My god this game is fun...

My god this game is fun. I just saved Raven and I've been doing a ton of side quest and fucking around collecting crystals. I spent all afternoon and night playing this game.

Also the sheer scale of Jirga is just fucking insane

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-hs9QQXjSo
youtube.com/watch?v=HNYnsZ5XgDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice try marketer but this game is boring as fuck. pretty much a step down from the original in very possible way.

It's literally a step up from the original in every possible way though?

>398499994
It's a step up in literally every way. Prove me wrong

Brother?

But have you finished Kat's first game?

the best is to jump around with the lunar powers.

Ummmm, it's only in 30 fps Sweetie

>combat is still repetitive
>camera is terrible
>shit tier stealth missions
>90% of side missions are boring as FUCK fetch quests
>no 60fps, can barely do 30
like i said, you arent fooling anyone. theres a good reason why this game flopped and its because its SHIT.

>Devlool layer 34

FUCK THIS

Lunar is absolute shit for traversal. It's only good for warp kicking the flying nevi.

If Sony developed games for Nintendo this game probably takes off and doesn't flop. Shame the dominant userbase of Sony consoles don't really care for good gameplay.

If you get past the first room, grab the stones one of the nevi is throwing at you and kill others from a distance. Leave the stone throwing nevi for last.

Blowing up the scale of the game to fit on a home console just didn’t seem to work. Something about the game just doesn’t feel right.

it doesnt feel like this game was made for console. they really didnt take advantage of the ps4 hardware other than making the worlds bigger (which imo makes it more tedious to get to places). GR2 could have easily been on the vita

Didn't play the first. Do i need to before i play this?

Play 2 first and get all the dusty tokens you need for all the unlocks because the online services shut down in January.

WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE Sup Forums

I STILL CANT GET OVER WITH IT

What do the coins do/unlock

Costumes, emotes and talismans which boost some of your moves/health/flying etc.

OK! I bought it stop reminding me about this game now please!

It is. The most underrated game of this year.

>combat is still repetitive
It's not a very combat focused game. You have much more options now with different styles.
>camera is terrible
Sometimes but most of the time it works just fine.
>shit tier stealth missions
LITERALLY nothing wrong with them, just your usual missions.
>90% of side missions are boring as FUCK fetch quests
Most of the time it's different challenges which involve your different powers. It's rarely a simple fetchquest.
>no 60fps, can barely do 30
But game looks absolutely beautiful in return.
I mean, game is obviously not for everyone and it has flaws but it's also a very good and creative which is rare in modern industry. I had solid 60 hours of pure fun with it and I'm very surprised how few people even know about the series.

It's better to do it, yeah. First game is quite short you can beat it in like two days.

>she didnt buy it when it came out
>she'll never unlock the white kat outfit
literally laughing at your life rn

I just reached Hekseville. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting to be so disappointed with the game. I was hoping that they were going to fix the shitty stuff from the first game and have a really great game, but nope.

I mean there is fun shit to do. Jirga does look very nice, Lunar style is fun to bounce around with. Hell, the styles themselves are a nice addition to compensate for the fact that the game's combat is a shit tier waste of anyone's time. Characters that at least try to have more than one dimension are pretty nice. The gravity mechanic itself was always really fun to use.

But all that shit is muddied by the garbage this game is filled with. The side missions are terrible; even if you find one that's enjoyable, it's quickly swallowed up by several other ones that are just boring and cumbersome, like the boring as hell "stealth" mission for the reporter. Hell, even the ones that are fun are usually ruined by some stupid, pointless garbage.

And then there's the lack of a proper lock-on system. Yeah, they give you that half-assed soft lock-on to help you, but that thing is worthless. Half the time you'll end up flying behind the target and desperately trying to re-aim at them. I'm dumbfounded that they refused to add a proper one for the sequel, despite it being such a frustrating feature in the first. The game's design itself is also pretty shitty, since they make you not use you gravity powers for most of the gimmicky missions, defeating the whole purpose of the game. You just end up doing all these optional, and sometimes even story, missions with a bunch of frustrating limitations slapped on you for a cheap sense of "challenge".

Finally, there's the story, which flies by so fast you get no time to process anything. I really wanted to like this game because it's a cool idea, but the devs didn't seem to know how to actually make a proper game and it winds up being a clusterfuck desperately hanging on by it's core mechanic being fun.

Jesus, when you people will accept that this series fate is already sealed? Stop with these goddamn marketing threads every single day, it's annoying as hell.

I guess you just wanted Infamous where you wreck the shit up with gravity powers, throwing islands and killing people for evil gravity points. It's a different game with different mood. Too bad it's not for you. I on the contrary was really impressed by GR2. Arriving to Hekseville and seeing it in new graphics was fantastic. I expected just more of the same but game really gave me more in almost every aspect.

No, what I wanted was for them to improve on the issues that were in GR1. The styles kind of addressed it with Lunar making you teleport and not having to rely on flinging yourself at a fast moving flying enemy, but everything else was still suffering the same problems there were in one; the bad camera, the dull combat, the lack of any good lock-on and the story that just tries to blast through as fast as it can regardless of how many questions remained unanswered or unexplained.

