Hey guys, we won't ever get this game. No no...

Hey guys, we won't ever get this game. No no, instead we'll get pieces of shit like Mania or Boom games or shitty games like Forces that no one, not even myself asked for. I hope you're all happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9SMFV682Nw
youtube.com/watch?v=F18DuFECH64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Silver and Blaze need to fuck off forever

>le Mania is bad meme

8/10 bait, made me reply.

>mania is bad

>adventure 3
That was Sonic 06

Sonic Sdventure was bad and Sonic Adventure 2 was even worse. Take off your nostalgia blinders and look at those games for what they were, buggy underwhelming pieces of shit

Agreed, it's fucking laughable that Sonic is held in almost the same regard as Mario despite all the shit games Sega has put out.

>DUDE!!!!! WHAT IF WE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM CD AND PUT IT IN THE OLD ZONES!!!!! THEY'LL THINK WE'RE CREATIVE GENIUSES!!!!!!

>Hey guys, we won't ever get this game.
Thanks for the good news.

I can tell you're a idiot that just parrots e-celeb memes

Basically this. They didn't call it SA3 because they wanted to focus on it being it's own thing as the next gen debut / 15th anniversary game

>you're a idiot

>DUDE!!!! WHAT IF WE MADE A CLASSIC SANIC GAME TODAY?!!!! THE NU-MALES WOULD FUCKING LOVE IT
>YEAH WE DONT EVEN HAVE TO PUT EFFORT INTO IT OR ANYTHING, THESE COCKSUCKERS ARE SO JADED THAT THEY'LL EAT UP ANYTHING CLASSIC

You're already gushing in Remasters and HD collection practically every year with barely anything new aside from slightly more polished graphics.
I think for 20 bucks Mania is gold even in the worst case scenario of consideration.

We already got it. It was called Sonic The Hedgehog and it was release in 2006

Would you want a story-heavy Sonic game written by Ian Flynn?

Already happened cuck, it's called Sonic 06.
>b-BUT
Adventurecucks literally cannot process that Sonoc Adventure 3 is widely considered one of the worst videogames of all time. This is why they refuse to accept it. Sonic Adventure 3 was so bad that it permanently changed the direction of the series forever, every sonic game since then has been trying its hardest to NOT be anything like the adventure games.

I just think Mania is a fucking lousy unecessary game and shows that Sega is really fucking scared of moving the series forward. I want a ambitious Sonic game, not some shitty piece of shit romhack that only the most jaded of e-celeb sheeple can enjoy.

Except ecelebs jerk off over those shitty games. The only 3D sonic game that I liked was Sonic Colors. The rest of them are shit as far as I'm concerned

>Colors
>3D
Yeah for like less than 20% of the entire game

Lol you faggots are getting desperate. You just want 06 to be Adventure 3 so it can diminish any hopes of an actual Adventure 3 to come out. Pathetic and petty and nigger-like.

Why would I want Sonic Adventure 3 when Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were huge pieces of shit?

>yfw you are not an adventure cuck

Funny, Colors is the most underwhelming title of all the 3D games. Does Adventure scare you?

Because he's a good writer?

>be me
>play the Sonic Adventure games for the first time in 2012
>think they're shit
>ProJared makes a Youtube video shitting on Sonic Adventure 2
>get accused of copying an e-celeb

>YFW you are an Adventure patrician

>holding out hope for Sonic after almost two decades of mostly shit
Who's pathetic?

I hope Adventure 3 never happens just to spite Adventurefags.

I loved the Adventures, but man do Adventure die hards like to fucking GO ON about those games at every opportunity. Not only that, but they insist on acting salty as fuck every single time a new 2D or boost game comes out. It's not enough for Adventurefags to simply enjoy the games they like and ignore the ones they don't - many of them seem to hold this deep-seated hatred for other people who enjoy other types of Sonic games, as if it's personally my fault Sega hasn't made Adventure 3 and that my enjoyment of Mania took away from their life in some way.

Shit's just pathetic yo. And yes I'm aware this thread is made by a false-flagging baiter but the point still remains true of many unironic Adventurespergs

You have shit taste and another person with shit taste assured you that you're fine with having shit taste. Don't think you're anything special senpai

Still you considering you're spouting a meme that a e-celeb has etched into your skull.

Even if they are flaseflaggers, they are still dumb as hell

>false-flagging baiter
Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded. If you do not call it out, more retards will be convinced they are not actually retarded and the problem grows worse.

