Could you play, from start to finish, a game based on your worst fears?

Could you play, from start to finish, a game based on your worst fears?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, because it's a game, not reality.

No, I don't think I would want to play like a game about parasites invading my body, possibly eggs in my organs. :(

i could, but why would i want to?

I'm gonna level with you man and say no. I can't even handle SNES horror games because of an over active imagination. All it takes is one little spark like a zombie for me to have nightmarish thoughts plaguing all night and my mind playing tricks on me. The scariest thing I ever played was Silent Hill 2 and I tapped out around the Pyramid Head scene. I was traumatized for like a week, and didn't sleep for like 4 days. Constantly saw shit in the corner of my eyes.

Have literally no idea how people do it.

I played SOMA, because Deep Sea Horror scares the shit out of me, but I was kinda disappointed from the actual outside scenes.
That weird worm monster part was way to short and there were only like 2 giant anglerfish

>that pic

Actually fucking horrifying.

>melissophobia

nothnx

I don't know. A game of being poor when I'm old and dying alone doesn't seem very entertaining.

I'm thinking about it now and I can't really think of any 'worst fears'. Regardless, I love when I play the odd horror game that actual spooks me so yes absolutely.

fuck that water shit. the underwater monster from serious sam still haunts me to this day.

This.
I was half asleep while browsing and this pic spook all of my sleepiness away.

Berzerk could really use a remake

Who would wanna play a game about dying alone?

Sorry I'm blind. What am I looking at here?

Shark at the bottom.

The shark would have just nibbled him if he actually was hungry
When they're sated they're just larger, toothier, and dare I say handsomer dolphins - completely docile. Sharks are a pretty irrational fear to have, and you should really hang out around more sharks to see about getting over it.

My greatest fear is getting lost.
A game where I can't find my way back to base or back to the main story would terrify me.
If there was a game where if you didn't do a task skillfully and quickly you would be left behind left with the main quest line carrying on without you with the side characters filling in, that would scare me.
If you do everything right you can be the main character, but if you fuck up you're playing catch up and you never get to the locations in time to see the action.
You get there after the battle after all of your npc friends have already left.
You can still pick up items and shoot enemies, but the objective was already completed by your npc friends who are long gone.
Your only quest now is to somehow regroup with them, but you never manage to do so, or it is very risky and difficult to do so.
Like you see your friends off in the distance but they're on the other side of a very dangerous enemy zone, you could die, or continue being alone.
Saves would be like Dark Souls where you don't get to load up an old save, all choices are final unless you make a new character.

Really doubt it. A game about ripping out your fingernails and toenails doesn't sound fun.

My worst fear is possibly inhabited but presumed abandoned buildings so the Silent Hill series is an absolute nightmare for me. Still never beat it. Fuck the fear of the unknown

>image
sent a chill down my spine

>you should really hang out around more sharks to see about getting over it.
Was this a jab at black people?

Nope.
My biggest fear is being followed by a psycho murderer.

fuck off shark we know it's you

Probably. Gravity Rush or something. Because I have fears of heights and nightmares of floating of the face of the Earth.
I'd get stomach churns plenty, though.

>worst fear is the ocean
With enough time, yeah, but it would be truly horrifying.

I dunno how you would make a game about getting cancer in our dick and having to get it cut off

I don't have any phobias. Is that unusual.

>jaws.mp3

Meh, not really. Almost anyone who's been in the ocean has probably been checked out by sharks. Plus, that guy couldn't even take half your foot off. Make it a great white or large bull or tiger shark, then we'll talk.

FUCK!
I used to have nightmares that were exactly like this in my childhood.

Most people don't have phobias.

>Open world game
>Encounter a man with a mask and chainsaw
>He always knows where you are and he is always slowly walking towards your direction
>You leave an area and go far away
>You log out and he's still walking towards you when the game is off
>You log back on
>He's a few feet from you still walking
>Revs up his chainsaw and runs at you
DED

Mi worst fear is be turned into a little girl and be raped by a group of fat disgusing pedos

Does social anxiety count as a phobia? What does not?

>go out in shark infested waters
>be shocked you see a shark in the water

Well every game seems to have an obligatory fucking spider level and it never stops me.

Never had any phobias but these spelunking threads on Sup Forums awoken my claustrophobia. I think its absolutely the worst getting stuck somewhere deep and dark while slowly dying of starvation. Actually started having nightmares where I have to climb through tunnels too small for me after that

hell yeah i'd play a deep ocean game

>doesn't understand why people are afraid of predatory animals

Looks like you've got a case of the old 'tism, user.

gee I wonder who's behind this post

So far, I'm only really afraid of deep, abyss-like oceans and great heights. Funnily enough, I love Subnautica, exploring the ocean's depths in GTAV and Mirror's Edge.

I never finished Dark Souls 2 because of the spider boss fight. I managed to suffer through the whole area leading up to it but I just noped the fuck out when I saw the boss.

Or I'm just not a massive gushing pussy?

Imagine if you start hearing weird noises after a while.

Man sharks aren’t even scary. We’re pretty chill dudes

Probably, a phobia is an irrational fear of anything.

Doesn't count as long as there's a reason to be afraid, like actually proximity to something dangerous like a shark.

A phobia is an extreme and often irrational fear. Any fear can be a phobia it just depends on the degree. Yelling and jerking away if a spider crawls across your foot doesn't mean you have arachnophobia. Having a panic attack because you saw a picture of a spider on the internet probably does.