I'm hoping Hekseville improves the game, cause frankly it's becoming a chore just to play the damn thing. Black Eagle was such a pain in the ass it almost made me despise Jupiter style.

I've never played Infamous.

>And then there's the lack of a proper lock-on system. Yeah, they give you that half-assed soft lock-on to help you, but that thing is worthless. Half the time you'll end up flying behind the target and desperately trying to re-aim at them.
How can someone be so bad at such a casual game yet keep criticizing it?

>regardless of how many questions remained unanswered or unexplained
Pretty much everything explained in the end. Don't you think it's kinda stupid to talk about the story before you finished the fucking game?
>Black Eagle was such a pain in the ass it almost made me despise Jupiter style.
That dungeon was the worst point of the game for sure but the actual boss was quite fun in my opinion.

Last costume unlocked, feels good. Currently at 5000 something coins, I don't really care about 6k medalion, but guess I will do it.

Sorry user, I just don't find it fun to try and kick a guy floating in front of me, only to end up speeding past him because the soft lock decided to aim at his buddy jerking off 500 yards away.

Medallion is cool for collecting precious gems which are under the city for example. You can just flip gravity backwards and jump around collecting shit.

Unlimited shifting is a unique effect not found on any other talisman in the game, so you better get it. It's not like one extra thousand tokens is gonna take long.

I was talking about the first game with the story comment, but the second game hasn't really been too helpful about it either. No explanation about the council, about how Kat ended up in Bhanga, Nue Haverton (?) being important, the two creator people from 1 showing up out of nowhere. Like I said, I'm hoping Hekseville addresses this shit, but I'm just annoyed because after getting blue-balled by GR1, GR2 opening like it did was just flustering.

Gravity Engine was pretty fun I'll agree with that. Only annoying part about it was how it just never stopped shooting those little ball lasers. I'm just glad it wasn't another big flying monster.

>about how Kat ended up in Bhanga, Nue Haverton (?)
My god, you didn't know about anime but somehow it's a game's fault.
youtube.com/watch?v=h-hs9QQXjSo
youtube.com/watch?v=HNYnsZ5XgDw

Reminder that servers go down in January so you better get grinding those treasure chests if you want Classic Kat costume.

The only bad thing about Gravity Rush 2 are the sidequests which force you not to use your Gravity Powers. Trying to avoid the fans or doing the stunt movie work especially sucks as they are effectively platformer sections in a game where none of the mechanics are built for a platformer.

I didn't know actually, thanks for the links.

They should've had these in the game as extras or something if they're that vital.

That's not how you reply to comments MONGOLOID FUCK

I think a lot of complaints about ps4 games running badly (not just GR) come from people owning the base version of the console. Pro is not 60fps but it never seems to dip into crippling levels, ever on any games i have.
Can you tell us why you bought a product on release date? Did your mother never tell you not to do that? Did you not figure out by now that you should not do that?

Git gud, those missions are easy and fun. I'm actually surprised how many fun challenges are hidden in delvool mines. Yesterday I had a really interesting fight where I can't use gravity powers so I used lunar and careful positioning so enemies will hit each other. Fights like that should've been more often in side quests or even main story, it's a nice variety to the formula.

Kat's home looks so comfy. I like to imagine her and Raven sleeping together all comfy on that bed.

I love you Kat, but your threads attract such disheveled bitter redditors that we should consider having them less often.

Retarded post

nobody cares

this, delvool is fucking amazing and completely changes how you play the game

I had never once used lunar standard attacks or reflected back enemy projectiles in the main game, I didnt even know they were a thing, it has changed my entire view of the game yet only like 5% of the people who have play GR2 have gone deeper than layer 3 in the trench

Also just got to Hekesville. It's so much better than that shitty Chinese area.

Wondering around the city on foot is so fun. I think the only other time I had this much fun wondering around a city and looking for comfy areas was in Hell in Gat out of Hell.

H-How do you deflect projectiles?

It was fun, but I really hate that most of the combat requires a flying kick that gets dodged at the last second while I'm careening a hundred miles away and have to constantly course correct. It nearly drove me insane. I had to resort to spamming the stasis field for a lot of flying enemies.

Also fuck those trial things that lock away certain abilities and all those "stealth" missions.

>"stealth" mission
>"stealth" mission
It's time to stop posting, user.

This. Except i would say the camera works if the person playing knows how to control it. And the stealth missions.... are just not good and they did a poor job at conveying what the rules of the game were during those missions. But they weren't so terrible you'd want to quit the game. They were short aswell so who gives a shit.

You know there is a way to make sure you target people with the soft-lock on right?
If you press at the right moment while locked on it will hit 100% of the time.
And besides you could just use objects or use the worm hole kick if it was that much of a bother.

