Face it guys, single player is dead. It's Games as a Service and micro transactions from here to eternity

Face it guys, single player is dead. It's Games as a Service and micro transactions from here to eternity.

>playing multiplayer games in 2017
Lol. Nah.

Turn Players into Payers!

>A fucking nobody makes a blog post about shit that isn't true to make it sound like it is.

>i'll finally have hope of finishing my backlog
Thank goodess.

No its not ok

>playing AAA games

>*Western Developed* Single Player games are dying

Fixed it

Standard clickbait garbage.

Best Games of the Year
>Breath of the Wild
>single player
>Mario Odyssey
>single player
>Persona 5
>single player
>Nier Automata
>single player
Really makes you think

>Literally who writes an article shilling for EA good boy points

Is there anything worse than "And That's _____" clickbait?

I play jrpgs idgaf

How much you wanna bet this guy also has an article jerking off Breath of the Wild? I swear game journos are the most inconsistent people when it comes to the bullshit they put out.

Uh Nier Automata is multiplayer if you got the real ending u pleb.

Really makes you think. What the fuck is wrong with Western Developers?

It's also not happening, so it's OK.
AAA Single Player will die.

That doesn't mean Indieshits though - remember those awesome A grade games the late 90s through early/mids 2000s - more of them, which is great actually.

That's fine. I'll find another hobby.

>AAA Single-Player Games Are Dying
>5 of the 6 GOTY contenders are AAA Single-Player Games
What did he mean by this?

And yet nobody here bought wolfenstein for much dumber reasons that microtransactions

I bet soon he'll write an article titled "Breath of the Wild Was Okay But Wouldn't It Be Better As A Massively Online Early Access Survival RPG With Micro Transaction Lootboxes And Subscription Fees?"

>Emily (((Goldstein)))

Not really, its not like you have real people playing with you, its just a message and a savefile.

AAA singleplayer games are a lost cause, they'll slowly but surely turn to in-app purchases and online interactivity until they can no longer be called singleplayer.

Good riddance I say. AAs will take over and that's where all the passionate talent will eventually end up.

>Singleplayerfags consider Persona a good game

really makes you think

>falling for a satirical article written by Sup Forums

>A is B and it's C

why do all nu-"journalists" do this?

Actual GOTY
>PUBG

They're just pushing a message.

They want Single Player to die, because their biggest clients for advertising do, which means more money for them.
Huge releases like Battlefront make them millions, smaller releases like ELEX don't, since they don't have the budget for the expensive advertising packages.

Don't listen to journalists whose paychecks come from advertising, no matter what field they're covering.

Sup Forums again confirmed for Jews

it's real

>playing games

Is Elex as fun as Gothic?

You know that anyone can publish an "article" on Thought Catalog, right?

Not one western game. What did they mean by this?

Who the fuck started the trend of these passive-aggressive headlines?

AAA games tend to suck literal ass.

AA games or just A games are often better.

I hare it when journalists speak in absolutes like they are taking you through an intervention.

>here is how things are gonna be round here from now on kid

needs more zombie crafting

duh I've been saying this shit since LoL was bought by china and WoW still making money

That sounds more like an LN title than an article.

>it's real

wow

Been looking for this. Saved. Thanks champ.

Millennials

Why do these faggot "journalists" always tell you what you should think in their click-bait headlines

AAA singlepayer dying and taking the AAA audience away from indie/AA stuff so they only stay in their pozzed up sector of gaming?

allah the compassionate and merciful let this be true

>And That's Fine
>And That's Awesome
>And That's
>And That's
>And That's
>And That's

It is fine, if they're replaced with AA single-player games.

>single player AAA games are dying
>OP thinks all games are AAA and doesn't bother with more niche titles
>Screencapping clickbait and posting it on Sup Forums just to get replies
Your life is a mess.

No, singleplayer AAA is dead.
And, again, that's okay, because AAA singleplayer games have been shitty Hollywood-esque turds for almost a decade.

Yep, more A-grade games, less AAA - I'm actually a little excited.
AAA can burn like Hollywood.

It's like I'm really back in 2010-2012

Nah

this guy can eat shit

>No rev2
Fag

This reminds me of that "Yes, white people are getting replaced and that's fine"

Thank god I don't read click bait articles that you shill on chinese cartoon discussion platforms. Also, no games that exist today are worth saving anyway.

delete this libcuck

Why do journalists feel the need to tell me what I should be thinking in their titles?
And what the hell was even the point of the article?
>Multiplayer AAA games are overtaking single player ones because they usually have larger playerbases and they are easier to monetize.
No shit sherlock.

But, does that really mean they should or that the removal of blacks would be allowed to remain up there? You already kno the answer so don't reply.

Does anyone genuinely believe this shit besides game critics? They're still niche games, but even games like Cuphead to Nier to Yakuza, or even bigger budget games like Horizon and Zelda sell well without going for the "Games as a service" model, hell even the "AA" model seems to be making a comeback with smaller scale publishers and games making waves on Steam.

i learned this trick from Sup Forums

but I don't have any friends.

