How to fix FFXIII

Pros:
Incredible orchestral music
Stunning graphics
Engaging battle system (once it actually gets opened up)

Cons:
Railroaded hard
Shops reduced to a fucking save cube
Complex lore but absolutely zero ways to engage with it because they don't let you explore freely and everyone is out to get you
Battles aren't interesting until the end of Chapter 9

All you'd need to do is slightly tweak the story and make the party branded as people who are hunting down the L'cie (Fang). Once they actually meet the god plot gets revealed and all join forces. This would open up the idea of not everyone being out to get you, access to the airship etc. Make the classes open up way earlier and you've actually got a pretty decent game going.

There is no point in discussing FF13 as long as the improvements of 13-2 and LR are not recognized. On this very board anons are still memeing about the FF13 games as if they are one and the same.
I agree with you that pacing and progression are completely off, at the moment it is just a game you are required to play if you want to fully enjoy the excellent sequels.

It's still better than FF15

this, it's not even actually bad, hating 13 is a meme, 2, 8, and 15 are the only bad games. The rest range from mediocre to good to great.

I think have Cid be the big bad would be a better villain. Have Orphan fuse with him instead of Barthandelus at the end. The central theme seems to be power vs freewill and it would be nice if the villain was also a l’cie who chose power instead of freewill.

just give FFXIII FFX-2's actually fun combat. After-all, XIII's combat simply ripped X-2's but made everything worse. It would still be a mediocre game but not a bad one now

X-2’s combat was horrible trying to control manually. By the end, I let all monsters fight because the AI was better.

>Pros:
>Incredible orchestral music
I hate this meme. Orchestral music is almost always just a shitfest. Ambient is where it's at, just look at some pieces of Matt Uelmen who did most of the work in WoW Burning Crusade for reference.
>Engaging battle system (once it actually gets opened up)
Oh come on. It's not engaging ever. It could actually work if redone as CTB from X but with stance changing, attack chains, and other elements from XIII.

You'd also need open world and areas with multiple branches, branching leveling system, and all characters together from very early on. Not only that, you'd need to delete the current characters maybe except Sazh because they are one dimensional shitfest.

That would be great and already an improvement, but they would have to add lots of abilities to the classes, since each has too few right now for that system.

XV is such a tremendous failure of game design I don't even know where to begin. XIII is painfully linear, has annoying characters, and a barely coherent story. If you ask me that's par for the course in Final Fantasy.

It should be illegal to have this shit taste.

>look mom I'm meming to fit in on Sup Forums so the other neckbears will think I'm cool! :)

Way too fucking late, user.

Your defense of XIII while shitting on VIII easily shows who is the one memeing here. I am at work now, stop projecting.

Every charcter is at least two dimensional, with some of them even being multi faceted.

Whoops, disregard that, Sazh is actually the most one diomensional character in the cast.

To be fair we did get a game after it that improved the first game in every way.
And a final game that although different was also more interesting and fun.
Imagine if we got 2 more better games after any of the original FF games.

I just want to fuck Lightning

What if we had a FFXIII game with XIII-2 combat happening in LR environment

Infinitely this, post more lightning, i want to do lewd things with her like holding hands and cuddle

>Imagine if we got 2 more better games after any of the original FF games
Oh well. You must admit it doesn't take any effort to improve XIII though, which even Square "Tidus head is blown away by blitzball bomb" Enix somehow managed to do.

I liked 13-2 but I felt like it did more wrong than right
>convoluted cytarium
It was supposed to make it so you build your character stats the way you wanted, but in practice, was clunky and confusing
>severely gimping synth skills
This is what actually made your character builds interesting in the previous one but now it’s gutted and there’s maybe only one or two useful synth
>severely gimping unique attacks
Using Army of One or Sovereign Fist felt great in the last game and the moves really made an impact, but Serah and Noel’s special attacks just felt weak, as did most of the monster cast
I did like the inclusion of X or single attack and ravager targeting and taking over as a different party member if the controlled one died.

>Ambient is where it's at, just look at some pieces of Matt Uelmen who did most of the work in WoW Burning Crusade for reference.
WoW has some of the most forgettable music imo.

It just has production values on its side, that's about it. Combat, albeit good in boss fights, is really tiresome with it's Simon Says nonsense in regular fights. I don't want to juggle my Paradigms and stagger enemies in every single goddamn fight. Game DOES have some wonderful potential for system fuckery if you feel like it, though.

Will they ever release it on this gen consoles? I got it on both PC and XBox360, but I'd buy it another time, easily. Such an underrated game.

>Imagine if we got 2 more better games after any of the original FF games.

Both 13-2 and LR were hampered by the fact they had to work with 13's material, yes. Tri-Ace made two good games in their own right.

I'm always fascinated when Japanese devs don't learn anything from open world meme western studios have been doing for like a decade. It's like their games are developed in a bubble or something. Tales of Zestiria, for example, also suffered from overly large zones with nothing to do in them except collect pointless shit.

>mfw all those art assets team slaved away at making only for them to end up cutscenes and most of the, albeit gorgeous, levels are just corridors

How are 13-2 and LR? I intent to play them but some anons keep telling me it was worse shit than 13. Legit need some Sup Forums opinion here since i can't think for myself.

>On this very board anons are still memeing about the FF13 games as if they are one and the same.
implying they aren't
minor fixes wont repair a horrible product

also
>Incredible orchestral music
FF music has been extremely forgettable on every game after 9

>Like FF13 series very much
>eagerly await PS4 re-release of all three games
>meanwhile play it on PC for maximum frames
>turns out Squeenix cannot into ports and while FF13 is playable, FF13-2 is an unoptimized piece of shit that literally gives 5FPS on machines that could easily play this game

What a fucking shame, the games' performance on Steam is literally 50% doesn't work and 50% works on my machine. Same specs, different outcomes. PS4 all-in-one edition when!?

9 was the most forgettable.

ff13 is fine and all you fuckers who complain have not played part 2 and LR because last time I asked you (majority) fucking told me as much.