So 'It Follows' as a game?

>playing GTAV
>activate underwater breathing and invincibilty cheats and drive my boat out to the world boundary so that it sinks
>just sit in it as I sink to the bottom
>eventually it forces me out of the boat and i'm just sitting
>see a shark in the darkness like twenty feet above me
>the instant I move the camera it fucking teleports behind me and eats me alive even though I had invincibility
just about made me fucking shit myself

If youre getting scared of sharks while you're on land, it's definitely Selachophobia.

That doesn't bother me because I know I'm never going to be stupid enough to crawl into a tiny space like that.

I could, but I just wouldn't want to. I hate clowns and they freak me out, but they're already in plenty of games. I can deal with them, but it leaves me feeling irritable.

Awww! Cute little sharkbro!

I love that sinking sensation despite it probably terrifying me in real life. The way sounds from above the ocean start to become very distant, the light starts to transition to eternal darkness and you can't see a single thing except the endless abyss in any direction excites me like a motherfucker.

>Plus, that guy couldn't even take half your foot off.
You’re actually stupid if you believe this

>being afraid of tight spaces
>he doesn't fantasize about being a tunnel rat during the Vietnam War

Ever played Subnautica before?

MOOOM!

>unironically being afraid of sharks

Nope, definitely autism.

Lots of people are scared of sharks (and other water dwelling creatures) because they inhabit a biome that is completely alien and inhospitable to human beings. Mankind could not be more out of its element than when it ventures into the water. There are actually people who get freaked out at the idea of swimming with whales, simply because the idea of sharing close space alongside such massive creatures instills a deep sense of unease.

Failing to understand means you're on the spectrum, my boy.

I don't get it what is it?

t. Tom Cruise

fuck no. Ive seen the pictures of tunnel systems the gooks had. They are like moles. You couldnt pay me to get into one of these

I mean, it's possible you have an underdeveloped fear response. If we still lived in a Darwinian state of nature you'd probably get eaten by a bear or something.

No, but I've been meaning to try it. What's keeping me from playing it isn't the actual ocean part, more the need to collect items and build stuff part. Never been good at that.

It's you in the background. Can you please leave? You're making me uncomfortable.

That is a great white in OPs photo though.

>wooooow sharks in the sea WTF

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark

>game about constantly falling from high places
Done it before, so probably won't bug me unless it's VR or something.

That or losing control of my mind/body, though that's a bit trickier to make a good game about.

>worst fear is being crippled in such a way that i could never play video games again

Not sure it can be made.

Sharks aren't scary
That's what my mom said during family photos :(

A game about dying alone and unloved and being forgotten by everyone when you have accomplished nothing in your life while you watch people younger than you become happy famous and successful seems pretty boring.

I was bitten by a seal in fairly shallow water, and even though objectively I knew it was no more dangerous than a dog I was genuinely terrified.

How would a game about being fucking immortal even work
Not invulnerable, just immortal
you can never die but your pain is still there
Imagine how bad that is
Your body mass is alaways in constant damage but you are still not able to fucking die
AHHHHHHHHHHH

>game forces you to stare directly into the sun

>fear of sharks
You faggots watch too many movies. There's only a handful of deaths attributed to sharks yearly, they don't really attack unless you fuck with them. Even if they're hungry, they don't usually attack humans.
Dogs kill a lot more people, but you're not afraid of them are you?

>That's what my mom said during family photos :(
I know, I remember sweetie.

Greatest fear is a giant fucking spider

I can't bring myself to play to completion anything that has those horrorfying mother fuckers,not even EDF which I wanted to play because of the mechs and all the other cool gigantic shit.

But no,giant fucking spider enemies ruin it.

Did that in Star Citizen and ELITE Dangerous already, Shit was bretty kash, d00d. Will do again when Star Citizen finally goes 100% gold.

P.S.
Checked 'em.

nigga dogs kill all the time

Project harder mate. People that are scared to go in the ocean are the autists. People that get scared of sharks on land are turbo autists, like you.

>being buried alive

It'd be a pretty short game, so probably.

I don't know what my worst fear is, maybe that makes it all the more terrifying.

your're missing the psychological aspect sweetie

FUCK OFF MOM COME NEAR MY HOUSE SAYING YOUR SORRY AND ASKING FOR MONEY AGAIN AND IL SHOOT YOU. I JOINED THR MILITARY TO GET AWAY FROM YOU NOW FUCK OFF!

Honeybae you need to lik,e go back.

I have bears come through my yard regularly and haven't been eaten yet. I'm thinking you're just a pussy who would have curled up and died in a hollow stump in a darwinian state.

>people that are afraid of certain animals are autists

So that includes everyone who is afraid of things like spiders and snakes, right? Meaning an insanely high portion of the population apparently has autism.

Don't try to weasel out of this one, Mr Assburgers.

t. shark

Are you illiterate? Don't put words in my mouth because you need a strawman to make an argument.

>Don't put words in my mouth because you need a strawman

Irony.

jesus christ not everybody is a fucking pussy like you

You may want to consult a dictionary, pal. I can feel the hot, pussy tears through my monitor.

My fear is I'll fail someone that trusts me.

>DDLC

I had a living nightmare like that once, a mask slowly floating toward me. That was pretty spooky, but I was able to go back to sleep.

Just because some people die in a certain way it does not automatically follow that there's any chance of you dying in that manner.

I could take on any dog.