FREELANCER STILL GOTYAY AFTER 14 YEARS

Post a best space sim.
Protip: you canĀ“t.
>sadpepe.jpg when you remember that it never got a steam release or a anniversary edition
>rage.jpg when the creator decided to go full con artist with starcitizen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=phJl7aefe0g
youtube.com/watch?v=VL83fSTe_BM
youtube.com/watch?v=q6uOJ7qsFv4
youtube.com/watch?v=JvIMfiZ7x8o
i.imgur.com/cHPKYzv.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=Vpoi95LbFrw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dat OST tough:
youtube.com/watch?v=phJl7aefe0g

Diaspora is my favorite

>X3 Terran conflict
My nigga

SOON

Still my ultimate favorite.

she wants a man from Freeport 9

I really wish other games would learn lessons from Freelancer. One of the best parts that even X3 can't touch is that Freelancer's space is INTERESTING.

I know it's not realistic to have gas clouds that you can't use sensors through, huge ice rock fragment belts, hidden bases and wormholes, etc, but it made the game a joy to explore and play.

Freelancer did a lot of things right, but this is by-far one of the best. I can't believe all space sims since have completely forgotten this.

FREELANCER ALPHA ONE DASH ONE

I played this for the first time 2 years ago and I was baffled by how beautiful the game still looks

Enjoyed it very very much. Fucking awesome game, especially in co-op.

>tfw scanning your cargo

CLAIM YOUR SHIPFU

>freelancer thread dies on Sup Forums after 10 posts
Is nu/v/ seriously this bad?

did you guys play modded? which mods?

>crop cargo
>immediately beam it back
>YOU SNEAKY FUCK
Every time.

Dreadnought's better.

Kill yourself.

Well now I got that one song about Freelancer stuck in my head

I used to play Disco before I realized the entire community is cancer. Still the best space RP I've ever played, which is a sad commentary on the state of field.

It's not a sim, it's pretty arcade-y.

Freelance had some of the worst optional quests ever implemented into a game with RPG mechanics. Otherwise I loved exploring and following all the waypoints, some leading to hidden content.

When's Sup Forumslancer coming back?

NEVER
EVER

pking people with this baby was such fun

Sabre is bae
>tfw grinding Hessian rep after being hated by them to get that baby

Current Sup Forums doesn't even want video games on a video game board. They only want to shitpost, start console wars, create Sup Forums threads, screencap twitter nobodies, and give attention to stupid e-celebs who suck at basic functions because they're too retarded to make up their own opinions.

Have a blast from the past.

youtube.com/watch?v=VL83fSTe_BM

Also
>tfw grinding Corsair rep, selling the Saber, buying Titan, strapping off its shield, grinding Hessian rep again (by killing Corsairs), buying Sabre and putting Titan's shield on because it's one level above the basic Sabre shield
Advanced autism.

that was a good ship, remember getting the vipers from the mining station down in Rhineland and getting that ship on the way

pfffffffff-hahahahahahhahaah

youtube.com/watch?v=q6uOJ7qsFv4

dreadnought is a ok game but has nothing to do with freelancer, nigger

eagle beat it in turn speed but since you effectively had 7 front mounted guns, including a turret, you could shred niggas

>contraband detected
>jettison or die
>tfw pressing dock
>police turns red starts shooting
>dock successfully
>green again when flying back out
Well I'm a good citizen. People just want cardamine.

I remember going on a LARP server

was fun but weird

Always wanted to try X series

How do i start?

Fuck you. Don't reply to me.

x3 albion prelude. every game is basically a better version of the last. except for x:stillbirth. it's not like there's much of a story.

>when the retarded console babby joins the thread he knows nothing about

>tfw your favorite streamer will never stream Freelancer

why don't you play it yourself nerd?

Any time there's a dedicated server kit for a game you know there will be a roleplaying server available and it'll be the worst roleplay you've ever seen.
I was one of those 13 year olds RPing 24/7 on Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers and later on in Garry's Mod RP servers.
Good first RP experience though.

i have played it many times ASSHOLE
i now need another person's reactions of whom i appreciate on an intellectual level

Not a fucking argument.

X3 and Freelancer are goat.

A lesser known space sim which is also very well done is Independence War 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=JvIMfiZ7x8o

Great flight model, decent story, open ended gameplay where you play a pirate.

this
I'd still like to be able to fly a Dagger with Class 9/10 guns though, I prefer it to the Stiletto

Have Freelancer installed and been meaning to play it.

After I finish vanilla what mods should I take a look at?

>Sup Forums is for exchanging arguments

what the fuck is wrong with newfags?
You need to go back.

neither is "don't reply to me" you gibbering retard

why are here if not to discuss?
except for the fishing of (You)s of course

God I miss this game. I wish the story was bigger, or had a sequel. The gameplay was so good, I loved exploring space for hours and finding new stuff, running goods was fun. Everything was great.

Sucks about Star Citizen though.

