxart.

>tv commercial implied some kind of kick ass post apocalyptic wasteland
>sick box cover
>it's just some weird arena shooter

She's German.

I don't think I ever saw a commercial for it. I saw the print ads, though, and they all implied sexy naked women.

See you, space cowboy.

Which do you prefer, Sup Forums?

for one, I was a kid and there was no way in hell I'd ever play that game. I took the box art literally.

NTSC-J cover, of course.

holy shit the right one looks absolutely autismo

I don't understand why they thought the right one would appeal to americans more

left is certainly more pleasing to the eye.

Which one do you prefer and why?

My dad gave me the choice of getting Mr Bones or Clockwork Knight as a kid. I chose Clockwork Knight. I've always wondered if I had fucked up.

Clockwork is infinitely more playable than Mr.Bones wild ride.

Both fine, Japanese is more kino
You fucked up
Only if you're a huge faggot

minimalism can suck a dick

6doffreedom games kickass

m.youtube.com/watch?t=117s&v=U_8nNnA-Vu0

this cover takes me back. I remember not having a ps2 in 2002 at christmas and wanting this game so bad

Curse of Darkness cover is infinitely better. Lament of Innocence is better game though.

Basically Capcom's American publishers didn't give a shit. they sent the artist very low quality sprites and reference work, not even informing them who or what mega man is or what he fights with or against. then they got the art and gave it the thumbs-up

Someone post that Nintendo DS Castlevania game which had a picture of the games box as a cover

>Explosion
>Motorbike
>Ninja
>Cougars
Must have been an awesome game.

I always found the cover for Curse of Darkness a little too dark for my taste, while Lament of Innocence just looks pleasant. Either way they're pretty high up when it comes to PS2 box arts.

Never realized this, wow.
I let my """friend""" borrow this game and the faggot let his friend borrow it, who then sold it. That was years ago but I'm still pissed, who does that?

The Guardian Legend - NES/Famicom

Perfect Dark's cover has a Maian in the reflection on Joanna's eye
Saints Row 1's cover has a cityscape on the background, but most of the buildings are actually gun barrels

>they're pretty high up when it comes to PS2 box arts.
Agreed.
The lighting on the LoI box is one of the best things going for it. It's super dramatic. The art on Leon is generally amazing too. But everything else about the cover is just boring. The background kills it for me.

Curse of Darkness has more going on with the moon, castle, and a stronger gradient. Plus holy shit that character design really shines.

>the 'heavy huh factor'

Fucking love it

You think that's bad? I let my buddy borrow my near pristine copy of Star Ocean 2 and the strategy guide. He let a friend borrow it. That friend moved away, and traded it for a fucking House of the Dead 3 guncon.

My wife ended up buying it for me for my 28th birthday. New copy cost her $120. How fucking ridiculous is that shit?

dont have it but here's an equally as good one

What a fucking faggot, user.

Who does that?

/thread

He's talking from a marketing perspective. He means that without an interesting enough hook people looking for a shooter would just buy the latest R-Type or Gradius.

> Roddy Piper firing triple barreled assault rifle into the ceiling
> Nazis wielding M16 assault rifles

Gets me every time

still can't believe roddy died