Only ever played bloodborne, never a souls. I want to get DSIII now but i worry it wont make me feel like pic related...

Only ever played bloodborne, never a souls. I want to get DSIII now but i worry it wont make me feel like pic related. Am i wrong guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xnfzIhrGjLc
youtube.com/watch?v=xggWJLgN-Es
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only DeS and DaS1 get that close

Aw.

DS2 is good if you can make it to the DLC areas, which are all 10/10 shit, just most of the base game is a bit mediocre in terms of level design.

But yeah, DLC is great

DaS2 and DaS3 are good fun.
But only DeS, DaS and BB are the true excellence

>DS2 DLC
>good

If you like healthbloated infinite poise enemies and rehashed bosses, then sure I guess.

I'll admit that Ivory King, Fune Knight, and Sir Alonne were pretty cool, but that doesn't change that 90% of the DLC content is shit.

DS3 is great but honestly you're going to want to play DS1 all the way through because the hype moments all bench on "Hey, that's ________ from Dark Souls 1!"

The only souls games I ever gave a fuck about were DeS and BB.
DaS1 felt like a retread of a lot of shit from DeS but not as complex and a gimmick where all the parts of the world were connected, which I didn't really care about.
DaS2 is a trash fire that not only plays worse then the games before it, but also looks worse. Also it doesn't help that in a game all about boss fights, there are only 3 interesting ones in the whole game.
DaS3 played like a shitty mix between BB and DaS. Some areas look great while others look like shit. DaS3 just has mediocre bossfights instead of shitty ones, and even if they're not that hard, they at least look cool. DaS3 also constantly jerks itself off with references which is pretty obnoxious.

>healthbloated infinite poise enemies
like what?

>rehashed bosses
just a second smelter and thats it.

Level design was some of the best in the whole series, good enemy variety, atmosphere and gear throughout.

Dark Souls 3's emotional peak depends of you having played DS1 beforehand.

I was so hooked up on nightmare that I ended it.

Best game ever, Miyazaki-san is genius.

I liked Dark Souls 3 and the DLCs but the setting in Dark Souls went to shit in the sequels.

Compared to Bloodborne Dark Souls really lacks a coherent setting and I hate Dark Souls style of lore where instead of keeping to a set number of factions, they'll just shit up new lore about some neverheard faction to justify putting in a new armor set. Whereas in Bloodborne there were relatively few factions but all of them were pretty well fleshed out.

This. Although at this point Demon's Souls is overrated. It was the shit when it came out, but as far as bossfights and content go, it's vastly overrated.

I think it is still worth.
Yes, it's a bit clunky in some places, but the boss fights are pretty different from the other games.
The areas are all great to explore, the atmosphere and ost are quite different as well.

Souls 3 doesnt even come close to Bloodborne in terms of quality, they perfected the gameplay formula and created an incredible setting and then flushed it all down the toilet for dark souls 3, going from BB to DS3 was very disappointing, DS1 is stillhood but you really have to play it on PC because the console version is still terrible with its awful framerate, the visual upgrade is nice too on the pc version

>healthbloated infinite poise enemies
The majority of the mooks in Ivory king and Old Iron King had crazy high poise and way more health than their models should suggest.
>rehashed bosses
You fight a snow tiger, then you trek through santa's fuck you grotto to fight... two snow tigers.
Smelter demon.
Getting PvP ganked by the graverobbers
Having Velstadt summoned by Elana

I may have spoken too quickly, on reflection Sunken King was pretty good. But the vast majority of the other two is shit, and that isn't saved by a couple of good bosses in my mind.

Please don't fall into the trap of saying Soulsborne, for the love of all that is good.
You have played a Souls game. It's the same dev and almost the entirely same mechanics. Just wasn't in the title

>The majority of the mooks in Ivory king and Old Iron King had crazy high poise and way more health than their models should suggest.
no? What shitty attacks you using, three hits max for anything human sized.

Did you try these underleveled or something?

Forgot the tigers desu, good point. Graverobbers aren't rehashed though, i guess velsdat summon is valid though, absolutely love that fight still mind.