>why are here if not to discuss?
>fishing of (You)s

you are a huge newfaggot, wow.
lurk moar

I'm here because this is the place where the scum of the world gathers and discusses various topics without giving attention to shitty normalfag opinions like yours (durr hurr not an argument!!1) except now for some time this place has been infested with normalfaggots like you.

If you wanna know the reason I initially stayed here it's because I enjoyed people getting bullied and killing themselves on webcam. That's what brought me on Sup Forums.

+1

>still not on GoG

God damn, I fucking hate these companies that just sit on IP's and won't let anyone do anything with them or do anything themselves with them.

what SC ends up being good

>Sucks about Star Citizen though

Sucks about star citizen being basically everything that was promised? 3.0 is in public testing and the technology works

It's been like 7 years and we don't even have story mode yet. I already bought in so I hope it works out in the end, but I've lost most of my hype.

Not an argument.

no u

>story mode

Aka the part no one really cares about?

i.imgur.com/cHPKYzv.gifv

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpoi95LbFrw

I care about squadron 42 more than I care about the MMO part atm.

seems like the only thing holding sq42 is AI

Nitpicking: should a military firearm really shake that much before firing?

How is Elite Dangerous for space trucking / exploration?

Trash on the second account, less trash on the first. Practically no systems are interesting at all.

>Make sure he lives. He owes me some credits
Why was Trent so based? And why was he such a pussy in the pre-FP7 journal entries?

tragic events makes a man out of a person sometimes

Freespace

what the FUCK happened to this guy?

He was poor and trying, journals are for venting.

Thanks, I'll just stay with the old-school games for now until Scam Citizen "releases" in 35 years.

Whats unrealistic in ice rock belts and dense gas clouds?

What space game is like rebel galaxy that I can buy on steam?

Yeah, Freelancer made space a dense and mysterious place. Even though the world is static and dead, I still had tons of fun exploring it just to see those weird and dangerous fringe systems. A game that would combine that feeling with actually meaningful content would be a 10/10.

Not an astronomer but the fact they're cluttered this close to the stars I guess, and sometimes surrounding planets. Gravity is pretty non-existent in the game in general

There are no good space games on Steam.

Disappeared mid-game.
Most NPCs did that.

You can, just edit the ships file to give the dagger a bigger powerplant, or use nomad weapons

Space Rangers 2 is on Steam, though.

What are the mods that respect the spirit of the game the most? No new faction or SW ships or things like thar, just QoL improvements and maybe a rebalancing of the ships/weapons/trade routes

Are there any free roam space sim games where the game area isn't divided to small zones like in X3?
So when you activate the hyperdrive you don't just load into a different zone, but can actually see yourself travel seamlessly in the universe.

You're not wrong. Scaling is a big factor in general. And having zones in a solar system instead of rings doesn't make a lot of sense. The game also ignores any sort of revolutions and whatnot. The trade lanes don't make any sense and everything is way too close to each other.

All pretty necessary for the game to be good though.

I really hope 4 is not going to be a blunder

Just do the unofficial 1.4 patch, then jasons patch, and graphical mods, the swag pack, and HD asteroids, increase the draw distance of big things like trade lanes and stations, and play it basically vanilla

X2: the threat was the game i played when i was suffering from freelancer withdraw. I HATED everything in the game, but soon it grew on me.
Then i played X3:reunion... holy shit, it was buggy and slow. Years later, i ran smoothly.
Community then made X3: EXTENDED, wich was an awesome game... so awesome that Niggersoft Made a ENTIRELY OFFICIAL GAME out of it: X3: Terran conflict. When they were developing X:Reshit, they felt a need to cash in a bit more and to bridge the games, so they made X3: Albion Prelude, who was the extension of X3:TC (you need to buy the two games, so you see how it is).
TL,DR: play the horrible X2 first to understand story and mechanics, play X3:Reunion later to do the same with better graphics and the final storyline of Julian Brennan and play the hell out X3:TC and X3:AP to ultimately forsake your entire social life. I did, it was a blast.

Freelancer is very good.
Freespace 2 is best though.

Why did Star Conflict have to die. :'(

Pretty sure you can't use weapons more powerful than class 4 vanilla
Guess I can still edit it I just have to find out how to I know it's pretty easy with this game but I never bothered to edit anything

Rebel galaxy

Although completely different still a great game
>that one mod that ported FS1 story to FS2

> I HATED everything in the game

in what ways? I also suffer from freelancer withdrawal, never played the X games but your post make me want to. I just don't want to install it only to uninstal after 20 minutes

He helped you until the end. He's the guy that saved you when you went to get the nomad batteries.

This post is classified level Rho.

Is 2D acceptable?

He was bordering the unknown space, filled with pirates and a goddamn transport ship.

X2 is dated but not bad. The predecessors are harder to get into. Story is great and the gameplay is fun. Only downsides are the clunkiness and the slow level progression. X2 doesn't have pure kill missions like x3 so you are better of trading first before killing pirates. Hijacking enemy ships is probably the best way to make money

Star Citizen

Oh, I played that. Controls were really weird.

Maybe, if it's not one of those roguelike games.