Are you hyped for the new pokemon games on switch?

are you hyped for the new pokemon games on switch?

Only reason to own a Switch.

Not at all. Y is the most recent title I've played and it was just way too braindead in its difficulty and the charming artwork and score of the first two gens is long gone. I'm sure the Switch titles will be even worse.

They have to convince me that they've listened and are actually putting in effort in this one.
I fucking hope it's not being rushed

No

I don't have a Switch and will never own one under any circumstances

Do we know who is directing the Switch one?

HGSS were shit and ORAS were good though

I haven't played pokemon since 2011.

Not at all.
After Pokemon Go did so well I have a feeling they are going back to Kanto or some shit.
They brought Giovanni back for a reason, I don't like where this is headed.

>They have to convince me that they've listened and are actually putting in effort in this one.
>I fucking hope it's not being rushed
Nah, you're gonna get the same shit we had on 3ds or maybe worse, but honestly you fags deserve this for shitting on gen 5 and pissing off masuda.

Understandable, BW were pretty bad

Gen 5 was garbage and deserves more shit than it gets.

Mystery Dungeon with AAA budget?

>Mystery Dungeon
>mainline

>They brought Giovanni back for a reason
he was in PWT too though, wasn't he?
they have a lot of leaders in this, not just him

didn't play them enough to get an opinion desu.

Also understandable. The only advantage they had over gen 4 was the increased speed, but the games had no fucking content.

I beat 5 gyms in Y and 2 gyms in OR before quitting out of boredom, so no.

Pokemon is such an amazingly under utilized franchise.
imagine it in the hands of a competent developer

Go on, tell us your shitty ideas.

You can now fuck your pokemons.

Black and White killed my interest in Pokemon, but Sun and Moon helped get my back into it. So I hope the Switch game is good, I'll probably pick it up.

Can you imagine what a media shitstorm it'd be if they went with a full 3D remake of Red/Blue on Switch? With a bigger overwold and revamped "Encounter" system where you "actually see pokemon" rather than running around in tall grass?

It'd be pokemon go all over again. The normies would go insane

>revamped "Encounter" system where you "actually see pokemon" rather than running around in tall grass?
It's shit desu

>The normies would go insane
No they wouldn't, because normies don't own Switches

I have low hopes for mainline after the shitshow that was SuMo

Tell that to chumsoft.

I don't know how the hell they are going to mange to outdo EoS.

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Sapphire in 2003.
Have they released a game with all the regions?
Can you disable the horrible new graphics and go back Gen 3 graphics?
Did the game difficult for veterans or does it still hand hold?

Black and White 2 fixed that issue. They feel so much more vast. Having pokemon from past gens in all the routes this time around really helps.

No, no, no

These are my most anticipated games. Even though Pokemon has sucked for like half a decade.

>Can you disable the horrible new graphics and go back Gen 3 graphics?
gen 3 was easily one of the ugliest gens you dumb 90's kid nostalgiafag

BW is easily the best masuda game after maybe FR /LG

What kind of gimmick would you guys want in the Switch version? 32 gigs worth of stuff you can have.

The thing is that GameFreak doesn't make spinoffs like PMD.

user for the everloving fuck, read the Image that's actually what Masuda said regarding Switch's game.

The only hope you can't hold is SM upscaled to 720p with framedrops and everything

good idea

Eh, super mystery dungeon was good, gave me hope for the next iteration in the franchise desu

no wonder gen 4 were my last. might try gen 5 though

>user for the everloving fuck, read the Image that's actually what Masuda said regarding Switch's game.
I know
the chains of Pokemon autism have hooked me too deep

Fusions, but only for certain Pokemon. They gain an additional type, extra stats, two abilities, but a fusion occupies two slots on your team, so you can only have five Pokemon on a team if you utilize fusions.

So are we actually going to get a new gen with the Switch version, or is it just going to be half assed?

Ok, thanks.

no u

>Did the game difficult for veterans or does it still hand hold?
its worse than ever before, somehow. mega-evolutions force you into using them yourself in the story, and they literally give you latios/latias before 6th gym

Gen 5 is good, BW are good games but B2W2 are even better and IMO the best pokemon games to date.

And I'm not saying it wasn't, is just that Eos is going to be 10 years old and has yet to be surpassed.

We will get an half assed new gen for the switch.

Please, no. Megas are already stupid enough.

I figured they would go for this route. maybe the story would be fusing gone wrong, the major plot is that a Pokemon was fused so much that it became corrupted. it turns out to be Missingno

>Did the game difficult for veterans or does it still hand hold?
The last game that attempted to add any form of hard mode was shitted on so hard by the pokemon fanbase, that Masuda gave up on trying and decided to just make shit games with the least effort possible.

I like the way you think.

Considering that the last 4 games were half assed, and they have to use up the very limited amount of effort they seem to have at game freak on learning to dev for switch, I think you know the answer.

Switch Pokemon should let you be able to download an app on your smartphone that lets you take your Pokemon with you and either trade to battle other players.

I feel like Masuda or whoever the fuck is in charge gets all their feedback from fucking facebook comments or something, since everything the core pokemon fanbase seems to want is constantly ignored, but every game seems to add shit to appeal to the normies who want gen 1 instead.

