Which one should I/are you buy(ing) on Black Friday and why?

Which one should I/are you buy(ing) on Black Friday and why?

I've been living under a rock without a console or TV for 10 years. Do I buy 4k now or is that shit still a meme. Looking to setup a nice entertainment system for my new living room, so exclusive games aside mostly which is the better buy for general entertainment.

Xbox One is a dead platform with literally no games beyond Forza and Halo.

This is a tough decision.

If you don't have a 1080p tv, go 4k, Don't buy the cheapest one on Black friday, but buy within your means. Everything from here on is going to be 4K so might as well start investing. I'm not the biggest TV fag so I don't know what's the best, but make sure you get HDR10 and LED, those are most important. Also check how many HDMI ports are on the set. You want at least 2. Preferably 3-4.

Do you care about better graphics? Or more games? That's the main decision between a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X and a PS4 Slim/Xbox One S. Between either it's kinda up to you which one you prefer in terms of games/apps. Otherwise they're fairly carbon copy regarding features.

about the better graphics vs more games, I mean in terms of money left over. Generally the higher end version of the console costs $100 more. $100 (plus giftcards, depending on where you go (Gamestop has $50 cards)) is a lot of games on Black Friday.

Get the one that has games.

What games do you want to play OP?

I have both, you can ask me any questions you have

Black Friday products are made with cheaper parts. You get what you pay for.

How come Xbone One S is only readily available in white?

>4k
Largely a meme at this point. To get the most out of it on console you would need the Xbox One X and a 4k TV.

However for all that additional power you have almost no games.

If you have a regular HD TV then the PS4 Slim is the way to go with its $199 black friday sale price

Because it's the flagship I guess, idk. Fuck me I wanted the blue one, that looked sweet, but when I bought mine it was like $100 more because they weren't making it anymore.

I dislike the blue one even more than the white one desu. I would like to have that shit green one, though.

The green is probably my least favorite but still cool, yeah. The grey is also kinda cool.

As I said I really want a general entertainment system. My living room is empty and when the few friends I have do come over my place is boring as fuck.

Which one do you find yourself playing with friends more often? Which do you have more fun with socially I guess I'm asking.

cause blacks don't work

With friends? In person PS4 and online xbox one (but mainly because I don't have ps+ and am riding a 3 month xbl I had). The ps4 simply has more games and performs them better, but at the same time the difference isn't worth mentioning. I think if you find yourself leaning towards a few exclusives on one versus the other, you won't be disappointed with whatever choice you make. I will say 4k blu ray is really dope and the ps4 not having it is lame, but that's not worth mentioning unless you have a 4k tv with really good hdr.

I kindof figured it was still a meme, but price wise I see 55'' 4k TVs going for like 100 dollars more than the 1080p ones. Whatever I'll probably stick with 1080p, not like my eyes are getting better as the years drag on.

Ps4+psvr and skyrim vr

Hey todd

Considering buying a PS4, but the only game I can think of for it is Bloodborne. What other exclusives are worth getting?

Skyrim vr

As far as exclusives go, to name a few:

Wipeout Omega Collection
Yakuza 0/Kiwami/6(potentially, it's not out in burgerland but from what I've seen on the Japanese version it's also good)
Nier(if you don't have a PC)
Last Guardian
Crash N. Sane trilogy (for now)
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5/2.8(if you haven't played them/like convoluted stories)
Until Dawn(only with a room full of friends though)

Todd you're not getting any more of my money till I see some goddamn TES6 teasers, yeah skyrim was great but it's played out. That fucking well is dry.

I would recommend the PS4 over the Xbox One. It's got a much stronger lineup of exclusive games, is a lot more powerful if you're only interested in buying the $200 model, and it's got a lot of big games in the pipeline compared to the Xbox One.

Gravity Rush 1 & 2 (NA physical copies of 1 are retardedly expensive but digital and import copies are priced normally)
Digimon Story is $20 if you want a decent budget RPG along the lines of Pokemon and SMT
Gundam Versus
If you care about fighting games at all, the community is generally larger and more active on PS4

It depends on what kinds of games you like and what other consoles and platforms you have

Infamous: Second Son
LittleBigPlanet 3
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank 2016
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Horizon Zero Dawn
Wipeout Omega
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Tearaway Unfolded

They're not all amazing but most of them are really cheap now so worth checking out.

Get a HDR10 tv (10bit panel) and a Xbox 1X. First parties are coming

>Don't worry, they're on their way
No they're not. Xbox has been giving us less and less games every year, face it they've practically given up and are gearing up for next gen