Screw it, just make the final boss a giant Terminator

>Screw it, just make the final boss a giant Terminator

>anything that is robot or AI is related to Terminator

kill yourselves

If he had said Necron, would that have made it any less stupid?

Babby reaper was so fucking stupid

???

>no argument
>obviously bootyblasted ME 2 fan detected

pathetic

It didn't have to be

One one the left would have been creepy cool, like if it cried like a giant eldritch baby when shot.

Only if Pariahs became canon again.

>mass effect 2 is a good game

ME1 never got the series it deserved

I just finished this on my 3ds. Pretty good fight.

What's the idea behind the human Reaper?

Why does he look like a human

Were Reapers supposed to be created by literal organic mass of millions of people that got harvested

Why are they robots then

Why do all the other Reapers all look like Sovereign and Harbinger and not like different races from beyond 50000 and another 50000 and another 50000 years ago

Clearly retarded.
Nobody said anything close to that.
The last boss is literally a giant terminator.

>blow up the human reaper
>Mass Effect 3: "fuck you no you didn't"

How so?
Was it because the Illusive Man couldn't have studied reaper tech without Shepard giving him the humie one?

ME 1 is by far the worst in the series though

The idea was originally that every race that got harvested got turned into a slightly different looking Reaper on the inside with the same looking shell on the outside. The human reaper in game is only supposed to be like the guts or skeleton of a much larger reaper.

Forgot pic

wheres that Netflix, movie? hell even straight to dvd movie?

did those canadian faggots really fuck over the ip that bad? did casey do this? how does he still get work.

Sovereign stated that each Reaper was essential a nation. The idea was to boil down races culled during the genocide to make either giant libraries of combined populations or a single thinking super organism of that species.

... Or a large fucking Terminator. Whichever.

>Cain in nowhere to be found in ME3 beyond a single scripted sequence

the human reaper larva survives the destruction of the collector base miraculously.

what's this oversaturated fuckery? don't your eyes hurt?

because the Illusive Man needs an excuse to get REAPER'd, right?

Nigga it literally looks like a giant terminator.

Speaking of which, what was up with that? Why did it have a humanoid shape compared to your average reapers?

>ME is a love letter to various sci-fi and b-movies
>being surprised when one of the bosses turns out to be a literal Terminator

yes. that's lazy writing for you.

What would actual aliens look like in term of shapes and physical abilities?

Because it literally is a human reaper.
Abducted humans were placed in pods and then broken down in to genetic material which was used to construct the reaper.

that's still dumb. All other reapers couldn't have realistically been made with only leviathan juice

>TERMINATORS
man this and snatcher earlier.
if it has a mouth cannon, it's from bubblegum crisis!

you fucking bakas! show some respect.

People like you are the reason RPGs are shit these days.

It's also symbolic, goes with the game's themes

You know, there's a reason the Terminator "skeleton" looks like a metal human skeleton... Making a giant human skeleton into a Reaper was always going to look similar. Props to them for the freaky fetus idea though.

Could you elaborate? I'm genuinely curious

1) The Leviathans designed the Reapers; they aren't Reaper'd Leviathans and thus don't have to resemble them.
2) The Reaper husks similarly resemble the species they come from (this idea was used in Dragon Age already). We never got to see an Asari Reaper, etc, only their husk forms (one organism converted, as opposed to several hundred fused).

Depends on the atmosphere and gravity they developed in, mostly. Technology would depend upon the resources of their home planet and, of course, their cognitive development (or the equivalent, in the absence of a brain).

You have to kill your humanity to destroy the reapers with goes to ME3 ending as well. Something like that

>they aren't Reaper'd Leviathans and thus don't have to resemble them.
I did not know that, my bad.
Why did they create a human reaper in the first place?

No sweat- dialog doesn't make that TOO clear unless you listen to audio logs, etc. Honestly, I think they were just doing it to fuck with us. It's implied that they do this sort of thing anyway as a means of preserving species "for posterity" after they wipe out the rest of the galaxy (presumably there is a Reaper of every now-extinct intelligence they've wiped out). It's the timing though, and their choice to make that Reaper include Shepard's crew.

>what's this oversaturated fuckery?
It's ME2.

Honestly, the final version was pretty sweet and it would've gotten sweeter if Shepard and those meddling kids hadn't blown it up (the final boss of ME2 is a larva, still-forming as an organic machine).

>>ME is a love letter to various sci-fi and b-movies
>ME2 changes hands halfway through development and they throw half of everything that was even a good idea out the window because it didn't fit with how they could market the game to normie dude bros that didn't touch the first game because of previous statement

Fixed it for you.

Who? All my searches are coming up with a gun from ME3?

>throwing awfully written Reapers out into a fucking window and replacing them with more actual world building
Sounds good to me.

The Element Zero stuff? Neat idea, sure. Ending to ME3 aside (salvageable with Indoctrination Theory, and only just so), I'm still OK with how things turned out.

so it lost it's arms and legs to become this far weaker looking sack of quadraplegic shit.

it looks cooler, this should have been the boss fight

ME3 is an infuriatingly inconsistent game. It has so many little moments of brilliance, drowning in such a torrent of shit. The 'was great until the last 10 minutes' meme is really 'the experience held together until the ending when it became apparent no, that really was every card they were going to play'.

I would’ve loved if they expanded on this in ME3 and the humans were actually descended from the reapers or at least a reaper that defected and wanted to create a biological life in cycle and the giant insects were just an exoskeleton for the terminator

So, as the other user no doubt suspected, you are pulling shit out of your ass and ME2 did not actually have any theme other than, "Isn't friendship with alien bros to kick saturday morning villain alien ass cool?!"

Maybe if you have down syndrome and don't like RPGs.

He's about where it falls apart entirely in my opinion. I mean, he's bad throughout 3 but Thessia is when it goes over the deep end. I also have no idea why they even brought him in from the books. They don't introduce him properly and the only reason I wasn't totally lost was because I'd seen people bitching about him before.

Because humans are special - didn't you play second and third game, friend?

Yeah.

The second time I played through ME3 I remember thinking "man, this isn't as bad as I remember" and then I got to Kai Leng on Thessia and I was like "oh, yeah, there it is"

But I knew better and just stopped playing the game at that point. ME3 up to Thessia is fine. Some shitty moments but some great ones.

Jesus christ this character is the worst. What the fuck were they thinking? He added so little to the narrative.

This is why I hate tie-in novels.
They hire some non-fan author who reads a basic summary of the setting and then writes a fan-fiction of it that then gets canonized.
Nothing sullies the canon faster than this shit, I mean they literal write in friggen space-ninja's.

it was a two hit knockout. first ME3 shredded most of the audience's goodwill, and then Andromeda took a massive shit on what was left. ME3 was a real shitshow of a development though, they only had 2 years to make it compared to 5 years for the previous games. those poor bastards were pulling 90 hour weeks through the entire development and still only barely got a working product out in the end.

It works in some situations. Most of the Halo novels are positive additions to the setting, for instance. But those are a part of the setting, rather than just paying someone to spew 200 pages of words about a game they've never played.

Has there been any explanation regarding how the fuck did the Human Reaper survive the explosion?

magic

Its best parts were ripped off from Freespace 2, down to enemy color schemes.

I've never seen someone manage to make Freespace 2 look so shitty in a screenshot before.
Excellent game, though.

Brainlet detected. The heatsink change was the single biggest change that made it a third person shooter instead of an RPG. Couldn't stomach finishing 2 since the gameplay was so generic compared to the first and I never even tried 3 because of it.