>Single player game's server shut down

>DeS
>single player

>Shut down servers for original game
>Release remaster so people buy it to access online play again
Not that hard to figure out.

They should shutdown EU, no one is ever online

Who cares

MP pve is no fun as its assists are full of twinks that just cheese rush the bosses
MP pvp is no fun as game is poiseless and thus full of dex R1 spammers (kilj, 2kat) or other retarded 1shot hit builds.

old monks works though.

I'm online frequently

>hack PS3 and install DeS yesterday
>This today
Oh well, I'd have gotten banned for going on anyway

People who want to play with their friends (co-op) like how the game is supposed to be experienced in multiplayer

>Demon's Souls Servers Shutting Down on May 31st
>2012
Woah. Where is my remaster?

>getting banned on ps3

wow
a game
everybody played and finished
thanks capitalism

You think we'll get a Switch port. It would be great to play on the go.

Demon's has some of the best art style in the series for armor and clothing. You look like proper, healthy, adventurers. Real DnD shit. Dark Souls onwards you're a corpse and you look like a ragged hobo.

Des has constantly been sold for 4 bucks on psn, you had years poorfag

When Zelda comes on PS4

I'm surprised the servers were up for this long. The online is mostly dead now. Only people you will find online these days are CFW noobs or that one guy who put 1000 hours into the game.

STOP POSTING THIS!

>Demon's
>find armour on a corpse
>it's in perfect condition

>Dark
>find armour on a corpse
>it's wrecked
excuse me, I was absorbed in thought

>jp servers only
why do you care

>Dark Souls onwards you're a corpse and you look like a ragged hobo.
Well, that's the point of the whole Dark series. You are corpse and so is practically everyone else. The game is set in a deeply decomposed world.

Just japanese servers or international?

Atlus are the international guys, right? They're probably still mad that Namco wrenched their prize toy away from them for that future trilogy.

>398204658
It's a Sony exclusive I.P you moron.

>DeS is an actual online game atleast
The online play in DeS was pretty bad and so many people played offline anyway because WORLD TENDENCY, CAN'T NOT HAVE AN ULTRA GREATSWORD ON MY PURE INT CASTER ABLOOBLOO

Rest in peace Best Souls

Everyone is beef jerky on the game.

>Buy game
>SONY™ and PS4™ Network0153 revoke your right to play the game
>I-i didn't wanted to play it anyway

yeah atlus does all the servers outside japan so this news doesn't matter to anyone

I really loved the Tower of Latria level.

>so many people played offline anyway
Not really.
I kinda like the idea of world tendency though

Why is everyone against a port? That game will die with the PS3 and no one wants that.

No, fuck off

What? Can you avoid it or something?

i can close my eyes and walk through just about all of demons souls and dark souls from memory.

F

Best game on the PS triple.

>against
I don't think anyones against a port or remaster. More claiming that it's still perfectly playable on the PS3.

I mean I can go online right now and get a Commodore 64, Amstrad, ZX Spectrum or Atari 2600 easily. There's still ebay listings. The PS3 isn't going to disappear off the face of the earth anytime soon.

Well that's good to know. Back to jacking off and being mad at Pure stone drops.

Are you daft or something? You don't need online to play the single player of Demon's Souls.

>why is everyone against a port?
I'd want a PS4 port, sure. But I'm telling you that a port, especially to a non-Sony platform is unlikely to happen because the companies that own the publishing rights won't probably come together do make it happen any time soon.

Best OST track coming through
youtu.be/wskmVPZBalw

you and me both

I fucking despise tower of latria.
I dont know why maybe its too claustrophobic. But i just wanted out of that place asap.

>as years come to pass, every souls game will follow

They were going to do this way back in 2014 or something, wonder why they kept the lights on this long.

*except PC

>people are still shitposting and not even realizing it

Except on PC, where things'll get even better, like they always do. We'll have GZDOOM-like engines and wrappers and everything. On consoles it's going to run more or less via homebrew emulators.

Just look at those old gamespy games, user. Steam will likely remove server support for older games as time passes to cut back costs

>We'll have GZDOOM-like engines and wrappers and everything.

