EA Proves They're The WORST Company In America... AGAIN

I saw an article where a guy spent 90 bucks and a couple hours open lootboxes and crafting shit to max out one of the classes, all the weapons and perks for the class, etc. That guy is going to rape anyone who doesn't spend money because you'll be stuck with the shit starter gear and they'll just have the top tier shit

youtu.be/Uv894n2TQ_E

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/17/battlefront-2-loot-boxes-originally-were-cosmetic-items/
quotes.wsj.com/EA
consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/
dualshockers.com/ea-no-impact-star-wars-battlefront-2-microtransactions/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uv894n2TQ_E&index=1&list=PLdieOq4iRzjUPZ3Y2HQXWGsFrHO_SWBUM
cnbc.com/2017/11/15/wall-street-is-getting-worried-social-media-outrage-over-eas-star-wars-game-may-hurt-sales.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wtf I hate ea now
>*buys all their games anyways a year later*
Every time. It's like net neutrality where it rolls into town for a week and everyone collectively screeches about it and then it's gone and nobody cares until it happens the next week.

you got that right

Haven't bought EA product since before 2005 fuck em

Gamers are such clueless entitled retards that they actually think a company charging for character skins is the worst company in the country.

EA plz

>character skins
You're joking, right?

>EA is the worst company in America again
Stop being so dramatic, there are plenty of other big companies that fuck over their customers much, much harder.

playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/17/battlefront-2-loot-boxes-originally-were-cosmetic-items/

EA IS LITERALLY HITLER!! xD

*FIFA IS STILL THE BEST SELLING GAME THIS YEAR*

Even in a stacked year for games, gamers clearly don't give a shit about this stuff as much as they claim. I suspect people aren't actually upset about MTX in this game rather that it's pay to win.

>Even in a stacked year for games, gamers clearly don't give a shit about this stuff as much as they claim. I suspect people aren't actually upset about MTX in this game rather that it's pay to win.
Because the people who buy and play videogames don't spend 99% of their free time on game forums complaining about how games are shit. Sup Forums and leddit aren't core gamers. They are fringe lunatics who don't buy anything unless it is some shallow waifu weeb shit.

I'm simply stating the facts

quotes.wsj.com/EA

consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Go ask Wall Street

I don't know if theyre addressing a particular incident or not but I know most of the hate for the game Evolved was just about hundreds of dollars worth of skins. I'm not saying that isn't bullshit but at the end of the day skins have to be one of the least important things to throw a fit over.

>They're The WORST Company In America... AGAIN

But they're the BEST at making money.

Stay mad faggots.

by that definition

so is bank of america

>Thinking golden poo's matter
It was only funny electing EA because people knew they would actually respond to it. Companies like Comcast, Walmart, BoA don't give a shit if they get that award because it means absolutely nothing.

Sup Forums nowaday is just a shilling board. This piece of crap is literally owned by the big developers.
Seriously how much are they paying you?

>Thinking I'm a shill because I'm telling the truth
EA is a shit company but they're far from being the worst in America, do you really think video games matter that much?

imagine being this delusional, it's funny seeing how triggered you redditors get when people point out logically that EA has every right to charge what they want for a game

>redditors
>EA is a shit company

>$5 billion revenue out of a total pot of $23 billion in the US

Not mattering

EA hasn't published a good game since Dead Space 2 or something I rarely ever get an EA game

hello EA

Walmart rakes in a net revenue of 400 billion a year, Bank of America around 40 billion, and Comcast 80 billion. All 3 are much shittier companies than EA.

dualshockers.com/ea-no-impact-star-wars-battlefront-2-microtransactions/

God why even have it then!

>not blindly following some keyboard warrior movement like a sheep makes you a EA shill

Excerpt Walmart, bank of america and Comcast largely only effect people living in the US. Everyone in the world has to put up with bullshit that EA pushes.

>2%
Literally nothing.

>blindly following some keyboard warrior movement like a sheep makes you a EA shill

>Defending anti consumer business practices

Companies are required by law to maximize profit meaning that the only way to stop shitty businesses practices is through either regulation or negative publicity and loss of revenue.

Last I checked, it was declared worst company in AMERICA, not the world.

This.

>Anti consumer
The consumers are the ones at fault here, if gamers weren't fucking stupid and had self control, lootboxes and DLC wouldn't be such a big issue. You can blame the company all you want, at the end of the day they're going to try and make as much money as possible.

>America

Nothing of value.

