Who did open world better?

Who did open world better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iiHIF2XACmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my ass. FPBP

The one you had most fun with. BotW for me.

Haven't played Skyrim but if BotW really is the best "open-world" game then the open-world genre was a mistake.

Morrowind
then BotW

Skyrim, just because it had better dungeons and enemy variety

I enjoyed exploring BotW from start to finish. I’m sitting at 115 hours played with the next DLC on the way.

I got bored with Skyrim after the first few dungeons when everything started feeling the same. Sitting at 60 hours on Steam after doing the Main story, Theives guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Dawnguard quests plus fucking around with mods.

The only reason to buy an Elder Scrolls game is to make a sneak assasin and rape every city/dungeon. They’re full of shit outside of that.

I just want more great open world games. Though as I keep saying open world is not a genre but a design philosophy

Had great fun with both games desu

Imma have to say Skyrim tho naw mean?

Skyrim also had more shit to interact with or find, also more random enemies you can encounter

Skyrim simply because it's a more developed and refined product. Looks like shit but there's far more flexibility in how you can play the game, how much content there is, and if you include mods it gets even more insane.

BOTW is simply a Zelda-themed open world fantasy game.

How much better are the graphics on the switch compared to the xbox 360 version?

gta

I had a lot of fun with Skyrim on xbox, and even more fun when I got it on the PC with mods.

This one.

BoTW, because it has an interactive world that's actually fun to explore

>Play skyrim
>The ability to save fucking everywhere ruins the game
>Play Breath of the Wild
>The ability to save fucking everywhere ruins the game

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>better dungeons
Skyrim has awful dungeons. They're all just a straight line to a randomized loot chest at the end. The only thing Skyrim has over Zelda is aesthetic variety, but even then Skyrim is guilty of overusing the Nordic Tomb theme.

just don't save then you fucking autist holy shit

>Just hold your arms behind your back! That's really fun!

ask your mom

BOTW has better exploration, environmental interaction, and combat

Skyrim has better quests, world, and enemies.

I unironically enjoyed Skyrim more. Skyrim's world sucked me in and I just wanted to keep playing. It's easy to get immersed in the lore and want to find all the towns, and there were some really cool areas like Blackreach or pic related

BotW just never sucked me in, I found it hard to play for long stretches, I found it got boring quickly because you learn early that the world is mostly just made up of cliffs that lead to shrines or camps. There isn't really much interesting to be found (IMO). In Skyrim sometimes I stumbled upon a little inn or town, or a camp hideout, or some dude sacrificing his cow, and in general I enjoyed some of the more elaborate quests like the daedric quests

Skyrim is by no means perfect, but it has more from what i want from an open world game: immersion, lore, a world with a sense of history, great music to accompany the scenic vistas and some neat quests

BOTW has better mods. youtube.com/watch?v=iiHIF2XACmI

BOTW, just because Skyrim is one of the blandest experiences I've had, after loving oblivion.

It's basically the remaster but with oversaturated colors and slightly downgraded graphics.

Grand Theft Auto V

Zelda. Quest markers were a mistake and Zelda's world is designed in a way to be easily navigated without relying on the map. It's sad, because Bethesda knows how to do a proper open world game, they just refuse to.

>BOTW, just because Skyrim is one of the blandest experiences I've had, after loving oblivion.

Fucking this. I couldn't get more than an hour and half into Skyrim, I just found it completely repulsive in tone and aesthetic. Just had this 'AAA mundaneness' aura around it that pushed me away. This is coming from someone who has over 200 hours in Oblivion.

Have you tried playing Skyrim without having your eyes glued to the compass? The design of the overworld is the best part of the game (besides the soundtrack), it's full of landmarks and little details, most of which people missed because they didn't have compass markers

What's weird is that I felt the exact opposite

BotW is outrageously bland to me.

Probably Zelda

On the switch? BotW. On the PC? Skyrim.

I'm giving Skyrim a fucking 8th change right now, I have played the begining so many times man I hope I don't drop it again.

Yeah because Oblivion still felt like an AA game even if it wasn't, that just give it a charm, like the Gothic series. Skyrim is completely consolized.

BotW for me, although the core combat wasn't as good as I hoped.
Climbing and paragliding around to drop bombs, etc. was fun, but the weapon move sets were not deep enough.
Skyrim had a huge amount of breadth and combat variety, but it was even weaker as an action title (what I prefer) than BotW.

Skyrim is more condensed and oddly has better enemy variety than Zelda. Zelda has more varied landscapes, the environment has far more to interact with, and it's more fun to traverse with the climbing, paragliding, and all that. It's a close call. I was just really disappointed with the enemy variety and every dungeon just being sheikah shit. Combining the 2 would be perfect.

Skyrim has way better combat and more content than Breath of the Wild. Better quests and better dungeons. And the fucking weapons don't break every five seconds so that's a big plus.

Being able to pause and heal whenever is a bigger sin. But at least in Skyrim you can choose to only heal yourself with healing skills, it's much harder to do a balanced self-imposed challenge in Zelda. The defense system is really fucked.

This thread looks straight out from neogaf.

Makes sense since neogaf is basically dead after the weinsteingate thing.

Yeah this is where BotW REALLY fucked up. I love it and feel like this should be the new standard for Zelda games, but the enemy system was too shallow.

Instead of Red > Blue > Black > Silver > Gold etc. The enemies should have been different in each region. Like for example you have Bokoblins infesting one area, then a Bokoblin equivalent with different mechanics in another area. But nope, they just put Bokoblins everywhere and called it a day.

I found Skyrim's world really boring in all honesty. Too many of the areas are visually homogeneous, and what variety it does have doesn't stack up to BotW's massive list of environments. I also disagree on quests, BotW has its share of fetch quests but there are some really cool riddles for treasure or shrines that are much more fun to puzzle out and solve than anything I remember doing in Skyrim. Skyrim definitely takes it on enemy variety though, I feel like BotW could've spent some more resources adding to their enemy roster and it would've made the game MUCH better, though I'm not complaining at the product as-is.

Yeah, BotW's quests in particular are actually pretty interesting because they can range from "fetch me 20 pieces of random shit" to some of the most godly quests I've ever played in a Zelda game. Nearly all 42 shrine quests are GOAT tier.