Splatoon is better than Overwatch

This really needs to be said. But I find it LAUGHABLE how the industry as a whole is trying their hardest to promote Overwatch as some sort of success story while people try their hardest to pretend that Splatoon does not exist.

Make no mistake, Splatoon is by FAR the superior franchise in every way imaginable. Not only is the game itself more innovative, fun and balanced, the world of Splatoon has layers of complexity and intrigue that Overwatch can't hope to match.

Splatoon spin off games are going to be a huge deal while Overwatch fans will be expected to pony up hard cash for costumes. Pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/08/03/activision-blizzards-revenue-and-profit-forecasts-surge-due-to-overwatch/
youtube.com/watch?v=uUaeGdNxBl8
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6nj7c0/splatoon_2_uses_p2p_for_online_game_play/
nintendoradar.com/threads/splatoon-2-uses-p2p-and-connects-to-a-validation-server-at-start-up.12172/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overwatch
>get really good at one hero
>get banned for playing that hero exclusively

Splatoon2
>enter match
>get disconnected because of shit servers
>try another match
>get disconnected again because of the shit servers
>get banned for 5 minutes

>Things that never happen

No one would ban a player for using the same character over and over. That' s just silly.

>This post

This can't be real.

Yeah and grass is green.

24 hrs ban is laughable, but lets dwell on this. If you play ranked games specifically and are uncooperative as suggested in the response it's a no-brainer, same if you just run and camp in one place, "it's muh playstyle etc". Dumb people are dumb the end. Also he could just stick to normals and I can bet there would be no consequences for his behavior.

>Splatoon2
>bad servers
>bad servers
>current year
you're one of those guys who hasn't played a single game in years and just wastes his time on Sup Forums aren't you?

Does splatoon still have those shitty time restrictions for playing different gamemodes?

Overwatch is ass. But Splatoon 2 is even worse.

It's now 2 hours but now instead of only having ranked and regular to choose from you can choose between PvE, Ranked and Regular

it really isn't a negative
you need to consider that nintnedo didn't do it with the intention of making the game worse; they did it because it makes the gameplay constantly fresh rather then something like just playing two fort for the millionth time

>Splatoon is better than Overwatch

the delusion nintendo manchild autist fans have is astonishing

>shit is better than poop
wew lad

I think cod has a higher ceiling that both games

Team Fortress 2 still destroys them both.

>not locked to consoles so it uses actually good controls and not motion control trash
>no disgusting sex fanservice or loli pandering degeneracy
>highest skill ceiling in any video game past 2007, being beaten only by legendary shooters like Quake and Unreal Tournament
>allowed to access any event any time without shills trying to justify it like
>never banned for hurt feelings or saying something "problematic"
>continued support for 10 years, while Splatoon had to be abandoned 2 years in for the sequel
>one disallows voice chat because "gamers are evil and problematic" while the other bans you for spamming voice commands. TF2 does neither

>>allowed to access any event any time without shills trying to justify it like (You)
So where's you argument against it?
Look user, we can't all be autist who are okay with playing dustbowl for ten years straight. And don't pretend like you go to the other maps; I've played plenty of tf2 and know how it works.

>highest skill ceiling in any video game past 2007, being beaten only by legendary shooters like Quake and Unreal Tournament
>Random crits

I've had cysts on my ass that are better than OW

>Look user, we can't all be autist who are okay with playing dustbowl for ten years straight.
Good thing there are 100+ maps to choose from, and people playing on all of them all the time. I don't need Valve to tell me when I'm allowed to play any of them. I can go to them at my discretion without being restricted.

>b-but limited time scream fortress maps
All of which I can play on dedicated servers year round.

Random crits are majorly given to players who are doing good. So git gud.

I know you don't play those other maps. We've all played TF2 user stop pretending.

If I don't play those other maps, then how can I own a silver contracker, which requires you playing 50% of those maps minimum?

>is trying their hardest to promote Overwatch as some sort of success story
they dont need to try. A new IP was the most successful beta in history, its one of the best selling games ever made, selling 35 million copies in 1 year. Its a billion dollar IP from lootboxes alone. Whether or not Splatoon is better in your opinion is irrelevant, OW is a huge success story and other devs will try to emulate it and its success for years to come.

probably agree, overwatch fanbase is a bunch of underage tripple A title buying faggots.

>go to SXSW gaming award show
>last award of the night
>Game of the Year
>Overwatch doesn't get it
>lots of underage kids start crying
>start boo'ing
>start leaving early
>parents telling kids "It's okay honey"
>You like the game thats all that matters
>go to the dream hack booth that same day
>Nothing but underage kids playing overwatch
>all of them talking about their SR
>same underage teenage faggots talking about which character they would bonk
>All of them akwardly holding their shrimp dicks during cosplay

Yeah if you play overwatch your parents either hate you so much they bought you the game to not spend time with you

You have no social skills
You're a hard blizzard drone that would buy anything they sell.

if you play splatoon at worst you're just a wapanese kid trying to interact with some japanese person who doesn't like you.

hit and quit then idle and whale spend $600 dollars on keys and vervoily hope no body recognizes you're the same as overfags

This is objectively true.