>GF
>Feedback

They actually said and I quote "we do like we feel is better for the progression of the franchise". They just told us to our faces that there's no such thing as feedback for them, I like the honesty but dammit it hurts.

I just want to see my Pokemon following me again in the field. That little feature was so fun to see in HG/SS.

Not unless they drastically change the formula. Though I'll still probably buy it because at the very least, the community around the new gens release are generally fun.

I'd pirate it if I could.

>but honestly you fags deserve this for shitting on gen 5 and pissing off masuda

This desu. The man puts his all in it and people shit on it. Then he doesn't even try next time and people gush over it. I'd lose all of my passion for the franchise too.

>it turns out to be a collection of the handheld games
Just watch

As much as I'd hate this idea, Mega Agglix, Suishram and Dialgleon are looking pretty cool.

did masuda really say that

by that logic why even make the fucking game at all

Personamon when? Dating Hex and using Pokemon in place of Persona when?

Is she made for sex?

They are listening.
USUM has a reference to the battle pyramid as well as some random pokemon that can follow you.
They just aren't willing to put the effort in for whatever reason.

I barely got past the first island in S/M only to drop it shortly after.

So no. I'm still surprised I was able to get through Pokemon X.

>she

I've outgrown Pokemon games because I'm not the target audience anymore and I can accept that.
The battle system still interests me though, so I play Showdown from time to time.

I heard it's the other way around

>The man puts his all in it and people shit on it.
Ironically he included in his games everything that these fags are always claiming to want, and yet they end up rejecting them and calling then shit.

No, because I'm expecting it to just be another Colosseum/XD style barebones battle matcher. If it's not going to be a new full-blown pokermans game, I don't give a shit.

>Colosseum/XD
Are you saying colosseum and XD were bad?

I fucking hate Nintendo but if Gamefreak makes the Pokemon game everyone has wanted, I'll even buy a schitch

Mega Evolutions for ALL Pokemon, not just some. It was the best gimmick but was poorly utilized. Z moves were a shitty, lazy replacement.

No, but I am saying they're like being stuck eating just a couple hors d'oeuvres in the lobby when there's a full banquet in the next room.

IT'S A FUCKING RPG WITH AN EVER GROWING ROSTER OF CHARACTERS TO CATCH AND TRAIN
IT'S BY NATURE MEANT TO TAKE A LOT OF FUCKING TIME TO PLAY THE GAME TO THE FULLEST
WHAT IN THE HELL IS A FEW EXTRA FEATURES TO BREAK ANY MONOTONY?

Nah but I'll buy it anyway because I love mediocre turn based time sink RPGs. Just a good way to unwind.

They LITERALLY said it is going to be a full blown pokemon game, since the switch is the next nintendo handheld and thus the only thing they have left to put the games on.

GF aren't going to make the Pokemon game we all want, they are going to make the Pokemon game that 10 years old japanese kids and they wants.

>progression of the franchise
>constantly living in the past
Okay gamefreak.

>yfw the switch title ends up being a fun, fresh, unjewified take on the series

I mean this why do they remove cool.features likebthe battle frontier or the PWT?
they already thought uo that shit how difficult can it be to add it again?

>Mega Evolutions for ALL Pokémon
kek how about no

>mfw its actually just more of the same as the 3DS games.

I don't get hype for games that are 2+ years away.

No, I'm just getting some to play now.
I don't get hyped at such a vague announcement that we don't even have a proper title for yet, an announcement they rushed out just because Switch owners were screeching like rabid monkeys.

That comment at the bottom is a huge red flag to me. My hopes for the game dropped to nothing when I first heard that interview. Also, they look so hesitant and awkward when speaking.

They really don't seem happy that they have to move to the Switch. I'd think a dev would be glad to have more powerful hardware to work with. It opens up more possibilities for the creative process. More ideas can be implemented and such.

I'm not even hyped for USUM.

HG/SS was so fucking good it's actually sad to think how bad the gen 3 remake was in comparison. It actually re-intersted me in the Pokemon series as someone in high school. I took my fucking PokeWalker on the DL to level up my Gengar and Alakazam. Good shit

Can someone redpill me on the Lycanroc furnigger pandering?

Because Gamefreak is fucking lazy/rushes their shit like AssCreed and CoD

WHERE IS YOUR GOD

Will they realize that having most of the NPCs use one Pokemon is bullshit?

I got bored with HG 20 hours in and dropped it, should I scalp it?

>Loved pokemon but stop playing after diamond
>Try to play black and white
>cant force myself through it
>Try to play ultra moon
>cant force myself through it

Are the new pokemon games just that bad or have I outgrown them

Both.

They're well aware, but they do it for the Mobile Game-addicted Children in Japan because they lack the attention span to keep playing a game if it presents them with a challenge of any sort outside of Bosses.

Haven't played Pokemon since the first one (Blue). I know nothing else about the series. If I wanted to play another one which game should I start with? Which is considered the best generation?

>Blissy's HP and Special Defense
>Skarmony's Defense and Typing
>Softboiled
Could you even kill this monstrosity?

It's honestly probably series fatigue. That's what I have. Pokemon games were practically the only games I played growing up, and it really hit me during XY, although Gen 6 wasn't very good anyway.