Don't worry dude. I'll save single player gaming..... soon... soonish....soon™

Libcuck journalists are a joke. So it really doesn't matter where they come from.

why is it that journos always type things in this retarded way

like starting with "yes" finishing the title with "and thats fine", ALL of them do this shit why? it is retarded and why? why they do it?

Why are these articles always "this-bad-thing, and that's fine"?

>le thought catalog maymay
They publish just about anything as long as it isn't obviously awful (like completely filled with spelling errors) and as long as the headline doesn't say something like "gas the jews"

>do you understand why I had to punish you

Boy, they really hate white people.

are u saying liberals are born that way

Another one. The whole article that just whines about women and was still allowed up.

>Goldstein
Every fucking time

No that's false, indie shit is still shit too
You guys lied to me
Indies aren't the saviors of the industry nor hidden gems

People want to be told what to think because they are afraid to think for themselves. Even here where people are anonymous there is the same thing unfortunately.

You seem to be suffering from whataboutism.

Indie games had a chance until the infestation occured. Sorry.

Another one, written by Gavin McInnes, that's still up on the website. Boy oh boy, how convenient that Sup Forums doesn't mention this?

>be an Xbox player
>buy overwatch at launch for $60
>need to renew my live so I can play it, another 60 for the year
>I'll have to pay yet another 60 to access the game I own in the future
>Ah well, ignore it and just try to focus on having fun
>open main menu
>New hero
>David Bowie with spooky dark magic
>neat let's look at his character profile
>Go to hero gallery
>a loud siren goes off in game
>My Xbox fan kicks in to overdrive, spins so loud and fast that the windows rattle and the temperature in the room rises 30 degrees
>Jeff Kaplan appears on my screen
>Attention consumer, this is a pre-recorded message from your pals at Blizzard. Hi, it's me, uh, Jeff. How's it going? ... Um, I noticed you haven't reached your weekly Loot Box purchase quota this week. Until you take care of this, you won't be allowed to access any mode on the menu except Loot Box, Training and editing your player icon. Press A to purchase Xbox Live points. Please do not turn off your console or exit the Overwatch Origins app for 6 hours, many consumers are reporting this causing critical system overheating and failure.

It's true; AAA games cost way too much to develop nowadays. They need extra revenue and longevity in player's hands, so they have to focus on multiplayer. 2D indieshit, being much cheaper to develop, is also the much greater creative force in the industry

You seem to be suffering from the "I'm oppressed by the invisible cultural boogeyman". Thought Catalog is not a legitimate journalistic outlet. It accepts all sorts of articles as long as it's spellchecked and looks somewhat okay. There are articles whining about women and trans people that are still up there. There are articles on other websites, like Gawker, whining about Thought Catalog being taken over by white supremacists.

If single player is dying then I'm out. It was a good run but I can't walk down that path.

There are some amazing Western games this year.

But they're all indie. And single player.

I never said Indies, I said A grade.
That implies publishers, just not the Behemoths and behemoth budgets.

TES was A grade once for example. (upto and including Morrowind)

Leave single player to people who actually care about games. AAA has to cater to mouthbreathers too much because of "bottom line" and shit; this invariably leads to shortcuts, unrealised potential and a final product that just doesn't match the original vision. High-mid level indie devs do story better. Usually.
I'm fine with this.

Most AAA games are trash. Indie has a lot of great single player games.

Remember when people said the horror genre is dead?

>and that's x
>and here's why
I fucking hate these shitty ass headlines

Because media outlets exist only to try to tell you what to think.

AAA and Indie are two extreme ends of the scale.

Why is it always "and that's fine" or "and why that's ok/ good for ***" etc etc. Truly opinews is the only way now. Sup Forums will never stop being right and it is terrifying.

Welcome to the world of hamfisted online multiplayer gaming
Every game will be barebones and generic, your experience will always be determined by other people you don't even know, there will always be someone with better shit or who plays better and you pay full price (even more if you pre-order one of the overpriced deluxe editions!) just for the opportunity to mindlessly run around in little circles killing and respawning while strangers babble/shriek in your ear until an arbitrary quota is met and then you get to spend extra money on loot crates, map packs, weapon skins, day 1 dlc and season passes if you want to have a chance compete with the other players that will kick your ass if you don't buy the aforementioned
Then you get to repeat this process over and over until the servers are taken down, rendering your game completely and utterly useless
Online gaming is cancer and it's ruining the quality of muh vidya

I imagine gaming will have its own Netflix in the future, we already sort of have stuff like this but subscription based singleplayer collections will be a bigger thing I think.

you forgot Hollow Knight and Yakuza 0.

I don't want single player to die, but I'm open to more semi multiplayer aspects in games.
Things like the pawn system in dragons dogma and the online ur-dragon
Dark souls had the messages as well
I don't know what these systems offical name is, but I want to see more, not just 'kill these players lel'

>you get to repeat this process over and over until the servers are taken down, rendering your game completely and utterly useless
But don't worry, because there will be another one next year and then you can do it all over again!

>Netflix
So gaming will turn into a crushed bitrate stream to save on bandwidth, that you can't play in any video player you like, can't edit, can't take anywhere, and all your money goes to everyone instead of the developer you like, for instance amy schumers comedy special?
Wow fucking sign me up m80