I've 100% the first and second a few years ago, and am itching to get back into it again. Is Dead Space 3 worth it?

I've 100% the first and second a few years ago, and am itching to get back into it again. Is Dead Space 3 worth it?

Not even remotely worth it. Don't taint your memories of the series by playing 3.

I wish that they did more with the freezing to death mechanic, that part of the game was okay. A very blatant homage to The Thing, however.

What's SO BAD about it? I honestly can't imagine maybe like half of it being full of shitty human enemies being that bad.

it'll spoil it

The entire franchise was a blatant homage to the Thing.

Asking Sup Forums is never worth it. Yeah it's not as good, but it's worth making up your mind for, or at least looking into elsewhere because this is not how you do research into games.

It took a huge dump over the atmosphere of the first two games and did unnecessary things with characters, such as adding an off-screen romance for isaac that both started and ended before the events of DS3. It added nothing to the game itself except for an utterly arbitrary moral conflict that changes nothing in the grand scheme of things.
There's also the co-op partner that happens to be absent 99% of the time unless you're actually playing co-op because apparently horror games need co-op now? A lot of the levels having you go full GoW and fighting human enemies in areas with tons of waist-high cover was only the icing on the shitcake.

What atmosphere? I didn't play dead space for muh atmosphere, the first hour of each game was "atmospheric" before going full action shooter horror.

The only thing I hate is that people say that there's missions you literally cannot play unless you have a real coop partner.

>I didn't play dead space for muh atmosphere
Just because YOU personally didn't play it for the atmosphere, doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Well if atmosphere is your main complaint, and it isn't an issue for me, would I not enjoy 3?

The one thing I sincerely disliked the most was that they took the very simplistic weapon upgrade system and turned it into full Diablo RPG shit (with a cash shop on the side).

Now instead of strategically blasting the limbs off of monsters with a plasma cutter, you're completely incinerating them before they can even touch you because you have a Plasma Cutter +5 that shoots explosive bullets which also do +lightning damage and +fire burn over time damage which has a % chance to spread to all enemies in the room and make them explode when they die and the explosions also do more damage to enemies

You wont be able to 100% unless you play coop which is retarded

Ah you're a retard then.
Go ahead and buy 3, bro

>what atmosphere
ahahahahaahAHAHAHAHAH

Depends on how much you liked the gunplay of DS1/2, and whether you like building your own weapons. You can potentially build some hilariously overpowered guns in DS3 which the user in this post touched upon. It's kind of cool in concept but in practice it's a bit silly. An unfortunate side-effect is that fan-favourites like the plasma cutter are pathetically weak in their unaltered states. It's so bad with the cutter in particular that it even sounds weak when you fire it.

>Ah you're a retard then.
*tips fedora* I only get all my opinions from reddit, m'kind sir. muh REAL atmosphere.

Yes, dead space is not atmospheric type of horror game. It is an action horror game which very lightly dabs in atmosphere.

Where do you look to get a bead on games before playing them?

Reddit and neogaf.

Your opinion does not equal fact. Dead space 1 and 2 positively ooze atmosphere thanks to their amazing sound design and the way the game's interface is integrated into both gameplay and the world itself.

It was alright for the first 25% or so I think? I liked flying around between the derelict ships in space. Once you landed on the planet it sucked balls, I never finished it.

Also I loved the first two, beating both several times.

I never finished DS2 because I chose hard mode and I kept getting wrecked in the last bit of the game.

And both those are present in 3 champ.