I'm looking for a good creepy game with above all a disturbing story and atmosphere...

I'm looking for a good creepy game with above all a disturbing story and atmosphere. What did you think of Condemned: Criminal Origins?

It’s exactky what you say you’re looking for. Way underrated and honestly one of the scariest games I’ve ever played. I still have PTSD from the mannequins.

Thanks... I'll be playing this then!

It's aged quite poorly I'd say, but it's still great nevertheless. It's pretty fucked up too

Underrated as all hell

Great game, good sequel, I wish there was more.

Play the second one too. It improves upon the melee combat a bit but the story goes full retard after a while. Still worth a play through IMO, but it pissed a lot of people off.
That fucking bear tho

It's great. Creepy atmosphere and brutal combat. There is no gore and you're just whacking dudes with pipes and rebar, but something about it just feels, well, brutal.
Last level sucks ass though, wish they left it out.

You know you can just ctrl + s for spoilers

I know, on my phone. I forgot how to on Mimi

Penumbra series and amnesia: the dark decent.

>a disturbing story and atmosphere
SOMA
It's story heavy walking simulator and an unexpectedly scaro horror game. There aren't many dark corners, spooky monsters and jumpscares with intense music, but the story, the exposition, some scenes are straight up fucking terrifying. No other game got me that depressed and spooked after I finished it.
Shit's fucking nuts if you think about it

RE7 has a lot of what made Condemned great
I love grundy horror that makes me feel dirty and gross.

Play the Forbidden Siren games. It is a weird combination of stealth and survival horror. It's made by the original development team of Silent Hill. Unlike those walking simulators, you have the ability to protect yourself with a variety of different weapons.

they're both great.

Darkwood

It was great while it lasted, but shame it's like 4 hours long. Loved seeing the effect of teeth flying after you sock someone on the mouth with a lead pipe.

If you are looking for creepy games, check out Darkwood or Consuming Shadow, those are the best horror games I checked out this year.

I just noticed that the 360 version only has 970 achievement points.

god damn I forgot about this game. remember my sister's bf showing me it for the first time and my teenage brain was scrambled everywhere, fucking great title and the sequel

top down games aren't scary or good

this might be what youre looking for OP

You aren't good, but your face is scary.

We will never get a Condemned 3. I am still very sad about this especially since 2 ends with a cliffhanger.

>Forbidden Siren

I am a PC gamer. Should I emulate the PS2 games or should I get the Win games?

While it's a shame, the plot went so crazy I wouldn't mind if they retconned the second half as a DTs induced hallucination.

It was pretty interesting and fun it being from the same guys who made FEAR helped. I dislike the last level though, it felt rushed as if they ran out of time and needed to wrap things up fast leaving it the ending unsatisfying compared to the rest of the game.

Anyone play Condemned 2? Why was it never released on PC?

>Anyone play Condemned 2?
Yeah, it's great for the most part. The combat has a bit more depth and the police work requires some thinking instead of pointing a thing at another thing. There's also the bear that scared me so hard I jumped back and hit my head on the wall.
Then the plot goes in a bizarre direction and you're mostly shooting during the final levels.

>Why was it never released on PC?
Probably the combination of poor initial sales and high piracy rate of C1.

I wish Monolith would go back to making fucking visceral and dark FPS games. BLOOD, FEAR and Condemned are some of my favourite games

God dammit that sounds cool. Now I need to go buy a used copy of Gamestop or something, fuck. Given my luck with buying preowned it'll probably be announced for a pc release shortly after I buy it.

Forgot to point out that the Darkwood devs had put the game up in pirate bay themselves so anyone can give it a try. I first drop it because it seems another shallow Survival game but by Cthulhu i was wrong,DAY 3 later and it's more like a Fallout 1/2 + STALKER.

clearly you didn't even play it inbreed, shut your mouth and fuck off.

>inbreed
keep shilling for a mobile game with that leddit spacing

S U P E R T A S E R

I loved this game

Its bc on Xbox yay