>$0.15 Blizzard Bux (TM) has been deposited to your Battle.net (R) (TM) account

>I have never touched Team Fortress 2 at any point in my life: the post

fags like you ruined the game
I popped in for the pyro update only to see jew valve trying to get me to buy shit

>I popped in for the pyro update only to see jew valve trying to get me to buy shit
How dare a company want to make money, right? Especially on cosmetics that don't affect the gameplay balance, while maps and pyroland contracts and scream fortress cosmetics come free without any strings. The nerve, right?

>not even 6000 hours
Pathetic.

Yeah you're right, that guy is an idiot.
Splatoon doesn't even use servers, it's all p2p.
Poor Nintendo can't afford real servers because they're tight on money, we should all support them by buying an online subscription next year.

This. Even though Nintendo has enough money to lose profit for 50 years and still end up fiscally secure at the end of it, they "might" go bankrupt any day now! we need to support them by buying amiibos and season passes.

Why stop there? We should all get limited edition splatoon 2 empty boxes, to add to our amiibo collection.

It's true.
Splatoon 1 > splatoon 1.5(2) though.

Don't be delusional, get some servers that aren't 15 tick and disconnection instantly first.

>PvE
You can only do that when it's available. Seems like a relevant thing to mention since user was complaining about the wait times. Quit lying by omission, shill.

Post hours played pussy

Let’s look at thenobjective facts here
>overwtach has sold more than splatoon
>overwatch has a better reception than splatoon
>overwatch is more relevant at present than splatoon
>overwatch currently has more players than splatoon
Nah, sounds like Nintendo fanboying to me. You can’t really say which game is better due to subjectivism, but let’s face it, the facts are not in your favor.

Despite all of that, it's not going to go anywhere.

It's the TF2 situation all over again. The developers aren't going to want to do anything new with the IP once everything is said and done. We are already at the point where the game is only relevant because of lootboxes.

Meanwhile Splatoon is going to continue to explode into the multi media scene and go on to become one of Nintendo's big IPs. I'm talking concerts featuring the characters, I'm talking merchandise, I'm talking spin off material, manga and anime adaptions, the list goes on and on.

>trying their hardest

Lmao. They don't even need to try. It IS a massive success. Huge in comparison to your little Nintendo game.
You can find it laughable when they fail with their Overwatch League shit, but if it's even remotely successful, I'll think of you and laugh.

>Splatoon spin off games are going to be a huge deal

like what?

It won't be. Overrwatch HAS failed as an actual game.

Splatoon 2 should've been $10 DLC for the Wii U. Guess you've gotta have some other game for the Switch besides just Mario and Zelda though.

A Splatoon match can be over before the Overwatch match even starts, that automatically makes it better.
Of course the real reason is that Salmon Run is a billion times better than anything Overwatch will ever offer.

>completely re-do the game
>10 bucks

fortune.com/2017/08/03/activision-blizzards-revenue-and-profit-forecasts-surge-due-to-overwatch/

Total failure right here bros

>SR
I like shitting on OW and all, but let's not pretend that SR is even remotely good.

>1.000.000 Splatcoins
>nothing to buy anymore
>no shitty lootboxes where i can decorate my woomys arpartment or some shit

>world of Splatoon has layers of complexity and intrigue
>it's another post-apocalypse world

>Overwatch fans will be expected to pony up hard cash for costumes. Pathetic.
Amiibos

OP must've gotten disconnected from another matched and decided to spend the next 5 minutes shit-posting.

Splatoon doesn't ban you for playing how you want in ranked

Yeah it sounds like this person was playing competitive and absolutely refused to work with his team. I don't really have a lot of sympathy for people who act like giant trolls and then try to pretend all innocent just because the e-mail doesn't call you a faggot directly.

Thanks doc

too bad you cant play splatoon on a PC

Splatoon2:
$500+ to play
Overwatch:
$500+ to play with 1million+ other games you can also buy.

come on man im a nintenfucker but this is retarded
splatoon shitters are the worst part of the nintendo fanbase

I don't get what's appealing about Overwatch. It looks like a clusterfuck and not fun or satisfying to play.

Splatoon doesn't have servers.

Yes, corner camping: the game. Such a high skill ceiling.

Get a wired connection. The Switch has garbage wifi and Splatoon is a more demanding game connection-wise because of being P2P and having the turfing mechanic that needs to be updated to all players simultaneously.

And none of them are as good as the handful of games the Switch got this year.
>$500
The Switch is $300.

You're just stating the obvious

Yeah you can, can even play it online

youtube.com/watch?v=uUaeGdNxBl8

But why would you, it's not a great game, people just like it because it's Nintendo

Perfect all your gear.

The concerts are already real. Aren't the Squid Sisters the first vidya idols to make it into the real world as idols?

>500+?

Why can't people just like both? That's what I do.

People who are this bad at math shouldn't post about math

Splatoon literally already has all of those things you listed either done or in the works.

Not the first. Miku kinda qualifies as vidya. Lots of idol games and shows get live performances in Japan.