I admit I hardly know enough about EA's shit and the current gripe about the new Star Wars "so why reply you fdjkhdlahdsbd???", but I do wonder if the hate generated towards lootboxes and cosmetics is simply because for most of us, we're used to "100%" completion rates - seeing achievement in all the things we can get from the days of platforming, single-player collectathons. When progress towards that is obstructed behind a paywall in a different form, obviously we have a reason to be upset.

To me, I'm just indifferent. If I care that much about what I'd appear like cosmetically, sure as all hell I'd like it to be as close to my tastes as I want. But I'd have to shell out bucks and practically gamble to do that. Faced with that dilemma, I just won't pay.

>Go ask Wall Street
Have you checked their stocks? Wallstreet loves them. It dropped 2 points on release day then recovered fully within 24 hours.

taking advantage of people that are unaware.... blah blah blah

here you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv894n2TQ_E&index=1&list=PLdieOq4iRzjUPZ3Y2HQXWGsFrHO_SWBUM

Is that so?

cnbc.com/2017/11/15/wall-street-is-getting-worried-social-media-outrage-over-eas-star-wars-game-may-hurt-sales.html

>defending the use of physiological manipulation in order to increase profits.

You do understand loot boxes employ the exact same tactics as slot machines in order to entice people to play, right? Except that unlike slot machines loot boxes have absolutely no form of regulation.

>All the shills

this would be a slightly different thread if it were just skins and other shit like overwatch, but its not, it was literally a p2w system to "help" you get more shit unlocked, that or play for 2 years straight to unlock shit with your credits
>waah vader is locked behind a paywall
Its not that hes directly behind a $20 charge to origin, its that most heros require credits to unlock, and you need a couple thousand credits to unlock said heros/items. and then they reduced the rewards you get in game, at the same time made it where no matter what you do you get the same amount of credits for being in the game for 10 minutes as the guy whos been on the same match for 30 minutes

Anyone that pays for additional shit outside of full expansions deserves to die

>Its not that hes directly behind a $20 charge to origin, its that most heros require credits to unlock, and you need a couple thousand credits to unlock said heros/items. and then they reduced the rewards you get in game, at the same time made it where no matter what you do you get the same amount of credits for being in the game for 10 minutes as the guy whos been on the same match for 30 minutes
Are you retarded? I unlocked both Vader & Luke, the two most expensive items in the game, within 5 matches. 15k credits each. Your argument is invalid.

Their stocks dropped. A few more situations like SWBF2 and the investors will get a bit more nervous.

>5 day
that means nothing

I haven't laughed like that in a while.

and I wish it was fucking skins and emotes and not fucking star shit cards to give you a slight advantage over people, this aint a damned pvp mmo, its just a fps. Sure some jerk whos been playing since release is gonna have more weapons than you, but its not the case here, you either pay for lootboxes to get credits or crafting parts, or even fucking duplicates of shit you already got? Or you just grind games over and over until you finally have enough credits to unlock something, or enough crafting parts to craft star shit for yourself? the entire star cards system is crap, not like adding a scope to your weapon in battlefront, imagine battlefront had lootbox shit you could buy to give yourself more health/damage
>i know they had perks but they worked differently based on teamwork with a squad
this just sounds like old EA mind tricks to get me to buy the game, even though its not even the lootboxes that put me off the most, I played the beta and saw the shit going on, pretty much just battlefield with a starwars skin slapped on top, but now you gotta unlock jets instead of just waiting for them to spawn

it means everything in the context of the public backlash that's been happening.
Look further. The three month trend is downwards. I mean, they're at the top of the pile and dropping from a position of strength, so of course it's easy to shrug off.
Deny all you want, there /could/ be some dark clouds on the horizon for EA if they don't address some public perception issues.

moving goalposts

>slicing your arm over an RC car game
wew, its as if people cant handle the small shit

Thank you anons for containing all EA shills on this thread. Godspeed.

>stocks dropped

Oh fuck off.

Nintendo stocks drop more than that on a DAILY basis, as do most vidya stocks.

You honestly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

You don't understand businesses. I get high praise at my job for a 2% profit increase from the same day a year prior.

>You honestly have no fucking idea what
you're talking about.

can you read?

id get fired for only a 2% increase

i think YOU dont understand business

How much is 2% of a day's profits for your employer? That's an important consideration

>can you read?

I can read fine, but apparently you can't think beyond what's being spoon fed to you in shitty articles.

>everyone
Make that the opposite.