I like this game, i like the music, i like the story, i like the characters...

I like this game, i like the music, i like the story, i like the characters, i like the best friend character you have with you in particular and i think this game is great

let's talk about this game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UsZJGFcrL70
youtube.com/watch?v=mwEUMw7pczQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate this series' gameplay.

I have a soft spot for Explorers of skies but I started with Red Rescue and I still love it to this day...now if you'll excuse I'll go play it again

Mystery dungeon is nice.
Kinda blows you can't evolve till postgame.
Pretty sure they pull the "can't bring others with you" in this one and exploreres of darkness/time and that blows too.

I enjoyed all 4 of the main games a ton. Very fun and I love the setting. It's a shame that they never gave these a real anime (just the 3 specials). I feel like it would have been more exciting and fun than the actual Pokemon anime.

>"can't bring others with you"
the only time i remember this in red/blue is when the town exiles you, now the fact that you lose immediately if your partner gets knocked out before postgame now THATS bullshit

Explorers of the Sky has been the first game that has ever made me cry. This series is pretty good

I swear Time/Dark also pulled it too but I might be misremembering, at least you got someone else with you instead of making it a super slog like in red/blue.

I hope the Switch gets a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

God damn the Switch has so much potential

Was Super actually any good? i know it had tons of references to Red Rescue Team but all threads about it disappeared completely once the game actually came out

It's honestly great, maybe on par with Sky.
It is kinda different from the standard PMD formula though.

No, not even close to sky do not listen to

Settle it, which tower is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=UsZJGFcrL70

youtube.com/watch?v=mwEUMw7pczQ

Its good but not as great as sky but superior to gate

im confused

Was awesome. But Sky is best IMO

I cried during Grovyle's sacrifice

Temporal is a better song, but I have a soft spot for Sky because I was younger when I played Blue rescue team and it was fucking difficult

It's polarizing

It has multiple continents and you can take several jobs at the same time again. The gameplay is different, items are way more important than moves. Probably some of the hardest sections in the series.

People generally didn't like the story pacing and recruit rates were replaced by a one and done mission system. There was also little postgame, so it's the second shortest game after GtI.

Grovyle is best bro I kinda hoped we would gotten a prequel before them time traveling to the past.

The core dungeon crawling is easily the best in the sub-series, but they fucked up a lot of things with the general structure of the game that even Gates got right, and the story was really shitty which is a big thing for a lot of people.

Oh man, I was pretty excited about Super, but now im not so sure
I'm still gonna try it, but Gates was so uninteresting I couldnt even finish it

When will you nostalgiafags realize that Super is the best in the series? The gameplay and pure amount of content is unmatched.

The pacing for the plot is pretty bad but once you leave the starting town it gets real good
Postgame is great and the main campaign is actually challenging for once
I recommend it strongly if you can endure slow starts

I want another PMD to let me be whatever Pokemon I want in the post-game or at least allow a lot more options as to what you can be from the start for the purpose of autistic roleplay shenanigans.

I honestly believe that Gates has the best story

Maybe I just didn't get to the tipping point of the story then, but the gameplay just felt so lacking, like there was no real challenge to anything I was doing, and shit just dragged on

Who did you play as on your very first playthrough of whatever mystery dungeon you played first?

>bought it when it came out
>played for a few hours then never touched it again
>just like all the games I buy

Cubone in RRT

>you and your partner lose your portraits once you evolve
such horseshit,it just isn't the same doing postgame, getting back from a dungeon and not seeing a portrait. even worse there's still missions left to do so it just looks off

Blue, Cyndaquil and my partner was Chikorita
I remember I used the guide book to specifically get Cyndaquil because I really liked Typhlosion back then
Had a lot of fun with Moltres

It divisive. Some people will really love it while others tend to hate it. Points to consider are:
1. Do you like more item usage and management?
2. Can you handle a very slow start and very fast finish?
3. Are you OK with certain members being unavailable at random times?

Mainly, do you play for story or gameplay. The gameplay is great with some flaws, the story weak with strong points.

Machop, Charmander was my partner

i always end up as Machop, Squirtle or Cubone

This basically. I love the atmosphere of cute talking Pokemon adventures, but the game itself just falls flat for me

Charmander with totodile as my partner in blue.
I just rolled with what I got and I don't regret it.

you could have companions in time/dark even befote the endgame if that's what you mean

I'd like to see that

Tasteless soy boys at it again with their soy boy tastes

I went with the quiz so i got myself Charmander on both red and darkness. I went with Squirtle as a bro in the first game and then chikorita in the second game