If you think there won't be a "Sonic Mania Adventure", you're a literal brainlet. I'm willing to bet money that within the next 5 years we're going to see a deliberately retro throwback to the Dreamcast era in a similar vein to how Sonic Mania was a throwback to Genesis/Saturn. Adventure is now old enough for people to be nostalgic for it in the same way that people are for the Genesis games. It's inevitable.

>first Sonic Adventure has you fucking around in hub worlds in between levels and shit characters like Big the Cat
>second Sonic Adventure is two thirds shit
Most 3D Sonic games are shit for the same reasons - they make you do things nobody asked for.

>Implying we'll get "Sonic Mania Adventure"
Nigga you won't be getting anything like Mania. I'm willing to bet a sizable sum of money that when Sega does play into the Dreamcast-pandering, they try to do it themselves rather than handing it off to someone who knows what they're doing. The end result is going to be more like Sonic 4 than Sonic Mania, mark my words.

sa3 would be the final nail, it would kill Sonic Team like 06 almost did.

Sa2 sucks ass

I just like 3D platformers than control well and don't waste my time.

>making a good game would kill sonic team
Ok

Yea because SA1/2/06 were considered good games.

>game comes out
>you have to play as characters nobody wants to play as
>sits in the orange on Metacritic
>Sonic team still don't realise Adventure was the beginning of the end and Sonicfags will continue to pretend the original games are good
Would be pretty funny desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9SMFV682Nw

I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks.

>500 different mechanics
>literally a random gameplay generator

more like
>sonic team have intervention and realize that people in this world are rotten and you're better off not trying to please them
>dont give a fuck what critics or "fans" say
>make sa3, go balls deep in it
>im the only person in the world who likes it, which is all that matters desu

are you the 'mania is dog shit' autist?

Adventure games were just as horrid as any other sonic game. Take off the nostalgia goggles.

Colors is trash, and calling it a 3D game is absolutely laughable.

>mfw disappointed in all 3D Sonic but see all the unrealized potential in all them and still hope in vain that Sonic Team will made a great 3D game

>3D Sonic
>only have Sonic, Tails and Knuckles
>none of them talk
>it's just about Robotnik stealing animals again
>their designs are the classic designs
>all platforming levels
With some charm and focus, Sonic can be great.

Even if you did get sonic adventure 3 it would be trash

Because Sonic Adventure is trash unless you're a faggot who un-ironically likes his nu friends and a mish-mash of play styles that are all unpolished due to the lack of focus.

>I want a videogame company to make a game solely for me!
Real talk here.
If you love so much adventure as you claim, why don't you step up and start looking how to make a similar game.
You know, kinda like the sonic retro autism culminated in mania.
Even if you don't succed, at least you won't be so hysterical anymore about it.

probably.

Fuck you are right.

They could do a new Adventure style game without including the totally different playstyles no one wants, if they really cared at all.
I think (or hope, I suppose) that what most people actually want when they say they want an Adventure 3 is just 3D Sonic without boost, and maybe some innocuous elements from the Adventure games like hub worlds, character upgrades, separate character stories that form one big story all together, chao garden, etc.
I mean, it's sad as shit to say, but Adventure 2 is still probably the best Sonic has ever controlled in 3D to this day. Unleashed/Generations come close but Sonic is such a clunky piece of shit at low speed that any time the game slows down for actual platforming it feels like ass.

I would just like to mention that Nintendo did a better Sonic boss fight than Sega ever has in 2000 for Majora's mask

>innocuous elements from the Adventure games like hub worlds, character upgrades, separate character stories that form one big story all together
But this is just shit that gets in the way. Autistic story that you can't take seriously but isn't self aware enough to have charm, hub worlds that break up gameplay, character upgrades for literally no purpose? I just want to play a fun platformer.

>I want Sonic to be more ambitious and move forward.
>Says on the "Why can't SEGA make Sonic Adventure 3?" thread.

Also doesn't help that Sonic Team have no good original ideas.

>Autistic story that you can't take seriously but isn't self aware enough to have charm
they have charm exactly because they aren't self aware and are somewhat serious. If the games were constantly winking at the camera, telling you that they know this is all very stupid but hey we put in in anyway because fuck you I guess, that would be a charm vacuum.

WHERE IS ROUGE?
WE NEED ROUGE
ROUGE

Sonic gonna get Puyo Pop'ed
Screencap this

Not true. Either have something self aware like the Sonic Boom tv series or have it be light on plot with a lot less characters stinking it up.
Tails and Eggman are the only characters in 3D Sonic that don't drive me fucking nuts.

Colors and onwards Tails is a fucking annoying prick

Eggman is the only consistently good character in the Sonic franchise. If I had my way, the furries would all be mute/speak through gestures like classic does, and Eggman would get 100% of the dialog. Maybe throw in some Orbot or Cubot I guess, just so Eggman has someone to have back-and-forths with.

