Switch appreciation thread! All switch owners get in here!

switch appreciation thread! All switch owners get in here!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CU8WL_Svn0M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fpbp

what if i have a switch and don't like it

Shit console, no games. Build a PC instead.

Then you just have shit taste.

OP here. i was going to post the anal vore pasta but i cant get it past the spam filter so the thread is over

It's great, best launch in generations :D

Why did you get it then?

I'm gonna pick a Switch this Friday alongside Xenoblade 2. Neon joycons or grey joycons?

>best launch in generations :D

Clinically retarded.

Don't worry, it's the same for me.

in terms of games the switch is pretty great but i still feel ripped off after buying a wii u and getting a system that's worse in every way (besides the portability gimmick, which the wii u also had in tablet mode so)

Perhaps, but I'm not wrong :)

Literally the only worthwhile game is Mario Odyssey.

Waiting for New Switch SP Lite XL Micro master race.

This. Everything is shit.

OP, I know you want your thread to stay on the front page, but samefagging with your phone and shitposting isn't the right way. I understand that Sup Forums usually responds to shitposts, but you need to find better ways to keep this thread alive.

Show me (1) exclusive that the piss4 had in its first year. Souls games that eventually came to other platforms don't count.
Protip: you can't

Looking back, I regret getting the grey ones. Neo joycons look so cash

Absolutely this. The other titles are complete shite.

fpbp

because i have every other nintendo handheld

All consoles a shit. Get a pc you fucking degenerate toad

>owns 2 games
>HURR NO GAMES

>Doesn't know how to evade a simple image filter

Well this explains all the shitposting on this board. Nothing but newshits all around. Fucking go back to Gamefags or something you waste of space.

The neons look much better in person. It is matte finish it is not shiny and colors look good and not some cheap plastic.

Infamous Second Son.

Stop posting.

>shit taste
>odyssey is the only good exclusive and its only good, not great
have you just not played a lot of games or what, because whenever i ask a nintendo fanboy what their favorite games are, especially here, its always basic bitch shit

Got mines a week ago, love it. Saving up for pokken.
Got the gray ones, I think the same thing

But he is absolutely correct. Debatibly the best launch year of all time.

What are your favorite games?

List your games fellow Nintendobros!

>Breath of the Wild
>Odyssey
>DBZ Xenoverse 2
>DOOM
>FE Warriors
>FAST RMX
>Wonder Boy
>AutismCraft

Gonna hold out until Christmas to get anything else big, maybe will download an indie, think my GF will get me a game for Christmas

Daily reminder that we are coming for you and your exclusives. You can't do anything about it.
>pic related

I like my Switch actually, it's motivated me to have a more physical game collection this time around. My only real complaint are the awful joycons. The joysticks are like 2-year-old N64 joysticks, they are wobbly as fuck. Also the right joystick is a full in too low, it is extremely uncomfortable to use for any extended period. I'm sure they will go through heavy revision over time.

Missing out on a lot of great games that way. Windows 10 is trash and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or an Indian Microsoft technician.

I have an i7 1060 GTX running triple monitors and gaming feels like a chore. It's just much easier to wake my Switch from sleep mode, literally press a few buttons, and I'm already playing. I already wageslave in an office all day, so sitting in front of my PC just reminds me too much of work.

>stop making money and make a bunch of the same fucking controllers that no one will buy

Reminder that 'launch' is the first 3 months and odyssey is the only good game on the switch, which came out well after the launch window.

Who doesn't want Gamecube switch controllers?

I came in this thread to say that you're wrong and that there hasn't been a launch as good since GC with Melee.

Neon, they don't sell them like that invidually. The only ones i see are where the colors are opposite.

Go Neon, and if you really don't like them. Get the black ones as extra joycons.

GC didn't launch with Melee:

All-Star Baseball 2002
Batman Vengeance
Crazy Taxi
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney’s Tarzan Untamed
Luigi’s Mansion
Madden NFL 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Wave Race: Blue Storm

Okay, so why do you get Nintendo handhelds? Seems like you aren't interested in anything even closely related to Nintendo.

>he's a smashfag
S T I N K Y
T
I
N
K
Y

>arguing with the shitposters that defend and hype arms

Holy shit you are HARDCORE! Here's mine from the last year
>ARK Survival evolved
>Smash 4
>Everybody's Golf
>Mario Kart 8
>Rocket League
>Pokemon White
>The Long Dark
>Battlefield 1
>COD WW2

>Melee
>Launch game

I just have
>Breath of the Wild
>Odyssey
>Picross S
so far. Critical path’d Odyssey to the credits so I could take my time playing around in BotW which I’ve really been loving. Picross S was a bit disappointing but nbd for $8. Puyo Puyo Tetris is probably my next scoop as a palette cleanser and something to take up my time until Kirby next year. Skipping Xeno because as much as I try, I just can’t into JRPGs

>buy PC game
>usually play it a bit but don't finish it unless I'm really into it
>play it on any screen or computer I want at any time

>buy PS4 game
>barely play it, rarely finish
>can only play on a dedicated TV or monitor
>feel like I wasted money

>buy Switch game
>feel compelled to play it
>play in both handheld and docked mode on both my TV and secondary monitor
am I dum?

It came out like a month later, still launch window.

Yeah, how dare I like one of the best series in gaming?!

>Seems like you aren't interested in anything even closely related to Nintendo.
Nintendo isn't a genre.

I don't feel too bad being an early adopter. Feels like I got my money worth, having games on the go.