Only for games like Doom where they went full sourcode release. This was back when devs were just small teams of passionate people. Now with big corporations with suits, they'd never release source code.

>release the source code? But that won't make us any money!

I unironically prefer the Irithyll Dungeon over Latria. Both jailers are bullshit and the prisons are boring but at least Irithyll has better external areas.
That swamp area you go down after "saving" Yurt is worse than Blighttown by a fucking mile.

Then "hackers" will find a way to make their own servers, if I can play Smash 64 online, then anything can be done.

>to cut back costs
If hosting was a cost issue for Steam, they probably wouldn't be selling thousands of games that don't sell a copy.

It's a terrifying amoeba of a storefront at this point. Couple of unused servers are nothing.

>tfw you played DeS during its zenith

I still don't know any game that lets you grief other players to the extent you could in this, I would be doubled over in tears invading.

Can none of you fuckers read?
Fatlus servers aren't going offline. Unless you're part of the oldfag crew who imported then it doesn't matter.

No the game is supposed to be played anonymous. You are putting your trust in strangers who may lead you to victory or may lead you into a trap and get you both killed. DeS is designed for that right down to it's level design, but that somehow got lost over the sequels to the point they had to create purple phantom.
Purps isn't as great since everyone expects you to PvP, but it isn't great when people don't know shit and you're allowed to be a WILD CARD MOTHERFUCKER!

close
youtube.com/watch?v=6ESqvGzdnvs

I remember reading that they would keep the servers online so as long as people are playing the game.

I'm not against it I just think the cost to port vs the number of people who would actually buy it wouldn't justify the endeavour

>Servers are being shutdown on my birthday

It sold well on PS3. It's not like people pretending that if you port something that flops on console it'll magically sell well on PC, at 1.7 mill copies on PS3 it should at least be able to get 50K copies on Steam.

Lowballing a bit, with Dragon's Dogma getting something like 850K, but I mean even 50K isn't bad for a port job.

inb4 Sony means it'll never get ported - I know, I'm just talking about hypothetical sales carry-over between platforms.

Dark Souls is huge right now, if they release a port people will buy it out of nerd cred.

its only online you stupid fuck. you can still play the game.

B-b-but muh console war shitposting!

>Why is everyone against a port?
What are you talking about?

Smash 64 is like 18 years old and this stuff is different with emulators.

>you need boise to make STR weapons good
Both DeS and BB obliterate that argument.

good day to kill yourself then frogfucker

Depends on what you classify as poise because hyper armor makes heavy weapons very usable especially in Bloodborne.

Hyperarmour is not poise, duh. HA is tied to timing your attack, poise is tied to a stat value that belongs to your armor.

Yea but depending on what game you're talking about they are tied together.

>yfw when they release the remaster on PC with hd textures

holy shit theres a smash 64 online?

is there an original CBFD multiplayer online?
or a goldeneye online?
perfect dark online?

youve opened quite the can of worms with your statement.

Yeah man, I don't know if people still play but you can play many multiplayer games via netplay.

Fatlus a best

>jp servers only
there's no reason other regions won't follow.

There's no reason for other regions to follow.

Umbasa. F.

The one time I played through DeS I really liked the single player but I couldn't wrap my head around the online stuff. So if I died too many times I would get locked out of content unless I brought some invisible points up in PvP?

That would be me

elite knight armor is so wrecked right

They don't profit from keeping them up. The precedent is set that the servers can go down now. Atlus USA also has a history of cutting corners.

Have you played it recently? After all the souls games and bloodborne DeS feels like it hasn't aged well, specially versus the fast paced game of BB and DS3.

Anyone who actually cared alread finsihed it tons of times online. There'll be a big online boom right before it goes anway, other than that you won' miss out on much if you've already played it and if you ahven't played it yet then wtf are you doing

They can't just keep them alive forever just beacuse as soon as they want to close them down some people start screaming

> Not playing it offline to avoid invasions

Ok, kid.

>Avoiding the best thing of the souls series
Ok, casul.

Doesn't DaS use p2p online?