They don't even need original ideas. Much of the foundation for a great 3D Sonic is already laid out in the classic games. Sonic Robo Blast 2 and the Sonic Utopia demo showcase this moderately well.
It seems to me that Sonic Team tried to make a game in that sort of vein early on in Adventure's development, especially with the larger, more open, more slope filled beta version of Windy Valley existing, but this must have been too hard to accomplish for the time on such a weak console when 3D was still relatively new, so they compromised and made a linear action set piece game, and we've been stuck with that design ever since.

I'd take it.

Beta Windy Valley rules, seriously so fun to play. Glad it finally got leaked out. I think what happened is that ST was developing Adventure on Dreamcast devkits, and the final hardware couldn't handle Windy Valley as it was so they had to come up with a replacement.

>the Sonic Boom tv series
A rock solid example of no charm, although some jokes here and there are actually funny.

Also, Colors' story is much more self aware, and it is complete fucking garbage. Some of the worst characterization, humor, pacing, and so on the series has ever seen. Absolutely no charm in that shit heap aside from some of Eggman's PA announcements.

I'd prefer the characters talk. Classic Sonic being mute in Generations and Forces just seems incredibly fucking stupid and awkward to me, and I think making even more characters mute would just make things worse.
And talking seems just fine in things like the OVA, even with a more classic cast and setting and all that.

This. The Sonic Adventure games are charming as fuck narratively; especially SA2 which basically plays out like a cheesy 1980s-1990s action movie with cartoon animals. Hell, even Shadow and 06 are a lot of fun since while they do fuck up, but they do it earnestly. It's really refreshing when compared to the average portrayal of presumably safe mascot characters.

>I think (or hope, I suppose) that what most people actually want when they say they want an Adventure 3 is just 3D Sonic without boost, and maybe some innocuous elements from the Adventure games like hub worlds, character upgrades, separate character stories that form one big story all together, chao garden, etc.
Basically this, give or take a few things.

This. Honestly, 06 had it closest to right with how the base story progression was laid out structurally.

Three characters that can go through their own stories at the player's choosing, with the non-sonic characters featuring different spins on sonic's core gameplay and the same endgoal as sonic himself for each stage (reach the goal ring).

It's basically the S3&K approach, but without the polish.

Blaze needs her own game already

The problem with the Adventure 3 debate comes down to the fact that, with only two sample games, it's hard to nail down a general consensus of what an Adventure game even is. If you're picking and choosing which elements of the Adventure formula to keep (Chao Garden, no boost, etc) and which ones to scrap (treasure hunting hopefully), at what point does it stop being an "Adventure" title?

If you got 5 die-hard Adventurefags in a room to make Adventure 3, I doubt even they could settle on what Adventure 3 is supposed to be. It's too vague of an idea.

I don't think anyone has ever faulted 06 for a lack of ambition. It's problems are all in the execution.

There's already a general consensus on what Adventure is.
Shit

>roger craig smith
>a team from gens nowhere to be seen
>half baked games from clueless japanese devs
>boost 2 win mechanic that discourages exploration
>BTFO'd by a team of fanboys led by an australian

it's time to move on, adventure/modernfags

mania won. now it's time for taxman and his team to make sonic great again

stop waiting on sonic team to be good, stop torturing yourselves...

join us, won't you?

>Mania
>shit

>expecting good opinions from Adventurefags

I can't even get angry at people who like 3D sonic, no matter how much shit they sling. I just feel sorry for them.
It's like watching a beaten dog lash out at anyone who gets close, no matter how friendly they act. It's depressing to watch

i really like this song

youtube.com/watch?v=F18DuFECH64

>The problem with the Adventure 3 debate comes down to the fact that, with only two sample games, it's hard to nail down a general consensus of what an Adventure game even is.
Nah, what REALLY makes it difficult is Adventure 2 deviating from what most would consider the formula in a number of ways (no hubs, no shared levels, no stories for individual characters, significantly reduced amount of playstyles)
Sonic 2006 is far more similar to Sonic Adventure than Adventure 2 is.

>Nah, what REALLY makes it difficult is Adventure 2 deviating from what most would consider the formula in a number of ways
I feel like there needs to be more than one game in order for it to be a "formula"

If Adventure 1 is the only Adventure game that follows the Adventure formula, then you've got the Adventure formula all wrong. Right?

Sonic Adventure is just Sonic on an Adventure with his friends being playable, and a specific type of gameplay. Sonic had the best movement and the best homing attack. Only the Adventure games felt that way with the movement. Also they had abilities, and a Chao garden.