What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7oiTLoapvrE
youtu.be/K-YyL7X4CWw?t=40
youtube.com/watch?v=StF9jrhw-pU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shut your ugly spoonhead mouth, Dukat

>There was an Elite Force 2
Holy shit, is it as good as the first one?

Too nerdy.

The Star Trek Armada games were pretty mediocre. Without the theme no one would ever have played them.

He said good or decent

youtube.com/watch?v=7oiTLoapvrE

No Star Trek game will ever have music this funky again

All I remember are the tits

Sisko > Picard > Kirk > Archer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Janeway.

>Theme music plays
Wow, this isn't anything speci-
>Stage theme starts
Oh shit son

(You)

Buddy if you want to try and tell me that 25th Anniversary isn't a good game, I will come to your home and shit directly in your mouth

What is it people don't like about Janeway again, I haven't watched Voyager since it was first on.

>No Judgement Rites
I bet he even clothes his women.

She's a war criminal.

And Sisko isn't?

QUICK

CLAIM YOUR TREK WAIFU BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES

Nope.

>War criminal
>Literally saved humanity from Borg menace by wiping them from the fucking timeline
Based Janeway, fuck the time directive

>Janeway makes a "hard decision"
>"I gotta get my ship back home!"
>Sisko makes a hard decision
>"I need to stop the largest, bloodiest war in Federation history, a war we happen to be losing"

Best boy

Honestly always found startrek to be kind of boring

None of the races are remotely interesting and its just generic space voyaging shit

nothing has beaten master of orion 2 to me to this date.

This thread needs more Romulan Warbird.

Really, not even when he had that Romulan politician (or whatever he was) assassinated.

WHERE ARE THE ANDROSYNTH?
ANSWER ME YOU ORZ FUCKSTAIN

He didn't have anyone killed, he's only an accessory to murder because Garak acted on his own initiative without explaining what he was going to do

t. Benjamin Sisko

I think you need to re-watch that episode.

How come they never made a Next Generation 25th Anniversary game? It's probably the most popular Star Trek series and they're doing nothing to celebrate TNG while the actors are still alive. We should be getting new TNG movies too like we did with TOS, not this stupid reboot movie and TV show shit.

youtu.be/K-YyL7X4CWw?t=40
He flat out says it himself, "I am an accessory to murder"

youtube.com/watch?v=StF9jrhw-pU
And, you know, the part where he assaults Garak for blowing up the shuttle because that was really his plan all along

Hey, you forgot NuTrek Discovery in that pic

I know you all love me.

This can't be real

Trek is about exploration and diplomacy, not combat.
That's why there have been so few games, and why there will never be a really good one.
Star Wars on the other hand, is all about combat, that's why there have been all kinds of Wars games.
It's unfortunate, because Star Wars sucks, but what are you gonna do?

The tech in Star Trek makes things extremely boring.

It is. The engine of the Discovery allows it to do the whole teleports behind you thing.

Because I don't think anyone with access to the franchise rights cares. And that's probably for the best, considering what Star Trek vidya has been like recently.

We got A Final Unity out of them, which is as close to the actual Anniversary games as we're going to get, which is also the closest to playing an episode of the shows videogames have come. Just have to accept what we got and not dwell on what could be.

What the FUCK is this shit? You can't be serious, this is a joke right?

thank god i stopped watching this after the first episode

user. You're going to tell me what this webm is. You are going to lie to me. You will tell me nonsense that isn't true.

Because I already know and it hurts so much

>Armada 1 and 2
>not Armada 3, the only good one

Discovery has a special mushroom drive that lets it teleport anywhere.

I need to reinstall Bridge Commander, disappointing Picard was my goal in life.

How does that make any sense?

I'm pretty sure Picard created a maneuver that pulled off something similar but with warp engines. Crazy bastard.

Is Star Trek dead, guys?

They found a tardigrade that could calculate exact coordinates for jumps, using mushrooms or something. Then they installed cybernetic parts on the ship's engineer, so he could do the same. Now he's starting to go crazy.

The series will probably end with a giant ol' reset button.

>mushroom drive
>lets you teleport anywhere
>with the stupidest looking spin around animation for it
Fuck the writers must be doing mushrooms themselves to be writing this shit.

It turns out the fungus is all over the universe so they can tap into it and just show up wherever. But you need a giant water bear, or a homosexual with water bear dna to make really long teleportation jumps.

>Star Trek stealing from Farscape
What a world we live in

The Picard Manoeuvrer involved going to Warp speed for a fraction of a second, creating the illusion of the ship being in two places at once to confuse enemy sensors

no, this cannot be real

Who the hell thought this looked acceptable or "cool"? They need to be fired.

