Hated Asscreed franchise for a while and dropped it since Brotherhood

>hated Asscreed franchise for a while and dropped it since Brotherhood
>have the chance to play Revelations
>give it a go
>I'm actually enjoying it
>Constantinople is aesthetic as hell
>chracters are fun
>Ezio is now a wise baddass
I thought this was supposed to be the worst? Am I insane for enjoying this?

The setting is the main selling point. Desmond and his terrible monologues are what drag the game down.
>muh bartending
>muh farm
The out-of-place first-person puzzles don't help.

I actually liked the Desmond backstory. Mostly because Nolan North is voiceing him, and it at least gives Desmond *some* sympathy

I used to consider it as one of the worst ones. Tower defense got added and a lot of features from Brotherhood were cut out in its sequel. Going back to it, everything is amazing. Best atmosphere next to AC 1 and Unity. Wish they went for that medieval middle eastern era again. Egypt is great but it's not as comfy.

Revelations isn't the worst either. AC3 is. It's a chore to beat it but it does have an amazing atmosphere.

>The fanchise (outside of 4) has been shit since Desmond died

*thinks*

I liked it more than Brotherhood.

But I seem to have totally opposite opinions from most other AC fans so idk.

It isn't because Desmond is good, it is because the reason they killed Desmond is so they can drop the irl story entirely and milk the series for as much money as they can by never actually advancing the story ever again.

I loathe the entire Desmond story, but I love Revelations for Ezio and the other assassins it features. Setting is great too.

Hey cool we can be in the minority together. Revelations is honestly my favorite because of Constantinople.

AC only went to shit when Desmond died. Well, except for Black Flag perhaps, but it's hardly an assassin game any more. Everything up to 3 was good.
Me too, I actually really enjoyed the modern story and got really pissed when they stopped giving a shit about it after death of Desmond. Those modern mission in 3 were great. For me this connection between modern and historical plot and the "conflict thorough the ages" cranked up to 11 was what made this game really interesting plotwise Scrap that and they just become bland.

It's filler and the Altair sections were god awful.

> liking the IT'S 2012 DOOMSDAY SOLAR FLARE dated bullshit with annoying hipsters story
Why are there so many people like this? The modern stuff was tolerable for the first game or two but got super retarded real fast. Yeah, the idea of ancestral memory machines are neat, but the franchise has no idea how to make that interesting beyond the initial premise.

It was fun, and it doesn't matter that it's dated, it could've been intereseting, the thingis it wasn't, and it got too muddled and confusing. Like said previously, the modern day story was dropped in favor of eternal milking of the franchise, despite it's flaws, modern day stuff was keeping everything together since you were playing ancestors for a sepcific reason.

Member when Juno was suposed to destroy the world or some shit? That was like 4 games ago

But he was alive in aclll and that was the worst one

ACR is just a filler. Even so, it's a *great* filler.

no books, no wisdom .. just you ... fratello mio

How is it filler?
I haven't played it in a while but as I remember it was a pretty big part of Ezio's story (Especially if you include the Embers shortfilm)

she wants to take over the world, not destroy it

she's still working on it

man the modern plot REALLY got away from them after 3.

At the time people hated it because it was more of Brotherhood. I skipped Brotherhood so I really liked it.

Also altair in chair is one of the most kino shots in gaming.

The worst is 3, unity and anything after.

Black flag was decent but eh.

Overall 1 and 2 are the best

Nah, I don't mean the doomsday stuff, that wasn't very good, but the things that surrounded it(the modern mission etc.) were. I mean rather the connection between past and present itself and the idea of action shifting between both. It was done very well in 1, 2 and Brotherhood. In 3 the premise itself was done great as well imo, but I agree that the story surrounding it was rather shit.

Ezio's arc/character development already been done since 2, and BH gave enough closure and answer to the question how's Ezio after he became a (master) assassin. Pretty much what Revelation did to Ezio's arc is giving him a wife and him knowing more about Altair which can be done with in-game text (or short animation like Ember, and also the other one which title I forgot). Proof: it's what they did to Altair in 2.

>Played all the AC except for Unity
>Get it on sale and try it out
>Story crap but looks amazing and sounds beautiful.
>It has the best combat and assassination missions in the series
>Put in over 60 hours
Still don't understand how people can think it's the worst in the series. Sure it was broken on release but it's pretty decent now.

Was there even a main villain in revelations?

wrong, faggot, they got progressively better until Black Flag.

not like the Borgias or Haytham/CHARLES LEE, no

a preview of what was to come, apparently

>AC3 is better than all AC games before it

How does it feel to be this stupid?

desu I liked to love all the games before unity.

Ezio trilogy was probably the best because he was so charismatic.

Enjoyed the goofy virtual tourism of 3 and the ship mechanics of 4.

Unity killed the franchise for me :/

How can you hate Unity when it's lpretty much AC2 2.0?

Same
It's not. AC2 had great atmosphere and was fun as hell all the way. Unity is bland, forgettable, tedious and filled to brink with shitty filler content which unlike in previous games isn't even enjoyable. It's story is utter shit and the modern counterpart is half-assed to the point it could be non existant. It also takes one of the best possible settings for an AC game and proceeds to do absolutely nothing interesting with it, you hardly feel there even is a revolution at all.

>Im a nigger who cant read

The Templars are still the villain but their order is in shambles after Ezio beat the Borgia

I can still get shot from behind walls, at least in 2016

F

Yusuf was too pure for this garbage world

how parts does a hookblade have

Unironically one of the best characters in vidya

I was pretty disappointed with revelations. I felt the city was bland and boring and the story was forgettable and directionless.

brotherhood I enjoyed. rome was colorful with alot of variety. the concept of building up your team of assassins was a fun side game and I liked the self contained story about slowly taking on the members of roberts family one by one. each chapter of the game was about dealing with a different family member and each had their own personality traits that were present in the castle or stronghold they occupied.

It is the worst out of Ezio series. It's still miles ahead of dogshit that came out after.

>Unity had no atmosphere
Nigga did you even play it? P
air during ww2 segments. Underground catacombs. France fire works. It had tge best atmosphere since one. It could look beautiful or creepy almost survival horror like. Also how is it more frustrating than anyother ac gameplay wise? Is it because you actuay have to play the game instead of being on autopilot?

No, revelations was actually good, it's just that it was more of the same, didn't innovate in any way, so it wasn't as significant as a jump from ac1 to 2, and from 2 to brotherhood. Yusuf is best boy.

I never liked Arno, and I couldn't fucking stand Elise. Plus for them hyping up the co-op all you can do is co-op missions together and running around starting fights and getting collectibles. Syndicate had a better excuse for co-op but they ditched it then, since Evie is suppose to be more stealth oriented and Jacob more combat focused. Customization was nice and I enjoyed the murder mysterys.

Story and character wise Unity isn't great bht gameplay wise there was nothing wrong with it. It's as soon as ubisoft actuly wanted ti bring a little depth to their stale combat and stealth gameplay people shit on it because it wasn't tge same easy rehash crap. And tbe thing is it's not even hard. If people took the time to get use to the new mechanics they would have seen it was a step in the right direction. But nope they want the same shit as before or something even worse like Batman combat like in Syndicate.

>reddit asterisks