I went through using a magic build w. Moonlight greatsword. I highly doubt I was underleveled, I was shitting on the basegame content.

>S-Stop saying things I don't like for some reason! I'm the expert on everything!

>a magic build
ohhhhh, yeah the DLC enemies and bosses have crazy magic resistance throughout, did a magic run my first try as well and barely managed to reach sinh

>but the boss fights are pretty different from the other games

They're gimmick fights and once you figure out the gimmick they become pretty much piss easy. And even without the gimmicks the only bosses worth shit on repeat playthroughs are Flamelurker, Allant and Maneaters. Maybe Old Hero as well.

Piss off, Soulsborne is perfectly good term to encompass both Souls and Bloodborne. If BB wasn't an exclusive then maybe, but PCbros don't comprehend that you're talking about Souls AND Bloodborne unless you say "Soulsborne"

go play DS1 first. Then play DS3. The final boss of DS3 will make you feel like this if you've played DS1

Honesly, DaS3 is the only one wich the music actually give me feels of both excitment and sadness.

Since you apparently can actually put up with with sub 30 frame rates, play demon's souls. It's fantastic. If I could get used to archaic console hardware again I'd definitely replay it.

Besides that, DaS1 is great on pc with the 60fps patch. Scholar is the best of the series imo. DaS3 is like a worse version of DaS1 so forget that

Mention the word "Soulsborne" to someone off this board. They'll cringe. The term is nails on a chalkboard, unnecessary, and reeks of autism
I've actually played and enjoyed all the games though, user, they're fukkin dope

Sansa?

>.t guaranteed virgin
Next time you're with a girl, mention "Soulsborne" and see how it goes. Make up a new meaning for it, like a gym thing. She'll still get drier than the Grand Canyon

>mention "Soulsborne" to someone off this board Plenty of the Souls community pillars use the word "Soulsborne" so fuck right off.

3 is better than 2 by far, but still can't surpass 1. That said, it's still a good game, and does have a Gehrman moment at the end of the game.

>Next time you're with a girl, mention "Soulsborne"
What does that have ANYTHING to do with the conversation going on? I mean if you start sperging about Souls to girls who don't play videogames you're going to have equally bad results.

You missed the point, the term is bad regardless of if it's part of a sperg or not. The word itself is just vile. Have fun never getting laid

He is right though, it’s retarded. I don’t call Resident evil “residentdino” because capcom also made dino crisis once.

>.t reddit
Ah, what was I thinking! Good try on the greentext though!

Honestly thanks for saying Souls community, at least yoy didn't say SoulsBorne community

Who?

user don’t be mentioning “this thing of ours” to girls at all. Oh no bbe what is you doing?

>Have fun getting never getting laid.
A bit too late for that. Lost my virginity ages ago but judging by how much you're obsessing over it I guess you still haven't.

I'm not from Reddit though.

The difference is that Resident Evil is the only relevant franchise.

>The difference is that Resident Evil is the only relevant franchise.

We still didn’t call it ResidentDino when it was relevant user. We certainly don’t allow silent hill or evil within discussion on RE threads like you guys will just include Ni-oH either.

Thread is over
you should play DeS online while you still have the chance OP

youtube.com/watch?v=xnfzIhrGjLc

Just get DS3, but dont expect too much. I doubt youll even wanna go to NG+1 and further because when youve finished it once you really have seen everything and the linearity really sets in.

Just curious, what is it you think is so great about Demon's Souls?

>which are all 10/10 shit
No.
They're better than the base game, that's true.
Not that DaS2 is bad

>like you guys will just include Ni-Oh either
If a Niohfag comes to /dsg/ or /bbg/ they get told to get the fuck out

I tried to play Dark Souls 3 lately, the fuck is up with all the hair monsters?

>says fukkin dope
>gets triggered by soulsbourne
>"They'll cringe"
>Sup Forums is one person
god you're the dumbest shithead i've ever encountered on this site
not everyone is as autistic as you dumbass

Whats wrong with a hairy monster user? :3

Play DaS1 it's really good, DeS has easy and bad bosses compared to others but its level design is similar to bloodborne. DaS2 isn't great but it's still fun to play and better than 3, DaS3 is completely trash and it feels like a fan fiction of DaS1 but I enjoyed it

GUYS GUYS...