It's only big in Japan because of shit taste elsewhere. Japs love it and are probably the reason it's still P2P. Game needs dedicated servers outside of Japan because we all don't live on a dinky island with a hundred million people and good internet.

>Despite all of that, it's not going to go anywhere.

Um, what? So despite the fact that Overwatch is still one of Blizzard's most popular IPs and is directly increasing their revenue and profit forecasts singlehandedly it's not gonna go anywhere. Meanwhile Splatoon is going to become a huge smash hit all while it has a relatively minor release.

This has gotta be bait, and if so congrats. But Jesus this is stupid.

Read the post again

Because of Lootboxes.

What part of this is hard to understand? It is making money because of spergs. If Splatoon were to do the same thing it would make ten times as much.

Honestly I could see the Animal Crossing mobile game pulling that much, but no one is going to go OMG BEST GAME EVER MADE.

>game that came out last year is one of the biggest IPs of a company that has four IPs
color me shocked

its right there you brainlet

> Game x sold more than game y and this should be used as proof that it's superior
Not a Nintenbro, but come on now

the game is not actually peer to peer not sure why people push this meme

Its because they literally HAVE to lie to make an argument against Splatoon.

>try to play game
>error: could not connect to other console(s)
sounds p2p to me

>Splatoon is a better game than Overwatch
You say that like it's something hard to do.

but nintendo confirmed so
they even have regular server maintenance and the test fires are used to check server loads

matchmaking servers

no actually
sorry the real world is different then what you want it to be

So if Splatoon 2 came out last year then it would somehow make up the 30 million+ sales gap? And I don't see how the number of Blizzard's IPs matters. Are they at an advantage because they only have 4?

There's over 35 million players for Overwatch. If an Animal Crossing game even sold half that much it'd be crazy. You realize the lifetimes sales of the ENTIRE Animal Crossing series still doesn't beat Overwatch right?

yes actually

no you
and while we're at it:
my taste > your taste

reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6nj7c0/splatoon_2_uses_p2p_for_online_game_play/

nintendoradar.com/threads/splatoon-2-uses-p2p-and-connects-to-a-validation-server-at-start-up.12172/

I think you're wrong faggot. Unless you just "have a feeling" that Splatoon doesn't use P2P

Market analyst here.

Actually Nintendo makes a ton of money off of Splatoon Amiibo. It really isn't a stretch to assume that they are making just as much off of that line of Amiibo as Blizzard is making off of Overwatch lootboxes.

Also Overwatch does NOT have thirty five million players. That number is inflated due to free weekends and Korean internet cafe's that register the same user hundreds of times as a different person.

>Sold

I was referring to the mobile game that's coming out on the 22nd.

That is the kind of thing that Overwatch is competing with. Not Splatoon, which has NO microtransactions whatsoever.

both games use p2p. this is common knowledge.

you talk about just having a feeling and you site reddit forums and an unprofessional fan site as "evidence"

>It really isn't a stretch to assume that they are making just as much off of that line of Amiibo as Blizzard is making off of Overwatch lootboxes.

Ok except that's wrong. Unless people are buying amiibos multiple times for some reason then it's foolish to assume this at all. Lootboxes are a DLC item that has no end. Amiibos are a one time purchase and the game didn't even sell 2.5 million copies worldwide. Even if Overwatch has 1/4 of the players it'll still have nearly 4 times the amount of players.

Basically I think you're crazy and you're trying desperately to prove that Splatoon is as successful than Overwatch with none of the evidence.

I dont give a fuck

See how I press Enter twice? This is how much I dont give a fuck.

>Provide evidence
>W-well I don't like that evidence
>Doesn't provide any himself

You can just admit you're wrong user it's ok.

>server
>Splatoon
>???

Not as successful. More successful. Overwatch does not have shit going for it.

Splatoon 2 is going to continue selling millions of units while Overwatch falters and dies.

here you go faggot
its of the same degree of validity as yours so I guess theres no problem here

salmon run is the best horde mode ever

now THIS is how you argue on the internet

Oh ok you're not serious. My bad for not noticing.

Oh it's ok sweetie, just because they shut down SplatNet and someone called you out on the internet doesn't mean you need to get so upset!

your evidence is that there's server maintenance so clearly this means gameplay servers and not matchmaking servers because ________.

Honestly, I don't even see many more Switches selling now that Mario and Zelda are out. Let alone Splatoon 2 selling much more. Maybe a small bump for Xenoblade but besides that, there isn't shit coming out. Everyone who wanted one already has it. Everyone else doesn't give a shit.

Kek. Just like how no one was going to buy a Switch because it was underpowered?

Not even him but matchmaking servers wouldn't require a load high enough for that to be a regular thing. Maintaining game servers is mainly seeing how many is need for each time frame but matchmaking requires a lot less computation so its cheaper to just leave a set amount and not have guys regularly check it.
So yeah he's right.

But everything worthwhile in the pyro update is free

no he's not. any server would require maintenance and "server maintenance" is also a catch-all term for any kind of downtime for any kind of reason.