Alright, so you haven't liked Nintendo games since 1994, that much is clear. Again, why are you continually buying the handhelds? What is the point?

Got my Switch on Monday, already had XC2 CE pre-ordered for at least a month, so I'm looking forward to that, as all I have at the moment is Odyssey, which is a great game, but I like variety.

Try the Octopath Traveler demo (if it's still available). I'm not a JRPG man myself but I gave it a try and really enjoyed it and pretty much sold. Now what's left is to wait until release. I'll probably be getting Xenoblade 2 in the meantime. Literally the only JRPGs I've played before were Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

this is probably one of the best consoles to be an early adopter. next year will just see better bundles. it is a possibility for a year 3 hardware revision but I doubt it. They will probably just come out with some better peripherals/accessories .

SSOD was better lmao

Get a pro-controller, its definitely worth it.

No, you are comfy

They had plenty of good games until the 3DS, then everything abruptly went downhill. I replay everything before that regularly. I still play some new games on my PC and PS4, and some of them are even really good. So what are you getting at? Either a handheld is shit or its not. This one is shit. "Just don't buy it" isn't an argument when nintendogaf puts literally everything nintendo shits out on a pedestal and pretends its the best thing ever. Deep down you know its bad. Don't pretend like it isn't. You guys just lowered your standards.

there are advantages to being an early adopter, for instance if there's a hardware revision you don't have to feel as guilty about trading up.

Honestly I have never been an early adopter, I'm just now getting into the PS3 which I bought preowned.
But I feel good about buying a Switch this early.
They really had a lot of good titles to start their first year with, unlike the PS4 where I waited 3 years to justify the purchase.

Real talk: after Xenoblade 2 (which is in of itself a pretty fucking niche game), what's the next game we have to look forward to? Unless there's some Mario Odyssey season pass or DLC to look forward to, I think we're going to be hitting a game drought

Just recently got one. Should I be worried about scratching the screen putting it in and out of the port?

>Literally the only JRPGs I've played before were Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana
You gotta lurk for 2 years before posting.

Since I got my Switch, I've felt compelled to get one of those controller addons for my phone that make it Switch-like. I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 that I would like to emulate older consoles on, but I absolutely despise touch controls, hence the need for controller add ons but which is the best quality one?

Be careful and it shouldn't be an issue. Either way, invest in a good glass screen protector

Zelda DLC comes out later in December, so there's that.

There's a ~$10 glass screen protector on amazon that'll keep it safe.

>They had plenty of good games until the 3DS
Then why did you only list Nintendo games from the early 90's?

They'll probably do a Direct in January mirroring the Switch Reveal Direct that'll highlight the coming games for 2018

Kirby. Octopath. Yoshi.

youtube.com/watch?v=CU8WL_Svn0M

read the filename

How about you kids take this to emails or something and let us talk about the topic instead of this fag's life story?

Octopath and Kirby

Then you're wrong.

Ok. Sorry senpai

That's all the games this thing has though. It's a piece of trash, build a PC.

>"Just don't buy it" isn't an argument when nintendogaf puts literally everything nintendo shits out on a pedestal and pretends its the best thing ever. Deep down you know its bad. Don't pretend like it isn't. You guys just lowered your standards.

Actually, in your case it is an argument. Why on earth would you buy anything Nintendo related anymore when you clearly believe that everything Nintendo related is shit now? For that matter, why are you even here if it's supposedly "Nintendogaf"?

Thanks for the rec! Downloading it now and I’ll give it a shot. Btw I just noticed I have no friends on this thing. Can we make this a friend code thread?

Mine’s 5973-4811-9693 for anyone who wants a lonely tranny to occasionally appear in their friend list

>why are you even here if it's supposedly "Nintendogaf"?
>d-don't come to Sup Forums if you don't worship nintendo!
this is why you faggots need to be put on a separate board

>who wants joycons
no one except for that one autistic guy that posts his collection all the time

Oh right, I forgot Octopath was early Q1. Even considering both Kirby and Yoshi being things that will ideally have release dates announced during a nearby Direct, I'm thinking the Switch is going to run out of steam as far as heavy hitters go

That's not what I said, and you know it. I'm asking you why you desire to go to a board that supposedly only talks about Nintendo games, one that you clearly seem to hate? It just doesn't make any sense. It lacks all logic. It's like voluntarily going to hell and complaining about all the demons and devils poking your ass with pitchforks.

Fine by me, my backlog is overloaded already and Splatoon isn't dropping support anytime soon

I think its pretty good. We still don't know what any of the holiday 2018 games are gonna be. Decent smaller stuff coming out like new Shovel Knight, Wargroove, and Super Meatboy Forever.

>muh nostaljuh

Just get any screen protector, the extra 10 dollars a year is worth if for an indestructible screen

>he thinks you can just leave Sup Forums

Fire Emblem and likely Pokemon are both next year. It’ll be fine.

SONYFAGS IRREVOCIABLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

the asshurt in this thread

Quick, post your top 3 most played games along with approximate hours played.

>LoZ: BotW - 100+ hours
>Puyo Puyo Tetris - 55+ Hours
>Super Mario Odyssey - 80+ Hours

tpbp

also the new No More Heroes game is coming out late 2018.

You came into a positive Nintendo thread, because you hate Nintendo and think Nintendo fans act obnoxious...

>people with switches are disappointed
>SONY BTFO
y-yeah, we finally did it iwata!

Splatoon 2: 110+ hours
Mario Odyssey: 45 hours
(sadly) BotW: 35 hours

>>people with switches are disappointed
we are?

>>people with switches are disappointed
Who are you quoting?