Would PS5 be backward compatible?

There is almost no chance of SONY choosing other architecture than AMD's APUs. I think that PS4 backward compatibility on PS5 is highly probable.
How about your expectation or hope?

They'll probably make it backwards compatible for ps4 games but not ps3 still

It would be easier to just port Bloodborne.

Why when they can charge you for remakes and a streaming service?

>users have been buying PS1 games digitally for years on PS3, PSP, and Vita
>make new console
>ignore this entirely and don't add it all
>thinks the NEXT time, they're going to add more complicated backwards compatibility
Nigger are you retarded?

I understand the lack of PS3 BC, but no PS1/2 is inexcusable.

it depends on two factors
1. how much money they are making off of ps2 classics and remasters/remakes of their older titles
2. how many people are buying the xbone for its bc

A streaming service no one uses and will never become popular vs the potential for PS4 game sales well into the PS5 lifecycle is kind of an obvious choice honestly. There's literally no profit motive to do anything other than backwards compatibility assuming the architecture is the same.

If people can play the ones they already own then how would they make money? The money has already been made on those games. What they're doing now probably makes more and that's why they do it.

They'll switch to Nvidia for maximum memes. Microsoft will do it too. Then Nintendo will switch to AMD.

Why would they, when they can charge gullible Sonybros with PSNow?

You retards pay for online.

What about all generations of Playstation?

Of course not. There's too much money to be made in remasters.

They'll have to find a new name for them, the PS3 had "HD collections" and the PS4 had " remastereds".

>this guy actually thinks you can't buy a game if it's not brand new

Sony and friends would release endless waves of 4K remasters.

If they made it backwards compatible they wouldn't be able to sell you the rereleases at a moderate price.

Didn't the President of Sony or someone say they didn't think people cared for BC and that they weren't going to pursue it?

Who the fuck cares what they say? Corporate suits only ever say shit to justify what decisions they make with the next iteration of a product line, just like the shit Apple pulls with their iPhones.

I'm ready for the PlayStation Change hybrid console

This. Besides, if a PS5 launches, I'm not ditching my PS4.
People who sell their old console and games and then complain about not having games are retarded, but that didn't mean retards didn't do that shit en masse when the PS4 launched.

I think it's that people want ps2 and psx games instead of ps3 and ps4 games. I don't know anyone who still has an original playstation or ps2. It's just easier for them to be bc with the newest system like MS is doing.

All console should be built on the same architecture. New console should come out every 1-2 years and have a obsoleteness hit at 5 years. That's what I want at least

might aswell get a pc at that point

I hope they make it backwards compatible and let you emulate everything before ps4. I shouldn't have to have 3 consoles pluged in just to play all my Playstation games.

People actually think that when a new console comes out the old one is obsolete.

Think about PS2 (or compatible machine) with HDMI output and up-scaling

Can't they make the old games look better like the og xbox games on the new xbox? I don't know if sony has the engineers to do it or the time to do it like ms.

yeah that's called a PC

Sony usually don't do BC with their consoles, but that may change with whatever comes after the PS4.
Sony main competitor right now is the PC, and mone of the main draw of the PC is that the very concept of "generation" doesn't exist. If they suddenly announce that your entire PS4 library won't be supported by the new hardware anymore a lot of people might jump on PC
That's what I would do anyway

I don't think they would go right to pc. If they have a laptop then they can already play pc games. They'll just go with another console like whatever Nintendo and MS put out.

This.
Especially since the PS4 can play emulated PS2 classics rendered in 896p - 960p.
Also, the PS3 had backwards compatibility in all it's models, even the Slim ones.
So it's inexcusable that the PS4 can't even play PS1 discs.

Also, the PS4 can't play audio CDs, but the previous generations can.

Sony don't believe in BC. They believe in releasing remakes/remasters of their previous consoles' games and selling them to you for $20-40.

>There is almost no chance of SONY choosing other architecture than AMD's APUs
Well, now there is also an Intel (CPU)/AMD (GPU) combo available. But it was most probably made for Apple and maybe it wont be as easy to get for other companies?
Also, you can't leave Nvidia as if they have nothing. If Sony wants to bet again on low power CPUs, a la PS4, ARM could be interesting for them. Specially when you bundle an Nvidia GPU with it. This is still the less probable choice imo

I wish Sony at least gave some form of Ps1 and PS2 support, it sucks having to have a PS2, PS3 and PS4 under my TV

They do have some PS2 support. You can buy some 'remastered' PS2 games from the store for $20, you silly go- I mean guy.

The games I been buying recently dont have remasters besides .hack GU