I played the whole of bloodborne just using the trick axe and pistol.... i also upgraded my str and skill obviosuly to suit...

My question is, does DSIII have a similar “you can just use this one wepon the whole game” in it??

nope, DS3 have lots of weapons with different stats, starting weapons are bad. You can still play the whole game with them but they're really bad. DS2 is like that though, weapons have similar stats

>unironically giving ENBnigger (you)s

Longsword with K***ht class

I really lile the games but the combat makes me wanna kill myself.
Its so slow and no way to regain stamina quicker, its always attack back away and repeat.

?

>Starting on 3
But why?

Yeah. I personally think DS1 was the perfect game. And ive beaten all soulsborne

Only got a PS4, PS2 and a snes classic

Do you have a Personal computer?

youtube.com/watch?v=xggWJLgN-Es
>when phase 2 start

No i don’t.

so about DS2

did the bearer of the curse link the flame or he just sits on his shitty throne?

Why ruin such a nice scene with a such a fucking stupid meme

he found three crowns and stopped the curse

>but i worry it wont make me feel like pic related
It won't but DS3 still has some strong moments, especially strong if you play in DS1 prior.

eh so is this another timeline or shit?
or he is just one of the many fucks who lit the fire?

It won't. The closest I got was fighting Greatwolf and Gael, but they still didn't blow me away like Gherman did.

The only good boss fight in Ds2

Alonne had potential to be GOAT, but aside from a pretty arena and cool armour he didn't have much going for him.

You don't call it Resident Dino because it's a shit name.

Dino Hazard is the patrician subgenre name

well it deffinatly wont. mark my words, its good game but bloodborne is beyond good game its the favorite game of god himself.

I don't give a shit about "hype moments", but I think Dark Souls 3 has overall better gameplay and level design than Bloodborne

>If a Niohfag comes to /dsg/ or /bbg/ they get told to get the fuck out
Likewise for Souls players coming to /nhg/ when it still existed. I'm glad both fanbases were able to distance themselves from each other. It helped reduce "muh game is better than ur game" shitposting.

Fume is lighyears better.

DS2 has plenty of good bosses: Sentinels, Smelter, Pursuer, Rotten, Sinner, Mirror Knight, Veldstat, Alonne, Fume Knight, Elana, Sinh.

>when you equip velstadt`s armor and he goes phase 2 in your ass immediately out of pure anger

the worst Soulsfags are the ones that started on Bloodborne.

OP here, how come user? Juat because newfag?

Gael is as close as DS3 comes to the perfection that is the Gehrman fight.

bloodborne is a real FROMSOFT game, the only other real fromsoft game in the souls series is DeS.

other real fromsoft games include:
King's field 2-3, Evergrace, Shadow tower 1 and 2

>drop down into the arena
>"THE OLD CHAOS"

It depends how long its been since you played DS1

I've played through every Soulsbourne in order. All the games have there good parts but Bloodborne is the best of them all
>Demon Souls has level progression + the best area
>Dark Souls has a refinement of Demon Souls + best level design and great music
>Dark Souls 2 has the best multiplayer elements and covenents
>Bloodborne has best lore, atmosphere DAS1 tier of level design, great music, and some of the best bosses in the franchise
>Dark Souls 3 took the best of bloodborne and added to the mainline. Some great bosses and music.

I couldn't play Bloodborne because I had no acess to a PS4, now that I finally am I have to say it has the same level of quality atmosphere as DeS.

They did such a good job of making everything so hopeless. I'm going through the choir right now and those werewolves crashing the chandelier scared the absolute hell out of me.

bump

Some of the Bosses are very good in DaS3 (like Twinprinces, Gundyr, Friede, Midir and Gael)but they don't give you that feel you described in the OP (at least for me they didn't), like Gehrman or Ludwig do.