Everything about the game is just mediocre

I finished it like a week and a half ago and still itch to go back and play it but I hate how it's a limited time thing, though that seems to hide the fact it isn't too long. I just wish more of the mechanics in the challenges were in the main game to maybe make it more appealing so we could've got GR3 but oh well.

>I hate how it's a limited time thing
Oh yeah. I died yesterday on floor 17 and now I'm waiting for the storm again.

>my god this "play-statiooooon" game is so awesome I didn't fall a sleep in the first 10 minutes guys!!

What's a good game?

There was never going to be a 3, Toyama wants to go back to horror games

>no new ip

nice blog faggot

>Being this insecure
Holy shit. How does pic related make you feel then?

cry more toddler

If you save on the mining boat before you go down in the mine you can use that save to retry if you die immediately or want to try going for more floors in one go. Also in the later floors boost your lunar style damage because it becomes EXTREMELY busted and useful.

If you already knew this then disregard my post.

You weaklings can not be Kat's lover. You will puke and make an idiot out of yourself on your first date because you can't handle the Gs, like the dog in the quest your pants are wet and the woman wish she was elsewhere but do not say as she is too gentle. Why do you make Kat feel bad like this, weak bowels man.
I am an air pilot, high altitude and the bell drop is my lunch and dinner. I have the spirit and morale to handle Kat ball of sunshine and fast flying but you weight her down with your need, you need i don't.
Kat and me we save the world together because even without Kat i save the world alone.

Once i get my licence and fly not illegaly anymore Kat will notice my adventurous charm and become my plaine. I am also French and manly, i am Kat's husband anytime soon.

I like game of thrones. Jon snow lol

Not sure what that has to do with this.

Didn't know about the save, it's gonna be useful I think. That 17th challenge is fucking time limit battle and if I hate something in gaming it's the time limits. But if I can save that means I at least can do one floor every time, so it's pretty good to know.

the game autosaves everytime you reach a new layer, just pause as soon as you die and load the auto save

Neat. I hope I'll get lucky with storms today.

BUBELIE

Yeah do too but save before going down just in case because on certain layers like 34 the camera will shit itself so dying during that sometimes happens fast and I've been fucked over trying to load autosaves in those situations so be careful.

what the hell is that skin color? It's like they can't decide if they should make her white or black and go for something between

I always thought of her as white blonde chick with a surfer tan.

But thinking on it she's really a sort of white/Asian hybrid fantasy race. As a fa/tg/uy I love coming up with alternative human races and she fits in that niche for me.

>vitafriends are still this mad

I got 6000 in 4 days.

I wish the story was good. The rest of the game (except the shitty tablet and stealth parts) was great.

fuck outta here

Is it worth $40 shekels? Or should I wait for a sale?

Did you play/like the first game?

Never played the first. I was thinking about getting it along with Gravity Rush 2.

It does in my opinion but you better play the GR1 first. If you like it then you can get GR2 without a doubt since it just makes everything much better. I think Remastered is on sale now and very cheap.

Then
>do you like slice of life scenarios?
>do you mind the story being the main focus over the gameplay?
>does lock on not matter to you?
>do gravity defying superpowers interest you?
>do you like delicious brown?
If you answered yes to at least two of those then buy her games.

How dare you talk positively about a Sony game on Sup Forums

Wow I'm in love

How do you do this part of the game? Ive never done it yet and Im almost done the game

you need to reach a certain part of the story to unlock a side quest to unlock Devlool

Just beat the main story and all sidequests for now, you will need to be max level because the trench is hard as shit

First you need to do sidequest in Hekseville with boat guy. Then you need a gravity storm in one of the mining sites. After just go there and you'll find a portal to Delvool mines, which is 30 floor dungeon with different challenges in the end of each flor. Plus I think Raven's DLC adds like 20 more floors.

>I died
Savescum.
If you quickly hit pause when you die and go to the main menu, then select continue you will resume from the entrance of the layer you were on.
When you get a new message saying "Gravity Storm in progress" go to the mining sites and look for a dark blob near the lift.

You should get both. Probbly start with GR2 tho since servers closing and all. Theres also a psn community that can help u boost ur token gain - “Dusty 2.0” or something

Is this based on the app game?

All games are applications.

It's kinda cramped though

Does Raven really live in Kat's sewer home?
Doesn't she have her own place? Where did she live all those years until Kat appeared in Hekseville?

Shut up faggot

She was with the lost kids down the long pipe right?
I dont really remember, but they live together after GR1 according to the anime episode

She can't live down there, because of time dilation. If she did, she'd be disappearing from Hekseville for long periods of time.

Well I dont remember how that worked exactly, but the kids are happy to see her implying she is a regular visitor and isn't she the one who brings stuff to them so they can live?
Also she was working with the general McDickhead in the first game so maybe she lived somewhere that was paid by the Hekseville government.
I actually should replay the first game

Maybe time effect less impactful on shifters.
>brings stuff to them so they can live?
No, they lived with garbage from Hekseville.

>No, they lived with garbage from Hekseville.

>they lived with garbage from Hekseville.
But they didn't live with Kat.