That scene where the Discovery saved the people on a mining asteroid thing, and the kid went "WHO SAVED US?!" as the ship disappeared like fucking Batman, was so cheesy I shat a Pepperjack.

But Star Trek ships don't teleport. They warp space around themselves and move that way.

>don't remember Elite Force 2 existing
>the box on my self of PC games

I think I jumped timelines.

Yes, this is an entirely different form of FTL which *is* teleporting.

>People claim you can't do a good Trek game because exploration and diplomacy don't make for good video games
Just make Mass Effect but not dumbed down to absolute shit and you're halfway there.

STD explains it as some kind of mushroom spore network that spans everything, and can be jumped around in like with wormholes. Or something.

And no one else in the galaxy like the Dominion or the Borg figured out you could do this? Also, how did the Federation forget about teleportation?

Because it's not that great of a franchise to begin with and it has always been overshadowed by Star Wars.

These are questions you're not supposed to ask. The series will probably end with a reset button, or the Discovery will end up teleporting to hell or something, Event Horizon style.

>Comparing Wars and Trek

Dis i like

Because to be a good game, you basically have to make a Star Citizen that'll actually get released or a No Man's Sky that is as good as it looked in concept.

The ideal game would have you captain a comfy ship and manage relationships with various people aboard with the missions themselves each taking place on a new planet, engaged with a recurring enemy, or entirely within the holodeck.

good christ that lensflare.

>change the klingons so much much they may as well have been an entirely new race
>hey instead of sending a shuttle to go look at that thing we can't see on the view screen for some stupid reason, let's send one person in a space suit, with 30 minutes of air. IT'S BRILLIANT.
>just abrams my shit up
>federation ships firing blaster bolts like it's star wars
>federation ships with technology that's more advanced than the Enterprise-E
>motherfucking holo-projection communication systems, yo. remember that from DS9 when it was only used in one episode and it was considered brand new cutting edge tech?
>LONG DISTANCE MIND MELDS AYY LMAO
>computer, nevermind the fact that this takes place before TOS and crew members could only talk to the computer by pressing a button, tell me shit
>let's just ignore the entirety of Enterprise. It never happened. The Klingons don't have a disease that makes them look human. The only example of a first officer disobeying orders is now not the only example, etc.
>*teleports behind you*
For all the shit the cast and crew were talking about being true to the prime universe and that the show will absolutely fit in, they really fucked it up.

Hell no, just remake Armada with a full 3d engine and it'd be glorious.

the VR star trek is fucking great, but requires you to have VR shit so it kinda sucks.

Star Trek Online is alright. Not great, since """""MMO""""", but alright.

absolute trash show, I was watching the last few episodes just to laugh at the shitty writing but I can't even keep that up, it's turned from comedy to disgust

Something will probably end up killing all the retarded life that you need to teleport.

>Just make Mass Effect but not dumbed down to absolute shit and you're halfway there.
>a Mass Effect ST clone
HOLYFUCKING SHIT I NEED THIS NOW

I thought this thing was meant to be a peaceful exploration craft?
The fuck is this death laser for?

>mfw if Armada 3 were made nowadays it'd have the Federation and Klingons as main playable races
>Borg, Romulans, etc. would be sold as DLC 'expansions'
>Skins sold as DLC

>Star Trek Generations

I had this as a kid. I could never figure it out. I just ran around murdering anything that could be murdered until I died.

democracy distribution

>we want the fidget spinner audience

A future where things aren't that great with the Klingons.

"These weapons are purely for self defense"
Capt. Picard

Roses are red
This thread needs more lurkers
There are no good Star Trek games
ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

A war crime doesn't stop being a war crime when there's a war happening.

>You will never play a game set in the Mirror Universe, cleansing the galaxy of alien scum as the glorious Terran Empire

>to be a good game you have to be overambitious and make it an Everything Sim
Not really. It's pretty sad you think that, too. Three of the best Trek games were 2D point and click adventures that managed to capture the feeling of the show itself.

They're not perfect, they could be improved upon but they're good because they're focused. They know what they were trying to be and what they wanted to accomplish. A game isn't going to be good Trek just because it lets you order Tea, Earl Gray, Hot in glorious first person high definition 60FPS.

TNG: A Final Unity was a good game

There's nothing more noble than fighting to defend your home, unless you're in the Maquis of course.

Its a tie between Selar or Grilka.

>live on a planet for a few years at best
>politics happens
>"Noooo we can't move just because thousands of lives are at stake! We built prefabricated houses on this land! It belongs to US!"

To boldly go where many, many men have gone before.

Don't forget that the main character is Spock's adoptive human sister that no one in history has ever mentioned before.

Sounds fairly standard for the time.